Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,560 members, 7,955,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:23 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (738) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4713327 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (735) (736) (737) (738) (739) (740) (741) ... (3755) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 6:37pm On Jul 21, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Me: Okay, good, carry on.
Me: (returning days later) Chief, I thought we agreed that only straight lines and squares.
Artisan: This is not a circle Sir, it's oblong
Me: fainting on the floor. grin

That is real Oblong o... depends on how you look at it... Lie down and look up... smiley
Naija artisan go kill persin with laugh.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 44chux(m): 7:03pm On Jul 21, 2017
EgunMogaji:

That one is not my house but similar design. My apartment garage is attached.

Me: Chief, please notice that in my entire site, you will not find any round shape, everything is square

Artisan: Yes, I noticed that.

Me: Okay so don't throw in any design that has circles, round, etc everything should be square, straight lines

Artisan: No problem Sir. I did one for one Chief like this in Abuja.

Me: Okay, good, carry on.

Me: (returning days later) Chief, I thought we agreed that only straight lines and squares.

Artisan: This is not a circle Sir, it's oblong

Me: fainting on the floor.

grin

No kill me with laughter.

On a serious note an unsupervised artisan can put one in trouble.
My plumber took out 3 load bearing columns with a hammar simply cause he wanted to bury waste water pipes. I had to recertify the building structurally fit all over again.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 12:09am On Jul 22, 2017
kenazuu:
any suggestion for the kind of door that is best for Ante to living room( 4ft wooden door with glass design preferably )

I had a choice of two types of door to use from my Anteroom to the Livingroom, but I defaulted to the wooden type with glass around N65k (may be more now). Mine was 4ft door with tinted see thru but dark glasses.

The second type cost N130k because it's more like a security door, as long as you already have a good Turkey/Iron/Steel doors for the main entrance you will not need this... I used this door from my Dinning area to the inside bedrooms and to the staircase as another layer of security door.
This door is really good, the person inside will be able to see those that are outside, but the people outside will not be able to see the person inside. I bought this Made in Korea door from Ekwe18, it's heavy Steel with heavy glass. I didn't use this for the anteroom because of the cost and because I already used a heavy Turkey door on the Main entrance. But if you can afford this, it's good for another level of security.

See pictures below...

Hajji M.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dandeedadrunk(m): 10:23am On Jul 22, 2017
I had a choice of two types of door to use from my Anteroom to the Livingroom, but I defaulted to the wooden type with glass around N65k (may be more now). Mine was 4ft door with tinted see thru but dark glasses.

The second type cost N130k because it's more like a security door, as long as you already have a good Turkey/Iron/Steel doors for the main entrance you will not need this... I used this door from my Dinning area to the inside bedrooms and to the staircase as another layer of security door.
This door is really good, the person inside will be able to see those that are outside, but the people outside will not be able to see the person inside. I bought this Made in Korea door from Ekwe18, it's heavy Steel with heavy glass. I didn't use this for the anteroom because of the cost and because I already used a heavy Turkey door on the Main entrance. But if you can afford this, it's good for another level of security.

See pictures below...

Hajji M.

[/quote]
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dandeedadrunk(m): 10:39am On Jul 22, 2017
mufutau55:

See pictures below...

Hajji M.

Good morning Sir. Pls give me your whatsapp number. Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by johnson232: 11:04am On Jul 22, 2017
House i need your advise on this...
I want to buy a land for my mom & it is urgent sale, so she won't be around physically to sign, i want to know if signing on her behalf have any implication or disadvantages. Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 3:18pm On Jul 22, 2017
Dandeedadrunk:

Good morning Sir. Pls give me your whatsapp number. Thanks

This forum will kill me if I publicly leave my number here o. smiley
So please leave your email address or your Whatsapp number and I will get in touch with you. Thx.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 44chux(m): 3:23pm On Jul 22, 2017
johnson232:
I want to buy a land for my mom & it is urgent sale, so she won't be around physically to sign, i want to know if signing on her behalf have any implication or disadvantages. Thanks.
Yes you can sign but you need to state ur signing on behalf of someone else. It's not mandatory to type as it can be hand written.
Alternatively you make counterpart copies that can br signed separately
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dandeedadrunk(m): 3:45pm On Jul 22, 2017
mufutau55:

So please keave your email address or your Whatsapp number and I will get in touch with you. Thx.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by johnson232: 4:06pm On Jul 22, 2017
44chux:

Yes you can sign but you need to state ur signing on behalf of someone else. It's not mandatory to type as it can be hand written.
Alternatively you make counterpart copies that can br signed separately
Thanks alot...i so much appreciate
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kenazuu(m): 4:21pm On Jul 22, 2017
mufutau55:

See pictures below...

Hajji M.

Thank you boss. Lovely doors. I used turkey door as you mentioned earlier for the entrance.

I saw the second door at Ibadan and was given 110k just last week but I am thinking of wood like the first pics. Though the steel glass door make sense but having two security door from entrance to ante does not make sense for me. Can you pls send me the contact of the person that made the wooden door or you bought already made.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 5:24pm On Jul 22, 2017
kenazuu:

Thank you boss. Lovely doors. I used turkey door as you mentioned earlier for the entrance.

I saw the second door at Ibadan and was given 110k just last week but I am thinking of wood like the first pics. Though the steel glass door make sense but having two security door from entrance to ante does not make sense for me. Can you pls send me the contact of the person that made the wooden door or you bought already made.

Someone by name of Sova made mine, but he is not here anymore... but the guy I posted his sample above "Touchstonengr" also made fantastic French doors. He is also here on Nairaland.
Contact him here: https://www.nairaland.com/2179929/kitchen-cabinets-wardrobes-doors-touchstone/1

I looked for good Chinese French door like the above but I did not find any, more reason I chose the custom made one.
Same reason of not using two security doors is why I did not use the steel glass door I used for the Dinning to Bedrooms area.. too many security doors that will not make any sense.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jul 22, 2017
mufutau55:

Someone by name of Sova made mine, but he is not here anymore... but the guy I posted his sample above "Touchstonengr" also made fantastic French doors. He is also here on Nairaland.
Contact him here: https://www.nairaland.com/2179929/kitchen-cabinets-wardrobes-doors-touchstone/1

I looked for good Chinese French door like the above but I did not find any, more reason I chose the custom made one.
Same reason of not using two security doors is why I did not use the steel glass door I used for the Dinning to Bedrooms area.. too many security doors that will not make any sense.

Hajji M.

Currently debating this issue of single vs double security doors. Cost is dictating buying only one so far but which location should it go to?

But in any case, we must thank God for his blessings that this is the worst of our issues today, a decision on how many doors to buy cool

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 6:23pm On Jul 22, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Currently debating this issue of single vs double security doors. Cost is dictating buying only one so far but which location should it go to?
But in any case, we must thank God for his blessings that this is the worst of our issues today, a decision on how many doors to buy cool

Yes Sir. You have to see the wing span of the door if it will open nicely to decide on double or single span..
I think anything like 5-6ft like you have in the plan should be double wings.. Even the 4ft doors are good with double leaves.
Just put security doors in only strategic locations as they are not cheap... we just pray we don't have "those visitors".
Yes o, we that God if the number of doors to install is our problems but not the fund for it.

For that your porch.. I will have two. Good Turkey on the outside and that middle can have that Steel Glass Security door (in A3 area) I explained above because of the A2 area visibility.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ekwe18(m): 6:40pm On Jul 22, 2017
kenazuu:

Am available for ready made.
More pictures available
08037956267 whatsapp

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ekwe18(m): 6:43pm On Jul 22, 2017
kenazuu:

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ekwe18(m): 6:46pm On Jul 22, 2017
kenazuu:

Also, Extra height security doors, extra height Wooden doors, extra height Wooden doors with glass, extra height luxury security doors are all available.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 6:58pm On Jul 22, 2017
ekwe18:

Also, Extra height security doors, extra height Wooden doors, extra height Wooden doors with glass, extra height luxury security doors are all available.

Very good with the above doors you posted... Wish you had those then. How much is the white one above in 4ft? Thx.
Its good to always doing business with you.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kenazuu(m): 8:02pm On Jul 22, 2017
ekwe18:

Beautiful. Pls inbox price for the 4ft to 08032322058
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jul 22, 2017
kenazuu:

Beautiful. Pls inbox price for the 4ft to 08032322058

Oga Kenazuu, congratulations, I heard that ICast is doing some roads in our area there.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kenazuu(m): 8:16pm On Jul 22, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Oga Kenazuu, congratulations, I heard that ICast is doing some roads in our area there.

So I heard. I sold that place. Now at Ajila not far from there. Elebu neighborhood

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by maingain(m): 2:15pm On Jul 23, 2017
mufutau55:

So please keave your email address or your Whatsapp number and I will get in touch with you. Thx.

Hajji M.

May I have your email contact sir, dear honourable Hajj: maingain@gmail.com
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 2:33pm On Jul 23, 2017
Am I allowed to advertise here?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jul 23, 2017
Timtol:

"Note: Please no products or services advertisements... there are plenty of other threads for that already"

Not directly, like some asshat roof dimwit does.

But you can certainly guide us when your product is appropriate to the current conversation.

You should also have a thread that shows your work and then link it in your signature.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 5:11pm On Jul 23, 2017
EgunMogaji:

"Note: Please no products or services advertisements... there are plenty of other threads for that already"

Not directly, like some asshat roof dimwit does.

But you can certainly guide us when your product is appropriate to the current conversation.

You should also have a thread that shows your work and then link it in your signature.
Ok. I have 3threads already.
Noted.
Thanks!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 7:51pm On Jul 23, 2017
maingain:

May I have your email contact sir, dear honourable Hajj: maingain@gmail.com

Done Sir.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 12:15am On Jul 24, 2017
I keep asking myself to what benefit do you keep multiple IDs and since when did NL make certain persons as SONL(standard organisation of nairaland)!!!!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aventures(m): 12:55pm On Jul 24, 2017
johnson232:
You can buy in your name and sign and then do a deed of gift to transfer the land to your mum, that is if you are buying it with your hone money oo and not hers
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 44chux(m): 1:32pm On Jul 24, 2017
Timtol:
Thank you for being considerate enough to ask first.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 44chux(m): 1:35pm On Jul 24, 2017
SONL(standard organisation of nairaland)?
Interesting!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 1:46pm On Jul 24, 2017
mufutau55:

Please find out very well before you buy o. Don't turn your that your beautiful house into firewood because of 300k (700k-400k=300k).
Just an advise o. I have no idea about that brand of wires o.

Hajji M.

Thanks Bro

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jul 24, 2017
44chux:

Thank you for being considerate enough to ask first.

In fact, it's very impressive. If he's this way in business he'll be very successful.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (735) (736) (737) (738) (739) (740) (741) ... (3755) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.