Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,278 members, 7,811,827 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:25 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4374426 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (3663) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by back2sender: 12:54pm On Oct 06, 2015
Please anyone in the house knows the cost of the following items now in the market.

1 tonne of 16mm rod
1 tonne of 12 mm rod
1 tonne of 10 mm rod.

How can we know if the iron rods are full length , any checklist.

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chidexxy007(m): 1:56pm On Oct 06, 2015
nice threads........... please can anyone tell me the process involved in constructing a small residential waterfall and how much it could cost?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 2:01pm On Oct 06, 2015
chidexxy007:
nice threads........... please can anyone tell me the process involved in constructing a small residential waterfall and how much it could cost?

Nice initiative, please post pics of your progress.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 06, 2015
@ Olaban, if you can't follow simple rules, which you acknowledge exists, why would anyone trust you to follow rules in business dealings?

We sometimes are our own worst enemies.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chidexxy007(m): 2:12pm On Oct 06, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Nice initiative, please post pics of your progress.
haven't started it though........just suggested it to the owner of the site am working in presently, still waiting his approval.
just want to acquaint myself with the cost and processes so i wont so i no go fall hands with an under estimate........

would post pics if he approves though.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 2:35pm On Oct 06, 2015
EgunMogaji:
@ Olaban, if you can't follow simple rules, which you acknowledge exists, why would anyone trust you to follow rules in business dealings?

Thanks Brother. Reported to Moderator, no action as of yet.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 2:58pm On Oct 06, 2015
EgunMogaji:

well said
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 3:05pm On Oct 06, 2015
twinskenny:

well said

I'm thinking about something right up your alley.

I want to remotely monitor my site in 9ja from here.

There's no power yet in the area so will have to rely on solar. Smile network had a strong signal.

Is there anything prepackaged available or I'll have to cobble it together?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 3:16pm On Oct 06, 2015
EgunMogaji:

I'm thinking about something right up your alley.

I want to remotely monitor my site in 9ja from here.

There's no power yet in the area so will have to rely on solar. Smile network had a strong signal.

Is there anything prepackaged available or I'll have to cobble it together?

A client of mine in ibadan contacted smile for a static IP which will enable him to monitor his house remotely.. unfortunately they are charging a ridiculous amount according to him.. here in lagos with swift remote IP is free.

you might need to contact smile and find out how much they charge for static IP
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somez(m): 3:39pm On Oct 06, 2015
Welcome to the world of FRACAN INTERNATIONAL AGENCY, the last word in making FIRST IMPRESSION ! For truly international Aluminum Composite panels beauty is not merely skin deep . The quality management system in FIA Is effective , responsive to change and should be considered an exemplary benchmark embracing the intent of international standard. Our qroducts are tested in inhouse testing laboratory with inspection being carried out at each stage of the manufacturing process. Do feel free to call us as we deliver and install NATIONWIDE! 08063628972 or 08066623572

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somez(m): 3:42pm On Oct 06, 2015
Fracan International Agency is a number stop shop for quality environment qroducts in Abuja. In the cause of our " clean is green campaign " to foster an hygienic environment in Nigeria, we have come with a cost slash of all our products!! Our 240 plastic bin now goes for N23,000! DO FEEL FREE TO CALL US TODAY ON- 08063628972 OR 08066623572.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 4:35pm On Oct 06, 2015
Groooaaannnn....
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abdulwastecx(m): 9:25pm On Oct 06, 2015
back2sender:
Please anyone in the house knows the cost of the following items now in the market.

1 tonne of 16mm rod
1 tonne of 12 mm rod
1 tonne of 10 mm rod.

How can we know if the iron rods are full length , any checklist.

Thanks

better go to the market with your meters rule. the length of the bar should be 12m.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abdulwastecx(m): 9:38pm On Oct 06, 2015
abouzaid:
i used archicad for the design, it's strictly for architectural design and when i use it for structural design, it's usually for buildings going for approval and the extra work isn't much felt. (structural design have to be done manually for it). the latest version of revit has structural design abilities built into it but what would be most appropriate for you to learn would depend on what type of work you intend to do and what your colleagues are doing. structural design for a bridge and a four bedroom duplex are entirely different things. archicad is the easiest to learn of all those applications.

orion is one of the best reinforced concrete design software around:
fast and precise detailing to suit your need
adequate bending schedules to help you your bill of quantities
it also help you with quantity extraction for concrete work, formwork and reinforcement.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abouzaid: 10:41pm On Oct 06, 2015
abdulwastecx:

orion is one of the best reinforced concrete design software around:
fast and precise detailing to suit your need
adequate bending schedules to help you your bill of quantities
it also help you with quantity extraction for concrete work, formwork and reinforcement.
to be honest, I'm not really heavy into structural design, just basic drawing to get a building approval but i will check out Orion before the end of the year to see what it has to offer. how's your day?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 11:48pm On Oct 06, 2015
abdulwastecx:

better go to the market with your meters rule. the length of the bar should be 12m.

I want to understand this as I am a student of learning artisan crookeries.

Iron bars are bent from factory. So for the length to be short that means that:

1) Bars are lengthened, cut down and then rebent. I think not very likely.

or

2) Both ends are cut short. What use can two little short cuts offer them?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 2:56am On Oct 07, 2015
EgunMogaji:

I want to understand this as I am a student of learning artisan crookeries.
Iron bars are bent from factory. So for the length to be short that means that:
1) Bars are lengthened, cut down and then rebent. I think not very likely.
or
2) Both ends are cut short. What use can two little short cuts offer them?

Anything can happen in Nigeria Oga mi o. Remember the blocks Spyder showed one time, instead of the blocks to be 9inches it was actually 8inches.
Imagine that... Sometimes when Naija business guy made the order, he can tell them to shortened the length for reduced price. That is why the "Made in China" products in Nigeria is different to "Made in China" that comes to USA, two different quality, same style if you look at them side by side.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 3:06am On Oct 07, 2015
mufutau55:

Anything can happen in Nigeria Oga mi o. Remember the blocks Spyder showed one time, instead of the blocks to be 9inches it was actually 8inches.
Imagine that... Sometimes when Naija business guy made the order, he can tell them to shortened the length for reduced price . That is why the "Made in China" products is different to "Made in China" that comes to USA, two different quality, same style if you look at them side by side.

Hajji M.

Na wa o. I forgot that angle.

I tried to explain FDA, USDA, UL, etc to my Nephew in Nigeria but he didn't get it.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 3:21am On Oct 07, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Na wa o. I forgot that angle.
I tried to explain FDA, USDA, UL, etc to my Nephew in Nigeria but he didn't get it.

Those are regulated standard in a civilized country o. Not be Naija NAFDAC dey when fake medicine is coming from India and China?
Please! They will never understand that in Nigeria o.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abdulwastecx(m): 6:46am On Oct 07, 2015
abouzaid:
to be honest, I'm not really heavy into structural design, just basic drawing to get a building approval but i will check out Orion before the end of the year to see what it has to offer. how's your day?

i am good sir l
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 1:01pm On Oct 07, 2015
@EgunMogaji You stated that you bought your granite @2300 per ton delivered to site.. That means it covers transport cost. And 20t granite is 46,000 naira? 25tonnes is 57,500 I mean Full 20t and 25t..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 1:31pm On Oct 07, 2015
KolaShangOne:
@EgunMogaji You stated that you bought your granite @2300 per ton delivered to site.. That means it covers transport cost. And 20t granite is 46,000 naira? 25tonnes is 57,500 I mean Full 20t and 25t..

That's not what I said but we can assume that if it keeps you up at night grin

Why do you have such a hard on for me my oga? The unmodified post is still there for more regulatory auditing. Should I have my lawyers be at the ready in case EFCC summons? grin

I think The Engineer should come and look at my books to keep me straight. I'll write the embassy invite letter, pay for airline flight and of course as a gentleman provide accommodations. grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 2:42pm On Oct 07, 2015
EgunMogaji:

That's not what I said but we can assume that if it keeps you up at night grin

Why do you have such a hard on for me my oga? The unmodified post is still there for more regulatory auditing. Should I have my lawyers be at the ready in case EFCC summons? grin

I think The Engineer should come and look at my books to keep me straight. I'll write the embassy invite letter, pay for airline flight and of course as a gentleman provide accommodations. grin

Hard on me? That is 14 years in Nigeria.. grin

If you dont know, I'm also learning from you. And I'm sure others are learning from us. If you get cheaper prices there's nothing wrong with teaching me your way.

Here's what I saw on your post that made me come to that conclusion. 2300 per ton DELIVERED
No vex, Oyibo dey hard me

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 2:53pm On Oct 07, 2015
KolaShangOne:

Hard on me? That is 14 years in Nigeria.. grin

If you dont know, I'm also learning from you. And I'm sure others are learning from us. If you get cheaper prices there's nothing wrong with teaching me your way.

Here's what I saw on your post that made me come to that conclusion. 2300 per ton DELIVERED
No vex, Oyibo dey hard me

I didn't modify that post my friend, you read what you wanted to see so you can flog me like a farm animal grin

" Granite = N2,300 per ton plus delivery, Sharp Sand = N1,200 per tonne delivered, " Kapish, El Maestro?

Granite is PLUS delivery while sharp sand is delivered.

Granite is N2,300 per tonne (I go by waybill and will drive behind the truck from quarry to site on next purchase). I'll approach truck driver directly with no need for middle mans expense. Delivery is negotiable and I'll leverage the fact that I'm buying 100 tons to work a good delivery price.

Incidentally I was approached by someone making a delivery near me (unfortunately he's a middle man) who said that even with a slightly higher delivery price that it ends up being cheaper from ogun state. I'll also investigate that angle.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by brabus(m): 2:59pm On Oct 07, 2015
Oga Egunmogaji,

Let's talk interlock vs stained concrete flooring. The benefits and the cost factors. I'm in support of Interlock Stones (Quality, Sustainablity and Long-run average cost)
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by brabus(m): 3:05pm On Oct 07, 2015
Isn't this beautiful bro?

Cost per m2: NGN2600
Installation: Easy
Application: Outdoor spaces, walkway, driveway
Maintenance: Requires little or no maintenance. Can be repaired without any special help.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 3:13pm On Oct 07, 2015
brabus:
Oga Egunmogaji,

Let's talk interlock vs stained concrete flooring. The benefits and the cost factors. I'm in support of Interlock Stones (Quality, Sustainablity and Long-run average cost)

As usual I'll defer to you pros with boots on the ground but here is why I like stained/stamped concrete flooring.

1) Lifestyle - My hobby is cars and classic cars especially. Classic cars leak oil and other fluids. It's far easier to wipe up oil leaks than having to remove each interlock stone to replace it. You really can't get oil stain off of them unless one stains the entire lot which will then change the color.

2) Uniformity - I have never stepped on interlocked surface in Nigeria that didn't wobble or have dips and unwavering lines. Something as simple as that will drive me bats. Stained and stamped concrete helps me have an easy day by not stressing me out with subpar installation.

3) Price - I just cannot see how interlock can be laid cheaper if the subfloor is prepared the way it is supposed to be prepared and then the cost of producing the interlocks and installing them are all added up.

4) Style - You have far more possibilities of design and colors with stained/stamped concrete.

5) Nigerian factor - the reality is that we have championed the usage of concrete in Nigeria. I intend to leverage this expertise in creating a uniform floor and then hiding defects by stamping and staining them.

I visited a friend and noted the subpar driveway finish. My friend (fellow Americana) understood and just asked me to "mojukuro nbe" but his driver quipped jokingly that "Oga it's just for parking cars now. To me my entire compound is livable space so I expect the same level of adequate finish in the driveway as I do in the masters bedroom. Only stained/stamped concrete can give me that.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 3:19pm On Oct 07, 2015
brabus:
Isn't this beautiful bro?

Cost per m2: NGN2600
Installation: Easy
Application: Outdoor spaces, walkway, driveway
Maintenance: Requires little or no maintenance. Can be repaired without any special help.

It's very beautiful.

But I prefer this for low maintenance, striking and uniform details.

Someone who I respect on here said "think value, not cost" wink grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by brabus(m): 3:19pm On Oct 07, 2015
EgunMogaji:

As usual I'll defer to you pros with boots on the ground but here is why I like stained/stamped concrete flooring.

3) Price - I just cannot see how interlock can be laid cheaper if the subfloor is prepared the way it is supposed to be prepared and then the cost of producing the interlocks and installing them are all added up.

Tell me more because I refuse to see how N5,000/m2 stained concrete is cheaper than interlocks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (3663) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Diamondface82, completey(f) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.