Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,783 members, 7,820,744 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (952) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4404382 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (949) (950) (951) (952) (953) (954) (955) ... (3670) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by careybecky(m): 5:24pm On Apr 23, 2018
akinolaolujide:

Depends on how far you are willing to go from 150k to millions depending on the location and purpose for the drawings .
pls I need more explanation,is it 150k for the 2 designs?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by InvertedHammer: 5:27pm On Apr 23, 2018
aonag:
Hello House , I want to buy some building materials from China, from tiles to PVC ceiling, AC, Bath spa, bathroom fixtures and fittings, garage door and lighting, if possible Solar. I want to put into a 20ft container but of course, I am certain that I would not fill it up, there is no need bringing in a not full container. If there is anyone interested in shipping building materials from China, we can meet an discuss the modalities involved also it would reduce the total landing cost not just for me but anyone/persons who we both combine resources in pulling this off.. please PM me if interested. Thanks.

/
Contact Nigerian shipping agents in Guangzhou or other provinces in China. They ship and clear by cbm.

It is cheaper and will make your life a lot easier.

/

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 5:29pm On Apr 23, 2018
careybecky:

Architect will give you breakdown for your design..

Don't forget we can handle your ELECTRICAL, PLUMBING AND HVAC design
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:32pm On Apr 23, 2018
careybecky:
Pls house, what is the standard price in Lagos state for structural and architectural design for a 4 bedroom duplex and a story building bq consist of 4 room/parlor self contain

WhatsApp, 2347035596641 and 2348178706641
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by akinolaolujide(m): 5:33pm On Apr 23, 2018
careybecky:
For individual package . But please note it might only apply for just a draft working drawings and might not career for approval drawings . Also it depends on the location . And development authourities within that area.
All the best.
You are also free to contact me on 07038874438 (whatsapp and phone call) for proper breakdown and analysis. Cheers
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by careybecky(m): 5:35pm On Apr 23, 2018
akinolaolujide:

For individual package . But please note it might only apply for just a draft working drawings and might not career for approval drawings . Also it depends on the location . And development authourities within that area.
All the best.
thank you so much for your concern
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by akinolaolujide(m): 6:06pm On Apr 23, 2018
careybecky:
thank you so much for your concern
You are most welcome
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by johnson232: 6:15pm On Apr 23, 2018
careybecky:
Pls house, what is the standard price in Lagos state for structural and architectural design for a 4 bedroom duplex and a story building bq consist of 4 room/parlor self contain
If u see the standard price rate NIA stated for designs u go run...Just go for an architect u can afford. They all have varying prices according to qualification & years of practice. A professor in architecture i know will never design for u below 500k. But though he doesn't accept all job. While a graduate architect can take 50k. It is like that.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by akinolaolujide(m): 6:25pm On Apr 23, 2018
johnson232:

If u see the standard price rate NIA stated for designs u go run...Just go for an architect u can afford. They all have varying prices according to qualification & years of practice. A professor in architecture i know will never design for u below 500k. But though he doesn't accept all job. While a graduate architect can take 50k. It is like that.
My Oga it's not like that you must be careful how you choose Architect for your Project for instance if your Project is around Ikoyi VI, Lekki Phase 1,and some selected Areas you better be ready to pay proper professional fees who's is just 4.75percent of the cost of the project,(though I can still negotiate but the Architect structural and services Engineers must be registered with their individual professional bodies) or else you are going to face plenty wahala from LABSCA , BCPG etc

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by johnson232: 6:30pm On Apr 23, 2018
akinolaolujide:

My Oga it's not like that you must be careful how you choose Architect for your Project for instance if your Project is around Ikoyi VI, Lekki Phase 1,and some selected Areas you better be ready to pay proper professional fees who's is just 4.75percent of the cost of the project,(though I can still negotiate but the Architect structural and services Engineers must be registered with their individual professional bodies) or else you are going to face plenty wahala from LABSCA , BCPG etc
Of course the magnitude & location of a project will definitely influence choice of architect & engineers.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 7:52pm On Apr 23, 2018
johnson232:

Lol...na so
At an affordable rate with seal 250k for both tho location matters.
250k with no approval oo.
Architectural files might contain 20-30files
Present duplex am working on has 26files.
Location ibeju Lekki.
5bedroom duplex with pent/patio.
Construction to start middle May.
Structural files as well abt 30files.
So imagine abt 55-60files so it's pass just two design in negating one of your statement up there.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 8:20pm On Apr 23, 2018
EgunMogaji:
Question for my ibadan people. I know that there must be a place that makes/sells European style living room furniture like those you’ll find at iKea (exhibit 1).

All I’m finding are these babalawo style (exhibit 2).

KolaShangOne, and other usual suspects any thoughts?

Babalawo style �

You could get from..

1. There's a place at Trans / Ajoke plaza axis where the guy sells furniture and other things from Germany.

2. There's a place after Concord school, before high court on Ring Road. Just look up you'd see it.

3. Lifemate is at 2nd floor, Cocoa Mall.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:41pm On Apr 23, 2018
KolaShangOne:

Babalawo style �

You could get from..

1. There's a place at Trans / Ajoke plaza axis where the guy sells furniture and other things from Germany.

2. There's a place after Concord school, before high court on Ring Road. Just look up you'd see it.

3. Lifemate is at 2nd floor, Cocoa Mall.

I think I found #2

Thank you Sir.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 9:38pm On Apr 23, 2018
Interesting... if you indeed visit that VAVA store, please i'll like to have a review from you if you don't mind.

The owner is a friend and he will be most pleased to get an independent, unsolicited review, especially from someone like you.

EgunMogaji:

I think I found #2

Thank you Sir.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by careybecky(m): 10:02pm On Apr 23, 2018
johnson232:

thank you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by careybecky(m): 10:02pm On Apr 23, 2018
Timtol:

Lol...na so
At an affordable rate with seal 250k for both tho Lagos matters.
Location ibeju Lekki.
So imagine abt 55-60files so it's pass just two design in negating one of your statement up there.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:31pm On Apr 23, 2018
megacontrol:
Interesting... if you indeed visit that VAVA store, please i'll like to have a review from you if you don't mind.

The owner is a friend and he will be most pleased to get an independent, unsolicited review, especially from someone like you.

Sure thing. I should be in there sometimes next month, Insha Allah.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 1:44am On Apr 24, 2018
Timtol:

Lol...na so
At an affordable rate with seal 250k for both tho Lagos matters.
Location ibeju Lekki.
Oga waiting all these 50-60 files mean oh. are you talking about the numbers of pages in the drawing?

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by toxxnoni(m): 4:42am On Apr 24, 2018
megacontrol:
yes laterite is the red filling sand.
Actually i was initially referring to two types of sharp sand, but it appears not many are aware of the other type.

If you were using a pile foundation will you still use a sharp sand as against other cheaper alternatives

we provide inter-state services,
Our services are
1) Water borehole drilling
2) Water treatment
3) Geo-physical survey
4) Soil test / Geo-technical investigation
5) pile foundation
6) Sand search
7) Laboratory analysis
cool Installation of over-head tanks
9) Project management/Supervision and General construction.
WE RENDER OUR SERVICES ANYWHERE WITHIN NIGERIA
Call or whatsapp +2348136569906
Email astrogeotech@yahoo.com
facebook.com/astrogeotech/
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 5:17am On Apr 24, 2018
kopell:
Oga waiting all these 50-60 files mean oh. are you talking about the numbers of pages in the drawing?
Starting from the first page to the external details for architectural files and all columns drawings n details for structural files.
After all plotting of the result(the pages) on AutoCAD or any software the architect or the engineer might be using is abt 55files to 60files page by page or lemme use sheet by sheet.
We normally use e.g: sheet no; A101 till u get to d last file maybe A126
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by akinolaolujide(m): 7:14am On Apr 24, 2018
Timtol:

Starting from the first page to the external details for architectural files and all columns drawings n details for structural files.
After all plotting of the result(the pages) on AutoCAD or any software the architect or the engineer might be using is abt 55files to 60files page by page or lemme use sheet by sheet.
We normally use e.g: sheet no; A101 till u get to d last file maybe A126
It could even be more than that depending on how professional and the level of the details the client wants and also the commission given to the Architect .
All this said I know I can still get the regular 8-pages of drawings also for your project all Nash money matter
Good morning Everybody.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 10:22am On Apr 24, 2018
akinolaolujide:

It could even be more than that depending on how professional and the level of the details the client wants and also the commission given to the Architect .
All this said I know I can still get the regular 8-pages of drawings also for your project all Nash money matter
Good morning Everybody.
Exactly!
You have really spoken my mind.
Thanks.
Professionality,clients request and as said commission given to the architect.
One of my client termed it "retainment fee".
lol,there are sometimes some clients are just wonderful and understanding.
No need to talk much or even ask for some certain things before they will give one.

Well,fingers are not equal.
More of God's blessing I pray.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:41am On Apr 24, 2018
And on the flip side, full plans are on eBay for $25 (N8,750).

Here, even with stringent building practice one can have it localized for as low as $100

I fart in the general direction of Nairaland Architects that don’t include floor plans on their non owner commissioned plans.

PS: I’m not taking about salad fart. I’m talking that one when I’ve eaten ewa and boiled eggs grin

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Ourboss: 12:22pm On Apr 24, 2018
Good day to all the certified Plumbers and Electricians in the house. I need electric wiring and plumbing professional counsel for my five bed rooms building please. If possible, cost estimation analysis is highly appreciated. Thanks and remain blessed!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 12:31pm On Apr 24, 2018
Ourboss:
Good day to all the certified Plumbers and Electricians in the house. I need electric wiring and plumbing professional counsel for my five bed rooms building please. If possible, cost estimation analysis is highly appreciated. Thanks and remain blessed!

Do you have electrical and mechanical design drawings? if NO, architectural plan will be of help to generate the estimate. You can contact me
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Goroz: 1:32pm On Apr 24, 2018
Please sirs and ma'ams, I'm in urgent need of a room in surulere for rent. Please help
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 4:42pm On Apr 24, 2018
Ourboss:
Any drawing ? Let's talk 08051355133 am on whatsapp

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 8:47pm On Apr 24, 2018
Yeah
Hello house
Am here again if you house is near completion and you need Tile,water closet and sanitary wares for it then am here to hook you up with that all the way from EPIC CERAMICS
Here are some our samples

Ring us on o81 57 ooo 9o8

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 8:50pm On Apr 24, 2018
Epicceramics01@gmail.com

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:21pm On Apr 24, 2018
What has been seen, unfortunately cannot be unseen.

I can't believe that people that worked for their money are buying some of this outrightly garish stuff.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 10:13pm On Apr 24, 2018
ThatHistoryGuy:
Yeah
Hello house
Am here again if you house is near completion and you need Tile,water closet and sanitary wares for it then am here to hook you up with that all the way from EPIC CERAMICS
Here are some our samples

Please stop posting advertisement in this forum.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Oju4190: 2:35am On Apr 25, 2018
Guday All....pls which metal is best for building a tank stand.....is it H beam or steel pipe. And how much will it cost for constructing one of two tank for a bungalow....tanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (949) (950) (951) (952) (953) (954) (955) ... (3670) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Iriruaga100(m), topsy23 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.