Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,042 members, 7,818,090 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (953) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4393770 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (950) (951) (952) (953) (954) (955) (956) ... (3668) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 3:13am On Apr 25, 2018
Oju4190:
Guday All....pls which metal is best for building a tank stand.....is it H beam or steel pipe. And how much will it cost for constructing one of two tank for a bungalow....tanks

We just discussed this about 5 pages ago.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by WorldAmbassador: 6:38am On Apr 25, 2018
Oju4190:
Guday All....pls which metal is best for building a tank stand.....is it H beam or steel pipe. And how much will it cost for constructing one of two tank for a bungalow....tanks

@Oju4190. In my opinion, H-beam is stronger as long as you're using original(When I went to buy mine, they showed me the fake ones and the original ones). I used 4mm thick H- beams to build my 40-feet water tank stand. It cost me just under 1 million naira.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Oju4190: 6:50am On Apr 25, 2018
WorldAmbassador:

@Oju4190. In my opinion, H-beam is stronger as long as you're using original(When I went to buy mine, they showed me the fake ones and the original ones). I used 4mm thick H- beams to build my 40-feet water tank stand. It cost me just under 1 million naira.
tanks so much God bless u
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 6:50am On Apr 25, 2018
how many floors is your building?

WorldAmbassador:

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by WorldAmbassador: 7:34am On Apr 25, 2018
megacontrol:
how many floors is your building?

2-storey building-2 upper floors
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by johnson232: 8:19am On Apr 25, 2018
Oju4190:
Since your building is a bungalow, galvanized pipe will do, u don't need H beam.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:21am On Apr 25, 2018
Greetings to every member of the house.
Can i still achieve conduit piping for plumbing works if i use 6inches SOLID block for my building? Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 9:41am On Apr 25, 2018
skelefish:
Greetings to every member of the house.
Can i still achieve conduit piping for plumbing works if i use 6inches SOLID block for my building? Thanks.

cc rotecch77 topsy23

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 10:29am On Apr 25, 2018
Thanks Twins Kenny.
@op it's very possible, your vent pipe will be 50mm, you can call for more explanation on how to do it.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 10:34am On Apr 25, 2018
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 10:35am On Apr 25, 2018
Oju190, you can still use H beam smaller size like 50mm if your water tank is more than 15000 gallons

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 12:22pm On Apr 25, 2018
twinskenny:

Thank u my brother.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 12:23pm On Apr 25, 2018
rotecch77:
Thanks Twins Kenny.
@op it's very possible, your vent pipe will be 50mm, you can call for more explanation on how to do it.
Thank u brother, but i thought vent pipe are usually 100mm?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 12:26pm On Apr 25, 2018
Can anyone be kind enough to explain the advantages of 6inch hollow over 6inch solid. Why the widespread use of hollow as against solid blocks. I am thinking less consumption of materials because of the hollow. Any suggestions?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 1:13pm On Apr 25, 2018
skelefish:

Thank u brother, but i thought vent pipe are usually 100mm?

In this type of case you can use 50mm, it's just to allow free passage of air into the water closet to give proper flushing.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Oju4190: 4:20pm On Apr 25, 2018
johnson232:

Since your building is a bungalow, galvanized pipe will do, u don't need H beam.
OK tanks....but why do u say so because I just need something that is durable
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Oju4190: 4:22pm On Apr 25, 2018
johnson232:

is galvanized pipe same as steel pipe?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Empiree: 4:23pm On Apr 25, 2018
diordaves:
https://www.nairaland.com/4436147/families-disagree-over-building-renovation

I'm in a similar situation and may be forced to do same. Inheritance, African style. So funny.
funny. Just wondering how the left side roof was renovated �� grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Empiree: 4:35pm On Apr 25, 2018
EgunMogaji:

I've seen it happen too in regular families. It has to do more with egos in my opinion.

I know Ajeigbe junction very well, and the Ajeigbes too actually.
agree.. it is not really about polygamous family. This can as well happen in simple family home if the children don't cooperate.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Empiree: 4:41pm On Apr 25, 2018
spyder880:
Meanwhile, why throw away good money buying expensive door alarms when you can get creative. You can always set you door alarm and sleep, if any burglar tries to open your door at night, the crash will wake you up grin
burglar can take the utensils quitely one by one nau cheesy grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Empiree: 4:48pm On Apr 25, 2018
Mecoy:
Hello, please i need opinions on this crazy idea of mine.

I have to sandfill a plot of land beside a river, the soil is terrible and gets swampy at times.

For the first layer of fill, i intend to use some sharp sand from the river properly tied in sacks to achieve about 500mm layer.

What do you guys think
sell it to babatunde fashola and save yourself migraine
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by johnson232: 7:09pm On Apr 25, 2018
Oju4190:
is galvanized pipe same as steel pipe?
Yes sir. It is actually galvanized steel pipe.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by johnson232: 7:14pm On Apr 25, 2018
Oju4190:
OK tanks....but why do u say so because I just need something that is durable
I say so because it can serve the purpose effectively.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:18pm On Apr 25, 2018
rotecch77:

In this type of case you can use 50mm, it's just to allow free passage of air into the water closet to give proper flushing.
Thanks alot brother.
But in a case of using 6inches hollow, one can make use of 100mm?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 7:56pm On Apr 25, 2018
skelefish:

Thanks alot brother.
But in a case of using 6inches hollow, one can make use of 100mm?

Yes, but only professional plumber can handle this
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 8:20pm On Apr 25, 2018
rotecch77:

Yes, but only professional plumber can handle this

Explain how a non professional plumber will go about it?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 10:41pm On Apr 25, 2018
That will be definitely difficult for me to explain to non professional plumber from here.

Bcs no pics of the said project which I will use to explain to him.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by akinolaolujide(m): 7:02am On Apr 26, 2018
[quote author=Empiree post=67024387] sell it to babatunde fashola and save yourself migraine[/quote
Very good advice, it might sound funny but ist very good.
If you are first time building client you don't have business causing problems for yourself just try get a good land that will afford you better sleep and conserve you financies.
I once advices a friend like that he refused and even stopped greeting after a river was sold to him around mode. After building for 4years he is still yet too roof and spending plenty money on the project.
Now he is back to his senses and finally sold it to another JJC and bought a piece of land in a dry place just less that 6mknths he he has roofed the place nah money for Windows Nd doors he dry find.
Except for clients experienced in building or those who has a lot of financies to commit to the project I mean plenty millions any land close to river or too sloppy should be avoided.
All the best.]

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 9:54am On Apr 26, 2018
rotecch77:
That will be definitely difficult for me to explain to non professional plumber from here.

Bcs no pics of the said project which I will use to explain to him.

Weldon boss, it can only be analyze or explain if the said site is visited, The whole wall could be pulled down in the process of chasing the wall if it is not properly handle. Best is to reduce the 100mm(4inch) pipe to 50mm(2inch) using reducer for the Vent OR if the plumber can manage to fixed 75mm(3inch) pipe that would be better also.

Weldon boss.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jayooh: 11:33am On Apr 26, 2018
For epoxy floor and protective coating; industrial line markings, or roof water proofing, kindly contact me: 09030305518
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 2:24pm On Apr 26, 2018
bixton:

Explain how a non professional plumber will go about it?

I was expecting you to ask why should a non professional plumber handle any job at all? Is a non professional not a pretender after any profession?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (950) (951) (952) (953) (954) (955) (956) ... (3668) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: stnkembu(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.