Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,861 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:10 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (735) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4369104 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (732) (733) (734) (735) (736) (737) (738) ... (3662) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 2:00pm On Jul 18, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Keep fooling yourself.

Many cities have ordinances that require fire sprinkler systems.
FOR HOUSE?
YOU ARE COMPLETELY IGNORANT
STOP LYING NOW
HOW MANY HOME HAVE YOU BOUGHT AND HAD CITY INSPECTION FOR THE LAST FIVE YEAR
i HAVE DONE LOT OF CONSTRUCTION FOR THE LAST FIVE YEAR BUT I AM NOT A BUILDER HERE

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jul 18, 2017
GoodFaith:

FOR HOUSE?
YOU ARE COMPLETELY IGNORANT
STOP LYING NOW
HOW MANY HOME HAVE YOU BOUGHT AND HAD CITY INSPECTION FOR THE LAST FIVE YEAR
i HAVE DONE LOT OF CONSTRUCTION FOR THE LAST FIVE YEAR BUT I AM NOT A BUILDER HERE

You're a troll and unworthy of correcting.

Wallow away in your uneducated state of mind grin

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 2:08pm On Jul 18, 2017
EgunMogaji:

You're a troll and unworthy of correcting.

Wallow away in your uneducated state of mind grin
UNEDUCATED REALLY KID
SHOW PEOPLE HERE U ARE A BIG GUN
YOU ARE VERY IGNORANT
I HAD OVER 10 DEALING WITH CITY INSPECTORS KID
YOUR LITTLE IGNORANT MIND WILL NOT LET YOU GROW KID

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 2:10pm On Jul 18, 2017
GoodFaith:

Lot of house? have sprinkler system-- Misinformation
Really Please HOMES?
0ne out of 30,000
sprinkler system for lawns? --Yes
In the UK its not a requirement, if you check that tower that got Burnt in Chelsea has no sprinkler, however in some states in the US its mandatory, it was written into law in those states, you can check, they are even listed to boost the sale values of the said houses.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 2:12pm On Jul 18, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Erico, I'm Ijebu man now, from Ijebu Ode proper.

Forget sweeping. Shebi na house wey you see na him you go sweep? grin

"You no see gate? Which gate? This one for front of this house. You dey craze, where you see house talk less of gate"

Na so the thieves go argue with each othertill OPC come carry dem comot grin
ahahaha,nah him make I must come there with non alcoholic Hennessy to meet Hajji

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 2:12pm On Jul 18, 2017
erico2k2:

In the UK its not a requirement, if you check that tower that got Burnt in Chelsea has no sprinkler, however in some states in the US its mandatory, it was written into law in those states, you can check, they are even listed to boost the sale values of the said houses.
YOU ARE VERY CORRECT
LET THE KID TRY TO SCHOOL ME BUT I KNOW BETTER
US AND CANADA
I HAVE HAD LOT OF DEALING WITH CITIES INSPECTORS
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jul 18, 2017
erico2k2:

grin

I don't know why some of these asshats behave as if their internet surfing is limited to Nairaland.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 2:17pm On Jul 18, 2017
EgunMogaji:

grin

I don't know why some of these asshats behave as if their internet surfing is limited to Nairaland.

U ACTING LIKE ONE
I AM DOING WHAT I GET PAID TO DO
PLAY WITH TECH

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jul 18, 2017
For the more astute readers of this thread who might be curious, fire sprinklers system are required statewide in many states and cities.

Required, not an option.

" California
Effective January 1, 2011, the California Building Standards Commission approved the State Fire Marshal's Building, Fire and Residential Code adoption packages for the 2010 California Building Standards Codes, including its requirements for residential fire sprinklers in all new one-and two-family dwellings and townhome construction statewide. More about fire sprinkler codes in California."

http://www.firesprinklerinitiative.org/legislation/sprinkler-requirements-by-state.aspx

Scottsdale, Arizona has been requiring sprinklers since 1986:

"No statewide requirement for home fire sprinklers in one- and two-family homes. No new local jurisdictions may adopt sprinkler ordinance due to legislative action. Exempt from this law are cities like Scottsdale, which has an ordinance to sprinkler its new homes that went into effect in 1986."

There has to be over 150,000 homes in that city grin

The house that I live in now was built in the early 70's and has sprinklers, even in the garage.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 2:28pm On Jul 18, 2017
LET ME TELL YOU WHAT IS A MUST IN MOST STATE
SMOKE DETECTOR IF THE HOUSE IS INSPECTED
IF IT IS A RENTED PROPERTY-- SMOKE DETECTOR IN EACH ROOM CITIES BY LAW
NOT RENTED PROPERTY ONE IN EACH FLOOR
SOME CITIES WANT YOU TO HAVE carbon detector CITIES BY LAW
I AM NOT HERE TO TELL YOU I KNOW IT ALL
BUT I HAVE PLAY HIDE AND SEEK FROM CITIES INSPECTOR
I DON'T WANT THEIR PROBLEM

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 2:30pm On Jul 18, 2017
GoodFaith:
LET ME TELL YOU WHAT IS A MUST IN MOST STATE
SMOKE DETECTOR IF THE HOUSE IS INSPECTED
IF IT IS A RENTED PROPERTY-- SMOKE DETECTOR IN EACH ROOM
NOT RENTED PROPERTY ONE IN EACH FLOOR
SOME CITIES WANT YOU TO HAVE carbon detector

Bro when you said most states,could you kindly name such states?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 2:35pm On Jul 18, 2017
erico2k2:

MIDWEST
WHAT YOU HAVE ARE CITIES INSPECTORS
CITIES ENFORCE THIS LAWS
THERE ARE STATE LAW
MY BROTHER GOT SMART TELLING CITY INSPECTOR HE MET ALL CONDITIONS
GUESS WHAT STATE LAW WAS USED
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 2:42pm On Jul 18, 2017
GoodFaith:

MIDWEST
WHAT YOU HAVE ARE CITIES INSPECTORS
CITIES ENFORCE THIS LAWS
THERE ARE STATE LAW
MY BROTHER GOT SMART TELLING CITY INSPECTOR HE MET ALL CONDITIONS
GUESS WHAT STATE LAW WAS USED
But I read somewhere California,Maryland and Washington DC made it mandatory??
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 2:44pm On Jul 18, 2017
erico2k2:

But I read somewhere California,Maryland and Washington DC made it mandatory??
SORRY MY BROTHER'S HOUSE IN MARYLAND DOESN'T HAVE SPRINKLER SYSTEM
HOUSES I VISITED IN WASHINGTON dc DOESN'T HAVE SPRINKLER SYSTEM
A CITIES INSPECTED A RENTER PROPERTY LAST YEAR THIS YEAR THEY WANT CARBON DETECTOR INSTALLED
IF YOU BUILDING A HOUSE THE PEOPLE YOU DEAL WITH IS THE CITY AND THEIR CRAZY INSPECTORS
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 2:48pm On Jul 18, 2017
GoodFaith:

SORRY MY BROTHER'S HOUSE IN MARYLAND DOESN'T HAVE SPRINKLER SYSTEM
HOUSES I VISITED IN WASHINGTON dc DOESN'T HAVE SPRINKLER SYSTEM
A CITIES INSPECTED A RENTER PROPERTY LAST YEAR THIS YEAR THEY WANT CARBON DETECTOR INSTALLED
IF YOU BUILDING A HOUSE THE PEOPLE YOU DEAL WITH IS THE CITY AND THEIR CRAZY INSPECTORS
DO you know when these houses where built?are they not more than 7 years old ?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 2:49pm On Jul 18, 2017
IN BIG COMPLEX SPRINKLER SYSTEM IS NEEDED
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 2:51pm On Jul 18, 2017
erico2k2:

DO you know when these houses where built?are they not more than 30 years??
I THINK SOME OF THE HOUSE ARE OVER 30
BUT IN MY AREA I HAVE VISITED NEW HOUSES --YOU DON'T NEED SPRINKLER SYSTEM
IF YOU HAVE MONEY YOU CAN INSTALL ONE
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 2:55pm On Jul 18, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Keep fooling yourself.

Many cities have ordinances that require fire sprinkler systems.

I AM NOT TALK FROM BOOK BUT EXPERIENCE
FOR PERSONAL HOUSES?
STOP LYING KID
YOU ARE THE FOOL-- HAVE U HAD ANY DEALING WITH CITY INSPECTOR?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 2:56pm On Jul 18, 2017
GoodFaith:

I THINK SOME OF THE HOUSE ARE OVER 30
BUT IN MY AREA I HAVE VISITED NEW HOUSES --YOU DON'T NEED SPRINKLER SYSTEM
IF YOU HAVE MONEY YOU CAN INSTALL ONE
That was what I thought.In Carli Effective January 1, 2011, the California Building Standards Commission approved the State Fire Marshal's Building, Fire and Residential Code adoption packages for the 2010 California Building Standards Codes, including its requirements for residential fire sprinklers in all new one-and two-family dwellings and townhome construction statewide.
This is true for the three states I listed,
I think this would have to do with Wild fires,I dunno.
Dont forget,Im quoting from the state law, so definitely if you dont have this no building approval for your plan and build.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 2:58pm On Jul 18, 2017
GoodFaith:

FOR PERSONAL HOUSES?
STOP LYING KID
Bro take it easy, no need for name callings, the law is ther black and white, try and read it,
I dont live in the US but I managed to catch a page that suggest you are in the wrong here, some states do mandate people to have it in residential homes.
Some local councils are now installing these in high rise residential buildings in the Uk as we speak cos of that fire in west London that killed 87 people.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 3:01pm On Jul 18, 2017
erico2k2:

That was what I thought.In Carli Effective January 1, 2011, the California Building Standards Commission approved the State Fire Marshal's Building, Fire and Residential Code adoption packages for the 2010 California Building Standards Codes, including its requirements for residential fire sprinklers in all new one-and two-family dwellings and townhome construction statewide.
This is true for the three states I listed,
I think this would have to do with Wild fires,I dunno.
Dont forget,Im quoting from the state law, so definitely if you dont have this no building approval for your plan and build.

YES, I AM NOT TELLING YOU I KNOW IT ALL
IF PEOPLE SAY MOST HOUSES HAVE SPRINKLER SYSTEM THAT IS IN CORRECT STATEMENT
LIKE I TOLD YOU THE CITY I HAD THE MOST DEALING WITH DIDN'T HAVE BYLAW FOR CARBON DETECTOR BUT TODAY
IF THE CITY INSPECTOR COME OUT TO RENTER PROPERTY YOU MUST HAVE CARBON DETECTOR IN THE PROPERTY
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 3:04pm On Jul 18, 2017
GoodFaith:

YES, I AM NOT TELLING YOU I KNOW IT ALL
IF PEOPLE SAY MOST HOUSES HAVE SPRINKLER SYSTEM THAT IS IN CORRECT STATEMENT
LIKE I TOLD YOU THE CITY I HAD THE MOST DEALING WITH DIDN'T HAVE BYLAW FOR CARBON DETECTOR BUT TODAY
IF THE CITY INSPECTOR COME OUT TO RENTER PROPERTY YOU MUST HAVE CARBON DETECTOR IN THE PROPERTY
Noted,but I think very soon, the rest of the US states will adopt this, cos as things stand the UK is trying to make sure all councils have this in thier build.But the Uk are more into that Mist system .
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 3:04pm On Jul 18, 2017
"all new one-and two-family dwellings and townhome construction statewide."
IT DIDN'T SAY SINGLE FAMILY HOUSE
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 3:05pm On Jul 18, 2017
erico2k2:

Noted,but I think very soon, the rest of the US states will adopt this, cos as things stand the UK is trying to make sure all councils have this in thier build.But the Uk are more into that Mist system .

I TOLD YOU I HATE CITY INSPECTOR BRO
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 3:10pm On Jul 18, 2017
GoodFaith:

I TOLD YOU I HATE CITY INSPECTOR BRO
same here but they are like bad flee, we cnt do nothing bout them.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jabolo(m): 3:20pm On Jul 18, 2017
44chux:

In Nigeria, RCD or ELCB is an unusual electrical luxury for a rented apartment and mine was no exception.
Twinskenny and co can confirm this.

Explains a lot of things. This is a 'luxury' that protects lives/properties, even your tenant's.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ice4u999(m): 3:24pm On Jul 18, 2017
GoodFaith:

I AM NOT TALK FROM BOOK BUT EXPERIENCE
FOR PERSONAL HOUSES?
STOP LYING KID

You finally put him in his place. Drink on me. Na walk pass I dey before they go come together suspend my account again lol

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 3:45pm On Jul 18, 2017
GoodFaith:
"all new one-and two-family dwellings and townhome construction statewide."
IT DIDN'T SAY SINGLE FAMILY HOUSE
Bro one family dwellings is that not same as one family house?
one and two family dwellings does that not mean one and two family house??
or the yankee English dey confuse me here? shocked shocked shocked
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jul 18, 2017
erico2k2:

Smoke detectors are actually required in all residential buildings in ALL states of the US.

Insurance companies go further to require that at least one per certain square feet has to be wired.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jul 18, 2017
erico2k2:

Bro one family dwellings is that not same as one family house?
one and two family dwellings does that not mean one and two family house??
or the yankee English dey confuse me here? shocked shocked shocked

No confusion.

It simply translates to single and multi family homes.

So one separate home or two homes joined together, what we call a duplex here.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 44chux(m): 5:08pm On Jul 18, 2017
@GoodFaith
It's rude to type in all caps.
It's like shouting and screaming at the top of your voice.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 5:14pm On Jul 18, 2017
44chux:
@GoodFaith
It's rude to type in all caps.
It's like shouting and screaming at the top of your voice.
Agreed with your comment
I have no intent to be rude but go read all his comment
he just didn't want to hear any view different from his view
he was right out disrespectful
upset

(1) (2) (3) ... (732) (733) (734) (735) (736) (737) (738) ... (3662) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: gbadexy(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.