Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,008 members, 7,825,147 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1042851 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 12:40pm On Sep 04, 2015
sholay2011:

Lol...Omo London. grin You no get problem joor.

Visa no dey get photo na? Or you mean your passport biodata page?

I sabi say e no dey get photo normally, but with dis ur own, na to avoid stories that touch o.

Make dem no go talk say London TRVs dey come with Photo.

I like d Omo London part grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by sholay2011(m): 12:43pm On Sep 04, 2015
darefestus:

I sabi say e no dey get photo normally, but with dis ur own, na to avoid stories that touch o.

Make dem no go talk say London TRVs dey come with Photo.

I like d Omo London part grin
Lol...naughty guy. Photo ko, motto ni. Best wishes bro.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 12:45pm On Sep 04, 2015
sholay2011:
Lol...naughty guy. Photo ko, motto ni. Best wishes bro.
U too much my oga.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Supermum: 12:54pm On Sep 04, 2015
sholay2011:
Okay...make I gist the house my little experience.

Easily got my study permit at Montreal. The officer just requested for my letter of introduction and on seeing my admission letter that it's from UofM, he seemed impressed from his comment and quickly went ahead with preparing it. My epistle ends here for now. So, for people whose visas were stamped in London not Accra, they don't have a problem.

It is well.

Hello Sholay, thanks for the feedback. Glad you landed Winnipeg safely.
I would be joining you @ U of M soon and I hope my journey is drama free. Although sometimes drama is good as it lands you a business class seat.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by sholay2011(m): 1:11pm On Sep 04, 2015
[quote author=Supermum post=37662975][/quote]
Wow...you're coming to U of M? That's great! I look forward to meeting you.

Lol...yours will be drama-free and na First Class dem go upgrade you too. grin Was it because of the drama that I was upgraded? 'Was wondering too sha. Safe flight.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by tariy: 1:16pm On Sep 04, 2015
TheBae:
@Torishe is the visiting visa out yet?
I sent them 3 emails daily for the past 3 days and the passport got dispatched today. If you're running out of time, i'll advise you to send them a COMPASSIONATE PLEA regarding the application and attach a ticket booking itinerary (you don't have to pay for the ticket). I know 3 people who have done this in the past week and got their visiting visas few days after
@TheBAE did you apply for visiting visa and please what are the list of documents submitted.
Also would you advice paper or online route for submission.... Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by gabrola: 1:43pm On Sep 04, 2015
JuneFirst:

Do nothing. It only means that your application is currently being worked on. Since you have waited a week, you should receive a message or another update within the next 1 week.
thanks bro, I was scared dat maybe d update was hanging somewhere grin cos I avnt seen any1 wit such experience hre. cry
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by pachuxy(m): 2:05pm On Sep 04, 2015
amakaffy:
Hello house .... Its very sad after I waited for like 13wkks... I got denied embarassed.... The mean reaso was purpose of visit!!!! Ve called for the refund tho... Pls guys I need help. I want to re-apply again asap... I need sch dat offers Agric economics related course pls ..... I had 2.1 in agric. Economis! Pls help me biko

Dalhousie University has a reputable Faculty of Agriculture. They are the only university in Atlantic Canada offering Agricultural programs.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by TheBae: 2:05pm On Sep 04, 2015
Nice! Congratulations
Torishe:

Dear TheBae,

International passport collected with 5 years visa.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by TheBae: 2:11pm On Sep 04, 2015
I applied for student visa but I applied for visiting visa for some of my family members so visiting me won't be complicated for them. I didnt really submit much cos it was in reference to my application. Just updated SOAs and letter of accompaniment. Applied via paper, that's what I would recommend
tariy:

@TheBAE did you apply for visiting visa and please what are the list of documents submitted.
Also would you advice paper or online route for submission.... Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by slimmy2000: 2:15pm On Sep 04, 2015
darefestus:
Approval mail dropped this noon..Thanks again guys.
As is the custom, here's my timeline.

Mode of Application: Online
1st Application: April 24th 2015
Refused: June 11th
Reasons:
i. Purpose of Visit
ii. Home ties
iii. Travel history
iv. Current employment situation
v. Personal asset and Financial Situation

Mode of Application: Online
Reapplied: 3rd July 2015
Medical request: 11th August
Passport request: 12th August(Got this even before I left the hospital)
Passport Submitted: 17th August
Medicals Passed update: 19th August
Approval: 1st September

School and Programm: UofL, MSc Biomedical Science

Documents Submitted:

All CIC forms
4-Page SOP
Letter of clarification of my previous application stating in my own terms my interpretation of the previous denials.
Admission letter
Acceptance letter from the University
**International Student schorlarship award letter from the University
Undergrad Statement of Result and Transcripts
Waec Result
Birth cert
**Letters from Dad's company stating my role as a director with CAC7 attached as proof.
**Letter from the school I teach as a Science teacher
**Lease agreement with my landlord stating agreed fees and duration of stay (hadnt paid a dime as of then).
**Proof of Ownership of a bus for interstate transportation.

Sponsors were my father and Uncle.

1st Sponsor's SOA opening balance of 1M Closing of 2.5M with 80M worth of transactions over a six month period.
2nd Sponsors SoA of about 8M in Transactions with about 400K as closing balance.

Sponsors CAC docs, Landed Properties, Affidavits of Support, Letters of Sponsorship, Tax certificates and some other relevant documents.

** : Documents I added to my application after the refusal of the first.

I am very grateful to God first and foremost, and to the wonderful members of the thread. I've been a silent reader of some sort lately because of the recent happenings pre and post medicals.

Special mention goes out to the following people, @KjBobo @Pchax @Galaxxxy @Onyeoma3 @Jengbetiele @Tnuola @Team12 @Taike @Deedee0 @ogbeche77 @slimmy2000 @Cocolav @Ivylane and a host of others.

Couldn't have come this far without your help, prayers, concern and advice, particularly after my first application which was a rude awakening.

Special mention also to the forefathers of this wonderful thread, @Justwise @Siga @Fhemmy @Chrigo @Earthgreeners and the likes, who led me to the Canadian dream since Part 5.
@ Darefestus, big congratulations to you!!! See you soon at Lethbridge.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by eridemilade: 2:59pm On Sep 04, 2015
Gudaftanoon everyone, new here but been on d visitors line for sometime nw ND I want to say a big thank u to everyone for the contributions made here it has been helpful.

I ve something bothering me though, it's abt SOWP. I really want to know how to go about it.

Cc: Team 12
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by amakaffy: 3:13pm On Sep 04, 2015
Hay guys help me nao.... I need college offering agric econmics related courses pls
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by TALK2FABO: 3:21pm On Sep 04, 2015
No worries bro na so Canadian visa dey be.

quote author=darefestus post=37662227]@Sholay2011

This your story fear me o I swear.
Mine's London too, thank Goodness they are aware now.
Can't get hypertension for airport, biko.

Btw, my visa no carry photo, shey make I dey scared?[/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 3:21pm On Sep 04, 2015
slimmy2000:
@ Darefestus, big congratulations to you!!! See you soon at Lethbridge.

Thanks Sis.

By his special grace, next week.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 3:51pm On Sep 04, 2015
Unlikely. This question has been answered several times in prior pages. It was previously discussed here.

Graham355:
Good morning everyone. Please can anyone confirm if a pgd can get me in canada even though I have masters degree. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by tariy: 3:57pm On Sep 04, 2015
TheBae:
I applied for student visa but I applied for visiting visa for some of my family members so visiting me won't be complicated for them. I didnt really submit much cos it was in reference to my application. Just updated SOAs and letter of accompaniment. Applied via paper, that's what I would recommend
@TheBAE thank you you for the response can I apply now cos I was refused visiting visa in March when I applied on the basis of the following.
Refused March 19th 2015
1) Travel History
2)Employment
3)Current asst and Financial Status
You have not truthfully answered the questions satisfactorily........
I have a good travel history, run a boutique of mine please what do I do now cos I intend reapplying now cos I travelled immediately after the refusal in March.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 3:59pm On Sep 04, 2015
Do you have a BSc already? Was the program a PGD? What was your BSc in and what course is the Conestoga program? Did you submit an SOP with your TRV application? When did you finish your most recent education and what have you been doing since then? Answering these questions would make it easier to help you.

Btw, a "purpose of visit" denial is usually when the VO is not convinced about why you are going for the program you are going for. This could be because the course is completely unrelated to your first degree and you did not explain clearly why you are going for the course. It sometimes is also because you are going for a program with a lower certificate than the one you already have... e.g. going for a diploma or advanced diploma even though you already have a BSc. A "purpose of visit" delay usually comes with other reasons ticked with it.

Also, to confidently tackle these issues, it would help you to read Part 8 of the thread.

iapaciolo:
...They said you have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your several factors, including:
- travel history
- family ties in Canada and in country of residence
- purpose of visit
- personal assets and financial status
Please advise me on what to do. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by tariy: 4:01pm On Sep 04, 2015
thesoj:
Do you have a BSc already? Was the program a PGD? What was your BSc in and what course is the Conestoga program? Did you submit an SOP with your TRV application? When did you finish your most recent education and what have you been doing since then? Answering these questions would make it easier to help you.

Btw, a purpose of visit denial is usually when the VO is not convinced about why you are going for the program you are going for. This could be because the course is completely unrelated to your first degree and you did not explain clearly why you are going for the course. It sometimes is also because you are going for a program with a lower certificate than the one you already have... e.g. going for a diploma or advanced diploma even though you already have a BSc.

@thesoj my ogas questions at you oooo help me solve matter ooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by TheBae: 4:06pm On Sep 04, 2015
Yes you can apply now as long as the circumstances have changed abit. In your last app, did you submit your CAC documents and your SOA? Any landed properties? What's the longest time you've spent visiting outside the country? Travel history isn't a big deal as long as you're not a regualr visitor of terrorist countries and you've never overstayed.
So if you can show your personal assets and source of income, you'll be fine.
tariy:

@TheBAE thank you you for the response can I apply now cos I was refused visiting visa in March when I applied on the basis of the following.
Refused March 19th 2015
1) Travel History
2)Employment
I have a good travel history, run a boutique of mine please what do I do now cos I intend reapplying now cos I travelled immediately after the refusal in March.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 4:10pm On Sep 04, 2015
What is the purpose of your travel to Canada? Did you submit an SOP with your first application?

In any case, I recommend you attach to your next visiting visa application a strong SOP explaining and clarifying (with proof) the issues the visa officer believed you did not answer truthfully. This is highly important.

Include every proof you can find about the boutique you run, including CAC docs (if available) and tax certificates). Use notarized copies if they dont accept originals.

tariy:
...Refused March 19th 2015
1) Travel History
2)Employment
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by eridemilade: 4:22pm On Sep 04, 2015
eridemilade:
Gudaftanoon everyone, new here but been on d visitors line for sometime nw ND I want to say a big thank u to everyone for the contributions made here it has been helpful.

I ve something bothering me though, it's abt SOWP. I really want to know how to go about it.

Cc: Team 12
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by tariy: 4:29pm On Sep 04, 2015
TheBae:
Yes you can apply now as long as the circumstances have changed abit. In your last app, did you submit your CAC documents and your SOA? Any landed properties? What's the longest time you've spent visiting outside the country? Travel history isn't a big deal as long as you're not a regualr visitor of terrorist countries and you've never overstayed.
So if you can show your personal assets and source of income, you'll be fine.
Yea I have Never overstayed in all countries I visit and also included my business certificate, yearly tax payment with the Tax Clearance Card and receipt of 2 landed property purchased too...(Countries are Holland,France,Italy,Austria, Turkey,Malaysia,Dubai,South Africa,India n Kenya....
Abeg which one is terrorist country ooooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Bamz(m): 4:29pm On Sep 04, 2015
Ajibade105:

Help me with his/her email address

Oops my bad, he's going to another uni in Sask province, not exactly Uni of Sask.,

Cheers!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by tariy: 4:32pm On Sep 04, 2015
thesoj:
What is the purpose of your travel to Canada? Did you submit an SOP with your first application?

In any case, I recommend you attach to your next visiting visa application a strong SOP explaining and clarifying (with proof) the issues the visa officer believed you did not answer truthfully. This is highly important.

Include every proof you can find about the boutique you run, including CAC docs (if available) and tax certificates). Use notarized copies if they dont accept originals.

Please what's SOP and where can I notarize cos I think someone posted they don't accept original copies anymore...
I did include CAC, Yearly payment of Tax n Tax Card
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by justicia: 4:38pm On Sep 04, 2015
@Team12 and Supermum. I join eridemilade to officially beg you madams to guide us on how to go about SOWP. I remember asking to be directed here once buh I got no reply. I guess u guys didn't read my post then sha. Is it online or is it by paper route. The last time I checked I didn't see it online. Thanks for your help already.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 5:10pm On Sep 04, 2015
SOP -> Statement of Purpose, aka Letter of Intent aka Letter of Explanation or whatever else you might wish to call it. smiley

You can notarize a document at a high court. If you are in Lagos, go to Ikeja High Court or the one at Igbosere on Lagos Island.

tariy:

Please what's SOP and where can I notarize cos I think someone posted they don't accept original copies anymore...
I did include CAC, Yearly payment of Tax n Tax Card
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by VickyRotex(f): 5:29pm On Sep 04, 2015
gabrola:
thanks bro, I was scared dat maybe d update was hanging somewhere grin cos I avnt seen any1 wit such experience hre. cry

I experienced it about 6 different times. So worry not.

Besides, it also happens when you tick the "update me monthly" box.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Mykel12: 5:50pm On Sep 04, 2015
pascal2young:
please i would love to get clarification on msc admission. For those who have gotten admission into alberta,calgary and MUN, did you have to contact a potential supervisor before applying for m.sc
For MUN... i only contacted the faculty and also the department...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Mykel12: 5:52pm On Sep 04, 2015
einsteino:

what course were you admitted into? also is it a M.ASc or M.eng?
Computer Engineering M.ASc
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by tariy: 6:02pm On Sep 04, 2015
thesoj:
SOP -> Statement of Purpose, aka Letter of Intent aka Letter of Explanation or whatever else you might wish to call it. smiley

You can notarize a document at a high court. If you are in Lagos, go to Ikeja High Court or the one at Igbosere on Lagos Island.

Boss so sorry for disturbing you please kindly help to list the documents which I can notarize and would love to get a sample of a good SOP pleaseeeeeeeeee.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by TheBae: 6:16pm On Sep 04, 2015
Then I think you should write a strong SOP to address these issues. As for land receipt, try to get a survey or deed of assignment if possible.. Maybe @thesoj can help you our here
tariy:

Yea I have Never overstayed in all countries I visit and also included my business certificate, yearly tax payment with the Tax Clearance Card and receipt of 2 landed property purchased too...(Countries are Holland,France,Italy,Austria, Turkey,Malaysia,Dubai,South Africa,India n Kenya....
Abeg which one is terrorist country ooooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (401)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.