Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,465 members, 7,812,426 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:12 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (878) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4376145 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (875) (876) (877) (878) (879) (880) (881) ... (3664) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by InvertedHammer: 2:41pm On Feb 20, 2018
ice4u999:

1. You asked why invest in a country like Nigeria
2. How can one call living in oversea stressful and then see Nigeria as a place to get away
3. All Nigerians always conclude every conversation with money
4. Only struggling Nigerians vacation in Nigeria to show off
5. What are you still doing in Canada? Guy I love money and like I told you earlier on, show me where the money is and I will be there. Nigeria and Canada is my home and I will rock my God given opportunity. News flash I can make money in Canada, triple it in Nigeria, pay my taxes in Nigeria and invest more, move 50 % back to Canada to take of all bills and then spend the rest enjoying myself.

I guess your next question will be why is chevron or ExxonMobil still in Nigeria Or why Dangote built a cement plant in Cameroon or why otedola have properties overseas or why Uber came to Nigeria?

Anyway how building matter they go now?

/
No need for "I can"....just do it.

I asked why someone who has little hope of relocating his family to Nigeria would sink funds in a building in Nigeria to impress God-knows-who. And that was in response to someone trying to shade a participant. But of course, your emotion got a better part of you as you descended into macabre dance of phanthom patriotism on the thread. How you railroaded that discussion into "investing" beats me.

Are there any new building inventions or innovations you care to share here? Any new gimmicks in construction we need to watch out for? Let's stop derailing this thread before others get pissed off.
/
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 2:57pm On Feb 20, 2018

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 3:11pm On Feb 20, 2018
AngelicBeing:
I am happy that so many people are expressing the same view and opinions l often say concerning the nation called Nigeria, it is not about making money or investment, people like Dangote, Otedola and other celebrities pay so much money for their personal security, first class medical facilities within and outside Nigeria incase of emergency but here in the useless jungle called shithole by Trump it is a big luxury,

I was in Nigeria in 2012/2013, I was in my friends house in lagos just to maintain a low profile for my personal security and safety to avoid undue attention, he was living in a one story building and there was a nearby clinic next to the building, l, personally witnessed from my window about 3pregnant women died in that slaughter house called clinic due to the shabby infrastructure in the clinic, the clinic had a guy as a doctor who was more like a tout to me, another woman gave birth and no oxygen, I watched from the window of my friends house, l couldn't stomach it, I rushed down, called the doctor and I drove the doctor with the newborn wrapped in his hands and we rushed the baby to a first class clinic and immediately they placed the baby in their oxygen and I was with the doctor and other doctors did their best and the baby survived, I drove them back to their clinic and they stabilise the mother of the new born and they discharged them, with all humility I was the live saver of the baby because the so called clinic had no vehicle to convey the newborn to were we drove them to, I, wonder how many of such cases we have all over the jungle.

Secondly, World poverty dot com officially declared Nigeria as having the poorest people in the world, over 82million Nigeria are said to be poor and can't afford one dollar fifty cent to feed, when you have such statistics coming from international organizations then there is real concern to me,

l, know of few Nigerians who arrived and get killed by robbers, kidnappers and hoodlums because of the serious insecurity in the land, whenever I am visiting Nigeria, l am scared, I feel safer outside Nigeria than in Nigeria, l have vacationed in several countries but my experience in Dubai was fantastic, the security iin Dubai is amazing, you can't commit any crime in Dubai and go free, my friend lives at Burjkhalifa and has several businesses in Dubai, he left Canada to Nigeria and was almost killed before he relocated to Dubai to establish chains of businesses, my point is every indices that guarantees the basic necessities to live as a human being is missing in Nigeria.

l am also worried about settling in Nigeria in future, I prefer to live in a safer zone with limited cash than have billions of dollars and still be scared of living in Nigeria, Nigeria, in my opinion is beyond redemption sad
Sorry dude,U are trying to lecture some ignorant people
Crazy Country Nigeria, No road, water, electricity, Security zero
For any country to move to a developing nation u need basic infrastructure
Nigeria lack basic infrastructure
U can't get light meter in Nigeria
ignorant Nigerians can continue to tell U how rich people are in Nigeria
EG you have 200 people only 3 people have this so call money
The 3 rich people have half the police force to protect them
There are opportunity to make money in Nigeria but it come with lot of risk
and wiliness to do things the wrong ways
Nigerians are hard working people
If the government can provide basic infrastructure and reduce corruption
I have faith that Nigerians can make Nigeria GREAT NATION

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 3:28pm On Feb 20, 2018
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by meohio7777: 6:07pm On Feb 20, 2018
Good Evening House, I got this quote for plumbing which for me was kinda too High. It's a 2 Units of 3 Bedrooms and 2 Units of Room/Parlor Self con.. Please advice. Thanks

WATER HEATER(15 Ltr)..........23,000 X 6.................138,000
MIXER TAP..............7,500 X 6..................45,000
1/2 XW PIPE............9,500 X 8..................76,000
1/2 TEE TAP............1,500 X 45.................67,500
1/2 FCB..................550 X 19.................10,450
1 INCH FCB...............700 X 40.................28,000
1/2 TAP.................2000 X 4...................8,000
WASH HAND BASIN..............x 1....................15,000
3/4 TAP.................2000 X 2...................4,000
3/4 PIPE................1100 X 5...................5,500
1 INCH PIPE.............1800 X 11..................19,800
1 INCH SOCKET............430 X 10...................4,300
1 INCH STOP COCK........3200 X 4...................12,800
4 INCH PAM CONNECTOR....1800 X 13..................23,400
4 INCH PIPE 8...........2350 X 8...................18,800
4 INCH ELBOW............1050 X 4....................4,200
4 INCH VENT CAT..........950 X 5....................4,750
TIN GUM 1 1/2...........4000 X 1.5..................6,000
THREAD TAP...............500 X 30..................15,000
PUTTY....................900 X 3....................2,700
1 1/4 ADAPTOR RABER......200 X 12....................2400
1 1/2 ADAPTOR RABER......250 X 4.....................1000
1/2 GV PIPE.............3000 X 1....................3,000
1/2 STOCK COCK..........1800 X 8...................14,400
FILECORN................1900 X 8...................15,200
BEGSCREW (1 in 1)........950 X 1.....................950
GEEPEE TANK 1500L......38500 X 3...................115,500
WC.....................36000 X 12..................432,000

TOTAL..............................................................1,093,650

EgunMogaji:

I doubt it Sir. But I use Ibadan calculations not una lofty Lekki/Ajjah prices grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 6:13pm On Feb 20, 2018
Yeppa dey don kill this man with price
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 6:17pm On Feb 20, 2018
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 6:23pm On Feb 20, 2018
meohio7777:
Good Evening House, I got this quote for plumbing which for me was kinda too High. It's a 2 Units of 3 Bedrooms and 2 Units of Room/Parlor Self con.. Please advice. Thanks

WATER HEATER(15 Ltr)..........23,000 X 6.................138,000
MIXER TAP..............7,500 X 6..................45,000
1/2 XW PIPE............9,500 X 8..................76,000
1/2 TEE TAP............1,500 X 45.................67,500
1/2 FCB..................550 X 19.................10,450
1 INCH FCB...............700 X 40.................28,000
1/2 TAP.................2000 X 4...................8,000
WASH HAND BASIN..............x 1....................15,000
3/4 TAP.................2000 X 2...................4,000
3/4 PIPE................1100 X 5...................5,500
1 INCH PIPE.............1800 X 11..................19,800
1 INCH SOCKET............430 X 10...................4,300
1 INCH STOP COCK........3200 X 4...................12,800
4 INCH PAM CONNECTOR....1800 X 13..................23,400
4 INCH PIPE 8...........2350 X 8...................18,800
4 INCH ELBOW............1050 X 4....................4,200
4 INCH VENT CAT..........950 X 5....................4,750
TIN GUM 1 1/2...........4000 X 1.5..................6,000
THREAD TAP...............500 X 30..................15,000
PUTTY....................900 X 3....................2,700
1 1/4 ADAPTOR RABER......200 X 12....................2400
1 1/2 ADAPTOR RABER......250 X 4.....................1000
1/2 GV PIPE.............3000 X 1....................3,000
1/2 STOCK COCK..........1800 X 8...................14,400
FILECORN................1900 X 8...................15,200
BEGSCREW (1 in 1)........950 X 1.....................950
GEEPEE TANK 1500L......38500 X 3...................115,500
WC.....................36000 X 12..................432,000

TOTAL..............................................................1,093,650

Here’s what I paid last month. These are Ibadan prices.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 6:24pm On Feb 20, 2018
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 6:29pm On Feb 20, 2018
bassey25:
FOR SALE!!!

2 Acres of land at Eko Atlantic is for Sale at $1700/Sqm. The 2 acres is 9000sqm

PRICE: cost is $15.3MIllion (N5.36Billion Naira).
It can also be sold in an Acre which equals to N2,677,500,000.

All documents are intact for any serious clients verification.

www.facebook.com/propertyreach
Hmmm, nawao, with 15.3million dollars, l will be on the next Emirates flight to Dubai, sit with local royal emaritis invest in real estate in Ras Alkimah and the city of Dubai, I will be drinking red wine, drink Arabic coffee and cruise around the 7Emirates of the UAE, enjoy first class infrastructures, sleep and my investment will multiply in quantum because of the stability of the country and their smart business sense that have transformed a desert to a first world nation than invest it in Eko city, l wish you happy sales sad

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by meohio7777: 6:29pm On Feb 20, 2018
Thanks @EgunMogaji seen and going through it..

@Rotecch77 Thanks for the Thread.
EgunMogaji:

@meohio7777

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 6:30pm On Feb 20, 2018
Thanks egun baba

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dremca(m): 6:35pm On Feb 20, 2018
Even banana is over valued, only Nicon town stands out from all the neighborhood in Nigeria, not even maitama or asokoro can beat the neighborhood in terms facilities.
AngelicBeing:
Hmmm, nawao, with 15.3million dollars, l will be on the next Emirates flight to Dubai, sit with local royal emaritis invest in real estate in Ras Alkimah and the city of Dubai, I will be drinking red wine, drink Arabic coffee and cruise around the 7Emirates of the UAE, enjoy first class infrastructures, sleep and my investment will multiply in quantum because of the stability of the country and their smart business sense that have transformed a desert to a first world nation than invest it in Eko city, l wish you happy sales sad

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 6:40pm On Feb 20, 2018
Dremca:
Even banana is over valued, only Nicon town stands out from all the neighborhood in Nigeria, not even maitama or asokoro can beat the neighborhood in terms facilities.
Lol, the kind millions and billions l hear of properties in lagos and Abuja is alarming, 15.3million dollars for a land in lagos nawao, what do I know, Dasuki and his gang of thieves can afford it but with that kind of money, I have a dozen countries to invest it than lagos tongue

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 7:03pm On Feb 20, 2018
AngelicBeing:
Lol, the kind millions and billions l hear of properties in lagos and Abuja is alarming, 15.3million dollars for a land in lagos nawao, what do I know, Dasuki and his gang of thieves can afford it but with that kind of money, I have a dozen countries to invest it than lagos tongue
Legal robbers
Over priced housing market like Toronto

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:24pm On Feb 20, 2018
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by nwaorlu: 7:27pm On Feb 20, 2018
Quick question for the builders in the house, how are the toilet seats anchored to the floor? Cement on the bottom? Gum?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:33pm On Feb 20, 2018
nwaorlu:
Quick question for the builders in the house, how are the toilet seats anchored to the floor? Cement on the bottom? Gum?

Cc roteck
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:44pm On Feb 20, 2018
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:55pm On Feb 20, 2018
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:06pm On Feb 20, 2018
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:11pm On Feb 20, 2018
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:24pm On Feb 20, 2018

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 8:29pm On Feb 20, 2018
@nwaorlu,
Screw the wc to the floor and use silicon to seal the round bottom edge, that is the professional way.
Although some plumber use little cement to hold it

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Daboomb: 8:42pm On Feb 20, 2018
InvertedHammer:

/
Actually Nigeria is where people who are struggling in diaspora go to feel important because of the exchange rate. No one comfortable abroad is contemplating moving to Nigeria. Some move after retirement to get more bang fpr their buck. They still run back overseas once in a while to cool off and for medical check ups. Quote me any day.

Not trying to rain on anyone's parade. Nigeria is a third world country where things taken for granted like good roads, electricity, clean water, etc become big deals. With very high unemployment rate, how can one say Nigeria is close to El Dorado? Even if you are comfortable, the level of poverty and suffering around could be depressing and unsettling. No man is an island.

"Everything has a price" is not the hallmark of a decent society. The price you are willing to pay, someone will be willing to pay more. That breeds anarchy, oppression and insecurity. It is illegal to possess assault rifle but herdsmen are fully strapped with AK-47 because everything has a price. Engaging a Nigerian in a debate will usually end up about money. Money is here and will always be after we die. Do you still wonder why Nigeria is a sh!thole and the citizens are regarded as almost worthless in every other country?
/

I just saw your post and that of FastShipping now but since l dont want to belabour the point, l will just respond once and move-on.

- When l say everything has a price, it means that no matter what your heart desires (and we all have different value-system such that what inspires you might really be depre(l have a few of them at close quarters) you can always have that thing, in Nigeria, as long as you can afford it.

Over there, there is the problem, which even those who are born there complain about... and that is over-regulation.
You cant do this, you cant do that, such that life becomes easily boring and apart from watching American football or Premiership, there is not much anything exciting in life! Even Christmas is so boring, you will wonder whether it is actually christmas! grin

Even if you have the money, over there, you cant build your house to your heart's desire (as in design, shape or even height)!
But some would say such regulation is good, to keep everyone in-check and create a 'sane' society.
That is how they feel but for others, it makes life boring.

Like everything else in life, there are Pros and Cons.

In Nigeria, there is less 'regulation' and it makes life exciting, bordering on the 'dangerously adventurous' if l may put it that way but it is what makes life tick.
It is why some people born in 'hectic' Lagos will die of boredom, if you take them for a week in Abeokuta or Ibadan and it is for the same reason that some born in calm, rural Ibadan, will tell you that they will die if you dare take them to that 'insane' Lagos!

So, each one's definition of "enjoyment or living the life", .....is SUBJECTIVE.
Different shades of Grey, as we say
. undecided undecided

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:50pm On Feb 20, 2018

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:59pm On Feb 20, 2018
MODALSOUL1:
A house with roof top tennis court . interesting use of space . A tennis court measure 36 ft by 78 ft .

This I’ve not seen before.

I’ve always felt that roof space is wasted in Nigeria and hence why I haven’t roofed my main house yet.

PS: for my friends that hang onto my every post, please note that I did not say I was doing a rooftop tennis court o cool
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 9:31pm On Feb 20, 2018
GoodFaith:

Legal robbers
Over priced housing market like Toronto
Hahaha grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Sprumbabafather: 10:08pm On Feb 20, 2018
MODALSOUL1:
A house with roof top tennis court . interesting use of space . A tennis court measure 36 ft by 78 ft .

grin grin grin
Is your name Joseph? Because your dreams are numerous grin Your next dream should be where you are paying an architect to draw for you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Sprumbabafather: 10:11pm On Feb 20, 2018
EgunMogaji:

This I’ve not seen before.

I’ve always felt that roof space is wasted in Nigeria and hence why I haven’t roofed my main house yet.

PS: for my friends that hang onto my every post, please note that I did not say I was doing a rooftop tennis court o cool

if you see how surprised we are that you are not planning on putting a baseball stadium on top of your hause grin

na joke o.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:16pm On Feb 20, 2018
meohio7777:
Thanks @EgunMogaji seen and going through it..

@Rotecch77 Thanks for the Thread.

You’re welcome Sir.

Good luck on your project.

(1) (2) (3) ... (875) (876) (877) (878) (879) (880) (881) ... (3664) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: diordaves(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.