Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,119 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4394182 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (3668) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 4:31pm On Oct 03, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Thanks Man, I appreciate your comments as you are unique in knowing AmeriLondon Vs Naija landscape and running shyte remotely.

The rain is a double edge sword. I need it to help compress the filings but it's stopping filing from getting to site in the first place shocked

But it's a nice stress and actually a nice distraction from daily hustle over here grin
I know.hence I decided to get down December. I'm counting down now I can say I can't wait to tear shut down grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 4:35pm On Oct 03, 2015
gabbytabby:
Quite a number of my dad's tenants have been more than family to us. My brother was using one and he was doing a good job. Next thing I know his relatives started calling him ode and things started to go south.

I find that you also have to be fair with your request if it is taking people away from their means of livelihood then you need to insist on them being compensated even if they say there is no need.

I absolutely insist on paying or at least buying gifts for situations as you stated.

I think, maybe hope, that this will reduce any attempt to fleece.

It's an important advice Ma.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abdulwastecx(m): 8:30pm On Oct 03, 2015
Miscellaneous:

please which software did u use for that design? And please can anyone help me with the name of software used in structural design? I have been seeing guys in older threads talk about Revit and Orion.... are both for str. design & which is better to learn?

Orion is a good structural software...
good detailing for slab, beam, column and footings.

RCD ( reinforced concrete design software ) is a good made in Nigeria software for accurate structural design. it was developed by oyenuga.

RCC is a good excel spreadsheet for reinforced concrete design and bending schedules

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 11:21pm On Oct 03, 2015
erico2k2:

I know.hence I decided to get down December. I'm counting down now I can say I can't wait to tear shut down grin grin grin

I just might be down there in the same timeframe though highly unlikely but who knows.

I have my travel documents for early next year though, it's time to thrust a structure into the Mogaana Village skyline In Sha Allah grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 11:23pm On Oct 03, 2015
@ KolaShangOne I hope you're happy now grin

Oh wait, perhaps you prefer cutlass? sad

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 12:04am On Oct 04, 2015
EgunMogaji:

What is this Sprayer for?

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 12:08am On Oct 04, 2015
mufutau55:

What is this Sprayer for?

Hajji M.

To tame KolaShangOne's decomposable vegetations around the compound.

I'll carry this on but buy the chemicals from Nigeria. I'm sure they have way more potent shyte than we do. No FDA or as such nonsense grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adanny01(m): 12:15am On Oct 04, 2015
abdulwastecx:

RCD ( reinforced concrete design software ) is a good made in Nigeria software for accurate structural design. it was developed by oyenuga.

RCC is a good excel spreadsheet for reinforced concrete design and bending schedules

Which would you recommend for commercial purposes.

Have you tried ETABS?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 12:18am On Oct 04, 2015
EgunMogaji:

To tame KolaShangOne's decomposable vegetations around the compound.
I'll carry this on but buy the chemicals from Nigeria. I'm sure they have way more potent shyte than we do. No FDA or as such nonsense grin

OK. I like the backpack one better... I am sure they still have Gamaline 20 in Naija, an old chemical.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 12:26am On Oct 04, 2015
mufutau55:

OK. I like the backpack one better... I am sure they still have Gamaline 20 in Naija, an old chemical.

Hajji M.

Of course Boss, when you have acres like you then you'll need the backpack version grin

Me, I have a small postage stamp size lot cheesy

Seriously, I looked hard at the backpack version but can't foresee future usability for something of its size.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 12:56am On Oct 04, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Of course Boss, when you have acres like you then you'll need the backpack version grin
Me, I have a small postage stamp size lot cheesy
Seriously, I looked hard at the backpack version but can't foresee future usability for something of its size.

LOL!

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 1:02am On Oct 04, 2015
mufutau55:

LOL!

Hajji M.

I thought crop dusting (not the office type for Gods sakes) might be a bit much grin

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 1:14am On Oct 04, 2015
EgunMogaji:

I thought crop dusting (not the office type for Gods sakes) might be a bit much grin

The reasons why I always like you. I know you will still come up with something laughable..
I will only need that for my agricultural field, unless I want to spray the whole neighborhood. smiley

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 6:26am On Oct 04, 2015
mufutau55:

The reasons why I always like you. I know you will still come up with something laughable..
I will only need that for my agricultural field, unless I want to spray the whole neighborhood. smiley

Hajji M.

Yeah, especially if you are spraying the whole neighborhood with crisp $1 bills from that aircraft grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 7:10am On Oct 04, 2015
gabbytabby:
Quite a number of my dad's tenants have been more than family to us. My brother was using one and he was doing a good job. Next thing I know his relatives started calling him ode and things started to go south.

I find that you also have to be fair with your request if it is taking people away from their means of livelihood then you need to insist on them being compensated even if they say there is no need.

Very correct Madam..

@EgunMogaji No system is entirely incorruptible. I once had a trusted guy who had access to site anytime because I gave him a key. There was a day I left site early and he told me they had finished using all d blocks we bought. Next morning, I saw already stacked 400 blocks.

What he did was, they had about 70 blocks remaining d previous day, so he just told d supplier to bring 330 more blocks so he will gain d money for the 70 blocks. I later found out.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 7:20am On Oct 04, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Loool EgunMogaji sha

Its too late now for the grasses in d building area. Some of the earth dug from the foundation has already buried d grass. It won't affect your building (remove all stumps n decomposing wood) so no need to bring that helicopter sprayer.. Except U want to spray dollars like Oga Spyder said..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:24am On Oct 04, 2015
KolaShangOne:

Very correct Madam..

@EgunMogaji No system is entirely incorruptible. I once had a trusted guy who had access to site anytime because I gave him a key. There was a day I left site early and he told me they had finished using all d blocks we bought. Next morning, I saw already stacked 400 blocks.

What he did was, they had about 70 blocks remaining d previous day, so he just told d supplier to bring 330 more blocks so he will gain d money for the 70 blocks. I later found out.

You're absolutely right, no system is infallible. We can only try to plug any loopholes as we detect them and hope our loss hasn't been too much.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:32am On Oct 04, 2015
KolaShangOne:

Loool EgunMogaji sha

Its too late now for the grasses in d building area. Some of the earth dug from the foundation has already buried d grass. It won't affect your building (remove all stumps n decomposing wood) so no need to bring that helicopter sprayer.. Except U want to spray dollars like Oga Spyder said..

I'm not worried about any insignificant growth that might have been buried and I'm completely comfortable with my foundation, completely. There's nothing there that I haven't seen on any of the major builders site on here, even those massive Lekki type builds grin

All debris will of course be removed prior to commencing filing.

But just to be sure I think I need to have one of your staff do an onsite visit. I'm thinking this requires someone highly skilled like an Engineer though Hajj may disagree sad
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 9:37am On Oct 04, 2015
EgunMogaji:

I'm not worried about any insignificant growth that might have been buried and I'm completely comfortable with my foundation, completely. There's nothing there that I haven't seen on any of the major builders site on here, even those massive Lekki type builds grin

All debris will of course be removed prior to commencing filing.

But just to be sure I think I need to have one of your staff do an onsite visit. I'm thinking this requires someone highly skilled like an Engineer though Hajj may disagree sad

Just pay visiting fee.. (In dollars) and one of the male Engineers will be there in a flash.. grin I'm sure Hajn will be comfortable with that

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abouzaid: 9:56am On Oct 04, 2015
Miscellaneous:

please which software did u use for that design? And please can anyone help me with the name of software used in structural design? I have been seeing guys in older threads talk about Revit and Orion.... are both for str. design & which is better to learn?
i used archicad for the design, it's strictly for architectural design and when i use it for structural design, it's usually for buildings going for approval and the extra work isn't much felt. (structural design have to be done manually for it). the latest version of revit has structural design abilities built into it but what would be most appropriate for you to learn would depend on what type of work you intend to do and what your colleagues are doing. structural design for a bridge and a four bedroom duplex are entirely different things. archicad is the easiest to learn of all those applications.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abdulwastecx(m): 12:08pm On Oct 04, 2015
abouzaid:
i used archicad for the design, it's strictly for architectural design and when i use it for structural design, it's usually for buildings going for approval and the extra work isn't much felt. (structural design have to be done manually for it). the latest version of revit has structural design abilities built into it but what would be most appropriate for you to learn would depend on what type of work you intend to do and what your colleagues are doing. structural design for a bridge and a four bedroom duplex are entirely different things. archicad is the easiest to learn of all those applications.

revit architecture should be the easiest among all architectural software

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 12:28pm On Oct 04, 2015
abdulwastecx:

Another one that I wanted to learn but alas it won't run on a Mac directly.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abouzaid: 1:21pm On Oct 04, 2015
abdulwastecx:

and now we end up confusing the guy. anyway, what's best for him depends more on what he is trying to achieve, he sounds more like an engineering student than an architecture student. the revit vs archicad war is one that would never end so let's let it slide.@pic, the backside, currently too distracted to finish up the modeling

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Graceovereffort(f): 2:58pm On Oct 04, 2015
Seriously learning alot from able teachers here. I build my knowledge as i silently follow up,u guys dont just know how much.Hajji M.,Egunmogaji,Kolashangone,spyder880,Gabbytabby and ALL OF US,thank u

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 3:55pm On Oct 04, 2015
Hajj and FastShipping, help me find Damp Proof Membrane for sale online stateside, I've seen and read many threads online but I can't actually find it for sale online.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 4:59pm On Oct 04, 2015
EgunMogaji:
Hajj and FastShipping, help me find Damp Proof Membrane for sale online stateside, I've seen and read many threads online but I can't actually find it for sale online.

Why do you need to get it online? Go to Home Depot or Lowes.

The ones I saw for sale online are in the U.K.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:01pm On Oct 04, 2015
FastShipping:

Why do you need to get it online? Go to Home Depot or Lowes.

The ones I saw for sale online are in the U.K.

Yeah I saw the Uk ones too.

Some of my better deals are online, sometimes you can get direct from manufacturers or wholesalers.

Home Lowes as a last resort.

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by darenyx(m): 5:10pm On Oct 04, 2015
abouzaid:

Archicad+artlantis gives you this.. . For structural design, I recommend csc orion 18, etabs.. easiest to master with loads of tutorials online..

If you can use torrent, you can also download dummy series for the various software and Lynda series

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 7:05pm On Oct 04, 2015
EgunMogaji:

I just might be down there in the same timeframe though highly unlikely but who knows.

I have my travel documents for early next year though, it's time to thrust a structure into the Mogaana Village skyline In Sha Allah grin
No problem, all is well, the sand must rise December grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 8:54pm On Oct 04, 2015
spyder880:

Yeah, especially if you are spraying the whole neighborhood with crisp $1 bills from that aircraft grin grin

LOL!! Oga Spyder.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Miscellaneous(m): 9:49pm On Oct 04, 2015
abdulwastecx:

Thanks a bunch man. I appreciate but if I may ask, is this RCD fully efficient such that there would be no need to incoporate Orion into the drawing? Please enlighten me……… Again, someone specifically said the str. design for a duplex & bridge is different, of course; I would like to ask if the RCD can serve both purpose...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Miscellaneous(m): 9:54pm On Oct 04, 2015
abouzaid:
and now we end up confusing the guy. anyway, what's best for him depends more on what he is trying to achieve, he sounds more like an engineering student than an architecture student. the revit vs archicad war is one that would never end so let's let it slide.@pic, the backside, currently too distracted to finish up the modeling

@pic…… sorry to say but why does the design looks like a shadow has been cast on it? It looks shabby & hence, not beautiful. I thought archicad will have better graphics but sadly, it's behind autocad.

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (3668) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Rany4all(m), Aduragbemi45(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.