Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,568 members, 7,816,393 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (949) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4387551 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (946) (947) (948) (949) (950) (951) (952) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 1:57pm On Apr 18, 2018
aonag:

bring down cost certainly not. a sqm of that pvc cost around 14-18$ minus shipment. im yet to makeup my mind concerning that though... sample was smooth although sending was a bit expensive as they used dhl.

Oh Bob, forget PVC. Whether from China o or Nigeria or even planet Jupiter sef; the fact still remains: PVC is a fire hazard in homes. Aesthetics over health and safety is not on.

I did POP during the heat of exchange rate for N3,800 per sqm in Delta all inclusive. If you can go into the trouble of importing from China for domestic use, you can as well settle for home grown. All you need do is look for a 'strong hand' and project manage him to your concept.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 2:27pm On Apr 18, 2018
diordaves:

Oh Bob, forget PVC. Whether from China o or Nigeria or even planet Jupiter sef; the fact still remains: PVC is a fire hazard in homes. Aesthetics over health and safety is not on.

I did POP during the heat of exchange rate for N3,800 per sqm in Delta all inclusive. If you can go into the trouble of importing from China for domestic use, you can as well settle for home grown. All you need do is look for a 'strong hand' and project manage him to your concept.
this is nice
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 2:28pm On Apr 18, 2018
aonag:
who has an idea how much it costs persqm to install POP and also cost persqm for wall screeding.. if you can recommend someone good for me, il appreciate that..oga hajj, bros Egun...

i am trying to pull this off (see pic), i ordered samples of pvc from china and it came through yesterday..these feel like real wood though.. if its sold in Nigeria too please I would like to know where..

thanks..
let be clear here, are you installing POP by it’s self or mixing it with that plastic pvc ceiling. Little advise when you’re negotiate for the POP, make sure they tell you the thickness. I’ll recommend 12-16 mm thickness is better, this may depends on your budget.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 2:32pm On Apr 18, 2018
diordaves:

You’re absolutely right, can’t be compare the different is clear both for heat POP is better
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dejavus: 2:56pm On Apr 18, 2018
Noob's question re:POP , Can these POP guys recreate any designs or they only do some which they are used to?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 3:05pm On Apr 18, 2018
twinskenny:
this is nice

Thanks our magician. Continue with your good works.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by nicemuyoo: 3:10pm On Apr 18, 2018
Hello house,
Pls I just need your suggestion as I am a novice in building construction. I have just two questions?
1. For a floor/ wall area of 1200SqM how many tiles would be needed to cover. 60x60
2. How many bags of cement for laying it. Tiler suggesting 200 bags! Which u feel is much.
Any idea house would be much appreciated.
Thank you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 3:13pm On Apr 18, 2018
dejavus:
Noob's question re:POP , Can these POP guys recreate any designs or they only do some which they are used to?

A good POP wo(man) should be able to create or replicate any reasonable concept. Just show them pictures of your concept and then ask if they could create it. That's what I did. Don't go for an outlandish, convoluted design though and then complain when things go spectacularly wrong. Simple does it. POP design is like taking your cloth to a tailor, a good tailor will give you a good cut.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 3:39pm On Apr 18, 2018
dejavus:
they can recreate I believe I have seen where client draw out something on paper and they were able to recreate it
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 3:42pm On Apr 18, 2018
diordaves:

Thanks our magician. Continue with your good works.
thanks sir God bless
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 3:42pm On Apr 18, 2018
nicemuyoo:
Hello house,
Pls I just need your suggestion as I am a novice in building construction. I have just two questions?
1. For a floor/ wall area of 1200SqM how many tiles would be needed to cover. 60x60
2. How many bags of cement for laying it. Tiler suggesting 200 bags! Which u feel is much.
Any idea house would be much appreciated.
Thank you.

Cc Roteck77
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 4:19pm On Apr 18, 2018
Thanks chief Kenny.

Mr nicemuyoo, the total area needed to be tiled is 1200sqm means you are using 1200sqm of tiles .

But to get accurate number of 60x60 size needed,you need to give us the total area this 60x60 will cover then I will tell you the total pieces/carton needed for the said area.
Because all the 1200sqm area is covered for both floor and wall , so you need to seprate where 60x60 will cover then we help you to calculate the pieces of tiles needed for 60x60 area.

About cement the thickness of your floor and wall will determine the quantity needed
Plus your tiler system of laying the tiles.
150-180 is still in range
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by nicemuyoo: 4:39pm On Apr 18, 2018
Thank you for the suggestion. I would separate wall from floor.
rotecch77:
Thanks chief Kenny.

Mr nicemuyoo, the total area needed to be tiled is 1200sqm means you are using 1200sqm of tiles .

But to get accurate number of 60x60 size needed,you need to give us the total area this 60x60 will cover then I will tell you the total pieces/carton needed for the said area.
Because all the 1200sqm area is covered for both floor and wall , so you need to seprate where 60x60 will cover then we help you to calculate the pieces of tiles needed for 60x60 area.

About cement the thickness of your floor and wall will determine the quantity needed
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by nicemuyoo: 4:58pm On Apr 18, 2018
Hello Sir,

All floor tiles, 611m, wall, 529M, total of all meters 1,140.
Suggestion on total amount of tiles for floor 60×60 and tiles for wall .
Also how many bags of cement.

Thank you all

rotecch77:
Thanks chief Kenny.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 5:20pm On Apr 18, 2018
diordaves:

A good POP wo(man) should be able to create or replicate any reasonable concept. Just show them pictures of your concept and then ask if they could create it. That's what I did. Don't go for an outlandish, convoluted design though and then complain when things go spectacularly wrong. Simple does it. POP design is like taking your cloth to a tailor, a good tailor will give you a good cut.
I haven't seen a woman doing POP work ooo....lol
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dominionng(m): 5:32pm On Apr 18, 2018
twinskenny:

cc dominionng
topsy23:

Oga Dominionng

Thanks sirs.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dominionng(m): 5:44pm On Apr 18, 2018
kopell:
let be clear here, are you installing POP by it’s self or mixing it with that plastic pvc ceiling. Little advise when you’re negotiate for the POP, make sure they tell you the thickness. I’ll recommend 12-16 mm thickness is better, this may depends on your budget.

Thickness alone doesn't guarantee a strong precast POP board sir. Installers can increase the volume of water, then reduce the quantity of POP cement to achieve your desired thickness. Vibrations or introducing ceiling speakers to your POP, then cracks starts springing up.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 6:41pm On Apr 18, 2018
The BIG one is Here
ChEkItAuT Nigeria & Company.
Now
ChEkItAuT Nigeria Limited. RC: 1487110
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 6:48pm On Apr 18, 2018
You will need 1697pcs of 60x60 floor tiles
If the tiles is packed 4pcs in a carton you will need
424 cartons and 1pcs which equivalent to 611meters.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 7:10pm On Apr 18, 2018
Chekitaut:
The BIG one is Here ChEkItAuT Nigeria & Company. Now ChEkItAuT Nigeria Limited. RC: 1487110
Congrats man...U don go far...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 7:12pm On Apr 18, 2018
rotecch77:
You will need 1697pcs of 60x60 floor tiles
424 cartons and 1pcs which equivalent to 611meters.
Always try to quote people you are answering their questions. So they get to see your response easily.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 7:42pm On Apr 18, 2018
Rubbiish:
Congrats man...U don go far...
Thanks sir...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Cindino20(m): 7:53pm On Apr 18, 2018
Good day all,

Can anyone help with the current unit price of casement windows (Bulgarly proof with net embedded) with these specifications;

Tower aluminium,
16mm Bulgary proof,
Glass thickness: 5mm,
Dimension of window: 1200mm by 1200mm, 600mm by 700mm.

Also the cost of pop ceiling per sqm.

Thanks in anticipation for a favourable quote grin ; tongue

N.B

are casement windows really sound proof?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Cindino20(m): 7:54pm On Apr 18, 2018
[quote author=shosky72 post=66818354][/quote]

so na carcass you wan hand over to the person...is your post not misleading then?

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by nicemuyoo: 7:56pm On Apr 18, 2018
Thank you Mr rotecch. Do you still handle construction projects in lagos/ ogun?

[q1uote author=rotecch77 post=66826913]You will need 1697pcs of 60x60 floor tiles
424 cartons and 1pcs which equivalent to 611meters.[/quote]
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by nicemuyoo: 7:58pm On Apr 18, 2018
Pls what quantity would I need for the wall.
Rubbiish:

Always try to quote people you are answering their questions. So they get to see your response easily.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 8:49pm On Apr 18, 2018
Yes thanks, we are still In construction, we work across the nation.

The wall tiles
You will need 352 cartons and 10 pcs which is equivalent to 529meters.
A carton of wall tiles contains 1.5meters (15pcs)mainly nigeria and china.
BUT SPANISH AND ITALIAN ARE NOT PACKED THE SAME ALWAYS AS NIGERIA AND CHINA.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dominionng(m): 9:33pm On Apr 18, 2018
Cindino20:
Good day all,

Can anyone help with the current unit price of casement windows (Bulgarly proof with net embedded) with these specifications;

Tower aluminium,
16mm Bulgary proof,
Glass thickness: 5mm,
Dimension of window: 1200mm by 1200mm, 600mm by 700mm.

Also the cost of pop ceiling per sqm.

Thanks in anticipation for a favourable quote grin ; tongue

N.B

are casement windows really sound proof?

Cc Muyesky

Rate of POP ceiling depends on volume and type of material to be used(Precast or Plasterboard)

3,500 - 5,000/sqm

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 10:24pm On Apr 18, 2018
Dominionng:

Cc Muyesky

Rate of POP ceiling depends on volume and type of material to be used(Precast or Plasterboard)

3,500 - 5,000/sqm
What is the difference btw precast & plasterboard sir? & Which is better? Does the price above include labour & materials?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dominionng(m): 10:29pm On Apr 18, 2018
Rubbiish:

What is the difference btw precast & plasterboard sir? & Which is better? Does the price above include labour & materials?

Dominionng:

I believe your question is difference between plasterboard and local precast pop. Here are few...

• Number of design patterns are possible with plasterboard

• It makes work faster, and gives a better finish

• It is far more durable than local precast board

• It is easy to repair

• Plasterboard is fire resistance, while precast can either resist fire or not depending on the material used and process in production

• Precast is in powder form which makes your ceiling work messy and take long time.

• If there will be any leakage in future, you have a better chance with plasterboard since it can absorb twice more water than the strongest produced precast pop.

KEY POINTS:

• Above points only work for European plasterboard.

• More than 90% of plasterboard in the country are either from China or India, so you know the origin of your board when issue arises.

• Plasterboard is same with gypsum board and drywall.

That should answer your question.
And Yes, rate covers both materials and labour cost.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 10:45pm On Apr 18, 2018
Dominionng:

Thickness alone doesn't guarantee a strong precast POP board sir. Installers can increase the volume of water, then reduce the quantity of POP cement to achieve your desired thickness. Vibrations or introducing ceiling speakers to your POP, then cracks starts springing up.
hunnn �, the more you think you no the tricks the more others pump up. Thanks for sharing
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 1:10am On Apr 19, 2018
Dominionng:

That should answer your question.
And Yes, rate covers both materials and labour cost.

What is the price comparison between precast and plasterboard
POP?

Hajji M.

(1) (2) (3) ... (946) (947) (948) (949) (950) (951) (952) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Obnoxious2001(m), fabulous85 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.