Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,999 members, 7,817,955 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (167) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1040651 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by olamitunposi: 11:18pm On Nov 29, 2015
What will you say of someone that said he/she used a F**e SOA and still got Approved?
he/she wasn't faithful with the App but yet he was favored... What will you say about people that got approved without medical request? We all can't believe in the same thing but we need God in all our doings.. That's my opinion... GOD over everything

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by YeToonde(f): 11:31pm On Nov 29, 2015
olamitunposi:
What will you say of someone that said he/she used a F**e SOA and still got Approved?
he/she wasn't faithful with the App but yet he was favored... What will you say about people that got approved without medical request? We all can't believe in the same thing but we need God in all our doings.. That's my opinion... GOD over everything
Thank God for giving you this understanding bro! All we gotta do is diligently seek God in Spirit and in truth, not cos of certain situations we're in and I tell you, Everything will work for our good, even in this world and afterwards. We need to leave this level of Mediocrity!

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Jesusgang(m): 11:36pm On Nov 29, 2015
I have been a silent reader on this thread but trust me God's favor is needed in all including visa applications. Lets stop the self-reliance but rather come to terms that the role of God's favor cannot be undermined (even if your documents are intact and your sop is very attractive).

Regarding Nigeria's economic state, believe me, when God is ready he will turn the situation around. Remember he did free the Israelites when he was ready to.

MIRACLES DO HAPPEN.

To all the TRV hopefuls, *Testimonies loading*

#peace

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Pinkcandy97(f): 11:37pm On Nov 29, 2015
Jesusgang:
I have been a silent reader on this thread but trust me God's favor is needed in all including visa applications. Lets stop the self-reliance but rather come to terms that the role of God's favor cannot be undermined (even if your documents are intact and your sop is very attractive).

Regarding Nigeria's economic state, believe me, when God is ready he will turn the situation around. Remember he did free the Israelites when he was ready to.

MIRACLES DO HAPPEN.

#peace

YES YES
Amen !!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Tenaj123: 11:38pm On Nov 29, 2015
The problem with bringing up theological arguments is that people get really sensitive about these kind of topics and everyone has his or her own views. If we do not stop this argument now, it would probably go on for the next 10 pages.

In other news... Pls I applied about 11 weeks ago, got called for medicals about 5 weeks ago and yet no Visa. I have mailed cic and still no visa. I am actually getting worried. I know there's nothing I can do right now. I just feel sharing my worries would make me feel better.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by olamitunposi: 11:41pm On Nov 29, 2015
Jesusgang:

MIRACLES DO HAPPEN.

#peace

Yes he did after 400 years of Slavery to the Egyptian. Nigeria is Just 55yrs. I believe things will turn for good, it might not be now but sooner or later it will.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by olamitunposi: 11:47pm On Nov 29, 2015
This week will be a week of Testimonies to everyone expecting their TRV. New week, new month, new Testimonies... I will be the first to Testify In JESUS name. INSHA ALLAH. Amen!

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Bamz(m): 2:31am On Nov 30, 2015
I think the argument should cease because there will never be a concensus on these kinds of issues. Whatever fries one's dodo really: if you're the type that over spiritualizes things, or the type that believes God values and compensates hard work, or the type that doesn't fall into the previously mentioned categories.... um I feel a new thread can be created in the Religious section for that kind of discourse.

I'm a Christian and I know what I believe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 3:01am On Nov 30, 2015
Tenaj123:
The problem with bringing up theological arguments is that people get really sensitive about these kind of topics and everyone has his or her own views. If we do not stop this argument now, it would probably go on for the next 10 pages.

In other news... Pls I applied about 11 weeks ago, got called for medicals about 5 weeks ago and yet no Visa. I have mailed cic and still no visa. I am actually getting worried. I know there's nothing I can do right now. I just feel sharing my worries would make me feel better.

It is really disturbing, but try and get busy with something. Start shopping for flights and accommodation. Start preparing if your admission is for Winter 2016. And never allow negative thoughts. Trust God and believe. I know the waiting is killing, especially after medicals, but it's okay. I think mine took about 5 weeks or so after medicals too, so it's not strange.
You shall testify real soon.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 3:31am On Nov 30, 2015
I agree that we should stop the theological argument.
But abeg see the bolded text below; your claim that the fraudulent applicant's success was due to God's "favor" is distasteful and unethical in itself; s/he wasn't "favored" s/he just happened to not get caught. Period. Once we, as Nigerians, become a nation of ethical critical thinkers, we will have a chance. So far, we are too quick to use God as a crutch. And we wonder why Naija is backward. We are a religious nation with ungodly people.
olamitunposi:
he/she wasn't faithful with the App but yet he was favored...
What will you say about people that got approved without medical request? We all can't believe in the same thing but we need God in all our doings.. That's my opinion... GOD over everything

8 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Finestlex(m): 3:59am On Nov 30, 2015
hi everyone, am glad the building is pushing forward to support and encourage all of us... one love

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hayqinsbFX: 4:58am On Nov 30, 2015
Thanks bro
Congratulations again
thesoj:
Conestoga College.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 5:41am On Nov 30, 2015
thesoj:
But abeg see the bolded text below; your claim that the fraudulent applicant's success was due to God's "favor" is distasteful and unethical in itself; s/he wasn't "favored" s/he just happened to not get caught. Period. Once we, as Nigerians, become a nation of ethical critical thinkers, we will have a chance. So far, we are too quick to use God as a crutch. And we wonder why Naija is backward. We are a religious nation with ungodly people.
Ahahaha.... I tire o brother mi. I Just decided to overlook that..... Bro, biko let's just bury this issue. Everyone has right to his or her opinion and/or belief. My own business here is to give my opinion about an issue, and not to enforce my belief or opinion on anyone..... what I see before drawing my conclusions may not be visible to another, hence we'd view things differently. But you know one question I keep asking myself? If a person thinks s/he has nothing to do about his/her application, and that it is 100% in God's hands, with no work on his/her part, what is the person doing on this thread? I think such a person should be in the church or mountain praying, and not here on "Nairaland's Traveling to Canada Thread", anyway, maybe not to ask questions or learn from others, maybe just to encourage people not to work, but leave it all to God to do. Well, it's a new day and goodbye to yesterday.....although it's still Yesterday here.... lolz

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by QueenOfQueens(f): 6:04am On Nov 30, 2015
Newbie here!!

I'm considering relocating to Canada from the U.S for an advanced degree. I schooled and now work in the U.S., but its time to take a leap of faith and a lil challenge for something new. I'm not sure where to start with this process, but I'll try to read backwards and google-it-out.
1. Can I get a students visa over here or do I need to interview in Nigeria?
2. Is it TRV->Student permit or can I work towards them simultaneously?

Does anyone have experience with;
York University
Wilfrid Laurier University
University of Windsor
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 6:25am On Nov 30, 2015
QueenOfQueens:
Newbie here!!

I'm considering relocating to Canada from the U.S for an advanced degree. I schooled and now work in the U.S., but its time to take a leap of faith and a lil challenge for something new. I'm not sure where to start with this process, but I'll try to read backwards and google-it-out.
1. Can I get a students visa over here or do I need to interview in Nigeria?
2. Is it TRV->Student permit or can I work towards them simultaneously?

Your status in the US will determine if you need to go to Naija or Apply here in the US. If your Student Visa is still valid, or you have a legal status (not B1/B2 visa) in the US, then you don't have to go to Naija. You can work while you study. You have 20 hours to work weekly, during academic sessions, and you can work full time during breaks, but you must be a full time student registered in a Designated Learning Institution and your program must lead to a degree or a license. You can also apply for a work permit after your program in Canada.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by QueenOfQueens(f): 6:45am On Nov 30, 2015
ayooluwatoni:

Your status in the US will determine if you need to go to Naija or Apply here in the US. If your Student Visa is still valid, or you have a legal status (not B1/B2 visa) in the US, then you don't have to go to Naija. You can work while you study. You have 20 hours to work weekly, during academic sessions, and you can work full time during breaks, but you must be a full time student registered in a Designated Learning Institution and your program must lead to a degree or a license. You can also apply for a work permit after your program in Canada.

Quick response, thanks!!!
No, I'm not on a "temporary status or student visa" in the US. My concern is because I'm not yet a U.S. citizen. Do Canadian schools usually give graduate assistantship -GA or financial aid for International Students? It seems like the next admission cycle is September '16. That's a long ass wait. It is well.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 6:59am On Nov 30, 2015
QueenOfQueens:

Quick response, thanks!!!
No, I'm not on a "temporary status or student visa" in the US. My concern is because I'm not yet a U.S. citizen. Do Canadian schools usually give graduate assistantship -GA or financial aid for International Students? It seems like the next admission cycle is September '16. That's a long ass wait. It is well.

Oh, then you don't have to go to Nigeria. Sure some schools offer funding to international students. I think it depends on the school, you may be able to apply for May Admission
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Jesusgang(m): 7:05am On Nov 30, 2015
ayooluwatoni:

Ahahaha.... I tire o brother mi. I Just decided to overlook that..... Bro, biko let's just bury this issue. Everyone has right to his or her opinion and/or belief. My own business here is to give my opinion about an issue, and not to enforce my belief or opinion on anyone..... what I see before drawing my conclusions may not be visible to another, hence we'd view things differently. But you know one question I keep asking myself? If a person thinks s/he has nothing to do about his/her application, and that it is 100% in God's hands, with no work on his/her part, what is the person doing on this thread? I think such a person should be in the church or mountain praying, and not here on "Nairaland's Traveling to Canada Thread", anyway, maybe not to ask questions or learn from others, maybe just to encourage people not to work, but leave it all to God to do. Well, it's a new day and goodbye to yesterday.....although it's still Yesterday here.... lolz

I totally agree that everyone is expected to do his/ her part in the visa application (Obviously, you don't expect God to put up a visa application for you). Nevertheless, your effort is nothing without God's favor.

This forum is not for theologies neither is it for self-theories and postulations. We are all here to ADVICE and not brickbat anyone's comments.

A very good day to you all.

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Pinkcandy97(f): 8:13am On Nov 30, 2015
thesoj:

Yes yes! 'Fraudulent' applications is still due to Gods favor. Thats why I said Gods faithfulness has nothing to do with our works. He is faithful to those who put their trust in him. That's why I laugh when people start serving God for their visas. There's no amount of good works that can guarantee or buy any blessing from God. We are only doing good things to Go to heaven. Her own sin is fraudulence, any other persons own can be lying, fighting, greed, lust etc in our everyday life. He doesn't care about the context, SIN IS SIN. Even God knows that we all sin because we are living in a body of flesh. he doesn't look at peoples sins to favor them, he said he will have mercy on whoever he will have mercy on (Romans 9:15) it's up to him to choose who he will be merciful to. Let's stop thinking it's what we do that determines if we will be favored. He just wants you to recognize that he's in control of all things and he will bless you. That doesn't mean we should start using false documents because it's wrong to test God. Good morning guys, testimonies this week IJN

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ganiyuadeoye: 10:24am On Nov 30, 2015
@thesoj .......Can I also get a copy of the SOP ganiyu.adeoye23@gmail.com.

Thanks and how was your weekend?

Hello peeps!!!
My brother got the passport request notice today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is a very complex applicant with no funds of his own (absolute zero), no employment letter (he was self-employed but he made very little from it and didn't register the company), and zero travel history outside West Africa. But we worked hard to get the VO to see that he wasn't lazying about since he finished BSc about five years ago. We put together a really good application (with lots of proof) in spite of the complexity of his application, and apparently the VO was impressed. But let's wait until we see the visa sha.... I previously discussed his application here and here and here.

SailorXY:

Hello. Can I get a copy of the SOP here a_mastermind4ever@yahoo.com?
Thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ganiyuadeoye: 10:29am On Nov 30, 2015
Electrical and Computer engineering UofA and Electrical and Computer Engineering MUN.

Sorry my response this late, weekend was so tight.

Jlakeside:
@ganiyuadeoye.. No wahala bro..what course are you going for?.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Leakingbasket(m): 11:00am On Nov 30, 2015
Pinkcandy97:

Yes yes! 'Fraudulent' applications is still due to Gods favor. Thats why I said Gods faithfulness has nothing to do with our works. He is faithful to those who put their trust in him. That's why I laugh when people start serving God for their visas. There's no amount of good works that can guarantee or buy any blessing from God. We are only doing good things to Go to heaven. Her own sin is fraudulence, any other persons own can be lying, fighting, greed, lust etc in our everyday life. He doesn't care about the context, SIN IS SIN. Even God knows that we all sin because we are living in a body of flesh. he doesn't look at peoples sins to favor them, he said he will have mercy on whoever he will have mercy on (Romans 9:15) it's up to him to choose who he will be merciful to. Let's stop thinking it's what we do that determines if we will be favored. He just wants you to recognize that he's in control of all things and he will bless you. That doesn't mean we should start using false documents because it's wrong to test God. Good morning guys, testimonies this week IJN

In as much I strongly believe not just Nigerians but Africans in general are strongly religious, be it Islam or christianity. I want us to understand something, God is over everything, even the ‘so called’ devil is empowered to an ‘extent’ but God’s power overcomes EVERYTHING.
I am a living testimony to so many things in life, that are beyond explanation but still I give God the Glory.

There are times you get things, be it good or bad, but God sees it all, devil will try steal your joy, happiness. In most cases these things come in two ways, either given to you by God or by devil, something given to you by God will always last, and if God’s plan is different from your plan, you end up not getting it at all. And there are times you get it, which is being given by devil, you will end up getting seriously hurt, but when you quiet about it, God will watch you, just as a big lesson for you to know who you are and where you stand.

Have you asked yourself why some people do the same thing you do but are more successful, and in a way you find out you are not too successful or failing. God will never give you what you can never handle. And even when you are denied, Gods plans for you is to retrace your steps and hang on to him, put your issue before him. (Psalm 71; 20)
The smartness of man compared to that of God is (I leave you to read 1 Corinthians 24-28)

Make we enter Nija english now ooo…. even winch and wizard, dem dey call God names just because them want their plan to work . And God said, not all that ask or call my name will

There are people who get to wherever in the world today and the best places and yet, they end up not being able to live up to standard, their condition gets worsen, some situations are better if they stayed back in Nigeria or go somewhere else. But people as long as you believe and hang on to God, trust me, peace shall be yours forever.

Whether you use best of all documents, originals or fake, trust me, God sees our heart and knows are ‘Genuine’ desires and what is best for us.
So brothers and sisters, please never let off your guard, keep faith and strongly believe in that name Jesus, which makes ever negative knees bow and negative tongues confess. Roman 14:11

God bless us all and grant our heart desires according to his will. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by justwise(m): 11:01am On Nov 30, 2015
olamitunposi:

Shocking! God is a Nigerian honestly else some people will walk straight to hell fire.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by justwise(m): 11:03am On Nov 30, 2015
@All

Please enough of the argument about God and visa lets move on.

Please no more.

Back to Canadian student visa issue.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by dotmons: 11:59am On Nov 30, 2015
Did you say 11 weeks? Woah, dats alot, Been worried for a while, 8th week nw, with medical done and passed, no call yet, but urs is a lot much more than I would have imagined. But all the same, lets keep the HOPE high, someday, sometime, we shall get the call. How I manage to cope, I get my mind occupied with other stuffs, knowing fully well, when the time is come to be, we shall get a positive one.

All the best dude!!!.

Tenaj123:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by wayaa007(m): 12:22pm On Nov 30, 2015
oya enough of this argument, sunday school session is over grin grin grin grin...down to the buisness of the day, any information security student or applicant in the room please

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Ethan45(m): 1:02pm On Nov 30, 2015
@Wayaaoo7, I tire for this mata oh. Maybe its theology classes we're having now. Hmmmm... angry angry
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Shebol01: 1:09pm On Nov 30, 2015
DOCUMENT LIST

-ALL THE REQUIRED CIC IMM- FORMS

OFFER OF ACCEPTANCE/ADMISSION (& Academic Qualification Documents):
1. Official Offer of Acceptance and Unconditional Offer of Admission from University of Regina. (MEng Electronic Systems Eng)

2. University of Regina Pamphlet showing Estimated Tuition Fees & Living expenses: Masters of Engineering estimated total funds required for a year is CAD26,202.55. For 2 years, it is CAD52,405.10 which translates to 7,952,437.93 naira at an official exchange rate of NGN151.75 per CAD for Sept 10, 2015. As contained in the Affidavit of Sponsorship, Sponsors will make available to me CAD9000 per semester which translates to CAD54,000 for the two years which comprises 6 semesters)

3. First Degree Certificate & Final Statement of Results (B.Sc Electrical/Electronics)
4. National Diploma Certificate & Final Statement of Results (Electrical Eng)
5. Engineering Graduate Training Scheme Certificate
6. IELTS Result (7.0)
7. Fee Receipt for First (Winter) Semester (3687.15CAD)
8. Recommendation letters from my Referees (1 Academic, 1 Professional)

Proof of Funds Documents:
1. Sponsorship affidavit from my sponsor 1 (brother) stating that upon our father’s death and due to my good academic performance from high school, he decided to take care of my tertiary education. He pledged to make 9000CAD available to me at the beginning of every semester
2. Sponsorship commitment letter from my sponsor2 (brother)
3. Annual Emolument from sponsor1’s employer- 32Million Naira per annum
4. Letter of Introduction from Employer of sponsor 2- stating salary of 27million naira per annum
5. Employee’s work Savings Document for sponsor . (This Savings Plan is an employee subscription to company share units which is redeemable, up to the stated current value, by the employee). Value as at document date- July 30,2015 is 9.2million naira)

6. Official ID Card for sponsor 1
7. Statement of Salary Account for sponsor 2 (640k+ as at Aug 4)
8. Statement of Savings Account for sponsor 2 (2.2 Mill balance as at Aug 3)(19M+ CR - 17M+ Dr in an acct period of 7mths
9. Sponsor 1-Pay Slips (4 months)
10. My salary account statement: My sponsor- sponsor 2 made an online transfer of NGN250,000 to this account for visa application and travelling expenses on 13-Aug-15.

Sponsor1 made a cash deposit of NGN1,350,000 on 02-Sept-15.

This represents the CAD9000 equivalent as pledged in his affidavit of sponsorship. The tuition fee of NGN600,000 was withdrawn on 02-Sept-15 (Bal on account is 2.1 Million Naira as at 04-Sept-2015)

Letter of Explanation (& Other Supporting Documents)
1. Statement of Intent
2. Attestation of Birth
3. Affidavit of Misspelled Surname by WAEC
4. WAEC Certificate
5. WAEC Result Checking Card (to verify claim in affidavit)
6. Data page of International passport (Sponsor2)
7. Visa Pages on Passport (Sponsor2)
8. Data page of International passport (Sponsor1)
9. Visa Pages on Passport (Sponsor1)
10. Mother’s Consent Letter
11. Mother’s Identity Cards
12. Undergraduate Convocation Ceremony Picture (showing my uncle’s wife, my mother, sponsor1’s wife, me amd Sponsor 1)
13. Family Get-together & Mother’s 65th Birthday Pictures (both with my sibblings and a few family friends)
14. My Resume
15. Offer Letter from My employer (after the Graduate Engineering training programme on Feb 28, 2014, got the offer on May 12, 2014)
16. My Official Identity Card
17. Letter of Confirmation of Appointment (Dec 25, 2014)
18. Letter of Salary Increment (effective January1, 2015)
19. IEEE Membership Certificate and Card 2014
20. Certificate of National Service
21. Undergraduate Scholarships Award Documents (had to include this cos my sponsor1 made reference to it in his sponsorship affidavit)
22. Certificate of Sponsor 2’s wife’s Business (CAC)- EYE CLINIC ( I had to include this because there were some transactions between sponsor’s bank account and the clinic’s as shown in his statements of accounts
23. Eye Clinic Registration form ( Sole Ownership)
24. Sponsor2’s marriage certificate (to show relationship between sponsor and wife)
25. My Pay Slips (for 2 months)

Thank you

Goodday all,

God has done it again. My testimony has come with Part 9. I collected my TRV today. My timeline goes thus:

19 Sept- Online application (MEng, UofR)
21 Sept - Biometrics Request
28 Sept - Biometrics done
Oct 27 - Medical Request
Nov 2 - Medicals done
Nov 6 - Medical Passed
Nov 13- PP Request
Nov 20- PP Submitted
Nov 30 - Visa stamped Passport Collected

....Ever faithful Ever sure God

Many Thanks to NLers for all the immense info. esp @thesoj, @HephzibahBeulah, @ayotomiwa, @hayqinsFX, @MrSiga

I ll update my complete documents soon. smiley

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by debolbet: 1:24pm On Nov 30, 2015
Shebol01:
Goodday all,

God has done it again. My testimony has come with Part 9. I collected my TRV today. My timeline goes thus:

19 Sept- Online application (MEng, UofR)
21 Sept - Biometrics Request
28 Sept - Biometrics done
Oct 27 - Medical Request
Nov 2 - Medicals done
Nov 6 - Medical Passed
Nov 13- PP Request
Nov 20- PP Submitted
Nov 30 - Visa stamped Passport Collected

....Ever faithful Ever sure God

Many Thanks to NLers for all the immense info. esp @thesoj, @HephzibahBeulah, @ayotomiwa, @hayqinsFX, @MrSiga

I ll update my complete documents soon. smiley

Congrat
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by toluine56(m): 1:49pm On Nov 30, 2015
wayaa007:
oya enough of this argument, sunday school session is over grin grin grin grin...down to the buisness of the day, any information security student or applicant in the room please
Could this be different from computer security?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by wayaa007(m): 1:51pm On Nov 30, 2015
toluine56:

Could this be different from computer security?
not really, sent you a pm

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (401)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.