Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,275 members, 7,815,457 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (622) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4384705 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (619) (620) (621) (622) (623) (624) (625) ... (3666) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Qc1(m): 9:06pm On Feb 22, 2017
earthrealm:

whats the name of that rubber mat, and where can one get such?..whats the cost too.
though am wondering if one put the nylon/tarp thing during the foundation stages, if it makes any sense putting this one again

It's called Bitumil ( popularly known as contar) it's the same material you use on your roof or concrete ceiling to stop leakage. The only difference is this is specifically made to stop underground water to submerged. It's rubber that can be burn into liquid.

I bought this from Idumagbo Avenue in Lagos island it's about N11, 500 per roll of 10 msq. You also need to buy the primer for about N9k per box.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Qc1(m): 9:09pm On Feb 22, 2017
desiji:
It is called velt i wanted to use it on top of my tank stand it is use with a blow touch to stick it to the ground

You're right sir!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:22pm On Feb 22, 2017
desiji:
It is called velt i wanted to use it on top of my tank stand it is use with a blow touch to stick it to the ground

Bitumen Felt not velt

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by desiji: 9:43pm On Feb 22, 2017
segzy14:

Bitumen Felt not velt
German

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Empiree: 10:51pm On Feb 22, 2017
Qc1:

Yes ooooo

After spending tens of millions to correct the mess the so-called builder made. Anyway, to God be the Glory.

The picture below was just 3 days old.
Like this structure
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Empiree: 10:53pm On Feb 22, 2017
FastShipping:
Ladies and Gentlemen, I saw Trumpcoat handle on this thread today. Is someone else operating with that handle?
Yoruba go tell you now that he's "AKUDAYA" grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 11:24pm On Feb 22, 2017
Qc1:

Really? And I thought dude was too expensive. BTW, that also includes 3 balconies rails. I will upload pictures when he install the glass tomorrow by God's grace.

Yes, not bad. We will be on the lookout for the pictures.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 11:37pm On Feb 22, 2017
blowedfish:

Hajji Mufutau,
I am one of your "coded" followers on here, I have read almost all your construction topics and contributions.
I want to ask for your insight on roofing estimates of a 40 x 40 house; framework and roofing sheets.
Does the roofing sheet company provide carpentry work or that is the client's (roofing sheet buyer) headache.
Please, pardon my ignorance.

I think I overlooked this... sorry.
You have to get a carpenter that will give you estimate of the wood needed and buy the wood; the carpenter will then do the wood carcass for you. Same carpenter may be able to give you the square meter of aluminium sheets covering and other accessories to cover the wood.
There is charges for wood carcass by the carpenter and charges for the aluminium covering also by the carpenter.

So you have this:
1. Cost of Wood
2. Cost of Carpenter for wood carcass
3. Cost of Aluminium sheet Coverings
4. Cost of Carpenter for Aluminium covering

Note: Tell them to do the ceiling nogging of 2x2ft at the same time they are doing the wood carcass.

But you can get person like @Princejones who can give you the cost for everything and do all the job.
Muyesky house was esxactly the same size of 40x40ft, so you can look thru his thread to see the quantity of materials he used, but remember the cost will not be the same as cost of everything has gone up since his thread.

See the link to the thread below:
https://www.nairaland.com/1208866/building-3-bedroom-bungalow-apocalypse

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by blowedfish: 4:43am On Feb 23, 2017
Thank you for your time and input Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by trumpcoat(m): 7:07am On Feb 23, 2017
Good day to all friends and fans of trumpcoat paint this is to inform you that trumpcoat paint is still much alive I mean in operation,for all your interior and exterior painting,wallpaper, screeding and pop,epoxy flooring and paint and all forms of decorative paint .message by Wife Mrs samuel OGUNSANYA thanks for your love and support all the way.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 7:38am On Feb 23, 2017
Both of mine are not in a proper estate and no accountability takes plave so I just stay on the sideline and watch drama. I no want undue stress.

My tenant wahala is enough. Just yesterday without informing me some of them made alternative doorlock for the pedestrian entrance gate. I decided to let this slide and ask for my key they refused apparently they only installed a 6 keys lock in a 7 flat compound and the organiser feels because he does not owe rent that it entitles him to lock me in and out of the compound.

Was the lock necessary absolutely not as the gate came with 5 pre installed lock points that was never used. All they needed was 1 or 2 or up to 5 padlocks to secure the gate.

mavverick:
Wow. an eye opener.

So here is my own situation, soooort of involved in 2, one established over 5 yrs ago and the other one hmmmmn, after my build finished i met the 2 key players, but before then i knew one of the key players a year or so before.

The first one has bankers, oil workers and ur average high middle class professionals, they have an account in the name of the association, send updates on whatever is happening in the estate, have various committees, have a finance committee who regularly send out state of finance, they have millions in the bank in association money. It works out reasonably well, we get like 3/4 page reports about the last meeting which holds on sanitation days, in fact there is a whatapp group, 2 in fact. one for estate business and one for yanga, i came out of the yanga one coz it was all jokes i didn't find funny and advertisements etc from residents. It works reasonably well, and they have committees like security, power, legal, sanitation, welfare, social etc. In fact their end of year party is always good.

The other one is not an estate proper, things hardly work the main players speak a particular language that i do not understand, and there seems to be come kind of collusion going on. Some of the other none owners that happen to be same tribe as me do not want to have anything to do with the so called association which is like a group of 4 men who want to run things how they like, there is little or no corporation and they all seem to have thier own agenda. One of the 2 things i was able to force them to do is open an account in the name of the association which they didnt do, they opened it in the name of 2 of the landlords grin, and secondly have a whatsapp group so that decisions can be joint rather then 2/3 people exercising control and then coming with money demands.

Last year, there was no light for 6 months, Why ?

Because transformer blew, it took me going on ground to speak to the parties involved, get NEPA on board, speak to the stake holders and forge some kind of peace. Anyway long story. So they asked me to contribute some money, which i have no problem with but i just need to be sure that my kobokobo contribution will be used judiciously and not for personal things, so i said to them that i would like us to start keeping records and have some form of transparency & accountability, they resisted and even told me that if i was worried someone will embezzle my money, i should not donate.

Anytime I ask for accountability & transparency, there is always an argument. So i just resigned from the association. I cant be involved in something like that, and the funny thing is that these guys are lawyers/bank workers, I now told them that is that how they do in thier work place. I donated money for the transformer stuff, but after that I dunno man.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by NL1960: 8:51am On Feb 23, 2017
Qc1:

Really? And I thought dude was too expensive. BTW, that also includes 3 balconies rails. I will upload pictures when he install the glass tomorrow by God's grace.

Was this price given this year or was it given last year when things have not that gone off the roof. Iam presently with a quote of 25k per meter for stainless steel staircase railings. @Hajji, do you have any ideal on current price.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mexxy1(m): 9:00am On Feb 23, 2017
trumpcoat:
Good day to all friends and fans of trumpcoat paint this is to inform you that trumpcoat paint is still much alive I mean in operation,for all your interior and exterior painting,wallpaper, screeding and pop,epoxy flooring and paint and all forms of decorative paint .message by Wife Mrs samuel OGUNSANYA thanks for your love and support all the way.

You're welcome. Nice of you. I'm the one that called you from Port Harcourt last week.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 10:46am On Feb 23, 2017
Hmmmmmn Madam Na Wah oooo

gabbytabby:
Both of mine are not in a proper estate and no accountability takes place so I just stay on the sideline and watch drama. I no want undue stress.

So you mean you pay them security dues and you are happy for them to use your money to chop fish or buy jeeps ? What does staying on the sideline mean madam (payment or no payment), if i may ask.

In as much as nobody likes wahala, I feel its good to also draw a line between what is acceptable and what is not, what is always wrong with some people, things they know are utterly wrong, yet they still feel its right to do it. If thats how they have no accountability at work, next thing thier work will drag them to ALAGBON in ikoyi there. Why is it that some feel they can take advantage of others ?

As for your tenants, I think someone needs to read the riot act to them before they take complete control.

gabbytabby:
Both of mine are not in a proper estate and no accountability takes plave so I just stay on the sideline and watch drama. I no want undue stress.

My tenant wahala is enough. Just yesterday without informing me some of them made alternative doorlock for the pedestrian entrance gate. I decided to let this slide and ask for my key they refused apparently they only installed a 6 keys lock in a 7 flat compound and the organiser feels because he does not owe rent that it entitles him to lock me in and out of the compound.

Was the lock necessary absolutely not as the gate came with 5 pre installed lock points that was never used. All they needed was 1 or 2 or up to 5 padlocks to secure the gate.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Qc1(m): 2:02pm On Feb 23, 2017
mufutau55:

Hajji M.

Hmmm....

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Qc1(m): 2:03pm On Feb 23, 2017
mufutau55:

Hajji M.

Here is it.....

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Qc1(m): 2:05pm On Feb 23, 2017
The frosted glass balcony

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by choclatoria(f): 2:31pm On Feb 23, 2017
Contact 08137676551 for your general furnishing .

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chidexy(m): 2:58pm On Feb 23, 2017
hi guys,

could anyone please help me out with the current prices of plastic water storage tanks. From 2k liters upwards for various brands.

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bereiweris(m): 3:01pm On Feb 23, 2017
Please ogas in the house does any one has an idea about building plan registration in port harcourt. any info on etche Lga abt this wud b much appreciated tnx
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 3:33pm On Feb 23, 2017
So Trumpcoat is not dead? I saw him log on now 0.....abi my eye dey deceive me? What is going on? ...................This thread is beginning to scare me o. #ghostzone?

mufutau55:

Good info. But the Legendary Mr. Trumpcoat who happens to be a friend has been dead for over one year now. The family did not want it broadcasted then.
But Gbadexy is still here and have been supplying a lot of Nairalanders including myself.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 3:56pm On Feb 23, 2017
3strikes:
So Trumpcoat is not dead? I saw him log on now 0.....abi my eye dey deceive me? What is going on? ...................This thread is beginning to scare me o. #ghostzone?

It's Mrs. Trumpcoat that is carrying on the biz.

trumpcoat:

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dejavus: 3:58pm On Feb 23, 2017
Now that the exchange rate is dropping like a bag of lead, I wonder how long it will take for the prices of building materials to come down. But Nigeria, prices of commodities only goes one way....UP!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 3:59pm On Feb 23, 2017
3strikes:

3strikes cool down read thread well well step by step. E b like say as far as you are concerned, if the gist no be fraud case, the gist no worth reading.

Ok you are joking sha. You just dey pull our legs.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 4:01pm On Feb 23, 2017
dejavus:
Now that the exchange rate is dropping like a bag of lead, I wonder how long it will take for the prices of building materials to come down. But Nigeria, prices of commodities only goes one way....UP!

Cement did go down a bit last year I think.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 4:19pm On Feb 23, 2017
Thanks Egun....I missed that part. Noted!

EgunMogaji:

It's Mrs. Trumpcoat that is carrying on the biz.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 4:21pm On Feb 23, 2017
chidexy:
hi guys,

could anyone please help me out with the current prices of plastic water storage tanks. From 2k liters upwards for various brands.

Thanks

i price 2k litter now 49k for geepee

i do hope is geepee though rubber not plastic.. they said they have plastic for 38k
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 4:22pm On Feb 23, 2017
Sometimes it is very hard to keep up with this thread. I missed that part.

No pun intended folks. @ Mrs Trumpcoat my apologies and please accept my condolence.

3strikes!

diordaves:

3strikes cool down read thread well well step by step. E b like say as far as you are concerned, if the gist no be fraud case, the gist no worth reading.

Ok you are joking sha. You just dey pull our legs.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 4:28pm On Feb 23, 2017
3strikes:
Thanks Egun....I missed that part. Noted!

We're each others eye's, ear's and noses grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Empiree: 6:13pm On Feb 23, 2017
dejavus:
how much is official and black market rates as of present?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dejavus: 6:15pm On Feb 23, 2017
EgunMogaji:

We're each others eyes, ears, noses and throat grin

Why didn't you add throat.. make we know we are all ENT consultants.

I have help you to amend your original quote.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Empiree: 6:52pm On Feb 23, 2017
Brothers, a landlord just murdered his tenant in the Bronx USA last night at 6:30 over unpaid 9 months rent. Learned that landlord actually have took him to court for eviction but the case stalled and had called police for tenant on several occasions for tenant's nuisance. Guy, watch your temper against deadbeats.

(1) (2) (3) ... (619) (620) (621) (622) (623) (624) (625) ... (3666) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.