Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,485 members, 7,819,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread - Phones (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread (82439 Views)

Infinix HOT 4 (X557) Official Discussion Thread / April 12: The Day Of HTC 10 And Meizu Pro 6 / Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Mofetemi(m): 12:40pm On Dec 08, 2015
KuliMart:

You can't get it via OTA.

You have to do manual flashing which is very easy.

OMG! Kulimart never explained this in details, i wouldn't have rushed for this note-2 prime purchase. Besides, why can't i get it via OTA? is it xiaomi policy?

Majority of the users are always complaining of boomerang following manual flashing which connotes doom. Moreover, was note 3 released with global china stable rom too or contrary?

However, i will exercise patience till users vet this global stable rom well. Pending that, how is manual flashing of this rom done?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by initialize(m): 7:04pm On Dec 08, 2015
lorkiy:
Hello everyone.... So I've got a problem... My redmi is presently on miui6 stable....tried to upgrade to miui 7 stable first tru d updater app....dat one just jumped from 28% to 99% and said failed....Then I tried recovery mode using the whole update.zip....still same thing(28%-99%-failed)....finally I tried fast boot... Ffd all instructions but got error can't find specified file 008**** when I click flash..
Helpppp me plsss....I'm just frustrated...tnx

I can update it for you.... All my Redmi Note 2 came with MiUI 7 and rooted.

Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 3GB RAM, 32GB ROM also in stock @ #55,000

You can reach me on 08069321572 whatsapp or calls

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by KuliMart: 8:04pm On Dec 08, 2015
Mofetemi:

OMG! Kulimart never explained this in details, i wouldn't have rushed for this note-2 prime purchase. Besides, why can't i get it via OTA? is it xiaomi policy?

Majority of the users are always complaining of boomerang following manual flashing which connotes doom. Moreover, was note 3 released with global china stable rom too or contrary?

However, i will exercise patience till users vet this global stable rom well. Pending that, how is manual flashing of this rom done?

The global stable rom was released yesterday.

Guide on how to flash > http://en.miui.com/a-232.html

It's simple to do.

You can equally leave this, since your phone is working fine.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Mofetemi(m): 8:43pm On Dec 10, 2015
Where are the Redmi Note 2 Prime owners that have flashed miui 7 global stable rom?

REVIEW PLEASE!
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Abusule007: 10:12pm On Dec 10, 2015
I've been reading reviews on this xiaomi redmi note 2 and I've watched quite some video reviews about the phone also. I'm beginning to love the phone more and more. I'm still waiting for mine from gearbest. I was one of the lucky ones to purchase the xiaomi redmi note 2 prime for $79.99 which was around 17,800 naira during the black Friday massive countdown. Only 20 pieces were sold for that price and as i be sharp guy, i grab one grin grin grin They said shipping is going to take about 3 weeks to get it to my address but this 3 weeks feels like 1yeaar.

2 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by mathefaro(m): 10:15pm On Dec 10, 2015
Abusule007:
I've been reading reviews on this xiaomi redmi note 2 and I've watched quite some video reviews about the phone also. I'm beginning to love the phone more and more. I'm still waiting for mine from gearbest. I was one of the lucky ones to purchase the xiaomi redmi note 2 prime for $79.99 which was around 17,800 naira during the black Friday massive countdown. Only 20 pieces were sold for that price and as i be sharp guy, i grab one grin angry. They said shipping is going to take about 3 weeks to get it to my address but this 3 weeks feels like 1yeaar.
I envy you o bros. I also got mine on black Friday from aliexpress but not at such a great discount as yours.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Abusule007: 10:16pm On Dec 10, 2015
mathefaro:
I envy you o bros. I also got mine on black Friday from aliexpress but not at such a great discount as yours.

How much did you get urs?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by mathefaro(m): 10:21pm On Dec 10, 2015
Abusule007:

How much did you get urs?
about twice your price including shipping fee.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Abusule007: 10:25pm On Dec 10, 2015
mathefaro:
about twice your price including shipping fee.
Shipping is free on gearbest only problem is that items take time to get to you.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by TheTega(m): 9:02am On Dec 11, 2015
Hey guys can you install fonts, the same way apps are installed? Do they work that way or it must be through an app like ifont?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Misterlecturer: 11:00am On Dec 11, 2015
@Abusule007 @mathefaro pls how do U guys go abt buying phones online? I used to get opportunities but I don't know how to go abt d paymet.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by KuliMart: 11:18am On Dec 11, 2015
Misterlecturer:
@Abusule007 @mathefaro pls how do U guys go abt buying phones online? I used to get opportunities but I don't know how to go abt d paymet.

You can buy from our store.

See signature.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by mathefaro(m): 1:29pm On Dec 11, 2015
Abusule007:

Shipping is free on gearbest only problem is that items take time to get to you.
ok
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by iheanyi4u(m): 1:43pm On Dec 12, 2015
Flashed up and running. As you can see no loss of network

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Youngzedd(m): 2:54pm On Dec 12, 2015
iheanyi4u:

I said it smiley
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by funkdr(m): 4:28pm On Dec 12, 2015
Youngzedd:

I said it smiley
please can you be of help, maybe through WhatsApp, I want to update mine.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by mathefaro(m): 7:14pm On Dec 12, 2015
iheanyi4u:
was it through the updater app or Mi PC suite? And can someone help me with how to flash twrp, I keep getting an error message "signature verification failed" anytime I try to flash it through the updater app
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by iheanyi4u(m): 9:54pm On Dec 12, 2015
Bros mine came with a chinese rom so flashing through the updater app was a no no. I had to flash twrp and thats where I install all my roms through. go to en.miui.com and browse through the redmi note 2 forum. u would surely seea guide
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Abusule007: 10:07pm On Dec 12, 2015
I think there is need to create a whatsapp group for xiaomi users so people can interact easily and share stuffs. My suggestion though.

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Nobody: 10:38pm On Dec 12, 2015
just upgraded to the global rom... clear,sharp crisp display,everything works fine except that music player refuse to start, but google play music works
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by iheanyi4u(m): 11:05pm On Dec 12, 2015
michaelobinna:
just upgraded to the global rom... clear,sharp crisp display,everything works fine except that music player refuse to start, but google play music works

Yeah noticed that too. i guess they will push out updates to fix that. Like u said GPM works fine. so no lele
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by mathefaro(m): 11:11pm On Dec 12, 2015
iheanyi4u:
Bros mine came with a chinese rom so flashing through the updater app was a no no. I had to flash twrp and thats where I install all my roms through. go to en.miui.com and browse through the redmi note 2 forum. u would surely seea guide
What could be the problem if it keeps saying zip file corrupted while flashing.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by KuliMart: 7:15am On Dec 13, 2015
The best thing you can do to your Xiaomi phone is to flash TWRP on it.

Full details > http://en.miui.com/thread-152550-1-1.html

With this installed, there will be no issue flashing any ROM on your phone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Mofetemi(m): 2:48pm On Dec 13, 2015
[quote author=KuliMart post=40954635]The best thing you can do to your Xiaomi phone is to flash TWRP on it.

Full details > http://en.miui.com/thread-152550-1-1.html

With this installed, there will be no issue flashing any ROM on your phone.[/quote

To flash is scary to me, I swear but this Chinese rom [default] is equally killing also! I need to port!

Which one is TWRP again self?

I am on MIUI 7 v7.9.6.0-default [on Note 2/prime] but which of these flashing methods; SYSTEM UPDATE / RECOVERY UPDATE / FASTBOOT UPDATE will be most situable to port to this Global rom MIUI 7 v7.0.12.0?

KINDLY HELP IF YOU YOU HAVE SUCCESSFULLY FLASHED!
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Mofetemi(m): 2:50pm On Dec 13, 2015
To flash is scary to me, I swear but this Chinese rom [default] is equally killing also! I need to port!

Which one is TWRP again self?

I am on MIUI 7 v7.9.6.0-default [on Note 2/prime] but which of these flashing methods; SYSTEM UPDATE / RECOVERY UPDATE / FASTBOOT UPDATE will be most situable to port to this Global rom MIUI 7 v7.0.12.0?

KINDLY HELP IF YOU YOU HAVE SUCCESSFULLY FLASHED!
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by dhsfbi(m): 5:17pm On Dec 13, 2015
Abusule007:

Were you able to track it please.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Youngzedd(m): 7:21pm On Dec 13, 2015
Abusule007:

The risk is high. This amurobbers at post office can do you strong things.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by dhsfbi(m): 8:11pm On Dec 13, 2015
Youngzedd:

The risk is high. This amurobbers at post office can do you string things.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Youngzedd(m): 8:12pm On Dec 13, 2015
dhsfbi:

Your package got missing.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by dhsfbi(m): 8:29pm On Dec 13, 2015
Youngzedd:

Your package got missing.
years gbese. Are u in lag??.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Abusule007: 10:37pm On Dec 13, 2015
Youngzedd:

The risk is high. This amurobbers at post office can do you strong things.
If my item is not delivered to me, gearbest will refund my cash or send another. That's how they roll grin
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Abusule007: 10:42pm On Dec 13, 2015
dhsfbi:
Were you able to track it please.
I bought different stuff that day. Different post service were used in shipping my items. So far I've been able to track other items except the phone shipped ny Netherland post service. Gearbest Customer Service told me that the fault is from the post service in charge of the particular item. They haven't updated the tracking information.

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (36) (Reply)

2go Launches Version 3.6.0 / Gta San Andreas finally released on android / Airtel CUG Help - Technocrats Pls.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.