Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,997 members, 7,835,340 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (831) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4442444 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (828) (829) (830) (831) (832) (833) (834) ... (3678) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 7:59pm On Dec 25, 2017
diordaves:

Haji M this is very straightforward. Your contact list is backed up automatically on google unless you've purposely dis-enabled this function in the past. It may not be possible to save 40,000 high quality photos on your phone alone including your whatsapp chat history due to capacity issue with the phone. So I guess you've been backing up your media automatically on google which means you have a hotmail account, gmail account or an emai account you use in accessing play store.

So put the same SIM in the new phone.

Login to your home WIFI

Google should come up automatically requesting you to enter your email and password; in simple term, you need to login to google.

If google does not prompt you automatically, try accessing play store, this will now prompt you to login to your google account as you can't access play store without registering initially.

If you login successfully, ALL your media and contact list will be accessible.

Let me know if you experienced further difficulties.

Thank you Sir. Unfortunately I find out that the google backup has not been working for sometimes due to the large size.
I willsurely try the above. Thsnk you very much Sir.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Daboomb: 9:21pm On Dec 25, 2017
topsy23:
Merry Christmas To Everybody In The House

I hail O!
Merry Xmas to you and every other housemates.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Daboomb: 9:46pm On Dec 25, 2017
mufutau55:

Thank you Sir. Unfortunately I find out that the google backup has not been working for sometimes due to the large size.

Hajji M.

Hajj,

a) Have you connected your phone to your Personal Laptop in the past?
b) Do you have itunes ~Samsung keyes on your Laptop?

If the answer to the above is YES {and (b) will likely be YES, if (a) is YES}, then l am sure that your Itunes would have 'synced' your device to the/your itunes, on your laptop.

if so, just connect the new phone (after login-in to your itunes on your Lappy) to the Laptop and 'sync' the keyes backup to the phone and EVERYTHING on the previous phone that was 'synced' to the Lappy. will be synced back to the new phone automatically...with a few questions requiring only a click/yes and your google account password.

Hope this helps.

*The above can be enabled automatically, under 'Settings => General => Wifi-Sync => Sync Now ..such that it does it everytime the Ipad and Laptop are within the same Wifi Network without any input form the user.

Editted.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 9:49pm On Dec 25, 2017
Daboomb:

I hail O! Mery Xmas to you and other housemates.
Thanks boss
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Daboomb: 9:54pm On Dec 25, 2017
mufutau55:

Hajji M.

This is what l find to be the major setback of using any I-Product! Un-expandable memory.
I really dont like putting my sensitive data on Google BackUps due to the many disclosed and undisclosed data breaches of recent past.
My Samsung has a 128GB additional memory card capacity, apart from the 64Gb that came with it. Everything satys "local"

But l still roll with the I-Product because other members of the family still use it and we all need to exchange items at one point or the other.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kolnel: 10:26pm On Dec 25, 2017
Timtol:

plus;this is not my first time of getting such calls.
I've got so many like the ones from UNITED ARAB EMIRATE,NEW YORK CITY AND OTHER PART OF THE WORLD.
HOPEFULLY GOING OUT ANYTIME AM PLEASED,MY PEOPLE ALSO LIVES IN THE USA.
thanks tho for the wonderful advice,appreciated.

Pls find out the price of “brighter English grammar”
It’s an old book
I might pay for it

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 12:26am On Dec 26, 2017
kolnel:

Pls find out the price of “brighter English grammar”
It’s an old book
I might pay for it
Una don start ni ? ?This lubish must stop 2017 it mst nt cross ova merry xmasss grin grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 12:39am On Dec 26, 2017
kolnel:

Pls find out the price of “brighter English grammar” It’s an old book I might pay for it
lol,funny!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 12:40am On Dec 26, 2017
erico2k2:

Una don start ni ? ?This lubish must stop 2017 it mst nt cross ova merry xmasss grin grin
lol,thanks boss
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by alstacs(m): 5:41am On Dec 26, 2017
Daboomb:

Hajj,

a) Have you connected your phone to your Personal Laptop in the past?
b) Do you have itunes on your Laptop?

If the answer to the above is YES {and (b) will likely be YES, if (a) is YES}, then l am sure that your Itunes would have 'synced' your device to the/your itunes, on your laptop.

if so, just connect the new phone (after login-in to your itunes on your Lappy) to the Laptop and 'sync' the itunes to the phone and EVERYTHING on the previous phone that was 'synced' to the Lappy. will be synced back to the new phone automatically...with a few wuestions requiring only a click/yes and your itunes password.

Hope this helps.

*The above can be enabled automatically, under 'Settings => General => iTunes Wifi-Sync => Sync Now ..such that it does it everytime the Ipad and Laptop are within the same Wifi Network without any input form the user.

Oga, iTunes de work for Google accounts?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 8:04am On Dec 26, 2017
MORNING HERE. EGUNS LONGEST TIME BOSS
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by allCopacetic: 6:59pm On Dec 26, 2017
mufutau55:
If you have sent me a WhatsApp message and you are expecting a reply from me.... sorry for none reply!
I have just upgraded my phone to Samsung Note8, and I thought that it's a matter of simply copying my old folders from the old phone to the new phones and input my phone number and everything will be dandy in the new phone... sorry NOT.
I have been frustrated trying to get all my chats from 2014 back into the new phone but no luck and WhatsApp has been disabled in the old phone.
Luckily I have all my 40,000 pics and contacts all saved but the chats are gone for now...
So if anyone has a suggestion to remedy my problem, I will surely appre4ciate it. If not, I will just be starting a new chat database with the new phone.
Thank you.

Hajji M.

Oluwa o, Note 8? Hajj stop insulting us with all this kobo kobo talk biko

Yes, You can restore Chats you had on your old device.

- Do you still have access to your old device?

- Have you deleted or uninstalled the WhatsApp application on that device ? ( doesnt matter if the WhatsApp account has been moved to the new device)
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 10:53pm On Dec 26, 2017
allCopacetic:

Oluwa o, Note 8? Hajj stop insulting us with all this kobo kobo talk biko

Yes, You can restore Chats you had on your old device.

- Do you still have access to your old device?

- Have you deleted or uninstalled the WhatsApp application on that device ? ( doesnt matter if the WhatsApp account has been moved to the new device)

Hah! My brother. Nah just to be modern o.
Yes. I still have the old phone but Whstsapp dont work on it becos the number has been moved to new phone. But I can still connect to anything via wi-fi. I can access all the folders on the old phone with File Manager.. and I can copy files between them.
Whatsapp with new chats from few days ago are on the new phone.. but I dont mind losing that if I can get all the chats from the old phone back... and that includes all your lessons/lectures to me. smiley

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by allCopacetic: 12:18am On Dec 27, 2017
mufutau55:

Hah! My brother. Nah just to be modern o.
Yes. I still have the old phone but Whstsapp dont work on it becos the number has been moved to new phone. But I can still connect to anything via wi-fi. I can access all the folders on the old phone with File Manager.. and I can copy files between them.
Whatsapp with new chats from few days ago are on the new phone.. but I dont mind losing that if I can get all the chats from the old phone back... and that includes all your lessons/lectures to me. smiley

Hajji M.

That’s great, then you can have your chats back with no problems. Its an easy process but you will lose the recent chats on the new device.

Please Follow these steps with your wi-fi turned on :

1. Move your account back to the old phone:
when you try to access whatsapp on the old phone, it’ll automatically ask you to “verify this phone” just follow the prompts and steps and it will move your whatsapp account back to your old phone ( no need to swap the sim since you have wi-fi connectivity, just make sure the number is switched on so that you can receive the whatsapp confirmation code)

2. Create a chat backup on old phone :
Now that you have your whatsapp account back on the old phone, create a backup by going to : settings-->  chat backup --> Backup (see attached pictures) tap on the green backup button to instantly backup your chat history to google drive. It doesn’t matter if you’ve never used google drive before, as long as you have a google account linked to your phone (which of course every android owner does).
Ensure that the backup is completed successfully.

3. Uninstall Whatsapp on the New device:
this is necessary because it is only during a fresh install that Whatsapp can prompt or allow you to restore chats from a previously done backup

4. Reinstall Whatsapp on New Device and Restore Chat Backup:
Now that your chat is backed up to google drive via the old device, you may proceed to re-install whatsapp on your new device and follow the normal process of registering. Somewhere during the installation process, Whatsapp will ask if you would like to “Restore backup” respond in the affirmative and your chat backup should be restored on the new device, along with whatsapp pictures and other whatsapp media files

Since you did a direct phone swap , I’m assuming the google account you have on both the new and old device is the same.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 12:32am On Dec 27, 2017
allCopacetic:

That’s great, then you can have your chats back with no problems. Its an easy process but you will lose the recent chats on the new device.

Please Follow these steps:

when you try to access whatsapp on the old phone, it’ll automatically ask you to “verify this phone” just follow the prompts and steps and it will move your whatsapp account back to your old phone

Now that you have your whatsapp account back on the old phone, create a backup by going to : settings-->  chat backup --> Backup (see attached pictures) tap on the green backup button to instantly backup your chat history to google drive. It doesn’t matter if you’ve never used google drive before, as long as you have a google account linked to your phone (which of course every android owner does).

this is necessary because it is only during a fresh install that Whatsapp can prompt or allow you to restore chats from a previously done backup

Now that your chat is backed up to google drive via the old device, you may proceed to re-install whatsapp on your new device and follow the normal process of registering. Somewhere during the installation process, Whatsapp will ask if you would like to “Restore backup” respond in the affirmative and your chat backup should be restored on the new device, along with whatsapp pictures and other whatsapp media files

Since you did a direct phone swap , I’m assuming the google account you have on both the new and old device is the same.

Thanks for tbe detailed lecture sir.
The problem I have is that the Chat backup is never successful when I tried even before I swapped the phone, I dont know why. So this step can never be accomplished.
That is why I thought that I can just directly copy the database from the WhatsApp folders from the old phone to the new phone and everything will be good. But that did not solve the problem.
So now I am thinking the chat database on the old phone is corrupted but was still working.
So all the steps you mentioned have been tried... I guess I will just continue with the new chats to restore my sanity. Oh well.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Flaghouse1: 7:23am On Dec 27, 2017
mufutau55:

The problem I have is that the Chat backup is never successful when I tried even before I swapped the phone, I dont know why. So this step can never be accomplished.
That is why I thought that I can just directly copy the database from the WhatsApp folders from the old phone to the new phone and everything will be good. But that did not solve the problem.
So now I am thinking the chat database on the old phone is corrupted but was still working.
So all the steps you mentioned have been tried... I guess I will just continue with the new chats to restore my sanity. Oh well.

Hajji M.

If you have a google account back up all your what's app chart on google drive ,then put sim in the new phone and install whatapp,update your new phone transferring all chats and information from google drive back up to the new phone during updating process
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AZUH: 11:26am On Dec 27, 2017
44chux:

bro i need your contact phone number please
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 11:33am On Dec 27, 2017
I thank you all for your contributions on the small issue Hajj phone get. I am listening and am going apply all the lessons, mine is a bit simple, changing to a new phone so I will need to import all my records from the damaged phone to the new one. I am reading and learning, thank you all.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 11:36am On Dec 27, 2017
mufutau55:

Hajji M.

So sorry Sir, I have been there before and know how painful it was. I kept asking clients who have been in discussions with me to identify themselves if they chatted me up again as I no longer had their contacts and records. Very embarrassing sometimes.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 11:39am On Dec 27, 2017
I am using this opportunity to wish all our members here a very wonderful Christmas and may your new year be filled with blessings, God's protection, abundance and fulfilment in all you do.

May GOD bless you all.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omaraji: 12:01pm On Dec 27, 2017
Affordable and clean sofa (leather).
Buyers gets a 7 slide-window net or GoTV with complete set FREE as an addon.

Reason for selling: Just moved into a new apartment but it i has a small sitting room. I quite am particular about space.

Serious buyers only
Call 08063944177

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 12:26pm On Dec 27, 2017
spyder880:
I am using this opportunity to wish all our members here a very wonderful Christmas and may your new year be filled with blessings, God's protection, abundance and fulfilment in all you do.

May GOD bless you all.
amen!
SAME TO YOU ALL
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 2:33pm On Dec 27, 2017
spyder880:

So sorry Sir, I have been there before and know how painful it was. I kept asking clients who have been in discussions with me to identify themselves if they chatted me up again as I no longer had their contacts and records. Very embarrassing sometimes.

You are very right sir. Thank you.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 44chux(m): 3:06pm On Dec 27, 2017
AZUH:
bro i need your contact phone number please
Hello AZUH

Am flattered. We can start with NL mail.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Bossman(m): 7:27pm On Dec 27, 2017
BTW, if you still want to get all the messages on your phone, there is a possibility as long as whatsapp has not been deleted (or reactivated with another number) from the old phone. Here are the simple steps.

- Whats app backs up every 24 hours I believe. But if you want messages up to the minute you switched sims, you will have to put your sim back in the old phone and then do a manual backup via whatsapp settings.
- Delete whatsapp from your new phone and reinstall. Go ahead and try to setup your number on the new phone. During the process, it will determine there is a backup associated with your number, and ask if you want to restore from the backup. Just select 'Yes" If you also want to restore videos, make sure that option is selected as well. That's all.

PS - Please ignore if this as been posted already.

mufutau55:
If you have sent me a WhatsApp message and you are expecting a reply from me.... sorry for none reply!
I have just upgraded my phone to Samsung Note8, and I thought that it's a matter of simply copying my old folders from the old phone to the new phones and input my phone number and everything will be dandy in the new phone... sorry NOT.
I have been frustrated trying to get all my chats from 2014 back into the new phone but no luck and WhatsApp has been disabled in the old phone.
Luckily I have all my 40,000 pics and contacts all saved but the chats are gone for now...
So if anyone has a suggestion to remedy my problem, I will surely appre4ciate it. If not, I will just be starting a new chat database with the new phone.
Thank you.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adanny01(m): 7:54pm On Dec 27, 2017
allCopacetic:

Please Follow these steps with your wi-fi turned on :

when you try to access whatsapp on the old phone, it’ll automatically ask you to “verify this phone” just follow the prompts and steps and it will move your whatsapp account back to your old phone ( no need to swap the sim since you have wi-fi connectivity, just make sure the number is switched on so that you can receive the whatsapp confirmation code)

mufutau55:

Hajji M.

No worries, there is an easy way to restore even without google drive.

On the old phone, go to Files Manager - All files - Phone storage - Whatsapp - Databases - msgstore.db.crypt12

That file is your most recent backup.

Transfer either the file or the whole whatsapp folder to your new phone "phone storage" not sd card or any other. Whatsapp will find the backup when you are processing registration.

Note that, you cant log your whatspp on 2 phones at the same time. Since it seems you have already registered ur new device on whatsapp, so you need to go to settings - apps - whatsapp - clear data on the new phone to log that phone out then re-register. It willfind the back up. Also, the new phone will have a backup of new chats. You have to choose between your new back up or the old one and use the one you choose. You can also move the new one out of that databases folder to keep the chats as record. I have no idea about combining both if at all that is possible.

During registration, make sure you select the right option to search for backup.

Clear data or uninstalling the app does not delete databases. If one backup is corrupted, an older backup with a date on it may work instead. All you need to do is delete the date part and it becomes the current backup.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adanny01(m): 9:20pm On Dec 27, 2017
omaraji:
Affordable and clean sofa (leather).
Buyers gets a 7 slide-window net or GoTV with complete set FREE as an addon.

Reason for selling: Just moved into a new apartment but it i has a small sitting room. I quite am particular about space.

Serious buyers only
Call 08063944177

Location?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:31pm On Dec 27, 2017
Seasons greetings Hajj, any chance to use this opportunity to switch to the Apple ecosystem? I recommend iPhone 8Plus with 256GB. Just gift the new Samsung to Spyder880 and be done with it grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Daboomb: 9:43pm On Dec 27, 2017
alstacs:

Oga, iTunes de work for Google accounts?

That was a mixup between Iphone and samsung, it happens when you use both platforms.
Thanks for the observation

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ACFreeHost: 9:51pm On Dec 27, 2017
www.advertscontrol.com.ng is a place where you can buy and sell anything in Nigeria, it gives the Nigerians the opportunity to promote their businesses by posting their product's adverts, the location of their businesses, the Price's of their product's, their business contact, and to always stay connected to their costumers or buyers. All these are made possible for FREE.
And for Nigerian buyers is a platform where you can get whatever you need in a good faith because AdvertsControl care about you and that is why we recommend you to buy any products from a verified user's and to first, see whatever products you want or need to buy.
AdvertsControl.com.ng are offering FREE ADVERTS PROMOTIONS such as ;
Push to top.
Featured.
Always on top.
Advertisements in other site's and so much more.
So what are you waiting for?
Do you have any products or services for sale?
Do you have an interest for shopping?
Is they any products or services you need?
Why not visit our website and see more what we can offer and how AdvertsControl will promote your business or find buyers for your product's.
Please.. Visit : www.advertscontrol.com.ng
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 7:52am On Dec 28, 2017
EgunMogaji:
Seasons greetings Hajj, any chance to use this opportunity to switch to the Apple ecosystem? I recommend iPhone 8Plus with 256GB. Just gift the new Samsung to Spyder880 and be done with it grin

Supported. cheesy

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by walexyll(m): 8:32am On Dec 28, 2017
@spyder880 good morning boss. Great work you have been doing here. I intend to tile my parents house. I just took the following dimensions
Sitting room 14ft X 20ft
Dinning 9.4 X 8ft
Waiting room 15.4 X 14.6 ft
Dad's room 14 X 10.11 ft
Mum's room 9.9 X 14 ft
Kitchen 7.11 X 9.3ft
First room 9.9 X 14 ft
Second room 14 X 12 ft
Third room 14 X 12ft

Kindly assist with a reasonable budget using the low cost Nigeria tiles you referred to in your "low cost" housing project. I appreciate your time in advance.
I intend to buy in Lagos and ship to village in my car.

PS: @mufutau55 your contribution is welcome.

(1) (2) (3) ... (828) (829) (830) (831) (832) (833) (834) ... (3678) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: topsy23, CircleOfWilis, rotecch77(m), twinskenny(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.