Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,269 members, 7,811,775 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:24 PM

Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread (82221 Views)

Infinix HOT 4 (X557) Official Discussion Thread / April 12: The Day Of HTC 10 And Meizu Pro 6 / Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by donhils: 12:05pm On Sep 07, 2015
Seamione:
What makes it different? The name or brand?
Not the just the name or brand but it's about the entity that Apple represents. It's still Apple phone with their factory in China. It's different from a China brand that's owned and made in China, we all know what China products stand for. A pupil was asked to say the opposite of the word Original and he answered China.
I'm still buying the Xiaomi Redmi Note 2, nothing do me.

2 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Nobody: 1:46pm On Sep 07, 2015
Seems this fone bests umi iron
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by donbenie(m): 1:50pm On Sep 07, 2015
donhils:

Not the just the name or brand but it's about the entity that Apple represents. It's still Apple phone with their factory in China. It's different from a China brand that's owned and made in China, we all know what China products stand for. A pupil was asked to say the opposite of the word Original and he answered China.
Seems you're talking on the issue of quality control,the amount of detail and exacting standard Apple requires of their products,if that's the case then they are not the only OEM this applies to,there are Chinese OEMs too who exacts a high standard of quality control to their products,after all the cost of producing an IPhone is not exactly more expensive than some of these other products..you're are basically paying over the top for the privilege of using an IPhone..
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Nobody: 1:50pm On Sep 07, 2015
donhils:

Do you mean your Redmi Note 2 lasts 6hrs on heavy usage? Like you switch on the phone, press it nonstop till 6hrs? If it's like that it's good. My current LG G Pro lasts 4hrs 30mins if I use it like that.
my infinix hot note pro could go fro 7hours plus of screen on time.without gaming,just a mixture of browsing,downloading and watching videos at close to lowest bar on the brightness setting
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Enasdan(m): 1:59pm On Sep 07, 2015
hello huse any1 who hs used, handled ths phone shuld plz giv a gud & unbiased review of ths xiaomi RMN 2 in d following spec
1) is d body made of metal or plastic
2) the nature of d screen
3) does it support 3G/HSDPA/H+ on bth SIM 1 & SIM 2 slot
4) does it support SD card slot or u hv 2 sacrifice SIM 2 card slot 4 SD card... thnks
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Seamione(m): 2:51pm On Sep 07, 2015
donhils:

My brother, setting sentiments apart, there are lots of these so-called "Chinese" phones that are far better than an iPhone/Samsung products. Xiaomi for instance use good processor and hardware with good designs just as or even better than an iPhone. It's just that people have refused to accept that something good can come out from China and it'll be a difficult task to change their orientation/mentality about it

3 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by KuliMart: 2:53pm On Sep 07, 2015
Enasdan:
hello huse any1 who hs used, handled ths phone shuld plz giv a gud & unbiased review of ths xiaomi RMN 2 in d following spec
1) is d body made of metal or plastic
2) the nature of d screen
3) does it support 3G/HSDPA/H+ on bth SIM 1 & SIM 2 slot
4) does it support SD card slot or u hv 2 sacrifice SIM 2 card slot 4 SD card... thnks

Not a metal
FHD
Support 4G on both sim
A space for SD card slot. SD card slot have nothing to do with sim card slots.

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Engrobiorah(m): 3:15pm On Sep 07, 2015
Manuelson:
best it in wat aspect?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by donhils: 4:37pm On Sep 07, 2015
Seamione:
My brother, setting sentiments apart, there are lots of these so-called "Chinese" phones that are far better than an iPhone/Samsung products. Xiaomi for instance use good processor and hardware with good designs just as or even better than an iPhone. It's just that people have refused to accept that something good can come out from China and it'll be a difficult task to change their orientation/mentality about it
Really? Even when Redmi Note 2 couldn't come with ordinary Gorilla screen. What are the good hardware they use pls?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Seamione(m): 7:42pm On Sep 07, 2015
donhils:

Really? Even when Redmi Note 2 couldn't come with ordinary Gorilla screen. What are the good hardware they use pls?
The fact that Redmi note 2, which is just one of their numerous products didn't come with gorilla glass does not make it an inferior product. Moreover, there are other kinds of screen protector apart from gorilla glass in which I'm very sure one was used for the Redmi note 2 as it passed the scratch, drop and water test. So what else are we talking about? BTW, Some of their other products come with gorilla glass too and they're not just called the Apple of China for the sake of it.
We could go on and on about this but I think it's not really worth it. I've made my point, so if you don't agree with it, it's ok.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Youngzedd(m): 8:22pm On Sep 07, 2015
donhils:

The infinix that comes with gorilla glass how market?

Xiaomi uses glass that's equivalent to gorilla glass on their phones.

What can gorilla glass do that's tempered glass can't do. Tempered glass is better than gorilla glass because if your phone with gorilla glass fall, your screen will be affected but with tempered glass, only the tempered glass will be affected.

Gorilla glass is over hyped.

Why not get Xiaomi phone, that will clear your doubt.

Before I don't use a phone more than 4 months, but since I got Xiaomi mi3 last year, I am still using it and that's the only personal phone I use. I ain't even thinking of getting another phone now. I don't think any Samsung phone can survive the kind of fall my phone do fall.

I haven't seen a phone that will replace it for now.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by khattab008: 8:55pm On Sep 07, 2015
Xiaomi announces an upgrade to it's cheapest phone yet, Xiaomi Redmi 2A

http://m.gsmarena.com/upgraded_xiaomi_redmi_2a_goes_on_sale_tomorrow-news-13892.php

Hope say this one go land without tearing pocket.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by donhils: 9:49pm On Sep 07, 2015
Seamione:
The fact that Redmi note 2, which is just one of their numerous products didn't come with gorilla glass does not make it an inferior product. Moreover, there are other kinds of screen protector apart from gorilla glass in which I'm very sure one was used for the Redmi note 2 as it passed the scratch, drop and water test. So what else are we talking about? BTW, Some of their other products come with gorilla glass too and they're not just called the Apple of China for the sake of it.
We could go on and on about this but I think it's not really worth it. I've made my point, so if you don't agree with it, it's ok.
So in essence you can't tell me other cutting edge hardware that comes with Xiaomi phones? Yea, they are the Apple of China doesn't mean they are Apple of America or South Korea. Haven't you heard the saying that the Catfish is the king in Ponds & Ditches?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by donhils: 9:52pm On Sep 07, 2015
Youngzedd:

The infinix that comes with gorilla glass how market?

Xiaomi uses glass that's equivalent to gorilla glass on their phones.

What can gorilla glass do that's tempered glass can't do. Tempered glass is better than gorilla glass because if your phone with gorilla glass fall, your screen will be affected but with tempered glass, only the tempered glass will be affected.

Gorilla glass is over hyped.

Why not get Xiaomi phone, that will clear your doubt.

Before I don't use a phone more than 4 months, but since I got Xiaomi mi3 last year, I am still using it and that's the only personal phone I use. I ain't even thinking of getting another phone now. I don't think any Samsung phone can survive the kind of fall my phone do fall.

I haven't seen a phone that will replace it for now.
I don't do Infinix oh, this one you're referring Infinix to me. I have touched Infinix phones only twice since they came to Nigeria. I also don't have any problem with Xiaomi, I just said they're a China company and I can't pay 75k for a China phone that won't have resale value in case I want to sell it after 6 months.

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by donhils: 10:04pm On Sep 07, 2015
I'll buy the Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 when Kulimart removes that leather casing and removes its price cos that's one thing I'll never NEVER use. Therefore it'll be a waste of funds for me.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Nobody: 11:44pm On Sep 07, 2015
this phone camera and every other is so on point...
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by KuliMart: 5:22am On Sep 08, 2015
khattab008:
Xiaomi announces an upgrade to it's cheapest phone yet, Xiaomi Redmi 2A

http://m.gsmarena.com/upgraded_xiaomi_redmi_2a_goes_on_sale_tomorrow-news-13892.php

Hope say this one go land without tearing pocket.

Low hardware spec.

4.7-inch 720p touchscreen, an 8 MP rear camera with LED flash, a 2 MP front-facing unit, the Leadcore L1860C chipset with 1.5 GHz quad-core CPU, 4G LTE support, dual-SIM functionality, and a 2,200 mAh battery.

Information reaching me is that 3G network won't work here. It uses TD. For China market.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by khattab008: 6:19am On Sep 08, 2015
KuliMart:

Low hardware spec.

Information reaching me is that 3G network won't work here. It uses TD. For China market.

Ohh, ok thanks for the info.

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Seamione(m): 8:49am On Sep 08, 2015
donhils:

So in essence you can't tell me other cutting edge hardware that comes with Xiaomi phones? Yea, they are the Apple of China doesn't mean they are Apple of America or South Korea. Haven't you heard the saying that the Catfish is the king in Ponds & Ditches?
Ok
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by 4peace(m): 10:23am On Sep 08, 2015
donhils:

It seems you confusing yourself in the name of argument

3 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Lstar4real(m): 10:30am On Sep 08, 2015
donhils:
I'll buy the Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 when Kulimart removes that leather casing and removes its price cos that's one thing I'll never NEVER use. Therefore it'll be a waste of funds for me.
you can pre-order from me..7days arrival....#42000 with Temper Glass ..check my thread out on my signature
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by KuliMart: 11:27am On Sep 08, 2015
We have this phone currently in stock with tempered glass and leather case.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by donhils: 12:15pm On Sep 08, 2015
4peace:

It seems you confusing yourself in the name of argument
Or maybe you're daft and don't understand easily.
You don't understand catfish is not a very big fish found in small ditches where they have even lower fish, crayfish, toads, crabs, anemones and phytoplanktons... in such a place, a catfish becomes the king.
It's not my fault you don't know idioms.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Enasdan(m): 7:34am On Sep 09, 2015
Manuelson:
wht r d features tht makes it better thn umi iron ?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Enasdan(m): 8:04am On Sep 09, 2015
hw true is ths, i ws told by some1 tht xiaomi redmi note 2, 3G can't wrk Nigeria expect in China, who hs used ths phone can u confirm ths...
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Seamione(m): 8:54am On Sep 09, 2015
Enasdan:
hw true is ths, i ws told by some1 tht xiaomi redmi note 2, 3G can't wrk Nigeria expect in China, who hs used ths phone can u confirm ths...
There are two versions, and one of them has 3g and 4g capabilities in Nigeria
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by KuliMart: 9:08am On Sep 09, 2015
Enasdan:

The one we sell is the second version with 3G and 4G compatible in Nigeria.

We have it in stock now.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by josephos: 3:38am On Sep 10, 2015
KuliMart:

Not a metal
FHD
Support 4G on both sim
A space for SD card slot. SD card slot have nothing to do with sim card slots.

PLUS you can use external storage like flash drive on OTG
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by KuliMart: 5:09am On Sep 10, 2015
josephos:

PLUS you can use external storage like flash drive on OTG

Yes.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by KuliMart: 5:13am On Sep 10, 2015
Kulimart is giving away 1,000 NGN discount to 2 Nairalanders.

Apply this voucher code during checkout.

Voucher code: HBUN68J9

Thank you all.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by KuliMart: 1:10pm On Sep 10, 2015
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by donbenie(m): 4:22pm On Sep 10, 2015
Just got my Redmi Note 2 delivered yesterday from Kulimart..#AUTHENTIC

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply)

Get 1gb For #100 On Mtn For Free / Airtel CUG Help - Technocrats Pls. / Gta San Andreas finally released on android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.