Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,791 members, 7,810,056 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:39 PM

Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures - Agriculture (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures (342487 Views)

Christmas And New Year Broiler Broading / Growing Maggot For Animal Feed in Pictures / The Fast Money Making Machine Crop In Pictures You Can Start Now!!. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (162) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by omejeo: 9:16pm On Feb 03, 2017
oshonola:
for grower mash per 50kg

Maize 15 kg

Maccaroni 7 kg

Soya beans meal 8 kg

Wheat ofal 12 kg

Pkc 4 kg

Bone meal 2kg

Lime stone 2kg

Methionine 0.03kg

Lysine 0.03kg

Toxin binder 0.025kg

Salt 0.1 kg

Detoxyizyme 0.025kg

Growers premix 0.1

Layers coming soon
pls sir whatof broiler starter and finisher thanks
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by shortiespro: 5:19am On Feb 10, 2017
So yesterday birds started dropping eggs ....

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Nobody: 8:59pm On Feb 13, 2017
samsam5:

Humm......Marketing? How about the health issues. I know someone who complained bitterly about OBJ broilers.
And based on my little experience, I think your birds needs to stay alive and stay healthy before they can make it to the market. If birds are healthy, you are not likely going to spend fortunes on medications.
Out of the 142 birds I got 3weeks ago, 102 birds were said to be from OBJ, 8birds had already gone to the grave beyond; out of the remaining 94 birds I still have about 4 or 5 birds on my prayer list that are giving me serious head ache, it cost me alot just to keep them alive.
Now the remaining 40 birds I got are said to be from Zartech. These birds are gift from God. They are very strong and healthy. Please note that am a farmer with little or no experience. This opinion is purely based on my little experience and the observations of small group of farmers I spoke with.
Now about SIZE and WEIGHT, I will score OBJ broilers very high but very SICKLY.
Zartech broiler are very strong and healthy but with steady growth (in size and weight).
I will like other experience farmers to submit their opinion and observation. Regards to farmers in the house especially Noel.

I think Zartech & Amo are the best, but that's because I only buy them, my highest mortality rate with them is only about 5%

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by kioboy(m): 10:02am On Feb 16, 2017
experienced farmers in the house, please what I can I use to treat this sickness in my broilers, look like internal hemorrhage, one have have physical wound all over.

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by REDshouse(m): 6:10pm On Feb 16, 2017
kioboy:
experienced farmers in the house, please what I can I use to treat this sickness in my broilers, look like internal hemorrhage, one have have physical wound all over.
u can buy doxygen and use
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 10:22pm On Feb 16, 2017
Jiang:

I think Zartech & Amo are the best, but that's because I only buy them, my highest mortality rate with them is only about 5%

Have u raised obj birds before?
U need to try it
And see for urself both body weight and size
Then u can make a clear judgement

2 Likes

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by endy247(f): 7:04am On Feb 21, 2017
AdlatWorld:
2ndly,
I have 5weeks broilers. Someone was telling me that it will be too much for easter.That I should use grower from now till February b4 I start feeding finisher.
Is she sayingvd right thing
. Pls which hatchery did u get these birds from.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by AdlatWorld(m): 4:13pm On Mar 01, 2017
endy247:
. Pls which hatchery did u get these birds from.

OBJ
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Nobody: 5:00pm On Mar 01, 2017
Jiang:

Add Chi to the list.
The guys at poultryplaza will also advise for Cascada marshal broilers in place of Obj since Obj has been known to have high mortality

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 10:20pm On Mar 01, 2017
AdlatWorld:

OBJ

How are ur birds doing
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 10:21pm On Mar 01, 2017
shortiespro:
So yesterday birds started dropping eggs ....

Hope ur production has improved
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 10:27pm On Mar 01, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

Add Chi to the list.
The guys at poultryplaza will also advise for Cascada marshal broilers in place of Obj since Obj has been known to have high mortality

Do u know that poultry plaza is a group of agents who receives commission on supplies
Pls if u want to do analysis quote a practicing farmer or farm who has a reasonable no of birds.
It's so sad when u quote agents and make referrals for I tending farmers who at the end believes that everything written on the net or real not knowing that practical farming is different from theory

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Nobody: 10:35pm On Mar 01, 2017
noeloge82:

Do u know that poultry plaza is a group of agents who receives commission on supplies
Pls if u want to do analysis quote a practicing farmer or farm who has a reasonable no of birds.
It's so sad when u quote agents and make referrals for I tending farmers who at the end believes that everything written on the net or real not knowing that practical farming is different from theory

I have not used them myself but that is also the general notion from farms here in lokoja regarding obj broilers.

To a level, I trust poultryplaza because any hatchery with quality issues are removed from their list. Eg RTO products have been temporarily suspended from their site due to quality issues and complains.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 11:10pm On Mar 01, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

I have not used them myself but that is also the general notion from farms here in lokoja regarding obj broilers.

To a level, I trust poultryplaza because any hatchery with quality issues are removed from their list. Eg RTO products have been temporarily suspended from their site due to quality issues and complains.

That is where u get it wrong they are agents I know most the guys there one on one removing RTO may not be 100% quality issues but if commission goes bad it can happen
I am always very careful to judge any hatchery cos no big lebelled hatchery will produce rubbish but they are quality which a farmer may need from different hatchery.

If I recommend a hatchery it means I am using birds from d hatchery and I can stand for any floors of the hatchery but if am agent recommends a hatchery that is purely biz purpose

So Pls don't be too hasty in judgement especially when u have not tested d subject matter forget what anybody says this is livestock

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by jfkenny(m): 6:58am On Mar 02, 2017
How much is noiler..
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Turks: 7:14am On Mar 02, 2017
Please for the record, RTO has no quality issues. I'm not an RTO agent. We supply healthy & quality day old chicks and we go by the name PREEMAH AGRO VENTURES. Till today, our clients haven't had issues with our services nor our birds.

We supplied our clients RTO birds and the birds are doing awesomely well. Again, I reiterate, RTO birds are one of the best birds there is out there. When you list good hatecheries and RTO isn't inclusive, your list isn't complete evidently. Please check the attached picture; those are RTO broilers flourishing.
EMMAACHILE:

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Jofez: 7:22am On Mar 02, 2017
kioboy:
that's gangrenous dermatitis a bacterial disease caused by dirty and wet litters. Please manage your litter very well. Mortality rate is very low unless there is a secondary infection. Kenflox can take care of it. Stunted growth may set in.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by AdlatWorld(m): 10:04am On Mar 02, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

Add Chi to the list.

This my first attempt to poultry. I started with OBJ birds and follow the laid down chart of Oga Neologe. Believe me I did not lost anyone till d 6th week when one of d bird hung its neck on d cage. They are now in their 11th week without loosing anyone aside that one though I switched fully to organic @ d 5th week.

Thank you Oga neo for your support.
Will attach piz when I get to d poultry.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Nobody: 10:12am On Mar 02, 2017
Turks:
Please for the record, RTO has no quality issues. I'm not an RTO agent. We supply healthy & quality day old chicks and we go by the name PREEMAH AGRO VENTURES. Till today, our clients haven't had issues with our services nor our birds.

We supplied our clients RTO birds and the birds are doing awesomely well. Again, I reiterate, RTO birds are one of the best birds there is out there. When you list good hatecheries and RTO isn't inclusive, your list isn't complete evidently. Please check the attached picture; those are RTO broilers flourishing.
When last do you get supply from rto? Rto was removed from their list about two weeks ago due to quality issues and complains from buyers!
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Nobody: 10:15am On Mar 02, 2017
AdlatWorld:

This my first attempt to poultry. I started with OBJ birds and follow the laid down chart of Oga Neologe. Believe me I did not lost anyone till d 6th week when one of d bird hung its neck on d cage. They are now in their 11th week without loosing anyone aside that one though I switched fully to organic @ d 5th week.

Everyone has his own opinion. You are entitled to your own opinion while those farmers are also entitled to their own opinion.

The general agreement is that broilers from Chi, Zartech and Amo currently have the least issues. If I am to buy any broilers for now, I would go for any of those breeds where the complains are least among farmers.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Nobody: 10:18am On Mar 02, 2017
Another thing is that hatcheries have problems from time to time. There was a time where zartech birds were prone to CRD disease but not anymore.

Obj birds may have solved some of their issues but had been known to be more fragile in health compared to broilers.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Turks: 10:35am On Mar 02, 2017
Bros, I reiterate, there's nothing wrong with RTO. Get you facts right; don't go by hear says. Thanks
EMMAACHILE:

When last do you get supply from rto? Rto was removed from their list about two weeks ago due to quality issues and complains from buyers!
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Nobody: 10:38am On Mar 02, 2017
Turks:
Bros, I reiterate, there's nothing wrong with RTO. Get you facts right; don't go by hear says. Thanks
See image below

2 Likes

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Turks: 12:18pm On Mar 02, 2017
Nuff said. They're not the ones who hatch the birds, they don't own a hatchery neither do they own a farm. Business with RTO doesn't suit them anymore is why they're leaving them. Period. They should desist from spreading false info leading to the ruin of another person's business. [quote author=EMMAACHILE post=54196503][/quote]
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 1:10pm On Mar 02, 2017
AdlatWorld:

Keep it up bro
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 1:16pm On Mar 02, 2017
Turks:
Nuff said. They're not the ones who hatch the birds, they don't own a hatchery neither do they own a farm. Business with RTO doesn't suit them anymore is why they're leaving them. Period. They should desist from spreading false info leading to the ruin of another person's business.

That is very correct bro
An agent talking negative about someone's biz is very bad and to think that farmers buy into such lie is very surprising

We must try to understand the difference between agent and farmers

3 Likes

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by frisky2good(m): 1:56pm On Mar 02, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

Better stay away from poultryplaza because they are bad people. They supplied me birds and 15 were dead by the time the birds were delivered and 7 could not stand. By evening 22 were dead. I sent a message to one of their representatives on whatsapp and since 30th January she has not replied even though she read the message I sent immediately. Between Friday and Monday morning, over 40 birds died without any explanation. Even if we want to say it's due to my own carelessness, what of those that died before I got them. To make matters worse, the box of cockrels had 55 chicks. The pullets were 98 while the broilers were 100.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Nobody: 2:22pm On Mar 02, 2017
frisky2good:

Better stay away from poultryplaza because they are bad people.

Sorry for your own bad experience but some of us and our friends have bought many many times for people through poultryplaza and not a single complain.

Maybe you keep to offline purchase. angry
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by frisky2good(m): 2:36pm On Mar 02, 2017
They can't discourage me from doing business online. I have bought from another person I met online after my experience with them and everything was smooth.

EMMAACHILE:

Sorry for your own bad experience but some of us and our friends have bought many many times for people through poultryplaza and not a single complain.

Maybe you keep to offline purchase. angry
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by somebody02: 6:17pm On Mar 02, 2017
I've

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Nobody: 8:36pm On Mar 02, 2017
somebody02:
I've got to side with emmaachille on Obj birds and Mortality.
presently have OBJ Marshall's on my farm and they've got the highest mort' rate I've ever experienced with broilers, highest ever 10%.
I produce broiler every month and I've tested different hatcheries.
RTO -good carcass before 5th week and hard to get better weight afterwards. experienced feed pasaage on their birds couple of times.

Farm Support:
-good carcass before 5th week( average of 900g by 4th week and also hard to get better weight afterwards, a better improvement on RTO.

OBJ Male line.
oh my: you gotta plead on Thanatos, Viduus and Pluto to turn their backs on the birds.
not much on the birds. naa, nothing special bout them.

Amo: they birds are lovely.
the hatchery I've got best low mort rate on all birds, less than 2%.
tho I was a lil sceptical from the start but they late came out to surprise me.

done Zartec Cobb...
I'm a Farmer.
Thank you for your practical contribution

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (162) (Reply)

Nairaland Farmers Contact Details / Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.