Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,191 members, 7,835,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

Nigeria To Cut Senators, Reps’ Jumbo Pay As Buhari Fumes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria To Cut Senators, Reps’ Jumbo Pay As Buhari Fumes (2944 Views)

Senators, Reps Share N46 Billion Annually- Daily Trust / Saraki: CCB In Fresh Move Against Senators, Reps / Jumbo Pay: Emeka Anyaoku’s ‘atomic Bomb’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria To Cut Senators, Reps’ Jumbo Pay As Buhari Fumes by Rilwayne001: 8:11pm On Aug 25, 2015
… Following President Muhammadu
Buhari’s order directing the Revenue
Mobilisation, Allocation and Fiscal
Commission (RMAFC) to address
public outcry over huge salaries and
allowances of members of the
National Assembly, the chairman of
the commission, Elias Mbam, said on
Tuesday that Senators and members
of the House of Representatives will
earn less than N1 million by the end
of next month.

Speaking at the State House after Mr.
Mbam made presentation on the
activities and challenges of the
commission, President Buhari chided
the RMAFC for approving excessive
remunerations for some political
office holders, and urged the
commission to seek a proper
interpretation of its powers and
address the public outcry against the
unreasonably high payments.

President Buhari also warned that
severe sanctions will be visited on
any individual or organisation that
violates the directive on the payment
of all national revenue into the
Federation Account. President Buhari spoke a week after PREMIUM

TIMES published details of the federal lawmakers’
salaries and allowances, a publication that sparked
widespread public anger against the lawmakers,
with many calling a drastic cut.

But in his response to reporters’ questions after
meeting the president, the RMAFC boss said the
commission had been working on the review of the
salaries and allowances of the political office
holders at National Assembly, the State Assemblies
and Local Governments, adding that the review also
covers the Judiciary.

Mr. Mbam said the review, which according to him
is still going through a process and expected to be
ready by next month, is expected to reflect the
economic realities of the day occasioned by the
drop in oil prices.

“We are currently reviewing the subsisting
remuneration packages and it is going to reflect the
socio-economic realities of today. We expect that
before the end of next month, it will be ready. But it
will go through a process, it is not something that
you will just say yes or no,” he said.
According to Mr. Mbam, “no member of the
National Assembly should earn up to N1million per
month” and that the Senators and Members of the
House of Representatives have no option but to
abide by the commission’s new wage formula.
“They do not have a choice. We are guided by the
constitution and we are going to be guided by such
laws that are provided for in the constitution and
the oath they swore to obey,” he said.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/188992-nigeria-to-cut-senators-reps-jumbo-pay-as-buhari-fumes.html

lalasticlala

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Cut Senators, Reps’ Jumbo Pay As Buhari Fumes by richidinho(m): 8:12pm On Aug 25, 2015
grin
This Buhari guy is very smart

When is he slashing his 10billion naira security vote?

#in fayose's voice shaa

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Cut Senators, Reps’ Jumbo Pay As Buhari Fumes by INTROVERT(f): 8:13pm On Aug 25, 2015
okay
Re: Nigeria To Cut Senators, Reps’ Jumbo Pay As Buhari Fumes by calmbabadee(m): 8:18pm On Aug 25, 2015
Very soon we will be putting out vacancy sign posts before we get any one to contest for public offices as pepper no go dey yafun yafun again.

Meanwhile Sai Buhari!

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Cut Senators, Reps’ Jumbo Pay As Buhari Fumes by Immanueladebol(m): 8:21pm On Aug 25, 2015
As hin dy fhyt corruption,corruption go fhyt back
Re: Nigeria To Cut Senators, Reps’ Jumbo Pay As Buhari Fumes by Rilwayne001: 8:33pm On Aug 25, 2015
richidinho:
grin This Buhari guy is very smart
When is he slashing his 10billion naira security vote?
#in fayose's voice shaa
What #10billion

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Cut Senators, Reps’ Jumbo Pay As Buhari Fumes by Ahmed0336(m): 8:49pm On Aug 25, 2015
Rilwayne001:

What #10billion
i tire o undecided

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Cut Senators, Reps’ Jumbo Pay As Buhari Fumes by Emekamex(m): 9:12pm On Aug 25, 2015
Slashing allowance? This is one aspect where Buhari or his so called "body language" won't have any effect even if he tries his best to do so.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Cut Senators, Reps’ Jumbo Pay As Buhari Fumes by Firefire(m): 9:16pm On Aug 25, 2015
Amen!

Re: Nigeria To Cut Senators, Reps’ Jumbo Pay As Buhari Fumes by WailingWailer00(m): 9:39pm On Aug 25, 2015
Buhari fumes for what? Who is he? Park well jaare. Let the allowances be reduced
Re: Nigeria To Cut Senators, Reps’ Jumbo Pay As Buhari Fumes by sammyj: 11:10pm On Aug 25, 2015
SAI BABA please go ahead and stop those clowns that want to become SAN overnight just because they are earning free money. we are behind you.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Cut Senators, Reps’ Jumbo Pay As Buhari Fumes by akinyeleaa: 11:50pm On Aug 25, 2015
Nice move.
Re: Nigeria To Cut Senators, Reps’ Jumbo Pay As Buhari Fumes by Rad1cal: 11:55pm On Aug 25, 2015
WailingWailer00:
Buhari fumes for what? Who is he? Park well jaare. Let the allowances be reduced

You can imagine the useless fuming . grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria To Cut Senators, Reps’ Jumbo Pay As Buhari Fumes by WailingWailer00(m): 11:56pm On Aug 25, 2015
Rad1cal:

You can imagine the useless fuming . grin
Seriously, who him be? undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Cut Senators, Reps’ Jumbo Pay As Buhari Fumes by oghenetega100(f): 12:12am On Aug 26, 2015
Very good, now we Can differentiate between people who want to serve their country and those who just want to enrich themselves.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Cut Senators, Reps’ Jumbo Pay As Buhari Fumes by Nobody: 12:25am On Aug 26, 2015
This buhari dey make me laugh. He should stop fooling himself, this is democracy. Poo hari are you a learner
Re: Nigeria To Cut Senators, Reps’ Jumbo Pay As Buhari Fumes by Vicadonis(m): 12:29am On Aug 26, 2015
Fumes? Im be flame
Re: Nigeria To Cut Senators, Reps’ Jumbo Pay As Buhari Fumes by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:21am On Aug 26, 2015
oghenetega100:
Very good, now we Can differentiate between people who want to serve their country and those who just want to enrich themselves.

Till Nigerians learn to differentiate their right from their left, they will keep falling prey to insincere politicians such as buhari who plays to their sentiments...

1)Have buhari ever responded to the challenge by fayose on his allowances?...Bulk of the money is in allowances not the ridiculous salary he claims to be slashing though he can't?...

2)Which useless fuming here?...Just a propagandists language... Remuneration is a question of legislation... Buhari cannot decree his salary or that of anybody else...NASS is in charge of law making...

3)Buhari keeps pulling such useless stunts as this because it plays to the sentiments of his supporters and takes away attention from main purpose of governance which they have nothing to offer in...

4)Ask buhari to reveal his NUMEROUS allowances to you which runs into billions annually... not his 14million plus annual salary he's flouting around if he's a sincere leader undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria To Cut Senators, Reps’ Jumbo Pay As Buhari Fumes by rudebouy: 1:31am On Aug 26, 2015
If Buhari can pull dis off, he will become Naija's best presido ever.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Cut Senators, Reps’ Jumbo Pay As Buhari Fumes by philips70(m): 1:55am On Aug 26, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Till Nigerians learn to differentiate their right from their left, they will keep falling prey to insincere politicians such as buhari who plays to their sentiments...

1)Have buhari ever responded to the challenge by fayose on his allowances?...Bulk of the money is in allowances not the ridiculous salary he claims to be slashing though he can't?...

2)Which useless fuming here?...Just a propagandists language... Remuneration is a question of legislation... Buhari cannot decree his salary or that of anybody else...NASS is in charge of law making...

3)Buhari keeps pulling such useless stunts as this because it plays to the sentiments of his supporters and takes away attention from main purpose of governance which they have nothing to offer in...

4)Ask buhari to reveal his NUMEROUS allowances to you which runs into billions annually... not his 14million plus annual salary he's flouting around if he's a sincere leader undecided

I guess Nigerians will have to bring back Jonathan as a prime minister to save this country all this hate and nothingness only because he is the first incumbent to lose an election.
It's not Buhari's faults he commands the respect he carries but decades of hard work and perseverance. Goodwill is not sold anywhere in the market, it is earned. Take it easy.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Cut Senators, Reps’ Jumbo Pay As Buhari Fumes by Whynotthetruth(m): 2:16am On Aug 26, 2015
philips70:

I guess Nigerians will have to bring back Jonathan as a prime minister to save this country all this hate and nothingness only because he is the first incumbent to lose an election.
It's not Buhari's faults he commands the respect he carries but decades of hard work and perseverance. Goodwill is not sold anywhere in the market, it is earned. Take it easy.

cheesygrin Is Jonathan your president?...I am discussing insincerity of buhari here and you're pulling on innanities...Stop projecting your image on me plzz...

BTW differentiate between respect earned due to hardwork & perseverance and one gained due to bigotry which is what buhari enjoys...(his popularity is thanks to his sharia stance)... Has buhari engaged in any productive venture since 1984 outside keeping cows as pets; a routine for Fulani men...

Counter points raised here and quit discussing my person or whatever...thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria To Cut Senators, Reps’ Jumbo Pay As Buhari Fumes by philips70(m): 2:34am On Aug 26, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

cheesygrin Is Jonathan your president?...I am discussing insincerity of buhari here and you're pulling on innanities...Stop projecting your image on me plzz...

BTW differentiate between respect earned due to hardwork & perseverance and one gained due to bigotry which is what buhari enjoys...(his popularity is thanks to his sharia stance)... Has buhari engaged in any productive venture since 1984 outside keeping cows as pets; a routine for Fulani men...

You are too embittered about the person of the president to engage in any meaningful discussion. Wake me up when you start making sense rather than these frequent irrational comments borne out of hate and the same bigotry you accuse him of.
Till then, hope you know he doesn't even care your types exist and have not even cared big guns like Ozekhome and co are in existence? You can continue ranting your life away online if you care.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Cut Senators, Reps’ Jumbo Pay As Buhari Fumes by Whynotthetruth(m): 2:43am On Aug 26, 2015
philips70:

You are too embittered about the person of the president to engage in any meaningful discussion. Wake me up when you start making sense rather than these frequent irrational comments borne out of hate and the same bigotry you accuse him of.
Till then, hope you know he doesn't even care your types exist and have not even cared big guns like Ozekhome and co are in existence? You can continue ranting your life away online if you care.

If bolded is true then he has already failed as a president of Nigeria...maybe he will consider relocating to APC headquarters...

I wonder who made you a judge over the irrationality of my comments...I believe you know that wisdom of a sage will always sound irrational and discordant to the ears of a lunatic undecided

Stop projecting your hate image on me biko...carry the burden...I don't envy you at all...Stop disturbing my mentions if you can't counter my initial post you quoted...I don't enjoy discussing frivolities or mudslinging with you guys...undecided
Re: Nigeria To Cut Senators, Reps’ Jumbo Pay As Buhari Fumes by philips70(m): 8:35am On Aug 26, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

If bolded is true then he has already failed as a president of Nigeria...maybe he will consider relocating to APC headquarters...

I wonder who made you a judge over the irrationality of my comments...I believe you know that wisdom of a sage will always sound irrational and discordant to the ears of a lunatic undecided

Stop projecting your hate image on me biko...carry the burden...I don't envy you at all...Stop disturbing my mentions if you can't counter my initial post you quoted...I don't enjoy discussing frivolities or mudslinging with you guys...undecided

If you expect the president of Nigeria to care about those who carry a very heavy burden of hate powered by primordial sentiments then you are on a very long journey. As far as reasonable Nigerians and the government are concerned there are enough rational critics of this government to keep them on their toes. Nothing meaningful can come from bitter souls.
In case you want to learn meaningful criticism I advise you follow the likes of Kayode Ogundamisi on Twitter. They might wash this hate from you and replace it with some good form of constructive criticism that can put Nigeria on the right track.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Cut Senators, Reps’ Jumbo Pay As Buhari Fumes by mogentle(m): 9:21am On Aug 26, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Son of hatred, born in anger, raised in bitterness. Keep wailing, dont stop pls.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Cut Senators, Reps’ Jumbo Pay As Buhari Fumes by Rad1cal: 10:55am On Aug 26, 2015
philips70:

[s]I guess Nigerians will have to bring back Jonathan as a prime minister to save this country all this hate and nothingness only because he is the first incumbent to lose an election.
It's not Buhari's faults he commands the respect he carries but decades of hard work and perseverance. Goodwill is not sold anywhere in the market, it is earned. Take it easy[/s].

philips70:

[s]You are too embittered about the person of the president to engage in any meaningful discussion. Wake me up when you start making sense rather than these frequent irrational comments borne out of hate and the same bigotry you accuse him of.
Till then, hope you know he doesn't even care your types exist and have not even cared big guns like Ozekhome and co are in existence? You can continue ranting your life away online if you care.[/s]

philips70:

[s]If you expect the president of Nigeria to care about those who carry a very heavy burden of hate powered by primordial sentiments then you are on a very long journey. As far as reasonable Nigerians and the government are concerned there are enough rational critics of this government to keep them on their toes. Nothing meaningful can come from bitter souls.
In case you want to learn meaningful criticism I advise you follow the likes of Kayode Ogundamisi on Twitter. They might wash this hate from you and replace it with some good form of constructive criticism that can put Nigeria on the right track.[/s]

If you have nothing tangible to add to this thread than trolling foolishly.

kindly use the exit zombie.
Re: Nigeria To Cut Senators, Reps’ Jumbo Pay As Buhari Fumes by TheNonce: 11:02am On Aug 26, 2015
grin
Whynotthetruth:

Ol boy shut up and go and look for a more constructive way to use your mb! No wonder I saw your name on a list of confused bigots and wailers of the politics section!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Cut Senators, Reps’ Jumbo Pay As Buhari Fumes by philips70(m): 11:15am On Aug 26, 2015
Rad1cal:

If you have nothing tangible to add to this thread than trolling foolishly.

kindly use the exit zombie.

Unfortunately I am not in mood of engaging deranged homeless kids this morning.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Cut Senators, Reps’ Jumbo Pay As Buhari Fumes by Rad1cal: 11:18am On Aug 26, 2015
philips70:

[s]Unfortunately I am not in mood of engaging deranged homeless kids this morning.[/s]

Buzz off wan.ker

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Candidates In Ikwere Lga Quarreling With Returning Officer To Refund #12m / Channelstv Online Rating Of MBuhari's Performance - See Reactions / Sardauna Fulani-mambilla Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.