Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,001 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:36 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (535) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4369338 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (532) (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) ... (3662) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abdulwastecx(m): 4:01pm On Oct 24, 2016
Chekitaut:
Where you don reach Bros? is visible in Ogun...

At least I don travel go all the six geopolitical zones.

Though cost of building materials may vary from state to state but the differences is always very small.

From the small experience of supervising job in the following States, FCT, kaduna, ondo, enugu, Edo, anambra, rivers, kogi etc. I can say that difference in cost is relatively small.

A unit volume of concrete of strength 1:2:4 (by weight) cost about 25-31k before the increase in price of cement.

A unit area of wall will cost between N2500 to N3300 for 9'' block across board.

All major materials are relatively similarities cost across board.

Most of the finishing materials are imported from china, things like tiles, white cement, electrical materials, roofing sheet etc.

I don't know how you will be able to build that in ogun State o

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 4:18pm On Oct 24, 2016
Chekitaut:
Where you don reach Bros? is visible in Ogun...

That is how you argued with me when I said I just spent over 9 Million naira on some aspect of my building. You ended up displaying a house you claimed was at Ikorodu that cost over 3.5 million naira. You quickly assumed I was building a 3 bedroom bungalow. Whereas, my house is 5 bedroom contemporary ranch with two master bedrooms, 3 other bathrooms, one sun room, one living room, one family room, one nook and tons of other rooms and kitchen. The house you displayed not even as big as my living room + one bathroom.

That duplex is not even possible at 30 Million three years ago in Abeokuta. I am currently building my own house in Abeokuta.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by marylandcakes: 6:43pm On Oct 24, 2016
mavverick:
Very true observation. Hot pots, soaked with water, butchering blocks, knife marks, deep scratches. Name it all. This is what can happen with a tenanted property when the tenants dont send you.

Anyone actually thought of tiles ?

I've seen tiles been used, but the only drawback is the joining lines. If not done properly doesn't look very nice. Very large tiles.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 6:52pm On Oct 24, 2016
Arnoldfish:
Hello House, A Client insisting this house be done Turnkey with 15m, My Ogas in the house, is it possible in this time of recession?
House don't let us discourage the guy. With all respect his 15m is step in the right direction, he wiill have something on ground, not just close to finish. He as to start somewhere.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by skimanski(m): 7:15pm On Oct 24, 2016
UrennaNkoli:
@ skimanski so adding finishing touches to your house can cost a lot more ?
Depends on your taste and what you want sha.
Where someone will struggle to get a sofa set for 200k, others are getting luxurious ones for 3M.

You are very correct
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by skimanski(m): 7:20pm On Oct 24, 2016
FastShipping:

That is how you argued with me when I said I just spent over 9 Million naira on some aspect of my building. You ended up displaying a house you claimed was at Ikorodu that cost over 3.5 million naira. You quickly assumed I was building a 3 bedroom bungalow. Whereas, my house is 5 bedroom contemporary ranch with two master bedrooms, 3 other bathrooms, one sun room, one living room, one family room, one nook and tons of other rooms and kitchen. The house you displayed not even as big as my living room + one bathroom.

That duplex is not even possible at 30 Million three years ago in Abeokuta. I am currently building my own house in Abeokuta.

Thank you Sir. I'm still waiting for a home owner who spent less than 30m on a 5 Bedroom Duplex that looks close to that 3D picture attached to come out. Even if na for Village. but let the person just comeout.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Onuokwu: 7:36pm On Oct 24, 2016
FastShipping:

It is not marble. Marble is marble. There is nothing like pure marble or not so pure marble.

It is either marble or not marble. "If it is not Panadol, it is not the same thing as Panadol". grin

What he displayed up there is called laminate countertop. A marble countertop cost from 450k and above.

It depends? Surface area of the countertop, thickness of the marble, Country of origin and quality of polishing are all price determinants. You can get a marble countertop for less than N450k and as high as over a N1m. It all depends on what you want.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Onuokwu: 7:54pm On Oct 24, 2016
marylandcakes:

I've seen tiles been used, but the only drawback is the joining lines. If not done properly doesn't look very nice. Very large tiles.

Using slabs is always a better and neater option.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Onuokwu: 7:57pm On Oct 24, 2016
skimanski:

Thank you Sir. I'm still waiting for a home owner who spent less than 30m on a 5 Bedroom Duplex that looks close to that 3D picture attached to come out. Even if na for Village. but let the person just comeout.

grin grin grin All na marketing gimmick.

Even the so called estate they say you can buy a duplex for N35 million, they have not looked at the state of the house they want to buy o. One of my friends is still thanking me today, 2 years after i dissuaded him from cashing in on a bargain and buying a Lekki Gardens terrace house.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by marylandcakes: 8:56pm On Oct 24, 2016
Onuokwu:

Using slabs is always a better and neater option.

What kind of slabs?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Arnoldfish(m): 11:26pm On Oct 24, 2016
FastShipping:

With mud, sand, water and bamboo roof yes.

With blocks, cement, iron rods and Gerald roof I say 40-45 million naira complete with average finishing.
thanks Chief, I dey even argue 28
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Arnoldfish(m): 11:34pm On Oct 24, 2016
Chekitaut:
7months ago is possible in Ogun state, Abeokuta precisely.
lol, that was before the recession.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AkProsper(m): 7:47am On Oct 25, 2016
Good morning all.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Benoxvals(m): 11:32am On Oct 25, 2016
@ Hajji M..
Pls could you recommend a good SUMO brand for pumping water and their prices.

Besides Amoula and Innoson pvc,which other Nigerian pvc brand would you Use for a personal house??
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 3:21pm On Oct 25, 2016
Benoxvals:
@ Hajji M..

Besides Amoula and Innoson pvc,which other Nigerian pvc brand would you Use for a personal house??

For the water pumps.. pls contact Rottech.. I have no idea

I have never used any other PVC beside Amoula and Spyder have used Innoson successfully.. apart from those I have no idea.

cc: Rotecch77

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Larwin(m): 7:17pm On Oct 25, 2016
Benoxvals:
@ Hajji M..

Try grunfos
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AZUH: 8:13am On Oct 27, 2016
Ok . I am still around " dollars is now 460 to naira, Yoruba Muslims please I need Buhari phone number ? I want to tell him what's on my mind ' 2019 is too far .

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Marpol: 8:51am On Oct 27, 2016
AZUH:
Ok . I am still around " dollars is now 460 to naira, Yoruba Muslims please I need Buhari phone number ? I want to tell him what's on my mind ' 2019 is too far .

He has ear problems. Tell us and we will explain it to him in sign language in the other room!

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Qc1(m): 9:10am On Oct 27, 2016
TouchstoneNgr:
Kitchen cabinet in lemon acyrilc laminate. #TouchstoneNg
Appliances: 90cm hub, 30cm deep fryer, 90cm hood, washing machine, microwave, 90cm built in oven.
Accessories: soft closing hinges, soft closing undermounted slides, pantry unit, magic corner.
Material: Hdf carcass and acyrilc laminate.
Counter top: 20mm black galaxy granite

I think you just won yourself a contract.
How can I reach you on whatsapp?

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by TouchstoneNgr: 8:14pm On Oct 27, 2016
Qc1:

I think you just won yourself a contract.
How can I reach you on whatsapp?

Thanks.

Thanks
Our whatsapp number 08039403620.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mayor78: 3:55am On Oct 28, 2016
Does anybody have a good idea of what the cost of these generators would be in Nigeria

The first is a 22KVA 2009 model with 1,500hours
The second in red is a 30KVA with 2,200hrs
Thx

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mayor78: 3:59am On Oct 28, 2016
More pictures of the yellow one...the inside look spotless

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 4:18am On Oct 28, 2016
Mayor78:
More pictures of the yellow one...the inside look spotless

There is a guy in property section selling refurbished diesel generators. These your generators are in 600-800k range.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by superbouck(m): 4:24am On Oct 28, 2016
pls ao much is 16mm iron rod per lenght
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 5:04am On Oct 28, 2016
FastShipping:

There is a guy in property section selling refurbished diesel generators. These your generators are in 600-800k range.
Can you please help with his moniker sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 5:37am On Oct 28, 2016
superbouck:

I bought at N3050 this week.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiez: 7:59am On Oct 28, 2016
FastShipping,

I tried to reach you via PM. Can you please PM your phone number to me? I am in the US and would like to have a discussion regarding making some purchases for an ongoing build back home.

Thanks.

FastShipping:

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 9:45am On Oct 28, 2016
kiez:
FastShipping,

I tried to reach you via PM. Can you please PM your phone number to me? I am in the US and would like to have a discussion regarding making some purchases for an ongoing build back home.

Thanks.

Send me your digits here so we chat on whatsapp.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AZUH: 11:07am On Oct 28, 2016
APC members on this forum . Please Where is agarawu , engunmojagi , mavverick and others ? Are they under investigation too ? We'll I have nothing to fear' I have same gene with fayose .
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Qc1(m): 11:54am On Oct 28, 2016
TouchstoneNgr:

Thanks
Our whatsapp number 08039403620.

whatsapp message sent.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 12:43pm On Oct 28, 2016
superbouck:
All lengths of rods should be standard 40ft, due to none monitoring of our government agency. The cut them to 38ft. Sorry I didn't pay attention to your question, anyway my answer may help others that may not know the length size. As per cost someone else may help you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olumz1: 1:07pm On Oct 28, 2016
The one I bought last week in Ibadan, was 3000 per 16mm rod & 12mm was 1700. I hope this helps.

(1) (2) (3) ... (532) (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) ... (3662) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: gbadexy(m), OnMyHonor and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.