Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1042630 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by meko007: 6:24pm On Sep 04, 2015
Ok I was denied visa yesterday and my sch starts sept 8 2015. Gonna refire this month,these factors made them deny me;

Travel history,family ties.....,personal asset stuff( dad SoA was 3.2mil and paid $10k of my tuition fees $12k)

I'm I gonna write any letter to them when refiring?

An immigration consultant that helped me gain admission,Can she help me with visa procurement?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 6:43pm On Sep 04, 2015
Notarize all the most important documents for which originals won't be accepted e.g. CAC docs, tax clearance, etc.

For SOP... most SOPs on this thread are for study permit so they may not help you for visiting. The thing is you don't need to follow anybody's format anyways... Just write a letter explaining why you want to visit Canada (who is inviting you, if any... when you want to go, how much you have budgeted for the trip. what you will gain from your visit, etc). Also clarify any discrepancies or confusions you feel may have been in your previous application.

Additionally, address the travel history issue (you said you travelled out right after your previous application... State your travels and refer to the attached proof, e.g. copies of stamped entry/exit passport pages). Address the family ties issue by explaining what family you have in Naija and your important role in the family... Include photos of the family or other proof. For personal assets and financial status, discuss your business, why you enjoy doing it, how it ties you to Nigeria, and maybe how your visit to Canada will positively influence the way you interact with your future international clients. Also discuss the finances of your business and refer to the attached CAC and tax clearance docs.

Really, the SOP is your opportunity to say whatever you want however you want to say it. In my opinion, the SOP is your greatest weapon. Use it well. It is just a letter about you and your intentions.

Also, please do not copy any portion of another person's SOP. You would be doing your app a disfavor if you did this. No offense intended. Best

tariy:

Boss so sorry for disturbing you please kindly help to list the documents which I can notarize and would love to get a sample of a good SOP pleaseeeeeeeeee.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by meko007: 6:44pm On Sep 04, 2015
When re-appling for Trv( recently denied), can I use a diff sponsor SOA when re applying?

How can a Immigration consultant in canada help me with my visa? she's the one the got me admission over there in canada.

I'm going for 1 year Auto Mechs program, can my start date be change to January semester?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bolajibreeze: 6:45pm On Sep 04, 2015
June 22nd>>>>>>>> Sept 4th, and just 5 days to resumption. Issokie, God is in full control. It will be alright for all TRV hopefuls IJN. Don't drop the faith by 1%, it really isn't over until it is over. God understands all !

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by pascal2young(m): 6:48pm On Sep 04, 2015
Mykel12:
For MUN... i only contacted the faculty and also the department...
tnks bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 7:00pm On Sep 04, 2015
bolajibreeze:
June 22nd>>>>>>>> Sept 4th, and just 5 days to resumption. Issokie, God is in full control. It will be alright for all TRV hopefuls IJN. Don't drop the faith by 1%, it really isn't over until it is over. God understands all !
Hmmm. It is well bro.. Just have it in mind that "There's always lights at the end of every tunnels. #Keep the faith and Head Held High. God go do am

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by tariy: 7:33pm On Sep 04, 2015
@TheBae and thesoj thank you so much really do appreciate.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 7:47pm On Sep 04, 2015
mcqueen1:

Thanks,
Do you think my CAC and landed doc is enough to cover for my personal asset and finances? They we're not included in my previous application
I think so. It will be better if you can get the land evaluated or you state the current worth of the land. The CAC too, I think it will be good if u talk more on what ur company is into in your SOP.....you can hype it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 7:49pm On Sep 04, 2015
tonero230:

Can my sister that stays in lagos collect my documents for me at VAC.
I think so, if the person is with your teller and receipt.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 7:52pm On Sep 04, 2015
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by tonero230(m): 7:55pm On Sep 04, 2015
ayooluwatoni:
I think so, if the person is with your teller and receipt.
ok
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Pinkcandy97(f): 8:14pm On Sep 04, 2015
I was just told to come and pick up my passport on Monday. Thank you for you advice and thank God for everything. It would all end in testimony. I can't wait to share my testimony on here
TheBae:
They advise againdt it but it isn't a crime + having a flight itinerary doesn't mean you've paid for it. It's just to show that plans are already kicking off. There's nothing wrong with that, that's why it's a compassionate plea not a letter claiming entitlement

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by TheBae: 8:38pm On Sep 04, 2015
You're welcome. @thesoj pretty much explained it all in detail. So think about it and try to work on a very good SOP that will counter every reason. Goodluck
tariy:
@TheBae and thesoj thank you so much really do appreciate.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Supermum: 9:08pm On Sep 04, 2015
justicia:
@Team12 and Supermum. I join eridemilade to officially beg you madams to guide us on how to go about SOWP. I remember asking to be directed here once buh I got no reply. I guess u guys didn't read my post then sha. Is it online or is it by paper route. The last time I checked I didn't see it online. Thanks for your help already.

@ justicia and Eridemilade, I applied paper route. Don't know much about the online route but I don't think the documents you need should be any different.
In my case, applied alongside my hubby. I listed my docs earlier.
If there's any specific question you would like me to answer, please ask as I will be happy to help out

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 9:19pm On Sep 04, 2015
pascal2young:
please i would love to get clarification on msc admission. For those who have gotten admission into alberta,calgary and MUN, did you have to contact a potential supervisor before applying for m.sc
For MUN, u won't need a supervisor if ur program is course based, but if it is research based, u will have to get a supervisor first!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by AverageNed: 9:46pm On Sep 04, 2015
Please I just wrote my waec this year, and i would like to know if canadian universities (Ontario) can accept me for undergraduate studies.
I need advice Urgently because i would like to apply to for Winter 2016
My Waec Grades are:
A1- Computer Studies
B2- Data Processing
B2- Civic Education
B3- Biology
C4-English Language
C4-Further Mathematics
C5-Physics
C6-Mathematics
C6-Chemistry
I know its not strong at all
but i would like to know if i could get admission with this result. Thankyou.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Raxxye(m): 9:56pm On Sep 04, 2015
Oh meehn! This thread dey move at the speed of light!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Onyeoma3: 10:12pm On Sep 04, 2015
Hello guys, any lady looking for accommodation in Ottawa should buzz me.

A lady friend is looking for whom to share a 2 bedroom apartment with.

A God-fearing lady before and after chopping TRV is the ideal target (cos everyone dey repent, fast and pray during visa application). wink

8 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by JuneFirst: 10:47pm On Sep 04, 2015
AverageNed:
Please I just wrote my waec this year, and i would like to know if canadian universities (Ontario) can accept me for undergraduate studies.
My Waec Grades are:
A1- Computer Studies
B2- Data Processing
B2- Civic Education
B3- Biology
C4-English Language
C4-Further Mathematics
C5-Physics
C6-Mathematics
C6-Chemistry

Yes ...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Aigbogun01: 10:48pm On Sep 04, 2015
A friend of mine needs to do her police report and she is in Abuja. Who can please help with the location where she can get it done in Abuja. Thanks!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 11:02pm On Sep 04, 2015
Apply for next year summer or Fall. Yes you will be able to get admission to schools.
Winter is too close. It is very unlikely that would be get both admission and TRV within this short time window.

To search for schools, use this link.
Also, richcasey's links will help you in the long run.

AverageNed:
...i would like to know if canadian universities (Ontario) can accept me for undergraduate studies.
My Waec Grades are...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by AverageNed: 11:28pm On Sep 04, 2015
thesoj:
Apply for next year summer or Fall. Yes you will be able to get admission to schools.
Winter is too close. It is very unlikely that would be get both admission and TRV within this short time window.

To search for schools, use this link.
Also, richcasey's links will help you in the long run.

Thank you sir.
Please how long does the TRV take?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by AverageNed: 11:29pm On Sep 04, 2015
JuneFirst:

Yes ...
Thank you Sir.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 11:40pm On Sep 04, 2015
8 weeks on average. I would strongly advise you to read through the thread. Read Part 8. If you can't read the whole thing, read like 200 consecutive pages of any part of Parts 6, 7, or 8. Most people on the thread ignore questions that have been answered over and over. Best.
AverageNed:
Thank you sir.
Please how long does the TRV take?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by teetoui: 12:11am On Sep 05, 2015
Hello, I have a room for rent in a 2 bedroom apartment. Anyone coming to Ottawa this month or next can send me an E-mail. Female preferred wink
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by lattychem: 12:45am On Sep 05, 2015
ATTENTION PLEASE
I have been following this thread since June but I have one problem. Please can my Cousin be my only Sponsor. He is ready to carry everything,start from school fee and other expenses..PLS HELP ME OUT
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by AverageNed: 12:58am On Sep 05, 2015
thesoj:
8 weeks on average. I would strongly advise you to read through the thread. Read Part 8. If you can't read the whole thing, read like 200 consecutive pages of any part of Parts 6, 7, or 8. Most people on the thread ignore questions that have been answered over and over. Best.
Thank you. Really Grateful.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by teetoui: 1:10am On Sep 05, 2015
Onyeoma3:

A God-fearing lady before and after chopping TRV is the ideal target (cos everyone dey repent, fast and pray during visa application). wink

Hello, I am looking for a roommate too but I might consider moving. Where in Ottawa does your friend stay?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 1:33am On Sep 05, 2015
Please endeavor to read the thread.
The question has been answered over and over. The answer is yes.

lattychem:
ATTENTION PLEASE
I have been following this thread since June but I have one problem. Please can my Cousin be my only Sponsor. He is ready to carry everything,start from school fee and other expenses..PLS HELP ME OUT
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hayqinsbFX: 3:08am On Sep 05, 2015
It's true....lol
And some people think it's because they abstained for the period of time that gavve them TRV.
May God forgive us all...as that in itself is a sin...
Thinking we were given on merit by God.

God is not to be mocked...
Onyeoma3:

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (401)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.