Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:32 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (826) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4369834 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (823) (824) (825) (826) (827) (828) (829) ... (3662) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 2:50pm On Dec 12, 2017
Timtol:
Hello house...have any been able to view d 3d...pls kindly identify...i mean for d 4bedroom duplex....

next move is 5bedroom mansion on 60/60.
you wonder how?
d preview:large garage at d ground level,sitout,balanced visitor sitting room with toilet,guest room ensuit....to the first floor...main lounge with sitout,dining,kitchen,store,sitout,bedroom 2ensuit,...to the second floor,selve yard,master bedroom sitout open to d approach,walk in closet,tub,shower,wc,bedroom 3 ensuit,bedroom 4 ensuit,washing and drying laundry....should b out b4 or btwn tuesday n wednesday...EXTERNAL DIMENSION: 11.325M BY 10.5M
NOTE: ALL ROOM ENSUIT AND CROSS VENTILATED.

IT'S LESS TO D 4bedroom duplex sef in dimension
GOOD EVENING AND HAPPY SUNDAY

now ready
5bedroom mansion

5BEDROOM MANSION
ECONOMIZING IN THE USE OF SHED ROOF
EXTERNAL DIMENSION:11.325M BY 10.5M
60/60FT
FEATURES:

GROUND FLOOR

GARAGE,
SITOUT,
ANTEROOM,
VISITOR WC,
GUEST ROOM/WC,
STAIRWAY.

FIRST FLOOR

MAIN LOUNGE,
SITOUT,
DINING,
SITOUT,
KITCHEN,
PANTRY,
BEDROOM 2/WC,

SECOND FLOOR

LOBBY,
SELVE,
LAUNDRY,
MASTER BEDROOM,
WIC/WC/SITOUT,
BEDROOM 3/WC,
BEDROOM 4/WC.

ALL ROOM ENSUIT AND CROSS VENTILATED.
HALF PLOT REQUIRED
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 4:12pm On Dec 12, 2017
Click to see d 5bedroom mansion on half plot

https://www.nairaland.com/do_share?session=EA7BEF37FE5176369E3C3D63683C75FC5B8C53A2F170B864B0E1DA1CEFEE86FC&post=63217658&redirect=%2F3916073%2Fcornerstone-contemporary-design%2F7%2363217658
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 5:35pm On Dec 12, 2017
Timtol:
Click to see d 5bedroom mansion on half plot
https://www.nairaland.com/do_share?session=EA7BEF37FE5176369E3C3D63683C75FC5B8C53A2F170B864B0E1DA1CEFEE86FC&post=63217658&redirect=%2F3916073%2Fcornerstone-contemporary-design%2F7%2363217658

Oga mi. Please stop bombarding this thread with all your architectural designs, info and comments. (They are becoming advertisements)
If people are not visiting your thread, this is not how to do it. Thank you.

Hajji M.

10 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by allCopacetic: 7:25pm On Dec 12, 2017
Farm1:
I am just wondering what the 1.5 . Single wire green (earth) wire needed for? To earth the lighting points or what?

Its a cost-saving measure.

From the colour distribution he DEFINITELY intends to:

Use 1.5mm green for earthing the 2.5mm circuits ( as opposed to 2.5mm green)

And 2.5mm green for earthing the 4mm ( as opposed to 4mm green)

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by meohio7777: 9:22pm On Dec 12, 2017
Good evening Team, I got this quotation to Fence my 2 plots of lands both on different location. The sizes are both 120 X 60 each.

FENCE( 2 PLOT OF PROPERTY AT 120 X 60 Each)
BLOCK...............2500 PSC BLOCKS 9 INCH (N180)...N450,000
GRANITES.............30 TONS..................................N110,000
SHARP SAND...........30 TONS................................N70,000
SOFT SAND............30 TONS................................N95,000
CEMENTS............150 BAGS X N2600..................N390,000

COVERT BY GATE ENTERANCE
GRANITES...........10 TONS...........................N35,000
SHARP SAND.........10 TONS...........................N20,000
CEMENTS.....20 BAGS X N2600..........................N52,000
SHARP SAND 5 TONS...................................N20,000
WORKMANSHIP..........................................N250,000
IRON BENDER & PLANKS & WORKMANSHIP......15MM IRON....N187,500
TOTAL................................................N1.679,500
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 10:19pm On Dec 12, 2017
mufutau55:

Oga mi. Please stop bombarding this thread with all your architectural designs, info and comments. (They are becoming advertisements)
If people are not visiting your thread, this is not how to do it. Thank you.

Hajji M.
lol...no sir tho i get ur point
plus not dat pple don't visit,daily pple visit threads oo...just creativity buh getting out of hand now as advertisement now...tnx boss noted!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 10:34pm On Dec 12, 2017
Timtol:

lol...no sir tho i get ur point
plus not dat pple don't visit,daily pple visit threads oo...just creativity buh getting out of hand now as advertisement now...tnx boss noted!

Thank you. I visit there too... especially when you have a new design. We are all cool. smiley

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 11:54pm On Dec 12, 2017
mufutau55:

Thank you. I visit there too... especially when you have a new design. We are all cool. smiley

Hajji M.
wow! oga nla u r wlc
really appreciated oo...you've seen d approach of d 5bedroom mansion?
coming are two proposed building...will update there not here
a million tnx boss
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by alstacs(m): 3:34am On Dec 13, 2017
Timtol:

wow! oga nla u r wlc
really appreciated oo...you've seen d approach of d 5bedroom mansion?
coming are two proposed building...will update there not here
a million tnx boss

I have been hearing the word Mansion on properties session and I may be able to get an answer.
Please, what is a mansion?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 6:12am On Dec 13, 2017
alstacs:

I have been hearing the word Mansion on properties session and I may be able to get an answer.
A massive House with large grounds that has a single occupancy of one family. grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Daboomb: 6:58am On Dec 13, 2017
rotecch77:
Go to Owode onirin or Orile bus stop iron mkt you will get it there....if you are in lagos.

KingMicky3286:

Maybe on NewsDroop dot com check it.

Thank you Sirs, for your prompt response. kiss kiss
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Daboomb: 7:08am On Dec 13, 2017
KingMicky3286:

Maybe on NewsDroop dot com check it.

I have checked this website and it is all about news and Current affairs!
Nothing about Buying and Selling
Maybe l am not good at it but could you please drop a "direct link" to the aproduct/ctuall seller there, for clicking-onwards.

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aventures(m): 4:08pm On Dec 13, 2017
meohio7777:
Good evening Team, I got this quotation to Fence my 2 plots of lands both on different location. The sizes are both 120 X 60 each.

FENCE( 2 PLOT OF PROPERTY AT 120 X 60 Each)
BLOCK...............2500 PSC BLOCKS 9 INCH (N180)...N450,000
GRANITES.............30 TONS..................................N110,000
SHARP SAND...........30 TONS................................N70,000
SOFT SAND............30 TONS................................N95,000
CEMENTS............150 BAGS X N2600..................N390,000

COVERT BY GATE ENTERANCE
GRANITES...........10 TONS...........................N35,000
SHARP SAND.........10 TONS...........................N20,000
CEMENTS.....20 BAGS X N2600..........................N52,000
SHARP SAND 5 TONS...................................N20,000
WORKMANSHIP..........................................N250,000
IRON BENDER & PLANKS & WORKMANSHIP......15MM IRON....N187,500
TOTAL................................................N1.679,500
I want to believe your builder is targeting 12 courses of blocks and the is solid ground, based on this I give my comment: The Block qty is OK, Cement is qty is high a bit, sharp sand 70k while soft sand 90k why not go for 2 sharp sand and safe 20k, granite price is OK if the site is closer to quarry otherwise, don't expect real 30 tons, Labour is fair but should be negotiable it can still go down well, if u have good 30 tons of granite there is no need buying granite for culvert, 20 bags of cement is much for culvert may be 15, the iron bender, planks and carpentry is shrouded ask for breakdown. After this pruning you can bring the total cost down reasonably but if you are engaging a builder remember to pay him his supervision. Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by meohio7777: 4:43pm On Dec 13, 2017
Both Sites are in around Bogije Ibeju Lekki area. Thanks for your comment and response to my post. I appreciate it a great deal and would work on this as advice. Btw. Do you have an idea how much is charged Psm for Cement screeding?
Aventures:
I want to believe your builder is targeting 12 courses of blocks and the is solid ground, based on this I give my comment: The Block qty is OK, Cement is qty is high a bit, sharp sand 70k while soft sand 90k why not go for 2 sharp sand and safe 20k, granite price is OK if the site is closer to quarry otherwise, don't expect real 30 tons, Labour is fair but should be negotiable it can still go down well, if u have good 30 tons of granite there is no need buying granite for culvert, 20 bags of cement is much for culvert may be 15, the iron bender, planks and carpentry is shrouded ask for breakdown. After this pruning you can bring the total cost down reasonably but if you are engaging a builder remember to pay him his supervision. Good luck.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by nicemuyoo: 4:50pm On Dec 13, 2017
Hello House,
Pls I need honest opinion on plastering of two buildings
1. 4 3 bedroom flat all ensuite
2. 4 1 bedroom flat all ensuite .
Below is the break down labour charge for plastering and bricklayer . N1.470M for total plastering. I fell it's a bit on high side

QUOTE for plastering
(1)-Inner Big house each flat =#150,000.
(2) All outside of big house = #150,000
(3) Decking in big house =#50,000 each flat.
SMALL building,:
(1)-Inner wall=#40,000 each flat.
(2) All outside wall 4smallags house=#120,000
(3)Decking small house= #25,000 each flat.
TOTAL N1,470,000
Total Cement 551 Bags
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by nicemuyoo: 5:24pm On Dec 13, 2017
Hello House,
Pls I need honest opinion on plastering of two buildings
1. 4 3 bedroom flat all ensuite 
2. 4 1 bedroom flat all ensuite .
Below is the break down labour charge for plastering and bricklayer . N1.470M for total plastering. I fell it's a bit on high side

QUOTE for plastering 
(1)-Inner Big house each flat =#150,000.
(2) All outside of big house = #150,000
(3) Decking in big house =#50,000 each flat. 
SMALL building,:
(1)-Inner wall=#40,000 each flat.
(2) All outside wall 4smallags house=#120,000
(3)Decking small house= #25,000 each flat. 
TOTAL N1,470,000 
Total Cement 551 Bags

mufutau55:
Off-Topic Thread - To Discuss Anything and Everything that doesn't fit into an individual thread.
Let's discuss everything pertaining to Building Constructions, Real estate and some more.

Note: Please no products or services advertisements... there are plenty of other threads for that already.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 6:41pm On Dec 13, 2017
alstacs:

lol....well, no wahala
the short term for d definition of mansion is "a large welling house" or i get another lecturer here?
lol...teach me oo

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 6:42pm On Dec 13, 2017
erico2k2:

A massive House with large grounds that has a single occupancy of one family. grin grin
lol boss...love dat oo

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 7:26pm On Dec 13, 2017
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:28pm On Dec 13, 2017
Timtol:
https://www.nairaland.com/do_share?session=EA7BEF37FE5176369E3C3D63683C75FC5B8C53A2F170B864B0E1DA1CEFEE86FC&redirect=%2F4001979%2Fall-need-start-building-housebuild%2F5%2363255638&post=63255638

You have been warned several times and still you are repeating it again. You need to be banned.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 9:02pm On Dec 13, 2017
segzy14:

You have been warned several times and still you are repeating it again. You need to be banned.
lol...no p
no vex ooo oga nla
i still dey lower anyway,tnx and noted
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by passe(m): 12:17am On Dec 14, 2017
Timtol:
https://www.nairaland.com/do_share?session=EA7BEF37FE5176369E3C3D63683C75FC5B8C53A2F170B864B0E1DA1CEFEE86FC&redirect=%2F4001979%2Fall-need-start-building-housebuild%2F5%2363255638&post=63255638

Don't you think your inability to obey simple laid down rules in this forum tells a lot about the kind of services you will eventually offer to your "supposedly"potential clients? Several people have warned you at various times,yet you still exhibit this unwarranted attitude. Please do note that many people may not say anything about your behaviour here but you have however lost most of them,as a result of your persistent non-compliance of a simple rule.

You can't give what you don't have anyway.

Regards

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 12:27am On Dec 14, 2017
passe:

Don't you think your inability to obey simple laid down rules in this forum tells a lot about the kind of services you will eventually offer to your "supposedly"potential clients? Several people have warned you at various times,yet you still exhibit this unwarranted attitude. Please do note that many people may not say anything about your behaviour here but you have however lost most of them,as a result of your persistent non-compliance of a simple rule.

You can't give what you don't have anyway.

Regards

lol,tnx for d strong word,i can feel it anyway. Am here to learn,no problem...tnx for d correction over n over yielding to all...really appreciated
d last line shouldn't b tho just note sir,i concur
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 1:22am On Dec 14, 2017
G'MORNING,
to u all,i pledge my 101% apology for being seemingly hard and which i me i know am not but this tells the other side,for me repeating this shouldn't be at all,am very very sorry,"a guilty heart should know there is an hurting whole and a guiltless mind should know that there is a glittering heart".
IF I STAND TO BE MYSELF THEN THIS SHOULDN'T BE DONE BY ME COS MY "FATHER" NOT HEAVENLY NEVER TAUGHT ME HOW TO BE DISOBEDIENT BUT I STILL DISCOVER THERE ARE TRICKS I THINK AM USING IN MY EYES....
I CONSIDER THIS ALL AND OVER AND OVER,YOU ALL WORTH THE APOLOGY....

NOW,TO SHOW YOUR ACT OF TOTAL FORGIVENESS AND LOOK OVER YOU NEED TO BALANCE THINGS UP WITH ME....I HAVE ATTENDED TO A LOT AND LOT OF WORKS AND CLIENT ALL OVER NIGERIA AND BEYOND AND HAVE WONDERED HOW SOME OF THEM GO DEEP IN GETTING THEIR CONFIDENCE IN MY SERVICE WITH PERFECT ASSURANCE,IT WILL BE BAD OF ME TO BE HARD HEARTED N NEVER YIELDING.
THE IMAGE SHOULDN'T BE TARNISHED AND FOR THE TARNISHED PART,I PRAY FOR QUICK RECOVERY.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 1:30am On Dec 14, 2017
Pls kindly reply me on this: any advice for your boy?
tnx to the DARCHIPLAN,we've been for a y,SPATIAKRUX,and a close with IHEBROOKE(being a y we chatted sef) among others...appreciated d DARCHIPLAN'S ADVICE...don't worry sir the work will b great,tnx gan bro
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Daboomb: 7:52am On Dec 14, 2017
segzy14:

I agree with you on that.
He has "apologized" more than ten times and each time, he will go ahead and repeat the same thing he is apologizing over.
Smart, right?
angry angry

He thinks it is "smartness" he is playing when in actual fact, people are looking at him and seeing DESPERATION writtne all over him.
undecided undecided

When you are too desperate, people are just very wary of you and wont trust you with their money.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by meohio7777: 8:10am On Dec 14, 2017
GM @Aventure The builder just confirmed to me this morning that the quotations is for each land. Its a 120 x 60 land and yes 12 Courses. Do you think the Fence quotation is on a high? Please advice.
Aventures:
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:55am On Dec 14, 2017
Timtol:
G'MORNING,
to u all,i pledge my 101% apology for being seemingly hard and which i me i know am not but this tells the other side,for me repeating this shouldn't be at all,am very very sorry,"a guilty heart should know there is an hurting whole and a guiltless mind should know that there is a glittering heart".
IF I STAND TO BE MYSELF THEN THIS SHOULDN'T BE DONE BY ME COS MY "FATHER" NOT HEAVENLY NEVER TAUGHT ME HOW TO BE DISOBEDIENT BUT I STILL DISCOVER THERE ARE TRICKS I THINK AM USING IN MY EYES....
I CONSIDER THIS ALL AND OVER AND OVER,YOU ALL WORTH THE APOLOGY....

NOW,TO SHOW YOUR ACT OF TOTAL FORGIVENESS AND LOOK OVER YOU NEED TO BALANCE THINGS UP WITH ME....I HAVE ATTENDED TO A LOT AND LOT OF WORKS AND CLIENT ALL OVER NIGERIA AND BEYOND AND HAVE WONDERED HOW SOME OF THEM GO DEEP IN GETTING THEIR CONFIDENCE IN MY SERVICE WITH PERFECT ASSURANCE,IT WILL BE BAD OF ME TO BE HARD HEARTED N NEVER YIELDING.
THE IMAGE SHOULDN'T BE TARNISHED AND FOR THE TARNISHED PART,I PRAY FOR QUICK RECOVERY.

You have apologized again, the next time you try posting here again, I will personally report you to the mod.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 9:21am On Dec 14, 2017
segzy14:

You have apologized again, the next time you try posting here again, I will personally report you to the mod.
lol...haha u this bro sef..no p sha
who is mod by d way if imay ask?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 9:34am On Dec 14, 2017
Daboomb:

I agree with you on that.
He has "apologized" more than ten times and each time, he will go ahead and repeat the same thing he is apologizing over.
Smart, right?
angry angry

He thinks it is "smartness" he is playing when in actual fact, people are looking at him and seeing DESPERATION writtne all over him.
undecided undecided

When you are too desperate, people are just very wary of you and wont trust you with their money.
lol...i understand the idiom..."apologizing more than 10times"
lol...desperation wetin? d days of desperation days are far gone,not me,never...anything it reads abeg leap over dat hurdle...abt money i have nothing to steal...I shouldn't speak much but kindly allow me.
IF I DARE TAKE ANOTHER PERSON'S MONEY HOW,WILL MY MIND BE AT PEACE WITH GOD?
BY GRACE AND SPIRIT HELPING I CAN'T AND NEVER STEAL,DUPE ANYBODY IF ONLY CHIRIST'S SEED IS UPROOTED...I,WON'T MENTION D CLIENT NAME HERE ON NAIRALAND, JUST CONCLUDED THE LAGOS PROJECT(ALL FILES AND THE STRUCTURAL DOCUMENTS STAMPED AND THE ARCHITECTURAL DOCUMENTS GETTING STAMPED,SOON,I,NEVER ASK FOR MONEY AFTER WE CONCLUDED ON PAYMENT MONTHS BACK,HE EVEN ASK THE PAYMENT AND BALANCE,HE DID WHICH I NEVER TALKED ABT,HE SAW THE TRANSPARENCY HIMSELF...ONE CHATTED ME AND SAID WHAT HE WANT WITH FULL ASSURANCE AND CONFIDENCE HE RELATE WITH ME...FOR THOSE HAVING DOUBT IN ME PLS U CAN STAY AWAY BUT I HAVE NO TO DUPE AND IF I DARE DO THAT ALL MY LABOUR IN CHRIST IS VAIN AND LOST...PPLE ARE GETTING TO KW MY DENOMINATION BUY ANYWAY CHURCH NEVER CARRY ANYBODY TO HEAVEN...ONLY UR HOLY LIVIN... BUT IN AS MUCH MY CLOSE RELATIONSHIP WITH THE GOD OF TRUTH AND TRANSPARENCY IS WITH,HIM AND I,ABIDE WITH HIM I,HAVE NOTHING TO TROUBLED MYSELF OF...NOT OF,MONEY AT ALL AT ALL....NEVER DESPERATE BRO
TNX ALL AND OTHERS WILLING TO SAY THEIR MINDS ARE ALL WELCOME...REAL CHANGE IN SKY AND VERY CLEAR...TNX DABOOMB

(1) (2) (3) ... (823) (824) (825) (826) (827) (828) (829) ... (3662) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: VanuatuWycombe, Danieljobb(m), inze(m), Zzyzxt(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.