Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,609 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:07 AM

Words From A Nigerian Mother To Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day (A Must Read) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Words From A Nigerian Mother To Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day (A Must Read) (1746 Views)

Wedding Of 42-Year-Old Folasade Dairo, A Nigerian Mother Of 4 In USA / Mother Baths & Bottle Feeds Her Grown Up Daughter On Her Birthday (Photos) / Photo Of Mother Kissing Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day That Got People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Words From A Nigerian Mother To Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day (A Must Read) by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 26, 2015
I ran into this article on a Social Network. I read a lot of interesting comments there. Read and let's hear your unique comment.

HEAR WHAT A MOTHER TOLD HER DAUGHTER ON HER WEDDING DAY

My daughter,you are now a wife and soon you'll be become a mother too. God bear me witness that I taught you how to cook and do other house chores. I taught you to respect men and to explain your anger when necessary but if you do otherwise,i know you,not as a daughter but as my fellow woman.

My daughter, you see this your husband? He is a gentleman but don't take advantage of that. Don't bring out the beast in him. My daughter,you see this mark on my forehead?
Your father gave it to me.He tolerated me
everytime but on that day,He came unexpectedly.It wasn't his intention but i dared him and he hit me just once

My daughter,Men hate it when you use the word "YOU CAN'T DO IT".He sure can do more than but he's just protecing you from harm.
My daughter, whenever there is an argument or misunderstanding, try drinking water.You can't talk when you have water in your mouth.
Now,you have two families.You are very
lucky.Tolerate and appreciate them just as you did here.

Learn to welcome other people's kids and
soon, children will sorround your table with love.
You see that my big pot? I bought it when i still had no child but i always cooked with it to feed those children who had nothing to eat.
Learn to show hospitality. Welcome a visitor and at least,offer a glass of water.Don't
discriminate. Don't shatter your husband's family. instead, bring them together.
Learn to appreciate little efforts and soon,they'll learn to do more.

Today, you are wearing a wedding gown and you look so beautiful in it but there is still another gown you need to wear.That is the MATERNITY gown. I wore it and you shall wear your's too.
When you have a misundertanding, don't come back here.Sort things out and build a happy home.I built mine and your father enjoyed me.
Men like food.They like both the KITCHEN food and the BEDROOM food.Don't deny him any of the food all because you had an argument.
If the ones i taught you are not enough, learn more!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Words From A Nigerian Mother To Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day (A Must Read) by kamair237(m): 10:05am On Aug 26, 2015

1 Like

Re: Words From A Nigerian Mother To Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day (A Must Read) by Osezzua(m): 10:14am On Aug 26, 2015
sounds cool n very true

1 Like

Re: Words From A Nigerian Mother To Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day (A Must Read) by Sveen: 10:15am On Aug 26, 2015
Wisdom.
Re: Words From A Nigerian Mother To Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day (A Must Read) by Nobody: 11:50am On Aug 26, 2015
Sveen:
Wisdom.

Though rare
Re: Words From A Nigerian Mother To Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day (A Must Read) by terrificjoe(m): 3:49pm On Aug 26, 2015
true
Re: Words From A Nigerian Mother To Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day (A Must Read) by darlenese(f): 4:27pm On Aug 26, 2015
Women have to make all the peace so that the marriage will work

And what does the man do in return sad

cHeAt

1 Like

Re: Words From A Nigerian Mother To Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day (A Must Read) by Nobody: 4:37pm On Aug 26, 2015
darlenese:

cHeAt

I beg to differ
Re: Words From A Nigerian Mother To Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day (A Must Read) by Nobody: 4:46pm On Aug 26, 2015
no problems everybody has an advice for brides,not anybody's fault cos the Bible say we should SUBMIT so na so we see our lives-any where u go I'll follow
Re: Words From A Nigerian Mother To Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day (A Must Read) by Nobody: 5:10pm On Aug 26, 2015
yellowb:
no problems everybody has an advice for brides,not anybody's fault cos the Bible say we should SUBMIT so na so we see our lives-any where u go I'll follow

Lolz

1 Like

Re: Words From A Nigerian Mother To Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day (A Must Read) by Nobody: 5:11pm On Aug 26, 2015
darlenese:

cHeAt

No nah! sad
Re: Words From A Nigerian Mother To Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day (A Must Read) by darlenese(f): 5:42pm On Aug 26, 2015
muphasar11:

I beg to differ

Good for ur spouse!
Re: Words From A Nigerian Mother To Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day (A Must Read) by Nobody: 5:44pm On Aug 26, 2015
darlenese:

Good for ur spouse!

I'd rather not reply
Guess I'd keep my tots in my head and not act like I know it all
Re: Words From A Nigerian Mother To Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day (A Must Read) by darlenese(f): 5:46pm On Aug 26, 2015
emusmith:

No nah! sad

Yes nau
I've seen women who go through hell in their marriages and all the man can do is keep late nights and make things gets worse, the painful part of it is that everyone will be advising women to "endure" cry
Re: Words From A Nigerian Mother To Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day (A Must Read) by darlenese(f): 5:49pm On Aug 26, 2015
muphasar11:

I'd rather not reply
Guess I'd keep my tots in my head and not act like I know it all

I don't get u
Re: Words From A Nigerian Mother To Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day (A Must Read) by lilmax(m): 5:57pm On Aug 26, 2015
darlenese:

cHeAt
you experienced it right? That is “cheating“ from your spouse
Re: Words From A Nigerian Mother To Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day (A Must Read) by Nobody: 5:58pm On Aug 26, 2015
darlenese:

I don't get u

Don't worry you've made your point. All men cheat while the ladies take the heat and try to make peace

Good for my spouse.
Re: Words From A Nigerian Mother To Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day (A Must Read) by killercute16(m): 6:28pm On Aug 26, 2015
Hmm
Re: Words From A Nigerian Mother To Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day (A Must Read) by Nobody: 7:33pm On Aug 26, 2015
darlenese:

Yes nau
I've seen women who go through hell in their marriages and all the man can do is keep late nights and make things gets worse, the painful part of it is that everyone will be advising women to "endure" cry

Well, I understand that plight.
They say so because they don't think divorce is a good idea Plus he was her choice. She left many "good" guys to say Yes to him.

It's unfortunate.
Re: Words From A Nigerian Mother To Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day (A Must Read) by Nobody: 8:17pm On Aug 26, 2015
yellowb:

Erm...what does the 'b' in your moniker stand for sef?
Re: Words From A Nigerian Mother To Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day (A Must Read) by Nobody: 6:54am On Aug 27, 2015
emusmith:

Erm...what does the 'b' in your moniker stand for sef?
first letter of ma name
Re: Words From A Nigerian Mother To Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day (A Must Read) by Nobody: 7:59am On Aug 27, 2015
yellowb:
first letter of ma name

And that is? smiley
Re: Words From A Nigerian Mother To Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day (A Must Read) by Nobody: 11:03am On Aug 27, 2015
emusmith:

And that is? smiley
just call me yellowb
Re: Words From A Nigerian Mother To Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day (A Must Read) by Nobody: 3:36pm On Aug 27, 2015
yellowb:
just call me yellowb

Aww...sweet name cheesy

YellowP sounds like Yellow Pawpaw...but you won't like it... undecided
Re: Words From A Nigerian Mother To Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day (A Must Read) by Nobody: 4:01pm On Aug 27, 2015
emusmith:

Aww...sweet name cheesy

YellowP sounds like Yellow Pawpaw...but you won't like it... undecided
lol ,,don't try it or ur Mobile data will disappear
Re: Words From A Nigerian Mother To Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day (A Must Read) by Nobody: 4:06pm On Aug 27, 2015
yellowb:
lol ,,don't try it or ur Mobile data will disappear

Huh huh...I don't want my mobile data to disappear o... OK, what about YellowB, YellowBaby! Oops! kiss

(1) (Reply)

Men! What Will You Do If Your Father Inlaw Slaps You? / (Pics) Indian Boy, Seven, Is Forced To Marry A DOG To Ward Off Evil Spirits. / Spouse Insensitivity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.