Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,560 members, 7,827,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4423196 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (3673) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 8:43am On Sep 30, 2015
EgunMogaji:

It's funny but I didn't ask for advice but simply for the per tonne cost of laterite . And not from sellers but buyers.

Also, you really need to stop talking down to me as if I'm a numptie. In anything that I dabble in I make it my priority to become an expert in it.

At this stage of the game you know very little more than me in your industry. I know all the angles, the loopholes, the driver/suppliers scraping materials along the way, the ashewo load etc.

Supplying materials is not rocket science or brain surgery.

Weighed or unweighed, a 20 ton truck load that costs N10k is N500 per tonne. It's easy mathematics.

baba how was your trip oh!.. hope u are not missing ibadan already. regards
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:03am On Sep 30, 2015
twinskenny:

baba how was your trip oh!.. hope u are not missing ibadan already. regards

Trip was completely fruitful and rewarding. It went beyond my expectations. Made good progress on the build. Wife and Daughter had fun visiting relatives.

I'll get on the plane back tomorrow if I could but na condition make crayfish bend grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 12:04pm On Sep 30, 2015
KolaShangOne:

Going rate and cost are actually one and the same.
Egun wants to know how much 1 ton of laterite costs so that he can multiply it by 150..

@EgunMogaji contact @smiley001 for that. Sometimes one might be lucky to get excess to-be-evacuated materials from another site and you just pay for the dump truck.

Here they'll even bring it to you site for free grin

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dieumerci(m): 2:14pm On Sep 30, 2015
arabianights:

If you clearly read our chat as i would want to assume you did, then you would observe that we ended it.Have a Good day "oga"

No need for this post.

It's a faceless forum, though.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by smiley001(m): 3:00pm On Sep 30, 2015
EgunMogaji:

It's funny but I didn't ask for advice but simply for the per tonne cost of laterite . And not from sellers but buyers.

Also, you really need to stop talking down to me as if I'm a numptie. In anything that I dabble in I make it my priority to become an expert in it.

At this stage of the game you know very little more than me in your industry. I know all the angles, the loopholes, the driver/suppliers scraping materials along the way, the ashewo load etc.

Supplying materials is not rocket science or brain surgery.

Weighed or unweighed, a 20 ton truck load that costs N10k is N500 per tonne. It's easy mathematics.

Honestly sir, u didn't understand me.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 8:48pm On Sep 30, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Trip was completely fruitful and rewarding. It went beyond my expectations. Made good progress on the build. Wife and Daughter had fun visiting relatives.

I'll get on the plane back tomorrow if I could but na condition make crayfish bend grin

great we cant wait to have u back.. regards
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 4:43pm On Oct 01, 2015
This is the style/type of EWT that I wish to have.

For one to serve a single story bungalow, how much kudi should I be stashing away?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by brag3: 9:57pm On Oct 01, 2015
@KolaShangOne ,

thanks for this. I will definitely keep this mind

KolaShangOne:

Me thinks it's somehow avoidable..

1) Take ransom physical measurements. Buy a 5m tape and take physical wood measurement but Leave an allowance for human error. If you're not around, find a "Neutral" relative to do so

2) Do not pay completely up front. Hold back a certain amount and go into agreement with the supplier that you won't pay him if his wood is incomplete in size and quantity

3) Get a "Neutral" Carpenter to be paid just 2-3k for the sole purpose of identifying the type of wood

***Neutral means someone with no stake / interest in the job. If you tell ur Carpenter to verify the wood, he might tell U its bad because the supplier didn't settle him OR because he had expectations of buying wood himself and gaining about 70-100k..

**** I personally do work (supplying wood as part of them) and demand to be paid after work is done or wood has gotten to site. Some Nairalanders can testify to this. It's risky but I do it after consultations.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 6:41am On Oct 02, 2015
brag3:
@KolaShangOne ,

thanks for this. I will definitely keep this mind

You're one of the few people (after Hajj Mufutau and EgunMogaji ) to spell my name correctly

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dieumerci(m): 7:42am On Oct 02, 2015
Please, who knows the current process and requirements for obtaining a building plan approval in lagos state.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 2:43pm On Oct 02, 2015
KolaShangOne:

You're one of the few people (after Hajj Mufutau and EgunMogaji ) to spell my name correctly

Na "Agbari and Opolo" we dey use o.. we no rely on Google oh. smiley

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 2:59pm On Oct 02, 2015
mufutau55:

Na "Agbari and Opolo" we dey use o.. we no rely on Google oh. smiley

Hajji M.

Cod liver oil tinzs grin

By the way, we'res our resident landlady?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 3:01pm On Oct 02, 2015
Endless views...hope no one builds a duplex.

No decomposable vegetations were harmed in shooting this pic grin

Team #VeggiesAreYourFriendsNotCompost cheesy

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 3:34pm On Oct 02, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Cod liver oil tinzs grin
By the way, we'res our resident landlady?

You mean Madam GabbyTabby? If so, we need to call her out of human hibernation.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 3:38pm On Oct 02, 2015
EgunMogaji:
Endless views...hope no one builds a duplex.

No decomposable vegetations were harmed in shooting this pic grin

Team #VeggiesAreYourFriendsNotCompost cheesy

Nice one!

You have a task on your hand with the amount of laterite you need to fill the foundation.

I bought 48 trips of 5 tons laterite for mine at the rate of 6,000 naira per trip. 1,000 naira each for labor.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 3:41pm On Oct 02, 2015
FastShipping:

Nice one!
You have a task on your hand with the amount of laterite you need to fill the foundation.
I bought 48 trips of 5 tons laterite for mine at the rate of 6,000 naira per trip. 1,000 naira each for labor.

Yes o. That is a mighty bungalow... At least you will not be spending all the money of decking.
I was just wishing he can dump the laterite into the foundation before he left; so that by next return trip everything would have simmer down naturally without any manual intervention.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 4:02pm On Oct 02, 2015
Just paid 40k for a full load of filling sand()...not sure how many tons....

abo ki said 5k to pack each trip into the compound....

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 4:12pm On Oct 02, 2015
I need hookup with someone who can help mold interlocking stones and install....please help a brother and a rookie.

Thanks

3strikes!!!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 4:49pm On Oct 02, 2015
mufutau55:

You mean Madam GabbyTabby? If so, we need to call her out of human hibernation.

Hajji M.

Yeah.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by johnson232: 4:54pm On Oct 02, 2015
FastShipping:

Nice one!

Sir What was the measurement of your building? And depth? Eg 18m x 25m x 600mm depth.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:02pm On Oct 02, 2015
FastShipping:

Nice one!

Yep she's going to gobble up some tonnage.

I missed an excellent opportunity to do a basement but even that would cost way more.

It's only money and we can't take it with us grin

Thanks for the cost, it seems that I can get 20 tons for less in Ibadan. Laterite is N700 per tonne so far in Ibadan. Working on labor now.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:03pm On Oct 02, 2015
mufutau55:

Yes o. That is a mighty bungalow... At least you will not be spending all the money of decking.
I was just wishing he can dump the laterite into the foundation before he left; so that by next return trip everything would have simmer down naturally without any manual intervention.

Hajji M.

The pilars are being cast as I type.

Filings will go on as soon as roads are dry enough for truck to enter the site.

It will settle naturally until I go back onsite in March for German floor and as much rows of walls I can afford.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:04pm On Oct 02, 2015
3strike:
Just paid 40k for a full load of filling sand(laterite)...not sure how many tons....

abo ki said 5k to pack each trip into the compound....

Excellent, can someone help us approximate the tonnage?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:15pm On Oct 02, 2015
EgunMogaji:

not sure what the sand is called folks....I said laterite in my post. I might be wrong. pls take note.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 5:25pm On Oct 02, 2015
EgunMogaji:

That's definitely a 30 ton load on the ground you saw.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 5:27pm On Oct 02, 2015
johnson232:

Sir What was the measurement of your building? And depth? Eg 18m x 25m x 600mm depth.

66ft by 58ft.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:40pm On Oct 02, 2015
FastShipping:

That's definitely a 30 ton load on the ground you saw.

Damn that's 1,333 per ton. Shyte is cheap in Eba Odan city.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:42pm On Oct 02, 2015
On another note are there as such as private investigators in Ibadan?

I need to locate someone.

I know a first name, profession and a certain ham fisted known associate grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by johnson232: 5:52pm On Oct 02, 2015
FastShipping:

66ft by 58ft.
God bless u sir.
What about the height of the foundation before filling? & I presume the 5tons truck is the one of six tyres.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 5:57pm On Oct 02, 2015
johnson232:

God bless u sir.
What about the height of the foundation before filling? & I presume the 5tons truck is the one of six tyres.

I don't know the height but from my recollection, the foundation blocks were 5-6 layers.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 5:58pm On Oct 02, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Damn that's 1,333 per ton. Shyte is cheap in Eba Odan city.

Naaaaaaaa! You have to consider the cost of transportation.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by johnson232: 6:03pm On Oct 02, 2015
FastShipping:

I don't know the height but from my recollection, the foundation blocks were 5-6 layers.
Thanks a lot...

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (3673) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.