Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,803 members, 7,827,951 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (619) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4425183 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (616) (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) (622) ... (3674) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 5:30pm On Feb 20, 2017
Wow. an eye opener.

So here is my own situation, soooort of involved in 2, one established over 5 yrs ago and the other one hmmmmn, after my build finished i met the 2 key players, but before then i knew one of the key players a year or so before.

The first one has bankers, oil workers and ur average high middle class professionals, they have an account in the name of the association, send updates on whatever is happening in the estate, have various committees, have a finance committee who regularly send out state of finance, they have millions in the bank in association money. It works out reasonably well, we get like 3/4 page reports about the last meeting which holds on sanitation days, in fact there is a whatapp group, 2 in fact. one for estate business and one for yanga, i came out of the yanga one coz it was all jokes i didn't find funny and advertisements etc from residents. It works reasonably well, and they have committees like security, power, legal, sanitation, welfare, social etc. In fact their end of year party is always good.

The other one is not an estate proper, things hardly work the main players speak a particular language that i do not understand, and there seems to be come kind of collusion going on. Some of the other none owners that happen to be same tribe as me do not want to have anything to do with the so called association which is like a group of 4 men who want to run things how they like, there is little or no corporation and they all seem to have thier own agenda. One of the 2 things i was able to force them to do is open an account in the name of the association which they didnt do, they opened it in the name of 2 of the landlords grin, and secondly have a whatsapp group so that decisions can be joint rather then 2/3 people exercising control and then coming with money demands.

Last year, there was no light for 6 months, Why ?

Because transformer blew, it took me going on ground to speak to the parties involved, get NEPA on board, speak to the stake holders and forge some kind of peace. Anyway long story. So they asked me to contribute some money, which i have no problem with but i just need to be sure that my kobokobo contribution will be used judiciously and not for personal things, so i said to them that i would like us to start keeping records and have some form of transparency & accountability, they resisted and even told me that if i was worried someone will embezzle my money, i should not donate.

Anytime I ask for accountability & transparency, there is always an argument. So i just resigned from the association. I cant be involved in something like that, and the funny thing is that these guys are lawyers/bank workers, I now told them that is that how they do in thier work place. I donated money for the transformer stuff, but after that I dunno man.

back2sender:

Bros we have a constitution now that guides the association. The first set of people elected themselves and used our money to build thier houses and buy cars join. People like us that used to sit on the fence now said it will no longer be business as USUAL, thier was push backs but we stood our ground.
Yours throughly is the financial officer and i can tell you while the Landlords are happy about it, The cabals Landlords dey try instigate a revolt amongst thier loyalist.
To lead no easy, naa here i see am.
Part of the innovation i want to bring to the table is the power Point presentation approach during meetings, secondly instead of prayers we will sing the pledge or national anthems.
In terms of numbers over 500
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 5:42pm On Feb 20, 2017
EgunMogaji:

I really like this little guy. It's actually pretty robust and can power much.

I searched and found the manufacturers site.

http://ng.sumecfirman.com/show-9-1-1.html

How much is it?

Whatsapp the authorized seller at 08033151381. It is very noisy though. He has other robust ones. Hajj gave me his info.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:48pm On Feb 20, 2017
FastShipping:

Whatsapp the authorized seller at 08033151381. It is very noisy though. He has other robust ones. Hajj gave me his info.

Cool beans, thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 6:00pm On Feb 20, 2017
Truthinlife:

Oga Hajj,
Our country don spoil finish. I contacted chudy (the authorized dealer) and he said, that generator now goes for 250k.
Count yourself lucky bro for buying it at that amount.

Oh my goodness. Na wah o. Prices of everything just going up everyday.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 6:20pm On Feb 20, 2017
dejavus:
Re: Whistle blowing, I am actually putting finishing touches to the details I have been collating regarding blowing the whistle on an ex-NNPC employee that I know, Good thing is, I will not pass the information to the government myself but rather through a proxy, I don't care if any incentives comes back to me because I can say the person to be whistle blown on is a family member so this is not a malicious effort but just angry at how everyone is complacent to this and we expect Nigeria to get better.

We all know these "Civil" servants who have multiple houses around the country with children in expensive schools abroad and even houses abroad. We all know their salaries are not adequate enough for this but no one speak about this but rather blame the government.

I just pray for Good Health for PMB to be able to better implement this initiative. Nigeria is completely rotten and no one seems to care.

PS: I don't live in naija but hope to do so full time at some point and it would be good to come back to a sane society at some point.
This is very interesting, just like family friend civil servant make just N85k monthly. These persons visit us in US during the last regime 6- 7 times yearly for 4 years straight, every time these person came around take taxi for over $200 on daily bases to get around city for shopping spending average of $600 a day. Its way so disturbing I have to stop her, visiting us anymore. I can believe since these new regime came aboard it's always complain when she call, she was not one of those big short in her ministry oh. Since this new government came in she's as not came down. Its seems something as change. Imagine what her general manager, directors, permanent secretary could be spending when the travel out of the country.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by yomalex(m): 6:35pm On Feb 20, 2017
back2sender:

Oga last page please i need your help here, IT related question.

Can i send free bulk sms through my email account? We have a meeting of our Landlords association and the names plenty to send sms to. We are trying to start up the association. The sms is to share the date n time , venue and agenda in advance.

Secondly i suggested a power Point presentation for the meeting, so that we can do something different from the norms in the area. Make it look professional and not a town market stuff.

Others in the house with informations can please help out
At your service Sir, Please check my signature for a reliable bulk sms service
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by allCopacetic: 10:06pm On Feb 20, 2017
lastpage:

You wont, EVER! grin grin grin
Never judge a man by his writings!

I still insist l could be the Mai-Guard that opens that your gate for you, day-in, day-out! grin grin grin

Not withstanding, you are one person l have done repeated business with, ....and l am glad l did. (do you want a clue? . Naaah! tongue tongue grin )

Lastpage!
Lol, never say never chief.

Thanks for the kind compliments

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 10:07pm On Feb 20, 2017
Hajj Mufutau55, EgunMogaji, Lastpage, FastShipping, erico2k2, 3strikes, NL1960, Mavverick, kopell, Empiree and others l failed to mention, it is time to go acquire this apartment in the Middle East UAE - Dubai, it cost 30 Million Dollars / apartment, l watched it on the link below, it was fantastic it is mere 30 Million Dollars x 520 (black market rate ) = 1.56 Billion Naira. grin grin cool

Rotating skyscrapper

http://www.thenational.ae/uae/dubai-in-line-for-worlds-first-rotating-skyscraper

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Empiree: 10:17pm On Feb 20, 2017
AngelicBeing:
Hajj Mufutau55, EgunMogaji, Lastpage, FastShipping, erico2k2, 3strikes, NL1960, Mavverick, kopell, Empire.e and others l failed to mention, it is time to go acquire this apartment in the Middle East UAE - Dubai, it cost 30 Million Dollars / apartment, l watched it on the link below, it was fantastic it is mere 30 Million Dollars x 520 (black market rate ) = 1.56 Billion Naira. grin grin cool

Rotating skyscrapper

http://www.thenational.ae/uae/dubai-in-line-for-worlds-first-rotating-skyscraper
Lord have mercy. This is no no for me. This one na over sabi techno. I wanna sleep in peace grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 10:18pm On Feb 20, 2017
Empiree:
Lord have mercy. This is no no for me. This one na over sabi techno. I wanna sleep in peace grin
@spyder880 and other Engineers in the house, l dont mind to see buildings like this in my life time executed by our Engineers or they partner with westerners to construct feat like this grin grin cheesy
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 10:26pm On Feb 20, 2017
AngelicBeing:
Hajj Mufutau55, EgunMogaji, Lastpage, FastShipping, erico2k2, 3strikes, NL1960, Mavverick, kopell, Empiree and others l failed to mention, it is time to go acquire this apartment in the Middle East UAE - Dubai, it cost 30 Million Dollars / apartment, l watched it on the link below, it was fantastic it is mere 30 Million Dollars x 520 (black market rate ) = 1.56 Billion Naira. grin grin cool

Rotating skyscrapper

Please dont include me on that list! I cant afford it. undecided

I did not loot when l was young, did not at middle-age and wont/cant start now that l am looking at retirement around the corner!

All these "over-the-top" things do not fit into my life-style.
I dont want nor pray to be very rich ........l just want to be comfortable enough such that l can afford whatever my heart desires, and my heart does not desire anything glamorous that three square meals and a Volkswagen Beetle to boot!
grin grin grin

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 10:29pm On Feb 20, 2017
lastpage:

I did not loot when l was young, did not at middle-age and wont/cant start now that l am looking at retirement around the corner!

I dont want nor pray to be very rich ........l just want to be comfortable enough such that l can afford whatever my heart desires, and my heart does not desire anything glamorous that three square meals and a Volkswagen Beetle to boot!
grin grin grin

Lastpage!
Hahahaha grin grin grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Empiree: 10:29pm On Feb 20, 2017
lastpage:

Please dont include me on that list!

All these "over-the-top" things do not fit into my lifr-style.
grin grin grin

Lastpage!
you dont want to go to bed dizzy, wake up dizzy, eat in dizziness and suffer dizziness grin grin grin

Abeg, dont place old folks in these buildings. Be sure you have ambulance in each room if you do cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:37pm On Feb 20, 2017
AngelicBeing:

Rotating skyscrapper

Me wey I no even build duplex because of fear of height shocked

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 10:37pm On Feb 20, 2017
Empiree:
you dont want to go to bed dizzy, wake up dizzy, eat in dizziness and suffer dizziness grin grin grin

Abeg, dont place old folks in these buildings. Be sure you have ambulance in each room if you do cheesy grin
l think health & safety must have been taken into cognizance in the overall construction or else they wouldn't just come up with construction like this that will endanger people, and secondly, top-notch construction giants are all involved in the execution of this project, just like the Burj Khalifa which is still standing today in the gulf and attracts Millions of dollars in tourism to the government of the UAE cool
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 10:40pm On Feb 20, 2017
EgunMogaji:

You are just like me, l am scared of height, if l have my way, l wont even travel by plane, l am height & flight phobia but l got no choice than to fly since that is the most convenient & faster way to travel overseas, whenever l am in the plane, l pratically hold my heart, l dont like flying or high rise stuff grin grin grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Empiree: 11:32pm On Feb 20, 2017
EgunMogaji:

grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Empiree: 11:36pm On Feb 20, 2017
AngelicBeing:
l think health & safety must have been taken into cognizance in the overall construction or else they wouldn't just come up with construction like this that will endanger people, and secondly, top-notch construction giants are all involved in the execution of this project, just like the Burj Khalifa which is still standing today in the gulf and attracts Millions of dollars in tourism to the government of the UAE cool
Absolutely. They wouldn't attempt this scary designs outside of what you just said. However, the way the thing dey rotate dey scare the heck out of me shocked shocked . Just image i be on top floor loke kpata kpata?. Chaeeii, the dream i go dream go resemble dracula grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 12:09am On Feb 21, 2017
AngelicBeing:

Rotating skyscrapper

I beg. many of us here are working class people with our kobo kobo project that take us couple of years to get to the stage they are. Na only Naija people they load those kind of money in bank and bury some of them in their houses without job or any business

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 12:58am On Feb 21, 2017
AngelicBeing:

Rotating skyscrapper

Holy Jesus of Nazareth.
If I have that kind money to live in those monster towers, I go build 50 bungalows in every corners of Naija including villages. Even if I have the money, I will never buy or live in such high-riser that I can't look from my windows. I no sabi that o.

Hajji M.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 1:16am On Feb 21, 2017
Empiree:

Vertigo sickness come to mind... come ask me about it o.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 5:50am On Feb 21, 2017
AngelicBeing:
@spyder880 and other Engineers in the house, l dont mind to see buildings like this in my life time executed by our Engineers or they partner with westerners to construct feat like this grin grin cheesy

We shall get there one day, even if it takes a century grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 6:35am On Feb 21, 2017
Rubyventures:

These fabricated steel doors , what do they look like?

Am sure you might not like the crude technology they are made from, old methods of doing work necessitated by the Nigerian condition.......

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 6:42am On Feb 21, 2017
But I know you will love the product, I have these local doors fabricated on site during one project. I had to specify the thickness of the flat sheet we used at every step, I went to the market with the welder and bought them materials. He swore to me he could make bullet proof doors locally if we pay the right amount.

These doors shown are not bullet proof, N38k for double and N22k for single (2016 prices) cheesy

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 6:44am On Feb 21, 2017
And this is imported, internal door.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by NL1960: 9:05am On Feb 21, 2017
lastpage:

grin grin grin
Lastpage!

I heard that there is now a 'law to punish somebody that include a person in a category he does not belong to'. It seems that law has to be tested on you first for including me in a category i do not belong to or would not even dream of belonging to. cheesy grin. Even if i dream say i enter that category, when i wake up, i will just rush to the hospital to quickly treat malaria and typhoid. grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by desiji: 1:37pm On Feb 21, 2017
We need to start discussing about alternative energy and how it can be cost effective than this Generators, Thinking about Solar array or a solar farm with the other Landlords a Solar farm would be ideal

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jaylomsEng: 1:40pm On Feb 21, 2017
At Jayloms engineering, we offer diverse range of technical commercial flooring services such as: Entrance ramps, machine base/platform coverings, hazardous / safety area markings, crack repairs, surface cleaning, flakes coating, glitter coating, 3D-logo flooring etc.

Call: +234[09030305518]
Email: jayloms.engserv@hotmail.com

Customer satisfaction is our motivation
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 1:51pm On Feb 21, 2017
desiji:
We need to start discussing about alternative energy and how it can be cost effective than this Generators, Thinking about Solar array or a solar farm with the other Landlords a Solar farm would be ideal

I stated this before as it made sense but I was shouted down to stop my Americana ideas and that naija people no dey cooperate grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by igwedehxy: 2:09pm On Feb 21, 2017
Pls somebody should help me out oo.... The omo Nile in my area said I should pay 100,000 to them for roofing a 2flat of 3 bedroom. Pls is this not too much. And if it is what should I do. Answer needed ASAP
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 2:28pm On Feb 21, 2017
igwedehxy:
Pls somebody should help me out oo.... The omo Nile in my area said I should pay 100,000 to them for roofing a 2flat of 3 bedroom. Pls is this not too much. And if it is what should I do. Answer needed ASAP
where is you location, find out if those new laws that was just put in place to take care of those issues. Test the law, take advantage of it.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 2:43pm On Feb 21, 2017
desiji:
I believe this is what we should be talking about

(1) (2) (3) ... (616) (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) (622) ... (3674) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: twinskenny(m), Amosaloud(m), jimzy4u(m), kelvin1191(m), nurd(m), djaybaba and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.