Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,537 members, 7,819,921 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (170) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1041718 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by WESTERNCR: 9:58am On Dec 01, 2015
hmmm........ well said Mr Ayo!! 5.5m is not kulikuli or money for eko! Let her share her transcript for gurus in the house to peruse

ayooluwatoni:

I laugh at the way you people call money here o. 5.5M is so low? 5.5m is not low o. Something must have been wrong. Please share ur profile. I'm particularly interested in:
1. The exact reason(s) the VO ticked.
2. Your tuition fee
3. Duration of program
4. The type of accommodation and your monthly estimate
5. The figures you provided in your application form; for room and board, tuition, others, total funds available for study.
6. Did you prepare/submit any budget? What was your total estimate?
7. Who is your sponsor? Did you establish a relationship with your sponsor?

The truth is, under normal circumstance, an soa of 5.5m is enough to get u a TRV. I stand to be corrected though. According to CIC, an applicant is expected to have at least 10k cad which is about 1.6m for living expenses for a year excluding tuition. Probably you quoted more than you had or the VO was not convinced your sponsor would sponsor you or there was a lump sum. Something must be wrong.
so try and ans those questions. You don't have to be Dangote's child or Davido's brother to school in Canada, else people like us wouldn't get a chance at all.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 10:01am On Dec 01, 2015
nam16:
Thanks. i just chat with them and they confirm is been ready. imagine no notifications...
Thank God. Go pick ur visa bro. Guess they r under pressure again from winter semester applicants
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Arcayo: 10:35am On Dec 01, 2015
Hello house,
I have an offer for fall 2016 at Conestoga construction management and I have started/submitted online application I should go for biometric tomorrow, am I too early for my application?
I am sponsoring myself, married with 2kids not traveling with me though, what are my chances? Please Gurus in the house
I read Architectural Technology
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by dotmons: 10:42am On Dec 01, 2015
Just an act of faith. Wrote this down yesterday, Just hoping and praying things turn out well, and so it came to be.

Dunno, though I played my lil role, but here is the break down. Thanks to you all in the house.

06 October - Online Application (M.SC, UofR)
06 October - Biometric Request
08 October - Biometrics Done
13 November - Medical Request
17 November - Medical Done
19 November - Medical Passed
01 December - Passport Request

Gracias!!!.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 10:44am On Dec 01, 2015
Arcayo:
Hello house,
I have an offer for fall 2016 at Conestoga construction management and I have started/submitted online application I should go for biometric tomorrow, am I too early for my application?
I am sponsoring myself, married with 2kids not traveling with me though, what are my chances? Please Gurus in the house
I read Architectural Technology

You're funny. Just kept laughing. Bros you've submitted your app already. There's nothing any one can do here than to wish you all the best. God will favour you. Just be positive.
BTW, it's not too early to apply for visa. CIC can be unpredictable at times.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 10:46am On Dec 01, 2015
dotmons:
Just an act of faith. Wrote this down yesterday, Just hoping and praying things turn out well, and so it came to be.

Dunno, though I played my lil role, but here is the break down. Thanks to you all in the house.

Gracias!!!.

What a good new month present. .....Congrats

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 10:52am On Dec 01, 2015
dotmons:

Gracias!!!.

Congrats bro. Please dyu submit ielts during application to U of R?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by dotmons: 10:58am On Dec 01, 2015
Yap I did.

jayhumble:

Congrats bro. Please dyu submit ielts during application to U of R?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by SeyiMiilan: 10:59am On Dec 01, 2015
Hello sir, pls go on and apply, give it a try even if it is too early. Nobody can tell u what ur chances are, they can only help vet the documents u are submitting. Hopefully, u wld get good news...@Arcayo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Arcayo: 11:01am On Dec 01, 2015
I actually laughed....thanks for the prayer and encouragement, I will keep positive.
ayooluwatoni:

You're funny. Just kept laughing. Bros you've submitted your app already. There's nothing any one can do here than to wish you all the best. God will favour you. Just be positive.
BTW, it's not too early to apply for visa. CIC can be unpredictable at times.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by aliACCA: 11:04am On Dec 01, 2015
EmmaMsc:

Hi, go through the links on this post

https://www.nairaland.com/2557850/travelling-canada-part-9/140#40089569

thanks bro.. I'm starting... will be back whiles I keep monitoring events and testimony here.....!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Arcayo: 11:05am On Dec 01, 2015
Thanks, it's because of the 41weeks processing time on CIC website

SeyiMiilan:
Hello sir, pls go on and apply, give it a try even if it is too early. Nobody can tell u what ur chances are, they can only help vet the documents u are submitting. Hopefully, u wld get good news...@Arcayo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by SeyiMiilan: 11:05am On Dec 01, 2015
Hello @osexce , pm
deedee0.... (Click on her moniker and send her an email from her profile page).
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by SeyiMiilan: 11:07am On Dec 01, 2015
U wld get a reply before 41 weeks. An average of 12 to 14 weeks. @Arcayo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bamjay: 11:09am On Dec 01, 2015
hi house...i need your help. my referee just informed me that I SHould write the letter and send to him. please anyone that has written his or her reference letter themselves should please send me a copy as soon as possible so i can know how to write my own. tnks.
jolaadeayobami@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by EOJ13: 11:09am On Dec 01, 2015
congratulations!! Please where did u do your medicals? I asked cos it was just two days btw medicals done nd medical passed and most hospitals do say dey send medicals to cic after a 6 -7 days after medicals.
dotmons:

Gracias!!!.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by EmmaMsc(m): 11:37am On Dec 01, 2015
dotmons:

Gracias!!!.
Congrats bro/sis!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Mzzdorah(f): 1:15pm On Dec 01, 2015
Happy New month to the House.... Please anyone going to Regina this month? Or does anyone have a female friend in Regina I can share room with ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by obiscolly(m): 1:39pm On Dec 01, 2015
dotmons:

Gracias!!!.
Congrats bro.. smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by dotmons: 1:55pm On Dec 01, 2015
City: Lagos
Name: Funmilayo Alakija
Address: Q-Life Family Clinic,
Plot 155a Prince Ade Odedina Street,
off Sinari Daranijo, Victoria Island Annexe,
e-mail: qlifecare@hotmail.com and info@qlifefamilyclinic.com
Telephone: +234-8113975433 or +234 7027704055
Spoken Languages: English

Did mine there.

EOJ13:
congratulations!! Please where did u do your medicals? I asked cos it was just two days btw medicals done nd medical passed and most hospitals do say dey send medicals to cic after a 6 -7 days after medicals.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by princeade09: 2:51pm On Dec 01, 2015
good day to everyone and wishing a blessed month of December to us all... This month of December will not swallow you and your family, but will vomit out your riches that other months have swallowed in Jesus name. Amen

I got admission to Dalhousie university for January '16 and applied for visa but got denied on 12th Nov.... insufficient fund and job prospect. therefore I have deferred to may '16

my question is that on the CIC for where they asked for the cost of studies and available fund.
on my admission letter it is written
-off campus residence & food $9900
-tuition fee $7784
- differential fee $8444
all summing to 26513/year

knowing that I will live off campus and I can manage not to spend up to $9900 for food and residence, do I necessarily have to write the $9900 or reduce it...

second question concerning the available fund, am I to write the sponsor account balance only or also add the values of properties for instance if sponsor has a car of 5m and account balance is 10m would I write 5m+10m=15m as available fund or 10m only?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by adeoladele(m): 2:56pm On Dec 01, 2015
i want to know if they issue student visa for a year continuing education course
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by TempusQ(m): 3:25pm On Dec 01, 2015
CIC I hail thee!

1st application (September intake) reasons for denial:
1) purpose of visit
2) travel history
3) family ties
4) personal asset and financial status

2nd Application (January intake) reason for denial:
Only (1) Insufficient fund

I used the same documents as in my 1st application to apply for the 2nd time. The only change was my sponsor's SOA increased from 5M to 6M.
N/B: I paid full 1st semester tuition.
College in Ontario.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by seiraries: 3:30pm On Dec 01, 2015
Hello Prince,
You will see examples to guide you in filling the funds available section in your form here;
https://www.nairaland.com/1229480/travelling-canada-part-4/12

https://www.nairaland.com/2557850/travelling-canada-part-9/62
If the school has quoted 9,900 for off campus living etc. please toe their line but you can split that into "Others/miscellaneous expenses" as well. The links above should shed more light.
I advise that you only quote liquid funds (cash or fixed funds) this means cars, houses or land cannot be added to funds available. These will only reflect as asset.

[quote author=princeade09 post=40580242]

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 3:44pm On Dec 01, 2015
princeade09:
good day to everyone and wishing a blessed month of December to us all... This month of December will not swallow you and your family, but will vomit out your riches that other months have swallowed in Jesus name. Amen

I got admission to Dalhousie university for January '16 and applied for visa but got denied on 12th Nov.... insufficient fund and job prospect. therefore I have deferred to may '16

my question is that on the CIC for where they asked for the cost of studies and available fund.
on my admission letter it is written
-off campus residence & food $9900
-tuition fee $7784
- differential fee $8444
all summing to 26513/year

knowing that I will live off campus and I can manage not to spend up to $9900 for food and residence, do I necessarily have to write the $9900 or reduce it...

second question concerning the available fund, am I to write the sponsor account balance only or also add the values of properties for instance if sponsor has a car of 5m and account balance is 10m would I write 5m+10m=15m as available fund or 10m only?

You can prepare ur own budget, which u will attach to your application. Make the budget real and convincing, but avoid quoting high figures.
Total funds available is the total funds u're getting for ur studies. For example if your sponsor will be giving you 5m, and in your own account, u av like say 2m, total funds available for ur studies will be 7m. Please dont make mistake of writing a figure that is above what u can proof. These people take so seriously whatever you write down by yourself, as they believe it was written by you.
I wish u good luck
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 3:50pm On Dec 01, 2015
TempusQ:
CIC I hail thee!

1st application (September intake) reasons for denial:
1) purpose of visit
2) travel history
3) family ties
4) personal asset and financial status

2nd Application (January intake) reason for denial:
Only (1) Insufficient fund

I used the same documents as in my 1st application to apply for the 2nd time. The only change was my sponsor's SOA increased from 5M to 6M.
N/B: I paid full 1st semester tuition.
College in Ontario.

OMG TempusQ, so sorry about that. It is obviously not about funds. Probably the VO didn't believe the credibility of ur sponsor. What program are u going for and how much ur total tuition fee? What is the duration? How much did your sponsor state he'll give u in his sponsorship letter? Was it insufficient funds to pay living expenses in canada without working or to pay tuition without working? Which one exactly was ticked?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by henifri: 5:08pm On Dec 01, 2015
Wow, Thanks for the info
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by einsteino(m): 5:19pm On Dec 01, 2015
hello folks, please would a photocopied transcript notarised by a court be accepted by MUN?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by AverageNed: 5:25pm On Dec 01, 2015
Good day house.
Does getting a medical request mean that you have passed the state of financial documents?. I know that at this point it is still possible to be denyed. But would the denial still be based on financial documents?.. Thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by boboyi247(m): 5:44pm On Dec 01, 2015
AverageNed:
Good day house.
Does getting a medical request mean that you have passed the state of financial documents?. I know that at this point it is still possible to be denyed. But would the denial still be based on financial documents?.. Thank you.

yap, its very much possible to be deny based on finance after getting medical request.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) ... (401)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.