Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,768 members, 7,820,684 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (537) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4404052 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) ... (3669) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 3:33am On Nov 03, 2016
Where can I find this aluminium bathroom/toilet door in Lagos. And how much? Thanks.

Hajji M.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 10:23am On Nov 03, 2016
Hajji its available, cost around 45-50 now ,its made in turkey
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by true2home(m): 2:23pm On Nov 03, 2016
Hi guys,

Since i criticized the OPIC and Ogun State Gov. for not been transparent on their New Makun City allocation, its only fair that i update you on progress thus far.

I finally got an allocation letter two day ago after three months of calling and emailing and sending my agent after them in abeokuta. Thank God i paid in full; those that were paying installment are told that there is no more land and should come for refund if they are not ready to pay in full now. That wasn't the original deal!!! its so not fair to them. I told my cousin then, that its better to pay upfront. by doing so, you will have a leverage to make demands if they are not forthcoming. Now he might not get any land after tying is money down for months. I hope OPIC sticks to their promise because they are the one that proposed the installment and promised they will reserve lands for them.

Whats next? we have 18months to work on the lot, but haven't given us our survey yet. Hope that comes in on time and the building permit are process within reasonable amount of time for allotted to meet the time set out. Good luck to me and others out there that bought into the project.

Lastly, if you bought into New Makun City, please make yourself known, it will be nice to form a group for the estate and pursue common interest via the group. Peace!!!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by amanikondo: 5:10pm On Nov 03, 2016
rotecch77:

Your expertise is needed. Warm White or Cool White LED spotlights for Bedrooms and Living rooms. What is your take?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 6:08pm On Nov 03, 2016
rotecch77:

Thanks Rotecch77. The cost has gone way up... Is this available at Orile?
What are the other better options for bathroom/toilets doors that can withstand water without spending all my bank accounts? smiley
Thanks.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by oludarekehinde(m): 7:12pm On Nov 03, 2016
UPTOWN COURT Osoroko Lekki Free Trade Zone road, Ibeju-lekki
Lagos, is selling.
Just a mile from Dangote refinery
Title CofO
Price N3.5
Managed and Developed by
EUC HOMES
For Inspection call
+2348053690928
+2348065738438

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 8:15pm On Nov 03, 2016
Me I will choose warm white for sitting room and cool white for bedroom

Hajji baba, the door was 38-40k before, it much available at orile
More so i do design another aluminium fabricated door for toilet now .

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 8:51pm On Nov 03, 2016
rotecch77:
Me I will choose warm white for sitting room and cool white for bedroom
Hajji baba, the door was 38-40k before, it much available at orile
More so i do design another aluminium fabricated door for toilet now .

Thanks. You said you are going to get back to me on that your fabricated door but never did.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 9:07pm On Nov 03, 2016
Yes hajji, I have sketch the design, but not yet reach the finishing stage of the project, doors, window, tiles etc .
But we are almost there , I will post the update soon
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 9:27pm On Nov 03, 2016
rotecch77:
Yes hajji, I have sketch the design, but not yet reach the finishing stage of the project, doors, window, tiles etc .
But we are almost there , I will post the update soon

OK. Thanks as usual. Please keep me updated o.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by amanikondo: 9:39pm On Nov 03, 2016
mufutau55:

Thanks. You said you are going to get back to me on that your fabricated door but never did.

Hajji M.

grin grin grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 10:34pm On Nov 03, 2016
No problem baba agba, I will surely do that, as usual
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ibaka: 6:41pm On Nov 05, 2016
Please where can I get granite for staircase in lagos.

I do not want to use tiles.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by oselove: 6:51pm On Nov 05, 2016
Please what is the best way to approach a change of building after the foundation has been done. The structure was designed to be a 5rooms self-contains of room and parlor with kitchen and bath room. But now the plan is to convert it to 10 rooms of Room,kitchen and toilet.The initial foundation was done with 5 couches of block.

All the building guru please assist
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FreeWorld23: 10:59am On Nov 06, 2016
Good day all.
Just here to pass info to all my sure oga's that are in diaspora.

Are u aware you can now send your money to Nigeria even higher than black market rate price (460/$) shocked yes! You can now send your dollar to Nigeria at the rate of 490-500/$ with no charges and within minutes.

Yes! Its an eye opener, stop dashing agency your money u worked hard for. wink

Mind u, I ain't buying any thing from u, I am Just here to share the full info for those interested. Better people full Here.

I am a currency dealer, I know almost everything. grin tongue

Don't doubt, argue or quote me. I am 100% sure.

Hit like on this post if you want me to give you full details here on this thread. The amount of likes I get will determine if people here are ready to hear.

Happy Sunday.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EndiaSami: 1:08pm On Nov 06, 2016
ibaka:
Please where can I get granite for staircase in lagos.

I do not want to use tiles.

You can get them in Orile
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Geomartinsurvey(m): 10:42pm On Nov 06, 2016
For a genuine survey plan, contact Geomartins & Associate. 07031848986. Team of Registered Surveyors
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Geomartinsurvey(m): 10:46pm On Nov 06, 2016
]About 300K
Ensure you use a registered surveyor.

For genuine survey plan contact Geomartins & Associate on 07031848986. We are team of Registered Surveyors
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by back2sender: 12:45pm On Nov 07, 2016
Please anyone in the house that has an idea or Cost of the Following items
1.The Cost of renting a vibrato machine plus labourer operating Cost if any.
2.Cost of renting a mixer machine either 1 bag mixer or 2 bag mixer and the labour operating Cost.
3.Cost of a bag of cement in your area, i was told i could get elephant green bag cement at 2,080 as long as i buy at least 300 bags while Dangote 2150 per bag to site . Is the price falling at your end.
4. Can anyone in the house give an estimate number of cements bags that can be used for the decking with the dimension attached
Thanks

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 5:43pm On Nov 07, 2016
[size=20pt]Anyone miss pictures of chateau de Brabus yet?[/size] undecided
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by amanikondo: 11:32pm On Nov 07, 2016
3strikes:

You are not serious. grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 10:43am On Nov 08, 2016
3strikes:

my brother you now since you remind us. grin

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by NL1960: 11:16am On Nov 08, 2016
3strikes:

Yes o. Not only that one self. I dey also miss the google construction pictures. grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 1:02pm On Nov 08, 2016
Oga

Thanks for the compliment; you will also be able to build your own house by God’s grace (if you have not done so already), AMEN. For now it’s just the last leg that one is trying to wrap up.

You see the Journey in the last 18 months has been very challenging, interesting, good learning curve and I can only thank God. You know people like us don’t like noise on top kobo-kobo project, and when you look at what Otedola et all are doing, you know we are tiny when compared.

I am thinking of writing something called “Building from the diaspora”. It’s a summary of my experience so far. I have advised other friends especially from diaspora about building in Nigeria. It’s definitely not for the faint hearted. The pleasure is when it is all done, may God give us the strength, good health to enjoy what we have worked hard for and keep us away from those whose sole aim is to do evil/ cheat others using their deceptive techniques. AMEN

So far

amanikondo:

@Mavverick, I dey see your edifice as I dey pass Lekki Epe Expressway, you no go give us update for Nairaland? grin grin That thing is not for salary earner in Naira. More grease to your elbow.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 1:08pm On Nov 08, 2016
3strikes:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Give me a break, na that Buhari mud house i for like see.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by amanikondo: 2:40am On Nov 09, 2016
mavverick:
Oga

Thanks for the compliment; you will also be able to build your own house by God’s grace (if you have not done so already), AMEN. For now it’s just the last leg that one is trying to wrap up.

You see the Journey in the last 18 months has been very challenging, interesting, good learning curve and I can only thank God. You know people like us don’t like noise on top kobo-kobo project, and when you look at what Otedola et all are doing, you know we are tiny when compared.

I am thinking of writing something called “Building from the diaspora”. It’s a summary of my experience so far. I have advised other friends especially from diaspora about building in Nigeria. It’s definitely not for the faint hearted. The pleasure is when it is all done, may God give us the strength, good health to enjoy what we have worked hard for and keep us away from those whose sole aim is to do evil/ cheat others using their deceptive techniques. AMEN

So far

Wow!!! This is inspiring. I give you Beyonce hand grin grin. You have tried a lot at this stage. The finishing is superb. I am at the other side of the road to your side and 90% of the work were done by Nairalanders too. I plan to document mine too when the time comes but that will be early next year. I will connect with you for some vendors you can recommend for some tasks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 10:37am On Nov 09, 2016
Wow

Glad to know you are close by, really good to know that.
Let me know if you need anything, learnt so much that If I was ever to build another house, I expect 70% less stress and at least deliver 95% of what I actually want . I have learnt that in Nigeria, if you want them to build you a car, you need to tell them it needs 4 tyres, an engine, a wiper, a steering, bumper, ignition. Just never assume there are standards grin grin

amanikondo:

Wow!!! This is inspiring. I give you Beyonce hand grin grin. You have tried a lot at this stage. The finishing is superb. I am at the other side of the road to your side and 90% of the work were done by Nairalanders too. I plan to document mine too when the time comes but that will be early next year. I will connect with you for some vendors you can recommend for some tasks.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 10:41am On Nov 09, 2016
@Haji/3strikes/Egun

(In an American voice) What happened mehn ? Not really liked the 2 candidates, but i felt Hilary was the better of the 2 bad apples.

How could Trump get into office ?

Was it that Email Fiasco ?
Was it the lack of black votes ?
The Rust belt (Pennsylvania, Ohio, Detroit) white working class (Blue Collar workers) getting angry ?
What happened to the Latinos ? and how could Trump have won Florida. I mean this state is not Kansas or Alabama !
Or like Brexit, people secretly liked Trump but would keep quiet or pretend to be Hilary so as to be politically correct ?

I dont think he will do half of what he promised anyway, its not how it works.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 1:37pm On Nov 09, 2016
mavverick:
@Haji/3strikes/Egun

(In an American voice) What happened mehn ? Not really liked the 2 candidates, but i felt Hilary was the better of the 2 bad apples.

How could Trump get into office ?

Was it that Email Fiasco ?
Was it the lack of black votes ?
The Rust belt (Pennsylvania, Ohio, Detroit) white working class getting angry ?
What happened to the Latinos ? and how could Trump have won Florida. I mean this state is not Kansas or Alabama !
Or like Brexit, people secretly liked Trump but would keep quiet or pretend to be Hilary so as to be politically correct ?
I dont think he will do half of what he promised anyway, its not how it works.

I didn't see this post... I am not well at all. I cannot comment. I am too sick to comment.
I am not a happy-camper at all... This is not good at all.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 1:58pm On Nov 09, 2016
They have the house the senate and now the president, and they will pick Supreme Court judges, man they have everything, the damage these will do with power. This are my concern, I hope things go back the way the are in the 50's.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abdulwastecx(m): 1:58pm On Nov 09, 2016
back2sender:
Please anyone in the house that has an idea or Cost of the Following items
1.The Cost of renting a vibrato machine plus labourer operating Cost if any.
2.Cost of renting a mixer machine either 1 bag mixer or 2 bag mixer and the labour operating Cost.
3.Cost of a bag of cement in your area, i was told i could get elephant green bag cement at 2,080 as long as i buy at least 300 bags while Dangote 2150 per bag to site . Is the price falling at your end.
4. Can anyone in the house give an estimate number of cements bags that can be used for the decking with the dimension attached
Thanks

If it is a decking, the picture below can't be use to give
You will need to show us the beam layout, how deep the beams are.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 2:03pm On Nov 09, 2016
Its a tricky one, remember how Obama had the 2 houses for the first 2 years and done nothing with it. Paul Ryan didn't like Trump, hows that going to play out now that he has to work with him.

2 years is not a long time in politics, only felt like yesterday when young Obama came into office, that's 8 years ago now. In Yoruba, "Aiye n'lo, a den to "
Let small scandal happen now, which trust me there will be plenty of, before you know it, there will be mid term elections and he might not hold the 2 houses again. Obama I felt was a missed opportunity. Any legacy the guy put for ground, Trump will destroy it guaranteed !

kopell:
They have the house the senate and now the president, and they will pick Supreme Court judges, man they have everything, the damage these will do with power. This are my concern, I hope things go back the way the are in the 50's.

(1) (2) (3) ... (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) ... (3669) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: dongc(m), PrimeQuay and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.