Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,344 members, 7,850,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:00 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4476259 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (3688) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 1:13pm On Sep 10, 2015
Graceovereffort:
Pls to the Proffs in the house,i need help. When one wants to develop a plot,how many feet are u to map out? Going with 60 by 120 plot,how many feet will be left out and many will be fenced? Thanks all

I guess it depends on the master plan for your hood but I enclosed the whole shebang.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 2:54pm On Sep 10, 2015
Graceovereffort:
Pls to the Proffs in the house,i need help. When one wants to develop a plot,how many feet are u to map out? Going with 60 by 120 plot,how many feet will be left out and many will be fenced? Thanks all

I have always fenced all my 60x120ft plots... The only area you should be concerned is the side by the main road... if you want to leave out some area for side walk.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:25pm On Sep 10, 2015
mufutau55:

I have always fenced al my 60x120ft plots... The only area you should be concerned is the side by the main road... if you want to leave out some area for side walk.

Hajji M.

Baba sa, ajepe aiye o. Ete mi mole ke koja.

I'm available for adoption. I'm all grown so you don't have to go through the diaper changes and 2 hour nightly feedings and having to buy a soccer mum SUV grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 7:37pm On Sep 10, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Baba sa, ajepe aiye o. Ete mi mole ke koja.
I'm available for adoption. I'm all grown so you don't have to go through the diaper changes and 2 hour nightly feedings and having to buy a soccer mum SUV grin

I can't get enough of you. smiley I laugh so much nowadays, my wife is making appointment with my Doctor on my behalf... (Abi se Baba head dey correct so?)

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:54pm On Sep 10, 2015
mufutau55:

I can't get enough of you. smiley I laugh so much nowadays, my wife is making appointment with my Doctor on my behalf... (Abi se Baba head dey correct so?)

Hajji M.
lmao
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Graceovereffort(f): 12:33am On Sep 11, 2015
mufutau55:

I have always fenced all my 60x120ft plots... The only area you should be concerned is the side by the main road... if you want to leave out some area for side walk.
Hajji M.
Thank u baba. u really helped. My concern was due to street drainage. i just got to know dat some feets are to be mapped out for road and drainage,abt 3 to 4 feet if am not mistaken
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Graceovereffort(f): 12:37am On Sep 11, 2015
EgunMogaji:

I guess it depends on the master plan for your hood but I enclosed the whole shebang.
Thanks a lot
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 12:42am On Sep 11, 2015
Graceovereffort:
Thank u baba. u really helped. My concern was due to street drainage. i just got to know dat some feets are to be mapped out for road and drainage,abt 3 to 4 feet if am not mistaken

Yes. I think 4-6ft should do it.. enough to also accomodate future gutter.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 2:49am On Sep 11, 2015
Fencing just about completed.

Now to fill that gate gape with a suitable gate and maybe do the foundation if the almighty Ibadan rain subsides.

Not bad for remote general contracting from 7kmi away grin

PS: thanks to the pros who selflessly share their projects and makes it look easy.

PPS: my guy was told that someone from America is picking up this monstrous gate today or tomorrow. Obama must know angry

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by customised87: 7:24am On Sep 11, 2015
Hello house..pls can a foundation of 3bedroom house be converted to 4 bedroom bugallow?do we need to break d existing one and start d 4 bedroom afresh? Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:29am On Sep 11, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Now to fill that gate gape with a suitable gate and maybe do the foundation if the almighty Ibadan rain subsides.

PS: thanks to the pros who selflessly share their projects and makes it look easy.

PPS: my guy was told that someone from America is picking up this monstrous gate today or tomorrow. Obama must know angry
lovely gate

Your land is big oooo shocked
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 7:49am On Sep 11, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Oga, you dey fall my hand o grin Why do you need gates when you can have Rottweilers and Labradors patrolling the grounds grin
The gate is huge sha, befitting of a man of your status, do you own the two plots? Why dividing it?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 8:05am On Sep 11, 2015
EgunMogaji:

general advice get a cheap gate to start with all them trailer and mack truck do a lot of damage during construction.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abouzaid: 8:15am On Sep 11, 2015
spyder880:

Oga, you dey fall my hand o grin Why do you need gates when you can have Rottweilers and Labradors patrolling the grounds grin
The gate is huge sha, befitting of a man of your status, do you own the two plots? Why dividing it?
area boys would steal the dogs before anything else.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 9:04am On Sep 11, 2015
That's true what Madam said.. Most of these trucks will want to enter with their backs so its quite possible to damage the fine gate..

@Spyder880 The thief's in Ibadan no be here o.. They will just disperse one powdery substance into the air and even the dogs will fall asleep.. The juju na future tech..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Graceovereffort(f): 9:31am On Sep 11, 2015
mufutau55:

Yes. I think 4-6ft should do it.. enough to also accomodate future gutter.
Hajji M.
Yes. D space am concerned abt is for the gutter. thanks a great deal
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:54am On Sep 11, 2015
customised87:
Hello house..pls can a foundation of 3bedroom house be converted to 4 bedroom bugallow?do we need to break d existing one and start d 4 bedroom afresh? Thanks

It depends.

If it were me and before I start breaking the existing foundation I will have an architect look at it.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:58am On Sep 11, 2015
twinskenny:
lovely gate

Your land is big oooo shocked

Not sure about that gate, wifey and her brother likes it but i really don't as it's not inline with the modern look I'm going for.

But I'll run around on Monday to find something.

Trust me my wallet knows that land is a little big as it swallowed blocks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 11:07am On Sep 11, 2015
spyder880:

The gate is to protect the hood from me and the gang of Doberman pinchers. It's just the first level of defense and security will get more lethal as progress is made towards the house.

I divided the lots to separate the living and play areas. A physical divider.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 11:08am On Sep 11, 2015
gabbytabby:
general advice get a cheap gate to start with all them trailer and mack truck do a lot of damage during construction.

Duly noted Madam.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 11:10am On Sep 11, 2015
KolaShangOne:
That's true what Madam said.. Most of these trucks will want to enter with their backs so its quite possible to damage the fine gate..

@Spyder880 The thief's in Ibadan no be here o.. They will just disperse one powdery substance into the air and even the dogs will fall asleep.. The juju na future tech..

The dogs job is to sound an alert and give me enough time to do the "needful" wink

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 12:54pm On Sep 11, 2015
EgunMogaji:

The dogs job is to sound an alert and give me enough time to do the "needful" wink

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by NL1960: 2:23pm On Sep 11, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Haba, an Egugu like you does not need dogs and gates now. Why don't you hang that 'thing' at the front of the property so that any trespasser will just start sweeping the surrounding areas or cutting the bushes around the area. grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 2:44pm On Sep 11, 2015
NL1960:

Haba, an Egugu like you does not need dogs and gates now. Why don't you hang that 'thing' at the front of the property so that any trespasser will just start sweeping the surrounding areas or cutting the bushes around the area. grin

I'm a modern Mogaji grin

Instead of a troupe of masquerades, I have a few close friends. Smith, Wesson, Glock and Winchester.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abouzaid: 4:23pm On Sep 11, 2015
EgunMogaji:

I'm a modern Mogaji grin

Instead of a troupe of masquerades, I have a few close friends. Smith, Wesson, Glock and Winchester.
i hope you have a Nigerian police gun license for those.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 4:45pm On Sep 11, 2015
EgunMogaji:

I'm a modern Mogaji grin

That is the American way, no one Fo::::::>>>k around.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:21pm On Sep 11, 2015
EgunMogaji:

I'm a modern Mogaji grin

Say hello to my little friends.............with love from TEXAS.

They have zero tolerance to bullshits..

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 6:00pm On Sep 11, 2015
3strike:

Haba we all knew Texas as them like candy, this to much now. Abi you want go war with Ibadan Omo Oni le?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 6:18pm On Sep 11, 2015
kopell:
Haba we all knew Texas as them like candy, this to much now. Abi you want go war with Ibadan Omo Oni le?

It is better to have and not need, than to need and not have.......TGIF

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 6:27pm On Sep 11, 2015
3strike:

It is better to have and not need, than to need and not have.......TGIF
Yes Ooooo, true talk.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 6:37pm On Sep 11, 2015
abouzaid:
i hope you have a Nigerian police gun license for those.

I don't need one but thanks for watching out for a Bro grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 6:40pm On Sep 11, 2015
3strike:

Proud member of #TeamNoMercy

There's only going to be one person alive to tell the police a lullaby. Guess who? grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (3688) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.