Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,858 members, 7,813,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:52 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (830) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4379991 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (827) (828) (829) (830) (831) (832) (833) ... (3665) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 10:57am On Dec 25, 2017
Memejem:
Stop annoying people this Christmas Day �

Take out some time and proofread before hitting the submit button. Or type in your native language.

I’m suspecting you

suspecting like?
wat r u saying...maybe u clarify
too busy for this pls
thanks a lot,will check back later sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 11:03am On Dec 25, 2017
Aventures:
please beware of 419 and kidnappers. A NLder has fallen a victim before. He traveled by air to east only to discover it was 419 scam thanks to God it was not a kidnapping issue. please ask question and get the person identity revealed.

tnx a lot...all ur words r noted.
I HAVE HIS CONTACT AND ALSO DARCHIPLAN
I WILL ASK MORE QUESTIONS SIR...REALLY APPRECIATED
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 11:13am On Dec 25, 2017
Merry Christmas To Everybody In The House

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 11:16am On Dec 25, 2017
topsy23:
Merry Christmas To Everybody In The House
same to u sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 11:22am On Dec 25, 2017
Aventures:
please beware of kidnappers and 419. It has happened to a renowned builder here, he spent his money to travel by air only to discover it was a scam, thank God it was not a kidnapping issue. please ask a lot of question, let him revealed his identity and his genuine intention. You can initiate a design deal with just survey plan and let him know that the foundation may be subjected to review prior to construction after visiting the site and proper investigation is done. Ihebrooke is bases in east and he has done several design for many NLders without visiting there and some of is has executed his design successfully.
tnx sir.
ALL APPRECIATED.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 12:20pm On Dec 25, 2017
Dremca:
If possible demand for official documents like CofO, Survey plan, driver's license/International passport and video call. Verify the documents and ensure you're dealing with a genuine client. It should a standard for top contractors.

Documents can all be verifiable and genuine and if the client has bad intentions then you're lost in oblivion.
Always ensure you inform at least 2 persons if you must move outside your location giving all relevant data of supposedly client.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 12:35pm On Dec 25, 2017
Timtol:

i thank GOD this is coming at d very best time to add to my understanding.
PRAISE BE HIS NAME.
Was in a program yesterday and always busy as i use to wen a man called which never disclose his country in fact never ready to say his name.
He mobbed trying to introduce zigzagly,with wisdom GOD help me around dat.
HE SAID HE IS NOT IN THE COUNTRY BUT WILL BE BACK SOON,ASKING AND LOOKING FOR A CONTRACTOR WHICH AM WORKING TOWARDS NOT WILLING TO PUT MYSELF ONLY INTO THIS...I LATER ASK WHERE D PLOT IS AND HE SAID "ABIA"
FOR ME TO TRAVEL FROM MY LOCATION TO ABIA IS TOO FAR PLUS MY PADI(STRUCTURAL ENGR) WHICH IS IN LAGOS TO BE THERE TOGETHER IS TOO FAR.
I finally ask some other questions,d man now can feel straight in telling me his name but never tell d country he his cos i don't need to ask or was wat i did wrong?
ENLIGHTEN me.
PRESENTLY PLANNING TO CALL HIM WHEN AM LESS BUSY TO IRON THINGS OUT BETTER.

kindly share your minds with your experiences in such issues.

Do not let over anxiety rob you just because you get called with a foreign number.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 1:19pm On Dec 25, 2017
mufutau55:
If you have sent me a WhatsApp message and you are expecting a reply from me.... sorry for none reply!
I have just upgraded my phone to Samsung Note8, and I thought that it's a matter of simply copying my old folders from the old phone to the new phones and input my phone number and everything will be dandy in the new phone... sorry NOT.
I have been frustrated trying to get all my chats from 2014 back into the new phone but no luck and WhatsApp has been disabled in the old phone.
Luckily I have all my 40,000 pics and contacts all saved but the chats are gone for now...
So if anyone has a suggestion to remedy my problem, I will surely appre4ciate it. If not, I will just be starting a new chat database with the new phone.
Thank you.

Hajji M.
Sorry to hear that you lose some of chart conversation far back 2014. Why did you put yourself in situation like that, when you may as well give both phone to one of your IT guy in office to take care of it. Or could it be some privacy concern is why you choose not to used that avenue available to you. lol 40k pictures no be joke sha. I' ve not seen that request of what we discussed yesterday, I hope you did not forget.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 1:25pm On Dec 25, 2017
bixton:

Do not let over anxiety rob you just because you get called with a foreign number.

I'm not anxious bro,just said it for possible advice or is that bad?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by skimanski(m): 1:35pm On Dec 25, 2017
EgunMogaji:

https://www.nairaland.com/skimanski

Be ready to be amazed.

My Oga. You and Oga hajj dey flatter me ooo. What we do is what people do around Nigeria ooo. Infact i see some finish and my jaw just drops. We are still trying to get to those levels, and 2018 is the Year.

Happy Xmas and and Prosperous New Year to you all.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 1:37pm On Dec 25, 2017
bixton:

plus;this is not my first time of getting such calls.
I've got so many like the ones from UNITED ARAB EMIRATE,NEW YORK CITY AND OTHER PART OF THE WORLD.
HOPEFULLY GOING OUT ANYTIME AM PLEASED,MY PEOPLE ALSO LIVES IN THE USA.
thanks tho for the wonderful advice,appreciated.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 1:44pm On Dec 25, 2017
Timtol:

i thank GOD this is coming at d very best time to add to my understanding.
PRAISE BE HIS NAME.
Was in a program yesterday and always busy as i use to wen a man called which never disclose his country in fact never ready to say his name.
He mobbed trying to introduce zigzagly,with wisdom GOD help me around dat.
HE SAID HE IS NOT IN THE COUNTRY BUT WILL BE BACK SOON,ASKING AND LOOKING FOR A CONTRACTOR WHICH AM WORKING TOWARDS NOT WILLING TO PUT MYSELF ONLY INTO THIS...I LATER ASK WHERE D PLOT IS AND HE SAID "ABIA"
FOR ME TO TRAVEL FROM MY LOCATION TO ABIA IS TOO FAR PLUS MY PADI(STRUCTURAL ENGR) WHICH IS IN LAGOS TO BE THERE TOGETHER IS TOO FAR.
I finally ask some other questions,d man now can feel straight in telling me his name but never tell d country he his cos i don't need to ask or was wat i did wrong?
ENLIGHTEN me.
PRESENTLY PLANNING TO CALL HIM WHEN AM LESS BUSY TO IRON THINGS OUT BETTER.

kindly share your minds with your experiences in such issues.
Sometimes it is very frustrating to try to comprehend your writing by mixing characters and usage of English and pigin language together. I thought I was the only bad writer on this forum. In summary I hope this is not the format you use in trying to secure a contract. This is my special Christmas gift to you. I will recommend you taking English classes from EGUNMOGAJI/DABOOMB. I hope they will take their time in helping you in English language usage. If you are lucky to attend Daboomb classes you must be ready to learn how to write long essays. After graduation you must be creative in your own style of writing to summarize your writing in small paragraphs. Please do not take this as an insult, it's an honest advice that I believe can help moving forward. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in advance. Lets start a New Year with a new beginning.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 1:48pm On Dec 25, 2017
kopell:
Sometimes it is very frustrating to try to comprehend your writing by mixing characters and usage of English and pigin language together. I thought I was the only bad writer on this forum. In summary I hope this is not the format you use in trying to secure a contract. This is my special Christmas gift to you. I will recommend you taking English classes from EGUNMOGAJI/DABOOMB. I hope they will take their time in helping you in English language usage. If you are lucky to attend Daboomb classes you must be ready to learn how to write long essays. After graduation you must be creative in your own style of writing to summarize your writing in small paragraphs. Please do not take this as an insult, it's an honest advice that I believe can help moving forward. Lol
Only someone that has genuine concern would tell it as it is even though it might sound unpleasant.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 2:01pm On Dec 25, 2017
kopell:
Sometimes it is very frustrating to try to comprehend your writing by mixing characters and usage of English and pigin language together. I thought I was the only bad writer on this forum. In summary I hope this is not the format you use in trying to secure a contract. This is my special Christmas gift to you. I will recommend you taking English classes from EGUNMOGAJI/DABOOMB. I hope they will take their time in helping you in English language usage. If you are lucky to attend Daboomb classes you must be ready to learn how to write long essays. After graduation you must be creative in your own style of writing to summarize your writing in small paragraphs. Please do not take this as an insult, it's an honest advice that I believe can help moving forward. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in advance. Lets start a New Year with a new beginning.
first of all i gave my like.
THANKS ALOT BOSS.
MY TEACHERS SHOULD THEN BE READY TO HELP ME OUT AND PREPARE MY CERTIFICATE.
I WILL TRY NOT TO MISS EVEN A LECTURE.
THANKS ALOT MR KOPELL.
THIS IS REALLY GREAT.
SAME TO YOU,HAPPY NEW YEAR IN ADVANCE
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Memejem: 2:02pm On Dec 25, 2017
Which busy? Abeg you’re not busy at all. You’re always here commenting, giving people a headache with your comments.

Simple comma and period, you don’t know how to use.

I suspect you didn’t graduate from any post-graduate institution. You behave like an illiterate sometimes to be very honest.

At least try to improve.

It’s Christmas. Don’t vex me

Timtol:

suspecting like?
wat r u saying...maybe u clarify
too busy for this pls
thanks a lot,will check back later sir

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 2:03pm On Dec 25, 2017
gbadexy:

Only someone that has genuine concern would tell it as it is even though it might sound unpleasant.
yeah!
BOTH OF YOU SAID IT WELL.
i love and appreciate his "geniune concern" as well

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 2:07pm On Dec 25, 2017
Memejem:
Which busy? Abeg you’re not busy at all. You’re always here commenting, giving people a headache with your comments.

Simple comma and period, you don’t know how to use.

I suspect you didn’t graduate from any post-graduate institution. You behave like an illiterate sometimes to be very honest.

At least try to improve.

It’s Christmas. Don’t vex me

lol.
ANYTHING YOU FEEL.
I'M NOT AN ILLITERATE ANYWAY AND NOT HERE TO PROVE MY KNOWLEDGE IN THIS WORLD OF TECHNOLOGY AND STRONG EDUCATION.
IF YOU GET HEADACHE MAYBE YOU SHOULD TRY AND REST SIR.
LOL...TNX BUT NO VEX OO ABEG
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Memejem: 2:12pm On Dec 25, 2017
Stop shouting on this forum. Stop using caps lock.

Timtol:

lol.
ANYTHING YOU FEEL.
I'M NOT AN ILLITERATE ANYWAY AND NOT HERE TO PROVE MY KNOWLEDGE IN THIS WORLD OF TECHNOLOGY AND STRONG EDUCATION.
IF YOU GET HEADACHE MAYBE YOU SHOULD TRY AND REST SIR.
LOL...TNX BUT NO VEX OO ABEG

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 2:15pm On Dec 25, 2017
MR MEMEJEM
This name is quite funny tho.
NO VEX PLS BUT AM NOT AN ILLITERATE AT ALL AND NOT HERE TO PROVE ANYTHING.
I APPRECIATE YOUR CONCERN. YOUR BOY WAS JUST TRYING TO USE PIDGIN BUT NOT GOOD AT THAT.
I'M READY TO LEARN SIR,TEACH ME THE PIDGIN PLS,I WILL BE USING NORMAL ENGLISH AS OTHERS DO
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 2:16pm On Dec 25, 2017
Memejem:
Stop shouting on this forum. Stop using caps lock.

okay sir,am quiet.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dremca(m): 2:18pm On Dec 25, 2017
bixton:

Documents can all be verifiable and genuine and if the client has bad intentions then you're lost in oblivion.
Always ensure you inform at least 2 persons if you must move outside your location giving all relevant data of supposedly client.
If Nigeria had central identification number like Social Security Number (SSN) all these wouldn't have been an issue. That's why banks hardly give loans to new businesses even with collateral.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 2:32pm On Dec 25, 2017
Timtol:

yeah!
BOTH OF YOU SAID IT WELL.
i love and appreciate his "geniune concern" as well
That's cool. glad that you took it well.
So under who's tutelage is it going to be grin.
merry christmas
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 2:36pm On Dec 25, 2017
mufutau55:
If you have sent me a WhatsApp message and you are expecting a reply from me.... sorry for none reply!
I have just upgraded my phone to Samsung Note8, and I thought that it's a matter of simply copying my old folders from the old phone to the new phones and input my phone number and everything will be dandy in the new phone... sorry NOT.
I have been frustrated trying to get all my chats from 2014 back into the new phone but no luck and WhatsApp has been disabled in the old phone.
Luckily I have all my 40,000 pics and contacts all saved but the chats are gone for now...
So if anyone has a suggestion to remedy my problem, I will surely appre4ciate it. If not, I will just be starting a new chat database with the new phone.
Thank you.

Hajji M.

Haji M this is very straightforward. Your contact list is backed up automatically on google unless you've purposely dis-enabled this function in the past. It may not be possible to save 40,000 high quality photos on your phone alone including your whatsapp chat history due to capacity issue with the phone. So I guess you've been backing up your media automatically on google which means you have a hotmail account, gmail account or an emai account you use in accessing play store.

So put the same SIM in the new phone.

Login to your home WIFI

Google should come up automatically requesting you to enter your email and password; in simple term, you need to login to google.

If google does not prompt you automatically, try accessing play store, this will now prompt you to login to your google account as you can't access play store without registering initially.

If you login successfully, ALL your media and contact list will be accessible.

Let me know if you experienced further difficulties.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 2:45pm On Dec 25, 2017
Aventures:
please beware of 419 and kidnappers. A NLder has fallen a victim before. He traveled by air to east only to discover it was 419 scam thanks to God it was not a kidnapping issue. please ask question and get the person identity revealed.

They nearly got me at festac town some month back.. instinct help me...not all that glitters
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 2:46pm On Dec 25, 2017
gbadexy:
That's cool. glad that you took it well. So under who's tutelage is it going to be grin. merry christmas
lol boss I'M FOLLOWING SIR,ANYBODY CAN TAKE OVER TO TEACH
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 2:48pm On Dec 25, 2017
twinskenny:

They nearly got me at festac town some month back.. instinct help me...not all that glitters
hmmn,noted sir
I WILL CALMLY SEARCH THINGS OUT VERY WELL BEFORE PROCEEDING
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 2:51pm On Dec 25, 2017
Timtol:

lol boss
I'M FOLLOWING SIR,ANYBODY CAN TAKE OVER TO TEACH
I'm here to learn also.
May God make it easy for us all.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 2:57pm On Dec 25, 2017
gbadexy:
I'm here to learn also. May God make it easy for us all.
ok sir...THANKS VERY MUCH
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nigranks: 3:09pm On Dec 25, 2017
Compliment of the seasons All. Thanks to all contributors, all the builders who considered our project, our suppliers, people who's project inspired us like the two S- ski & Spy, hajji, Egun
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aventures(m): 5:32pm On Dec 25, 2017
twinskenny:

Congrats baba, so many scam calls targeted at contractors that has their profile online. I don't visit site alone oo, at least we must be three and I must have double check the client seriousness and genuineness. God will continue to protect us.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 5:41pm On Dec 25, 2017
Dremca:
If Nigeria had central identification number like Social Security Number (SSN) all these wouldn't have been an issue. That's why banks hardly give loans to new businesses even with collateral.

We always down grade our Nigerian Security System.
Those areas with SSN still experience such.
Known businesses and individuals have been known to not pay loans given to them by banks.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 6:29pm On Dec 25, 2017
Aventures:
Congrats baba, so many scam calls targeted at contractors that has their profile online. I don't visit site alone oo, at least we must be three and I must have double check the client seriousness and genuineness. God will continue to protect us.
AMEN!
Thanks alot sir for your contributions

(1) (2) (3) ... (827) (828) (829) (830) (831) (832) (833) ... (3665) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: double3(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.