Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,995 members, 7,835,337 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (832) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4442435 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (829) (830) (831) (832) (833) (834) (835) ... (3678) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:43am On Dec 28, 2017
walexyll:
@spyder880 good morning boss. Great work you have been doing here. I intend to tile my parents house. I just took the following dimensions
Sitting room 14ft X 20ft
Dinning 9.4 X 8ft
Waiting room 15.4 X 14.6 ft
Dad's room 14 X 10.11 ft
Mum's room 9.9 X 14 ft
Kitchen 7.11 X 9.3ft
First room 9.9 X 14 ft
Second room 14 X 12 ft
Third room 14 X 12ft

Kindly assist with a reasonable budget using the low cost Nigeria tiles you referred to in your "low cost" housing project. I appreciate your time in advance.
I intend to buy in Lagos and ship to village in my car.

PS: @mufutau55 your contribution is welcome.

Make sure it is properly packed if not there will be much waste.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by walexyll(m): 8:45am On Dec 28, 2017
segzy14:

Make sure it is properly packed if not there will be much waste.
Thanks for this insight... Any tips on the packaging?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:48am On Dec 28, 2017
walexyll:

Thanks for this insight... Any tips on the packaging?

Make sure they are put together, no space in between. The boys loading it will help you out, just make sure there is no space in between and let it stand.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by walexyll(m): 8:52am On Dec 28, 2017
segzy14:

Make sure they are put together, no space in between. The boys loading it will help you out, just make sure there is no space in between and let it stand.
Thanks for the input. Waiting for Oga spyder880 and Mufutau55
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 10:01am On Dec 28, 2017
walexyll:
@spyder880 good morning boss. Great work you have been doing here. I intend to tile my parents house. I just took the following dimensions
Sitting room 14ft X 20ft
Dinning 9.4 X 8ft
Waiting room 15.4 X 14.6 ft
Dad's room 14 X 10.11 ft
Mum's room 9.9 X 14 ft
Kitchen 7.11 X 9.3ft
First room 9.9 X 14 ft
Second room 14 X 12 ft
Third room 14 X 12ft

Kindly assist with a reasonable budget using the low cost Nigeria tiles you referred to in your "low cost" housing project. I appreciate your time in advance.
I intend to buy in Lagos and ship to village in my car.

PS: @mufutau55 your contribution is welcome.
Is your village far from lagos?
If it is i will suggest u buy close to your village, as your car won't be able to accommodate the number of tiles needed for d job. except u have a truck.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by walexyll(m): 12:03pm On Dec 28, 2017
Rubbiish:

Is your village far from lagos?
If it is i will suggest u buy close to your village, as your car won't be able to accommodate the number of tiles needed for d job. except u have a truck.
It is in Osun State, just a 3-hour drive from Lagos. I drive rx300, I can collapse the back seat for extra luggage space. Since I stay in Lagos and I plan to visit again in January, I thought I can save some money if I get them in Lagos. Can anyone recommend where I can get good prices for the tiles in Lagos?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 12:17pm On Dec 28, 2017
walexyll:

It is in Osun State, just a 3-hour drive from Lagos. I drive rx300, I can collapse the back seat for extra luggage space. Since I stay in Lagos and I plan to visit again in January, I thought I can save some money if I get them in Lagos. Can anyone recommend where I can get good prices for the tiles in Lagos?

Go to Orile.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 12:37pm On Dec 28, 2017
walexyll:

Baba using the same car.. please don't kill the car with that much
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 12:45pm On Dec 28, 2017
walexyll:

Orile is the best place and u need to be there yourself to choose your choice
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 12:49pm On Dec 28, 2017
Do you know how many cartons of tiles the measurement will result to.
Your suv cant carry more that 30cartons of wall tiles
And this your measureement will give about 100 cartons of tiles. So ready to hire lorry for the tiles which will cost you about 40k to osun state.

Speaking from experience bcs i deal on tiles

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abbeyboy2o15(m): 1:51pm On Dec 28, 2017
Please i want ask if there is any disadvantage using hand moulded blocks instead of the one done by machine. And what is the durability and beautiful touch it brings if handled by a qualified bricklayer.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by allCopacetic: 2:01pm On Dec 28, 2017
mufutau55:

Thanks for tbe detailed lecture sir.
The problem I have is that the Chat backup is never successful when I tried even before I swapped the phone, I dont know why. So this step can never be accomplished.
That is why I thought that I can just directly copy the database from the WhatsApp folders from the old phone to the new phone and everything will be good. But that did not solve the problem.
So now I am thinking the chat database on the old phone is corrupted but was still working.
So all the steps you mentioned have been tried... I guess I will just continue with the new chats to restore my sanity. Oh well.

Hajji M.
Alright Sir,
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by superbouck(m): 3:02pm On Dec 28, 2017
Ejowo o, where is agarawu23 hope the man is still alive
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by agarawu23(m): 3:09pm On Dec 28, 2017
superbouck:
Ejowo o, where is agara wu23 hope the man is still alive
by the special grace of God smiley

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 3:12pm On Dec 28, 2017
rotecch77:
And this your measureement will give about 100 cartons of tiles. So ready to hire lorry for the tiles which will cost you about 40k to osun state.

Thank u sir!
You just summarized my point
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 3:14pm On Dec 28, 2017
grin
agarawu23:

Lolzz

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 3:19pm On Dec 28, 2017
abbeyboy2o15:
Please i want ask if there is any disadvantage using hand moulded blocks instead of the one done by machine. And what is the durability and beautiful touch it brings if handled by a qualified bricklayer.
Vibrated blocks are said to be more durable, but often times block sellers using machines are after profit, so the mix ratio is compromised. For me i care about mix ratio, which is most times compomise by sellers. Reason i go for hand mould blocks, at least i am sure of d mix.
Except for cases i can hire the machine for personal use.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by superbouck(m): 3:21pm On Dec 28, 2017
agarawu23:
thank God

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by walexyll(m): 4:30pm On Dec 28, 2017
twinskenny:

Baba using the same car.. please don't kill the car with that much
Thanks so much for the concern. I am not going to exceed the maximum load capacity of about 2,270kg
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by walexyll(m): 4:37pm On Dec 28, 2017
rotecch77:

Thanks for the insight. I would consider that
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:48pm On Dec 28, 2017
abbeyboy2o15:

Vibrated blocks are the best for a reason and is often called for in architectural designs.

The only reason that we consider handmade blocks in Nigeria is due to the economic condition we find ourselves in.

Either handmade or vibrated, the composition of material (ratio of cement/sand/water) is important as well as is the mix.

Good luck on your project.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abbeyboy2o15(m): 8:39pm On Dec 28, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Vibrated blocks are the best for a reason and is often called for in architectural designs.

The only reason that we consider handmade blocks in Nigeria is due to the economic condition we find ourselves in.

Either handmade or vibrated, the composition of material (ratio of cement/sand/water) is important as well as is the mix.

Good luck on your project.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 8:53pm On Dec 28, 2017
Rubbiish:

Vibrated blocks are said to be more durable, but often times block sellers using machines are after profit, so the mix ratio is compromised. For me i care about mix ratio, which is most times compomise by sellers. Reason i go for hand mould blocks, at least i am sure of d mix.
Except for cases i can hire the machine for personal use.
You worth the like,i love this.
WELL MIX RATIO AND VIBRATED BLOCKS IS THE BEST.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chris81964(m): 11:11pm On Dec 28, 2017
Hello folks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 11:25pm On Dec 28, 2017
walexyll:

Thanks so much for the concern. I am not going to exceed the maximum load capacity of about 2,270kg
Great
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 11:50pm On Dec 28, 2017
skimanski:

My Oga. You and Oga hajj dey flatter me ooo. What we do is what people do around Nigeria ooo. Infact i see some finish and my jaw just drops. We are still trying to get to those levels, and 2018 is the Year.

Happy Xmas and and Prosperous New Year to you all.

And this is why I respect you Sir. You don't toot your own horn, you let your work do the tooting.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 11:51pm On Dec 28, 2017
alstacs:

Agba, ẹ kaabo. Ẹ kú ọjọ́ mẹ́ta sah.
Nice to hear from you sir.
How you are doing fine, wish you the same

Thank you, Sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 11:52pm On Dec 28, 2017
oyb:

The ghost of 2017 past.

Good to see you again.

Are you back or just flashing us?

Thank you, Sir. I just go sit here dey look first.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:21am On Dec 29, 2017
Might be of interest to some.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqUxjy2bWA4

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Marpol: 8:22am On Dec 29, 2017
@Egun, how far with your building? Have you moved in?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Daboomb: 8:33am On Dec 29, 2017
walexyll:

Dont spoil that your nice Lexus, just because of saving a few thousand Naira!
Consider your Shock absorbers since Tiles are very dense and heavy articles, especially on this our bad roads.
It is not about space, it is about what it wil do to that nice vehicle.

Go to Orile, you will get good prices and assorted types but please dont transport them in your personal vehicle.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:41am On Dec 29, 2017
Marpol:
@Egun, how far with your building? Have you moved in?

Thank you for asking. The garage apartment is indeed complete and we’ll be staying in it on the next visit. Alhamdulillahi.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (829) (830) (831) (832) (833) (834) (835) ... (3678) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: gbadexy(m), CircleOfWilis, Lakuje4power(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.