Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,206 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:45 PM

Traditional Wedding List... Guys And Ladies What Will You Do? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Traditional Wedding List... Guys And Ladies What Will You Do? (3889 Views)

Drop Your Bucket List Guys / Groom Kisses His Bride At Their Traditional Wedding & Left Guests Surprised / Traditional Marriage List... Guys And Ladies What Will You Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Traditional Wedding List... Guys And Ladies What Will You Do? by presh247(m): 3:16pm On Aug 26, 2015
Traditional wedding list wey be like this...........
1. 20 litres of hot drink
2. 7 he-goats for elders
3. 7 she-goats for the old women
4. 22 Jersey, 22boats, and 10balls for the youths.
5. 120yards of Nigeria wax for the young girls.
6. 30 tubers of yams and 40 sea fishes for the
oldest men
and women in the family.
7. 70 cola nuts and 100 bitter cola.
8. One bull for the king and elders in council.
9. A sewing machine for the younger sister to my
wife to be.
10. 5 tipper of sand and 7 tipper of bags of dangote
cement.
11. Three gallons of 20litres palm wine.
12. 2 white sheep for her elder and younger
brothers.
13. 200 bathroom slippers for the villagers.
14. 20liters of petrol
15. 4 handsets for her other siblings
16. 7 cartons each of star beer,coke and schinnap.
17. The father and mother's clothes with the sum of
N180,000.
18. 2 big box that will be used to park her clothes.
19. A white bicycle for her uncle.
20. when coming with the above items, come with 3
live
cows that will be slaughtered for the traditional
marriage
ceremony.
21. N700,000 for the Bride price.
Pals............
**Ladies:....will you approve/be comfortable with
this type
of list to be presented to your husband to be?
**Guys......what will you do if you're given such a
list? Will
you go to this extent to marry the love of your
life?...
Re: Traditional Wedding List... Guys And Ladies What Will You Do? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Aug 26, 2015
shocked

1 Like

Re: Traditional Wedding List... Guys And Ladies What Will You Do? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Aug 26, 2015
grin grin, no be you dey find wife

1 Like

Re: Traditional Wedding List... Guys And Ladies What Will You Do? by benedictnsi(m): 3:19pm On Aug 26, 2015

Wait oo, am I marrying Every Lady in the community or what This kind marriage na for Imo state grin
E d happen.... Where you go with a convoy then after marriage you go back with a wheelbarrow plus bathroom slippers grin

If there is none, I will contact Bolt to teach me how to Run for my dear life

2 Likes

Re: Traditional Wedding List... Guys And Ladies What Will You Do? by Aminat508(f): 3:20pm On Aug 26, 2015
sad shocked shocked Nawaooo

1 Like

Re: Traditional Wedding List... Guys And Ladies What Will You Do? by joseph1832(m): 3:28pm On Aug 26, 2015
Its obvious the girl is for sale.

Midehi:
Na wife person won marry, no be slave person won buy, difference dey oh...
Re: Traditional Wedding List... Guys And Ladies What Will You Do? by Toks2008(m): 3:31pm On Aug 26, 2015
Midehi:

As hilarious s it seems , some lists are not far from this.

The truth is that if money dey there is no biggy spending 3million naira on a list but in Naija of today i will advice these people to reduce that list to at most 200k or they will just be doing serious damage to their daughters.

At least a guy that can afford 200k can also take care of a lady to as reasonable level while he builds his life up.
Re: Traditional Wedding List... Guys And Ladies What Will You Do? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Aug 26, 2015
Toks2008:

As hilarious s it seems , some lists are not far from this.

The truth is that if money dey there is no biggy spending 3million naira on a list but in Naija of today i will advice these people to reduce that list to at most 200k or they will just be doing serious damage to their daughters.

At least a guy that can afford 200k can also take care of a lady to as reasonable level while he builds his life up.
i don't think a sane man will request for such, its barbaric
Re: Traditional Wedding List... Guys And Ladies What Will You Do? by buoye1(m): 3:58pm On Aug 26, 2015
Na to run for my life oo
Re: Traditional Wedding List... Guys And Ladies What Will You Do? by Toks2008(m): 4:07pm On Aug 26, 2015
Midehi:

i don't think a sane man will request for such, its barbaric

Nope its not about you requesting but in some eastern part,a list(including bride price) can cost as high as over 1million and this is no joke and even for those who claim there own is not like that it will interest you to know that the list alone can go as high as 400k and as i will always say, this is no big deal if the money is available because i can spend millions on a lady i love but at the same time, these greedy elders and family members must understand that many of their daughters are been ignored because of this madness.

This is why i wrote that if they can reduce the bride price and the list to be around 200k generally and any man who wants to go beyond that is free to do so then we will see less of unmarried beautiful and decent igbo ladies above 30yrs.
Re: Traditional Wedding List... Guys And Ladies What Will You Do? by Dotwillis1(m): 4:16pm On Aug 26, 2015
That's the culture
Re: Traditional Wedding List... Guys And Ladies What Will You Do? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Aug 26, 2015
Toks2008:

Nope its not about you requesting but in some eastern part,a list(including bride price) can cost as high as over 1million and this is no joke and even for those who claim there own is not like that it will interest you to know that the list alone can go as high as 400k and as i will always say, this is no big deal if the money is available because i can spend millions on a lady i love but at the same time, these greedy elders and family members must understand that many of their daughters are been ignored because of this madness.

This is why i wrote that if they can reduce the bride price and the list to be around 200k generally and any man who wants to go beyond that is free to do so then we will see less of unmarried beautiful and decent igbo ladies above 30yrs.
you right anyway, but i guess tradition won't allow reduction, or maybe its a crime for an individual to privately reduce the prize, cos i believe there would still be some men who does'nt want this killer prize.

moreover, you have a powerful smile on your dp and i just gave a like.
Re: Traditional Wedding List... Guys And Ladies What Will You Do? by cruxty(m): 4:24pm On Aug 26, 2015
The last time I check to cohabit without marriage is allowed....by the tym the girl don deliver like 3 set of twins for my hux dem go beg make I come do introduction....
Re: Traditional Wedding List... Guys And Ladies What Will You Do? by Toks2008(m): 4:49pm On Aug 26, 2015
Midehi:

you right anyway, but i guess tradition won't allow reduction, or maybe its a crime for an individual to privately reduce the prize, cos i believe there would still be some men who does'nt want this killer prize.

Thanks dearie for the compliment.

Please dont let us go to that side of tradition because what is been done right now is not what the tradition is all about.

You can read my thread on bride price in thee African tradition to understand better.
Re: Traditional Wedding List... Guys And Ladies What Will You Do? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Aug 26, 2015
Toks2008:

Thanks dearie for the compliment.

Please dont let us go to that side of tradition because what is been done right now is not what the tradition is all about.

You can read my thread on bride price in thee African tradition to understand better.

alright
Re: Traditional Wedding List... Guys And Ladies What Will You Do? by passionate88: 5:05pm On Aug 26, 2015
Her toto na gold?, if I pay all these things she no go travel go house, her people no go visit us, I will become her Lord and personal saviour.
Re: Traditional Wedding List... Guys And Ladies What Will You Do? by Bevy12(f): 5:33pm On Aug 26, 2015
This list will probably be given to the man if I am not there because it means that my parents don't want me to ever get married.
Re: Traditional Wedding List... Guys And Ladies What Will You Do? by Macgreat(m): 5:49pm On Aug 26, 2015
smiley
Re: Traditional Wedding List... Guys And Ladies What Will You Do? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Aug 26, 2015
LMAO 5 tippers of sand and cement! grin

the father-in-law just wan take style build house grin
Re: Traditional Wedding List... Guys And Ladies What Will You Do? by ogeoflyf(f): 6:44pm On Aug 26, 2015
It's a joke grin angry
Re: Traditional Wedding List... Guys And Ladies What Will You Do? by Trypa(f): 7:38pm On Aug 26, 2015
Midehi:

What u are saying is a lie becus the only tin dat made the money high is just the traditional ceremony and somethings in the list but the bride price of many eastern part isn't even up to 20,000 u can ask ur mum dat's y u are a lady u need to know them like in imo state if a man is coming to marry the lady his own culture tells him to bring cloths jewels and shoes for the lady b4 taking her so what do u say about dat? The op just form those stuff those can't be a traditional marriage requirement
Re: Traditional Wedding List... Guys And Ladies What Will You Do? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Aug 26, 2015
Trypa:

What u are saying is a lie becus the only tin dat made the money high is just the traditional ceremony and somethings in the list but the bride price of many eastern part isn't even up to 20,000 u can ask ur mum dat's y u are a lady u need to know them like in imo state if a man is coming to marry the lady his own culture tells him to bring cloths jewels and shoes for the lady b4 taking her so what do u say about dat? The op just form those stuff those can't be a traditional marriage requirement
i hope you did not read my comment upside down.
Re: Traditional Wedding List... Guys And Ladies What Will You Do? by Trypa(f): 8:31pm On Aug 26, 2015
Midehi:
i hope you did not read my comment upside down.

LolZ
Re: Traditional Wedding List... Guys And Ladies What Will You Do? by ronald4lif(m): 9:16pm On Aug 26, 2015
Toks2008:

Lol @ I can spend millions on the lady I love. Sounds like you're remitting the money into the lady's account when you're actually spending it on fanfare and to conform to society idiosyncrasy. I understand what you meant by that though.

Everyday we complain how there are husband scarcity and how the number of spinsters keeps skyrocketing when we know clearly the reason for this occurrence. Marital rights of many ethnic groups in Nigeria is high and many struggling bachelors are finding hard to afford it. How do they expect someone who has 500k capital for instance to fund matrimonial rites that could gulp 300k. A money that might have took him years to save up goes just like that?

I even find it foolish for a guy with a 2million net worth to spend up to 500k for a wedding. Heck, it's just a day ceremony why not save up when the kids start coming up. Go to a marriage registry and wed there. It's cheap and serves same purpose of a marriage.
Re: Traditional Wedding List... Guys And Ladies What Will You Do? by Toks2008(m): 9:22pm On Aug 26, 2015
ronald4lif:

Lol @ I can spend millions on the lady I love. Sounds like you're remitting the money into the lady's account when you're actually spending it on fanfare and to conform to society idiosyncrasy. I understand what you meant by that though.

Everyday we complain how there are husband scarcity and how the number of spinsters keeps skyrocketing when we know clearly the reason for this occurrence. Marital rights of many ethnic groups in Nigeria is high and many struggling bachelors are finding hard to afford it. How do they expect someone who has 500k capital for instance to fund matrimonial rites that could cost him 300k. A money that might have took him years to save up goes just like that?

I even find it foolish for a guy with a 2million net worth to spend up to 500k for a wedding. Heck, it's just a day ceremony why not save up when the kids start come up. Go to a marriage registry and we'd there. It's cheap and serves same purpose of a marriage.

my brother you don talk am finish.

Have you really gone out to see sweet looking chics well over 30 expecially the igbo ladies?

I pity these ladies who claim they have no say and while the elders in their village sturbornly insist on a greedy tradition,guys are filing the shit out of their core so who is fooling who?

Arrant rubish
Re: Traditional Wedding List... Guys And Ladies What Will You Do? by presh247(m): 3:01pm On Aug 27, 2015
Midehi:
I go come use my last penny take buy her full village? Hope your people no dey do like that oh?
Re: Traditional Wedding List... Guys And Ladies What Will You Do? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Aug 27, 2015
presh247:

I go come use my last penny take buy her full village? Hope your people no dey do like that oh?
ours is minor grin
Re: Traditional Wedding List... Guys And Ladies What Will You Do? by bqlekan(m): 4:09pm On Aug 27, 2015
Bride to be must be from IMO state ( no disrespect)

M sure you made that list up.. 22 jersey and boots? grin you be Chelsea fc chairman?
Re: Traditional Wedding List... Guys And Ladies What Will You Do? by Kennedymac(m): 5:03pm On Aug 27, 2015
op u can lie for africa ooo grin even in my state (imo) u can never exceed 250k as of now cuz people don tear eye finish
Re: Traditional Wedding List... Guys And Ladies What Will You Do? by presh247(m): 6:53pm On Aug 27, 2015
joseph1832:
Its obvious the girl is for sale.

Na wife person won marry, no be slave person won buy, difference dey oh...
na real slave be that...if i marry such a girl,na me get her life be that
Re: Traditional Wedding List... Guys And Ladies What Will You Do? by presh247(m): 6:59pm On Aug 27, 2015
bqlekan:
Bride to be must be from IMO state ( no disrespect)

M sure you made that list up.. 22 jersey and boots? grin you be Chelsea fc chairman?
hahaha...for the community youth club
Re: Traditional Wedding List... Guys And Ladies What Will You Do? by presh247(m): 7:05pm On Aug 27, 2015
Bevy12:
This list will probably be given to the man if I am not there because it means that my parents don't want me to ever get married.
what if you come to know about the list later,will you run away with your guy?

(1) (2) (Reply)

How A Local Yahoo Boy Wanted To Use My Head(screenshots Of Our Chat) / My Acheivement Of 2017(photos) / What To Do When She Does All To Show She Loves You, But Still Keeps Others?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.