Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,016 members, 7,810,812 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:57 PM

Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread (82195 Views)

Infinix HOT 4 (X557) Official Discussion Thread / April 12: The Day Of HTC 10 And Meizu Pro 6 / Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by KuliMart: 3:36pm On Sep 05, 2015
donhils:

Wait, the phone has it's xters in Chinese?

Global rom on MIUI 7 will be out soon.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by donhils: 3:39pm On Sep 05, 2015
KuliMart:

Global rom on MIUI 7 will be out soon.
But the follow come MIUI 6 is in English?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by KuliMart: 4:54pm On Sep 05, 2015
donhils:

But the follow come MIUI 6 is in English?

Yes, English and Chinese.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by donhils: 11:46pm On Sep 05, 2015
KuliMart:

Yes, English and Chinese.
What do you know about Meizu MX5?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Youngzedd(m): 7:37am On Sep 06, 2015
donhils:

That phone is expensive. I prefer MIUI than Flyme OS.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by donhils: 10:08am On Sep 06, 2015
Youngzedd:

That phone is expensive. I prefer MIUI than Flyme OS.
I would be surprised if it were not more expensive. It has better design, metal clad, thinner, 3GB ram, features the same Helio X10 chipset found on the Redmi Note, It's more compact , Super Amoled screen (tho I don't know if this is better than IPS screen), Gorilla 3 screen, and of course bigger & invariably better battery(reason why I haven't bought the Note 2). Redmi Note 2 has standby time of about 142hrs while Meizu Mx5 is over 500hrs.
So, if you have info about the price just say it 1st.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Youngzedd(m): 10:26am On Sep 06, 2015
donhils:

I would be surprised if it were not more expensive. It has better design, metal clad, thinner, 3GB ram, features the same Helio X10 chipset found on the Redmi Note, It's more compact , Super Amoled screen (tho I don't know if this is better than IPS screen), Gorilla 3 screen, and of course bigger & invariably better battery(reason why I haven't bought the Note 2). Redmi Note 2 has standby time of about 142hrs while Meizu Mx5 is over 500hrs.
So, if you have info about the price just say it 1st.

Forget that, Redmi Note 2 battery will last more than MX5.

In antutu benchmark, Redmi Note 2 beats Mx5.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by lanre316: 10:37am On Sep 06, 2015
Youngzedd:

In your usage, how strong is the redmi battery life. As good as infinix hot note?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by donhils: 10:45am On Sep 06, 2015
Youngzedd:

Well, if you say so. Do you have the Redmi? Ok from the guy above, you have the phone. I'll also like to hear the answer to his question.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by donhils: 10:53am On Sep 06, 2015
I doubt if the Redmi battery will last as long as that of the Infinix Hot Note. 4000mah vs 3060mah, 1.4Ghz Processor vs 2.0GHz processor, HD 720p screen vs FHD 1080p screen, 267ppi vs 401ppi. No way, it can't match it.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Youngzedd(m): 11:14am On Sep 06, 2015
lanre316:

In your usage, how strong is the redmi battery life. As good as infinix hot note?

I got no biz with Infinix but if your infinix hot note can't last up to 6 hours on heavy usage then the battery isn't real capacity.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Youngzedd(m): 11:25am On Sep 06, 2015
donhils:
I doubt if the Redmi battery will last as long as that of the Infinix Hot Note. 4000mah vs 3060mah, 1.4Ghz Processor vs 2.0GHz processor, HD 720p screen vs FHD 1080p screen, 267ppi vs 401ppi. No way, it can't match it.

Don't you know that Redmi Note 2 processor consume lesser power than infinix hot note processor.
Infinix hot note uses 2013 Chipset when we're in 2015.

Truth be told, I don’t buy phone because of battery size because too many fake capacity.

Above 3,000mAh battery is okay by me. I look at the following before buying a phone.

1) Chipset, mainly snapdragon but since MTK Helio X10 is good, I have no P.
2) Display: I like quality display so much.
3) OS: MIUI preferable, I can't use any phone that doesnt have MIUI.
4) RAM and ROM: 2/16GB is enough for me.
5) Build quality: That's why I am a fan of Xiaomi.
6) Camera: Another reason I use Xiaomi. They never disappoint.
7) Battery, not less than 3,000mAh. Xiaomi optimize their MIUI and also use real capacity.

In conclusion, I can't use a private phone that is not Xiaomi. Patiently waiting for Xiaomi mi5 this year ending or next year.

I would have get Xiaomi Mi note but the size is too big for me.

2 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by donhils: 11:26am On Sep 06, 2015
Youngzedd:

I got no biz with Infinix but if your infinix hot note can't last up to 6 hours on heavy usage then the battery isn't real capacity.
Do you mean your Redmi Note 2 lasts 6hrs on heavy usage? Like you switch on the phone, press it nonstop till 6hrs? If it's like that it's good. My current LG G Pro lasts 4hrs 30mins if I use it like that.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Youngzedd(m): 11:27am On Sep 06, 2015
donhils:

Do you mean your Redmi Note 2 lasts 6hrs on heavy usage? Like you switch on the phone, press it nonstop till 6hrs? If it's like that it's good. My current phone lasts 4hrs 30mins if I use it like that.

I do not use Redmi Note 2. Y

I use Xiaomi mi3.

Because of the battery of infinix hot note, it should be able to stand 6 hours usage if actually 4,000 mAh is the real capacity.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by lanre316: 12:26pm On Sep 06, 2015
Youngzedd:

Thanks. I just want to know if redmi note 2 has good battery stamina cos good battery life is important to me before I order for the phone. I assume you are using it that was why I asked for the battery performance in comparison to infinix hot note. Thanks again.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by donhils: 8:17pm On Sep 06, 2015
Youngzedd:

Don't you know that Redmi Note 2 processor consume lesser power than infinix hot note processor.

Truth be told, I don’t buy phone because of battery size because too many fake capacity.

Above 3,000mAh battery is okay by me. I look at the following before buying a phone.

7) Battery, not less than 3,000mAh. Xiaomi optimize their MIUI and also use real capacity.

In conclusion, I can't use a private phone that is not Xiaomi. Patiently waiting for Xiaomi mi5 this year ending or next year.

Does MIUI 6 have this pin lockscreen type where the numbers are randomized?

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Nobody: 9:27pm On Sep 06, 2015
Youngzedd:

please can you educate me on chipset? Miui? Please.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Youngzedd(m): 10:42pm On Sep 06, 2015
donhils:

Does MIUI 6 have this pin lockscreen type where the numbers are randomized?

I don't know if there's a settings for that. I don't usually lock my phones because only me handle it.

Waiting for stable version of MIUI 7.

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Youngzedd(m): 10:49pm On Sep 06, 2015
oluwabuse:
please can you educate me on chipset? Miui? Please.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIUI

http://www.mediatek.com/en/products/hero-products/helio-X10/

Helio X10 is Mediatek new Chipset.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Stakekay1(m): 11:07pm On Sep 06, 2015
From my analysis, the battery of this phone discharges at 12% when set on 2G and 20% on 3G per hour respectively on heavy usage. The fast charge is amazing.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by lanre316: 3:34am On Sep 07, 2015
Stakekay1:
From my analysis, the battery of this phone discharges at 12% when set on 2G and 20% on 3G per hour respectively on heavy usage. The fast charge is amazing.

That means it should last the whole day if you only receive and make calls and don't turn on the Internet for long. I think I'm gonna get this phone. I wanted to be sure it's battery stamina is okay.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by KuliMart: 5:23am On Sep 07, 2015
donhils:

According to antutu Redmi note 2 scored higher. Meizu mx5 is expensive. We can get it for you @75,000 NGN only.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by KuliMart: 5:26am On Sep 07, 2015
lanre316:

That means it should last the whole day if you only receive and make calls and don't turn on the Internet for long. I think I'm gonna get this phone. I wanted to be sure it's battery stamina is okay.

I have said this before, it terms on battery Xiaomi doesn't disappoint.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by KuliMart: 5:27am On Sep 07, 2015
Stakekay1:

Xiaomi really charge fast than any device I have used, provided you use Xiaomi original charger.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by KuliMart: 5:38am On Sep 07, 2015
Good News: Third batch finally arrived last week Saturday evening according to information reaching me.

Shipping to customers that pre-ordered starts today.

Third batch is the highest in terms of quantity we have gotten.

Place your order now.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Stakekay1(m): 6:07am On Sep 07, 2015
KuliMart:

Xiaomi really charge fast than any device I have used, provided you use Xiaomi original charger.
True, I have tested that before when I used a friend's Samsung charger, it charged very slow. Using it's own charger will make it to charge fast, I was worried thereafter that hope that my friend's charger won't spoil the fast charge of my phone. angry
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by KuliMart: 6:14am On Sep 07, 2015
Stakekay1:
True, I have tested that before when I used a friend's Samsung charger, it charged very slow. Using it's own charger will make it to charge fast, I was worried thereafter that hope that my friend's charger won't spoil the fast charge of my phone. angry

Haha. No it won't.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by donhils: 6:29am On Sep 07, 2015
KuliMart:

According to antutu Redmi note 2 scored higher. Meizu mx5 is expensive. We can get it for you @75,000 NGN only.
Lol...75k for a China phone? Odi egwu.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by KuliMart: 6:31am On Sep 07, 2015
donhils:

Lol...75k for a China phone? Odi egwu.

iPhone made in China over 200k

HP laptop made in China

Many still expensive smiley
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by donhils: 6:34am On Sep 07, 2015
KuliMart:

iPhone made in China over 200k
HP laptop made in China
Many still expensive smiley
IPhone made in China is different from a China phone.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Seamione(m): 7:40am On Sep 07, 2015
donhils:

IPhone made in China is different from a China phone.
What makes it different? The name or brand?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by KuliMart: 9:21am On Sep 07, 2015
Seamione:
What makes it different? The name or brand?

grin

Good question.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply)

MTN Unveils New Call Tariff Plan: Xtrapro & Xtraspecial / Get 1gb For #100 On Mtn For Free / Airtel CUG Help - Technocrats Pls.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.