Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,126 members, 7,811,177 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:13 AM

Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread (82205 Views)

Infinix HOT 4 (X557) Official Discussion Thread / April 12: The Day Of HTC 10 And Meizu Pro 6 / Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Youngzedd(m): 5:08pm On Sep 10, 2015
donbenie:
Just got my Redmi Note 2 delivered yesterday from Kulimart..#AUTHENTIC

Give us review.

Waiting. ..... ....
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by TheTega(m): 6:12pm On Sep 10, 2015
aieromon:

You have two options

Option 1 - Stick to stock ROM and follow these instructions

http://en.miui.com/thread-146299-1-1.html

Option 2 - Upgrade to MIUI 7 Developer ROM. The ROM is prerooted

http://en.miui.com/download-274.html

Does this ROM also apply to the 32gig version?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by aieromon(m): 6:44pm On Sep 10, 2015
TheTega:

Does this ROM also apply to the 32gig version?

Yes
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Youngzedd(m): 8:59pm On Sep 10, 2015
No company release OTA like Xiaomi.

http://en.miui.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=154715&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D381%26typeid%3D381&mobile=2

I didn't notice 90% of this issues.

Still optimising and adding new features to MIUI.

#MIUI

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Lstar4real(m): 9:16pm On Sep 10, 2015
Xiaomi Redmi note 2 Update release

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Lstar4real(m): 9:19pm On Sep 10, 2015
Well wanna download.... Can't wait for Miui 7

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by donbenie(m): 5:59am On Sep 11, 2015
Youngzedd:

Give us review.

Waiting. ..... ....
I received the phone from Kulimart/the guy is AUTHENTIC by the way)yesterday and have been putting it through its pace since then and my impression so far is as follows ;
PROS;
1.Form Factor :the phone looks nice physically,slim and elegant,my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 looks and feels like a Hulk besides it,the contrast of the red capacitive buttons against the black background looks exotic.
2.Screen:I especially love the screen,the FHD resolution looks sharp and crispy,contrast is great too..coming from a Galaxy Note 2 with Super AMOLED Screen,I love that it can be tweaked to look warm and vibrant like an AMOLED.
3.Battery:Am a heavy user,So far it's performing better than my Galaxy Note 2 ever did and that's good enough for me,the bundled charger is exceptionally fast too.
4.MIUI:The proprietary UI is also a breath of fresh air,it's buttery smooth and so far no hiccups detected,coming from a long line of Samsung's Touchwiz I prefers Xiaomi's simpler take on Android,even my favorite Launcher NOVA is on a cooler for now.
5. APPS:Not too much bloatware like Samsung and some of the bundled ones makes sense and are actually useful too,I especially love their ebook reader..yeah,I love me my ebooks..
CONS;
1.Poor Ram management:the MIUI seems to hog Ram,I had to free up extra Ram constantly,my main quip so far..
2.Nit picking,but the phone is a wee bit on the long side physically,compared to my Galaxy..
So far these have been my observations after a day of use,mostly PROS..am not much of a photo junkie but the camera looks decent to me too and as you can see on picture the focus is OK,I also noticed the phone doesn't seem to heat up much even while charging and using it at the same time..
Conclusion,for the money it's a great deal and no regrets on my part so far ..

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by KuliMart: 11:01am On Sep 11, 2015
Lstar4real:
Well wanna download.... Can't wait for Miui 7

No Android ROM can be compared to MIUI.

SuperB.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Stakekay1(m): 11:26am On Sep 11, 2015
Lstar4real:
What do I need to do to update to MIUI 7? Can I update directly without any issue?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Stakekay1(m): 11:27am On Sep 11, 2015
Lstar4real:
What do I need to do to update to MUIU 7? Can I update directly without any issue?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Stakekay1(m): 11:28am On Sep 11, 2015
Lstar4real:
What do I need to do to update to MIUI 7? Can I update directly without any issue?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by DavisBloom(m): 11:38am On Sep 11, 2015
Lstar4real:
why not update to miui 7 v5.9.2
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by donhils: 11:45am On Sep 11, 2015
Lstar4real:
Stability update of over 900mb? Are they joking? When they'll release MIUI 7, that one will be 4GB
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by DavisBloom(m): 2:08pm On Sep 11, 2015
donhils:

Stability update of over 900mb? Are they joking? When they'll release MIUI 7, that one will be 4GB
lol they released miui7 developer rom already and it just 758mb approx 760mb, developer rom doest means there is bug oh (ther ll be bugs sha)but mior bugs that you may not notice
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by KuliMart: 2:15pm On Sep 11, 2015
donhils:

Won't exceed 800MB.

MIUI 7 is available for developers for now.

Stable version will be released soon.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by donhils: 2:43pm On Sep 11, 2015
KuliMart:

Won't exceed 800MB.
MIUI 7 is available for developers for now.
Stable version will be released soon.
So why did the normal stability update reach 900mb plus?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by donhils: 2:44pm On Sep 11, 2015
DavisBloom:

lol they released miui7 developer rom already and it just 758mb approx 760mb, developer rom doest means there is bug oh (ther ll be bugs sha)but mior bugs that you may not notice
I hope the normal one will be OTA?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by DavisBloom(m): 3:02pm On Sep 11, 2015
donhils:

I hope the normal one will be OTA?
not sure stable rom is coming soon
but when it comes its via OTA
me don download miui7 rom dy wait for my RN2 smiley
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by aieromon(m): 3:24pm On Sep 11, 2015
DavisBloom:

I hope you know the Developer Rom is updated every Friday. Your downloaded ROM might be outdated by the time you receive your device.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by aieromon(m): 3:33pm On Sep 11, 2015
Stakekay1:

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by donhils: 4:01pm On Sep 11, 2015
DavisBloom:

Show us the way na. Hope it doesn't give much wahala? I haven't flashed a rom b4 oh so you'll teach me from the scratch.
Lol I'm just seeing you don't even have the phone and downloaded the MIUI 7. Very funny.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by DavisBloom(m): 4:17pm On Sep 11, 2015
aieromon:

I hope you know the Developer Rom is updated every Friday. Your downloaded ROM might be outdated by the time you receive your device.
i know sha,but what i don know is if it full update (as in re downloading of the whole rom)or just incremental updates,if its incremental updates,i got no p with that since it wont be more than 50 /100 mb,moreover the RN2 dy arrive latest nextweek or tmoro
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Stakekay1(m): 4:35pm On Sep 11, 2015
How do I restrict background data app consumption on this phone?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by aieromon(m): 4:54pm On Sep 11, 2015
DavisBloom:

i know sha,but what i don know is if it full update (as in re downloading of the whole rom)or just incremental updates,if its incremental updates,i got no p with that since it wont be more than 50 /100 mb,moreover the RN2 dy arrive latest nextweek or tmoro

No problem. The only issue is that they don't make incremental updates for all the previous ROM versions. The 5.9.2 ROM should have incremental updates for the next two weeks.

You funny sha....you go buy floor mats and keyholder wey car never show grin

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by aieromon(m): 4:56pm On Sep 11, 2015
Stakekay1:
How do I restrict background data app consumption on this phone?

Go to the Security app,click on Data stats and you will see a list of apps that connect to the internet. Click on the app you wish to restrict and select the restrict background data app consumption from the options.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Stakekay1(m): 5:10pm On Sep 11, 2015
aieromon:

Go to the Security app,click on Data stats and you will see a list of apps that connect to the internet. Click on the app you wish to restrict and select the restrict background data app consumption from the options.
Thanks, but can't locate security app, I can only find security. Can u pls direct me? Thank you.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by aieromon(m): 5:19pm On Sep 11, 2015
Stakekay1:
Thanks, but can't locate security app, I can only find security. Can u pls direct me? Thank you.

It's right there on your homescreen. Check well
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by DavisBloom(m): 5:29pm On Sep 11, 2015
aieromon:

No problem. The only issue is that they don't make incremental updates for all the previous ROM versions. The 5.9.2 ROM should have incremental updates for the next two weeks.

You funny sha....you go buy floor mats and keyholder wey car never show grin
grin you no go understand,their server dy down,was lucky to download it this afternoon
the phone dy naija already,i go collect am tomoro or monday grin
na the RN2 u dy use?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Stakekay1(m): 7:18pm On Sep 11, 2015
aieromon:

It's right there on your homescreen. Check well
Done! Thanks. The con is that one cannot manually turn on the apps when u click on them.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by TheTega(m): 8:19pm On Sep 11, 2015
aieromon:

What app did you use to download this Developer Rom?

Or do you stay In Lagos maybe I could come collect the rom from yyou
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by aieromon(m): 9:12pm On Sep 11, 2015
TheTega:

What app did you use to download this Developer Rom?

Or do you stay In Lagos maybe I could come collect the rom from yyou

You can use UC browser on phone or DAP/IDM on PC.

You can alternatively download the Unofficial ROMS developed by Xiaomi EU. They offer multilanguage ROMS and absence of Chinese bloatware. RAM management is also improved.

Bookmark this link

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=18823

The nickname for the Redmi Note 2 is Hermes and the version number signifies the date of release e.g version 5.9.11 was released on the 11th of September 2015.

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by TheTega(m): 9:40pm On Sep 11, 2015
aieromon:

You can use UC browser on phone or DAP/IDM on PC.

You can alternatively download the Unofficial ROMS developed by Xiaomi EU. They offer multilanguage ROMS and absence of Chinese bloatware. RAM management is also improved.

Bookmark this link

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=18823

The nickname for the Redmi Note 2 is Hermes and the version number signifies the date of release e.g version 5.9.11 was released on the 11th of September 2015.

Are the unofficial roms from Xiaomi Eu, MIUI7 roms?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply)

MTN Unveils New Call Tariff Plan: Xtrapro & Xtraspecial / Get 1gb For #100 On Mtn For Free / Airtel CUG Help - Technocrats Pls.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.