Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:05 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (986) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4367626 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (983) (984) (985) (986) (987) (988) (989) ... (3662) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dejavus: 2:11pm On Jun 16, 2018
dejavus:

if properly designed from the start, i don't see any issue in adopting the bedroom on the ground floor for your own use in the future.

The key for me in any design is the ability to make changes in the future, I like flexible designs not too rigid for a specific purpose while being fully functional.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cjrane: 2:50pm On Jun 16, 2018
Daboomb:

P-L-E-A-SE ...DONT BE TEMPTED! DONT USE GRAVEL!! DONT DO IT!!!
HOLD-ON AND SAVE MORE.

YOU WILL ALWAYS BE WORRIED, EACH TIME YOU REMEMBER WHAT YOU DID.
THIS IS A TWO STOREY, NOT A BUNGALOW!
ITS BETTER TO SPEND EXTRA AND HAVE PEACE OF MIND, THAN TO BE SORRY!
IT IS VERY EAASY FOR DECKS TO COLLAPSE, BECAUSE OF THE WEIGHT THEY HAVE TO SUPPORT! undecided
REMEMBER, LIFE HAS NO DUPLICATE.
LET THOSE THAT HAVE EARS.........HEAR. undecided undecided
MAY GOD GIVE YOU WISDOM.

NB: I was 'shouting' intentionally (All Caps), because l want youto hear me. angry
Something in me is ringing an alarm bell right now and over time, my hunch rarely goes wrong!
PLEASE, l take God beg you.

Sir,
With due respect, i think you a deliberately trying to mislead people. Perhaps, you are a gravel seller and using the usual Nigerian style of raising false alarm about a competing product to make people come buy yours.

You posted a collapsed building that had nothing to do with gravel or granite. But you won't see collapsed buildings built with gravel here.

The most reason for building collapse in Nigeria is cement quality and steel rods used. Most Nigerian buidlings don't go beyond 8 floors which can comfortably with built with gravel.

Funny that all the 4-6 storey buildings built in the 1970s in Onitsha with gravel are still there and strong. Yet the modern ones built with granite are collapsing? WHY?? Cement and steel rods only?

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sameniceguy(m): 3:00pm On Jun 16, 2018
dejavus:

if properly designed from the start, i don't see any issue in adopting the bedroom on the ground floor for your own use in the future.

Thanks for the inputs.
Pls any idea of how much i should pay for a good drawing (structural, electrical, plumbing...) for 4 edroom duplex in ph
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cjrane: 3:50pm On Jun 16, 2018
Daboomb:

P-L-E-A-SE ...DONT BE TEMPTED! DONT USE GRAVEL!! DONT DO IT!!!
HOLD-ON AND SAVE MORE.

YOU WILL ALWAYS BE WORRIED, EACH TIME YOU REMEMBER WHAT YOU DID.
THIS IS A TWO STOREY, NOT A BUNGALOW!
ITS BETTER TO SPEND EXTRA AND HAVE PEACE OF MIND, THAN TO BE SORRY!
IT IS VERY EAASY FOR DECKS TO COLLAPSE, BECAUSE OF THE WEIGHT THEY HAVE TO SUPPORT! undecided
REMEMBER, LIFE HAS NO DUPLICATE.
LET THOSE THAT HAVE EARS.........HEAR. undecided undecided
MAY GOD GIVE YOU WISDOM.

NB: I was 'shouting' intentionally (All Caps), because l want youto hear me. angry
Something in me is ringing an alarm bell right now and over time, my hunch rarely goes wrong!
PLEASE, l take God beg you.

if what you said has any iota of truth in it, why are all these gravel buildings built in the 1970s and 1980s still standing? grin grin grin grin grin

Yeye dey smell.

Just tell us your granite shop and beg us to patronize you and not tell lies unnecessarily.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by InvertedHammer: 10:05pm On Jun 16, 2018
I am from that part of Anambra where gravel (brownish stones) are in abundance. Rarely do you see houses built with granite. I am yet to hear of buildings collapsing around my area. Granite is better but gravel gets the job done as well. It is a matter of choice and how much one can get sucked in by granite suppliers. I did all my works in the village with gravel and have never had any issues. Order washed gravel that comes with limited sand and your work will stand the test of time.

*/

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 10:40pm On Jun 16, 2018
cjrane:

if what you said has any iota of truth in it, why are all these gravel buildings built in the 1970s and 1980s still standing? grin grin grin grin grin

Yeye dey smell.

Just tell us your granite shop and beg us to patronize you and not tell lies unnecessarily.
See a 8storey North Central kwara

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 10:43pm On Jun 16, 2018
Timtol:

If well observed you will discover that no visible column except d ground floor.
The drop beam was being used.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tbaby4u(f): 7:45am On Jun 17, 2018
tobbyboy2011:
I am interested. Send me a message on whatsapp: 08152724591

Hello, I'm sorry I'm just seeing your message now. the land has been sold. My brother lives there, will ask him if there's any other available genuine land from other family members
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 7:57am On Jun 17, 2018
In terms of durability and reliability which is better between interlock paving stone and stamped concrete? Any pointers would be appreciated.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 8:27am On Jun 17, 2018
Bimpsyyyyy:
I need a comprehensive and self explanatory estimate of a building.
I want to build and I don't know who to call
I need architectural, structural, mechanical and electrical drawing and 3d
I want a professional advice in consteuction
Everything you need now is not far fetched again, just beckon on me, a reliable and qualified female engineer for the solution. Call me on 09069193297,whatsapp on 07051805606, adebimpeakinrinola@gmail.com

Open a thread and lets see your works. Ads not allowed on this thread!!

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MrJohnson1987: 11:36am On Jun 17, 2018
Hi Great minds of Nairaland
This is to formally appologies to Mr.Raphael aka ThatHistoryguy here on Nairaland. I am terribly sorry for calling you out here for no just cause.
My tiler finished with the tilling yesterday and told me the tile was complete to 160m² as he(Raphael) said it would. Please pardon my ignorance.You have earned my trust and as I told you when I came to your place am into real estate development now,so I promise you that whenever I need tiles and all you sell,I will always call for you delivery. Raphael I hope you truly forgive.

Thanks to all that contributed in one way or the other to resolving this misunderstanding .

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MrJohnson1987: 11:47am On Jun 17, 2018
DUNKA:
In terms of durability and reliability which is better between interlock paving stone and stamped concrete? Any pointers would be appreciated.

Hi Dunka

If you can afford concrete stamp pls go for it
Cus while interlock is good concrete stamp is better
Interlock is hard to maintain cus it grows weeds very easily due to the sand in between the stones and if any of the stones unlocks and gets out its easy for the rest to follow up and soon the place will become a mess. But such is never the case with Concrete stamp though it may grow weed if not maintained for long but its far better than interlock.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 12:15pm On Jun 17, 2018
cjrane:

Yeye dey smell.

This look like onitsha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 1:47pm On Jun 17, 2018
[quote author=InvertedHammer post=68552497]I am from that part of Anambra where gravel (brownish stones) are in abundance. Rarely do you see houses built with granite. I am yet to hear of buildings collapsing around my area. Granite is better but gravel gets the job done as well. It is a matter of choice and how much one can get sucked in by granite suppliers. I did all my works in the village with gravel and have never had any issues. Order washed gravel that comes with limited sand and your work will stand the test of time.) INVERTEDHAMMAER.I agreed with you

Both are very good for construction work
But if you are able to get your granite very easy in your region there is no crime with that.

I did simple cost comparison btw the two and I see that if both are in your region it will be good to go for granite just because if you buy gravel and do the washing remove that sand what will be left we equal or less to granite so it better I go for granite without any stress and waste

As a said earlier both are good.

Could you believed that MURITALA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (local wing) was build with gravel.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dremca(m): 4:07pm On Jun 17, 2018
Please, how does an 80years old woman get to the last floor without elevator?
Timtol:

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 6:49pm On Jun 17, 2018
MrJohnson1987:
This is to formally appologies to Mr.Raphael aka ThatHistoryguy here on Nairaland. I am terribly sorry for calling you out here for no just cause.
My tiler finished with the tilling yesterday and told me the tile was complete to 160m² as he(Raphael) said it would. Please pardon my ignorance.You have earned my trust and as I told you when I came to your place am into real estate development now,so I promise you that whenever I need tiles and all you sell,I will always call for you delivery. Raphael I hope you truly forgive.

Thanks to all that contributed in one way or the other to resolving this misunderstanding .

Thank you for this kind of apology in a public forum. Some people feel too big to do this. I respect you. Thanks.

Note: Your tiles selection are beautiful too.

Hajji M.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 6:54pm On Jun 17, 2018
Dremca:

You are talking about 80 years old grandma, what about me of 40 years old, climbing the 8 stories will be a workout.
If our Govt can only supply us constant electricity, Naija would have been greater.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by earthrealm(m): 6:56pm On Jun 17, 2018
whats our take on this new casement window with inbuilt protector.
ie 16mm rods are enased in alumunuin and tied/welded together at the top.

some people say such are not strong, and stand alone protectors are stronger

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 7:15pm On Jun 17, 2018
MrJohnson1987:

Its no issue sir
You are my client and its my job to give you the best
It was nice doing business with you and I hope to give you the best when next you come.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aventures(m): 7:37pm On Jun 17, 2018
Bimpsyyyyy:
I need a comprehensive and self explanatory estimate of a building.
I want to build and I don't know who to call
I need architectural, structural, mechanical and electrical drawing and 3d
I want a professional advice in consteuction
Everything you need now is not far fetched again, just beckon on me, a reliable and qualified female engineer for the solution. Call me on 09069193297,whatsapp on 07051805606, adebimpeakinrinola@gmail.com

So interesting to see a courageous female in this field. I have built about 4 massive structures designed by female architect I can tell you they compete very well and quite meticulous.
@ Adebimpe, kindly open your own thread and post links here and there, show case your strength via your past and recent work, I can assure sky is the starting point for you. Good luck

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aventures(m): 7:43pm On Jun 17, 2018
MrJohnson1987:

Waoh!!! This quite lovely. Respect sir for high level of humility. Greater heights.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 7:47pm On Jun 17, 2018
Aventures:
Waoh!!! This quite lovely. Respect sir for high level of humility. Greater heights.

Mr Johnson is the meek type,very humble
You needed to see the way he was gistting and playing with me as if we were mate when he came to my place.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adewaleID: 8:36pm On Jun 17, 2018
Good to see and hear of excellent people amongst ourselves. grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FADEO: 9:22pm On Jun 17, 2018
what is the process of doing a soil test and i need a good and reliable engineer to carry out the soil test for me in Port Harcourt
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 11:06pm On Jun 17, 2018
Dremca:
This fall my hand oo...God save us in Naija
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by educhigo: 10:10am On Jun 18, 2018
pls urgent advise needed,picture of the building added,i am not in nigeria i sending money down to build 3unit of flat bungalow in asaba delta state and the place is not watering land but my engineer said that i must concrete the foundation before laying blocks but i'm insist that no need because is bungalow actually the land slope small

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 10:44am On Jun 18, 2018
educhigo:
pls urgent advise needed,picture of the building added,i am not in nigeria i sending money down to build 3unit of flat bungalow in asaba delta state and the place is not watering land but my engineer said that i must concrete the foundation before laying blocks but i'm insist that no need because is bungalow actually the land slope small
The concrete your engineer is talking about is footing & it is a must for foundation before u lay block. I believe it is not that type of raft foundation they use in waterlogged areas.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by educhigo: 10:58am On Jun 18, 2018
ok,thank you so much
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 11:03am On Jun 18, 2018
educhigo:
nice design

(1) (2) (3) ... (983) (984) (985) (986) (987) (988) (989) ... (3662) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.