Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,318 members, 7,846,402 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (317) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1047741 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by emma4eva(m): 8:54am On Feb 23, 2016
adeyemidare:
#Modified!

@ Emma4, l I applied with a CGPA of 4.5 and awaiting decision. Made a list of 15 schools including US ones.
Since i wasnt going to apply to "inferior" schools, arranged my list based on course rating and funding as stated on the web. US went out with GRE score of 296, removed Canadian schools requesting hard copy transcript due to funds and was left with three Canadian Schools including Ryerson. Am not sure most funding deadline hasn't close. Let Excel help you in the arrangement and ordering.
Go, research and be truthful to yourself in the process. Shalom!
thanks, I'm going for a professional(MEng) course because I don't want to go through the issues of securing a supervisor, I wouldn't be able to meet up with the deadline for University of Ottawa and Carleton University, I'm also trying to avoid schools that ask for official transcript during application, so my options are Ryerson uni, Uni of Windsor, Western University and university of Guelph. Thanks again

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by emma4eva(m): 9:00am On Feb 23, 2016
Giov:
I applied since Nov 24th 2015 to MUN and yet decision has not been made although it was stated on their page that review of application/decision is normally done a month after app deadline. So chill. The best way to go about cushioning the effect of this long wait is to engage yourself with other meaningful activity. Peace.
wow, since November, Am hoping to be done with admission and visa matters before fall semester, I'm still a corper though.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by adeyemidare(m): 10:39am On Feb 23, 2016
emma4eva:
wow, since November, Am hoping to be done with admission and visa matters before fall semester, I'm still a corper though.

Corper We!
Morale!
Representing 2015 Delta Batch A Stream 2, I sing Otondo! Oya! Dance!

I see you've weighed your options. Nice one. Not sure professional course have complete funding o. Check your "pocket" and school fees well before you dash those hundreds of CAD out.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hayqinsbFX: 1:20pm On Feb 23, 2016
That is hw CIC will b sayin u have sometin in ur mycic and u wee not find smethn there...

#justsaying..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 1:31pm On Feb 23, 2016
My ancestors I hail thee
I'm about to apply for the graduate certificate program at humber but I'm a little confused,on the site it says scan bachelors degree and transcript
Do they mean certificate and transcript?As I haven't collected my certificate yet
Can I scan transcript alone?
Plus how do I pay the $75CAD with my ATM?
Anyone applying for sept 2016?
Pls help
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by WenduIce: 1:35pm On Feb 23, 2016
Please I really need to talk to you via email. Ive sent u a pm. Thanks

thesoj:
Sometimes I just get so sad when I see Nigerians abusing each other over nothing, especially when one of the parties claims to be superior to the other.

@Mizbaby, while I thought you started off correcting some initial misinformation by @eruditor, you singlehandedly let the argument degenerate into a rain of abuses and chest-thumping and then added misinformation of your own. @Bandeco mentioned that you have a NL history of brazenly abusing others on other threads and from reading your history this is so true. You might not be a bad person offline but you need to cool off on the pride.

We all need to have humble hearts, which makes it easy to help and correct each other without the "I beta pass you" attitude.

As an agnostic atheist it just blows me away how the same people on this thread who invoke God's help to get their TRV are some of the same people encouraging using fake documents or projecting extraordinary pride towards others. Oh well.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by senatonato(m): 1:46pm On Feb 23, 2016
Kirri:
My ancestors I hail thee
I'm about to apply for the graduate certificate program at humber but I'm a little confused,on the site it says scan bachelors degree and transcript
Do they mean certificate and transcript?As I haven't collected my certificate yet
Pls help
If u have ur statement of result i think u can use that.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 2:08pm On Feb 23, 2016
thesoj:
Sometimes I just get so sad when I see Nigerians abusing each other over nothing, especially when one of the parties claims to be superior to the other.

@me away how the sam

thesoj you are very smart guy. I remember seeing a couple of your posts one time and your insight is tremendous. But I forgot your username so couldn't check you again. But seein this post I'm 99% sure you're the guy that mentioned nigerians always looking for the path of least resistance. That has resonated within me for a while.

I'm a firm believer in Christ but I'm sorry to say I believe this world would be a better place with more of your kind of athiest and less of some "Christians".

Perhaps sometime we can have a chat and discuss your concepts of christianity and atheism. Maybe one of us may have some misconceptions.

Your moniker is androgynous. I've assumed you are male.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by broxymall(m): 2:40pm On Feb 23, 2016
@thesoj
Greetings to you.
humm pls i recently applied for may 2016 @simon fraser last december,
i got an offer,so just 2 week ago,i applied for my visa..
but am kinda worried,
i heard a sponsor account should not be less than 6million..
but given the situation i discovered my pman was always having like 10 million in his account ,then nextweek it remains 7million,again another week a sum of 13million was credited of which i don't know where it came from,
But
before i applied his account balance was 3million + ,
his monthly salary is 650k+.

should i be concerned?
am running as an undergraduate
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by adeyemidare(m): 3:04pm On Feb 23, 2016
Kirri:
My ancestors I hail thee
Pls help

Mail the school on your situation of certificate.
I used my GTB ATM during my application.
I applied for Sept 2016. Shalom!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by emma4eva(m): 4:26pm On Feb 23, 2016
adeyemidare:

Corper We!
Morale!
Representing 2015 Delta Batch A Stream 2, I sing Otondo! Oya! Dance!

I see you've weighed your options. Nice one. Not sure professional course have complete funding o. Check your "pocket" and school fees well before you dash those hundreds of CAD out.
Hahaha, you are funny, have you applied to ryerson uni yet?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Oboerhiri(m): 4:26pm On Feb 23, 2016
adeyemidare:

Mail the school on your situation of certificate.
I used my GTB ATM during my application.
I applied for Sept 2016. Shalom!

Hello everyone, I applied to Humber and just gained admission for September 2016, passed my medicals during my first application, though I was refused the study permit the first time, I just referenced it in the current application and it is showing Passed. just waiting for the passport request email.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by adeyemidare(m): 4:46pm On Feb 23, 2016
Oboerhiri:

Hello everyone, I applied to Humber and just gained admission for September 2016, passed my medicals during my first application, though I was refused the study permit the first time, I just referenced it in the current application and it is showing Passed. just waiting for the passport request email.

What's the validity duration of medical test when upfront?

I want to believe you tackled reasons for first delay.
God's mercy and favour will shine on your Application this time. Amen. Shalom!

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by adeyemidare(m): 4:49pm On Feb 23, 2016
emma4eva:
Hahaha, you are funny, have you applied to ryerson uni yet?

Smiles. Submitted all documents early January. Sipping 7up and Looking unto God.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ganiyuadeoye: 4:52pm On Feb 23, 2016
Congrat bros, Dalhousieter here we go.....Which season or semester are you going for? cc @bamz

dareyh:
Thank You NAIRALAND!
Was almost using an agent before a friend in Canada referred me here.
Number of trial:1
Paper Route Submission: Dec 21,2015.
Medical Call: Jan 25,2016.
Medical Done: Jan 29,2016
Medicals sent to embassy by Consultant Practice; Feb 2,2016
I now got more scared at this point cos I have read of many ppl that were denied after medicals.
My Heartbeat after this period increased.
Approval mail wasnt coming early as most ppl get it so I got terrified daily.
On Feb 19,2016 at 11.07am: Approval Mail from CIC.
I took special lessons from posts by Seiraries,HayqinsbFX,TheSoj,Tnuola and some other names I cant remember .

MSc Chemical Engineering,Dalhousie Univ.
First Degree was also Chem Engr.

Abeg guys when am I likely to get dispatch mail from VFS?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hayqinsbFX: 5:37pm On Feb 23, 2016
when did you apply for the visa
Oboerhiri:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Oboerhiri(m): 6:37pm On Feb 23, 2016
hayqinsbFX:
when did you apply for the visa

I applied for the visa 17th December 2015 after receiving the refusal email on December 15th
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Oboerhiri(m): 6:42pm On Feb 23, 2016
adeyemidare:

I don't really know about the validity duration of medical test but the date of reapplication from the time of my medicals was about a month. I tackled all reasons for first refusal.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by KELVIN086: 6:53pm On Feb 23, 2016
ganiyuadeoye:
Congrat bros, Dalhousieter here we go.....Which season or semester are you going for? cc @bamz

Does dalhousie uni require toefl, or do they recognise nigeria as an English speaking country.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by dmines22: 7:11pm On Feb 23, 2016
Oboerhiri:

Hi, please how do you reference it....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by metrecube(m): 7:38pm On Feb 23, 2016
adeyemidare:

Medical Test valid for 12 months.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by KELVIN086: 7:48pm On Feb 23, 2016
Hello house , i can see there are many people on this thread admitted to the universities ive listed below.pls those that have applied to the universities listed below If u know if any of the schools below requests for toefl from nigerian applicants kindly reply me. Among all of them I've stated below I'm sure of only western uni that does not require toefl cause it's clearly stated on their site , but others only say non English speaking countries are to have toefl , nigeria may or may not be recognised as an English speaking country.
Carleton uni , dalhousie uni , ryerson uni, western ontario , windsor , university of ottawa.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by BE811APP: 7:53pm On Feb 23, 2016
Please House, How does dis WES(World Education Service) or Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) work?

for someone going on SOWP do u need to do WES while in Nigeria or till u get to canada?
Is it compulsory?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Oboerhiri(m): 7:53pm On Feb 23, 2016
dmines22:

Hi, please how do you reference it....

The biodata page that was printed out and given at the Hospital was what I scanned (online application). Check the information on how to reference upfront medicals.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by badex108: 7:56pm On Feb 23, 2016
pls hw much will GTB charge per CAD cos i dont want to pay *2money
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Royat1(m): 8:03pm On Feb 23, 2016
Just Got a biometric invite today! What are the necessary things to take along
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hayqinsbFX: 8:03pm On Feb 23, 2016
okay...
when did it change to medical passed

all d best
Oboerhiri:

I applied for the visa 17th December 2015 after receiving the refusal email on December 15th
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by badex108: 8:13pm On Feb 23, 2016
hello, i just applied for university of Saskatchewan fall term . so i know nting much about the school. so if any one study in the school or knows much about it pls kindly reply me cos i applied 4 BSC and i dont want to
be in the wrong part. that why i seek for the help of dos who knows much about the school
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Giov: 9:00pm On Feb 23, 2016
Royat1:
Just Got a biometric invite today! What are the necessary things to take along
Documents, 2digital passports with white background (with CIC specification in terms of size) 2 photocopies international passport data page den go with about 50k if u wana pay cash. Note that it may not be up to that amount. Please gurus in the house help on.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by adeyemidare(m): 10:07pm On Feb 23, 2016
KELVIN086:
say non English speaking countries are to have toefl , nigeria may or may not be recognised as an English speaking country.
Carleton uni , dalhousie uni , ryerson uni, western ontario , windsor , university of ottawa.

Applied to Ryerson with TOEFL but I think an English as a Medium of learning letter from your school would do the magic too. Email admission office for more info. Shalom!

(1) (2) (3) ... (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) ... (401)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.