Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,851 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:39 AM

Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures - Agriculture (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures (342543 Views)

Christmas And New Year Broiler Broading / Growing Maggot For Animal Feed in Pictures / The Fast Money Making Machine Crop In Pictures You Can Start Now!!. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (162) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 4:16pm On Apr 06, 2017
lilly400:
they are cockerel twas a mistake I made the other tym ,I am giving them amadacine ,yes some of them has stains at their anus I also noticed dat those one dat are sick cannot walk well

But some are active
If u can Pls get Vira mix
Add 2 head cups of it to 4 liters water and mix dogxgen with the viramix for 5 days let's see d results pls
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 4:18pm On Apr 06, 2017
alakara:

yes,change it to charcoal so that cold won't kill them ooooo.

His correct change to charcoal u don't use candle to broad cos it wouldn't give the birds the needed heat
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by lilly400: 4:42pm On Apr 06, 2017
noeloge82:

But some are active
Add 2 head cups of it to 4 liters water and mix dogxgen with the viramix for 5 days let's see d results pls
ok sir thanks a lot meanwhile I have gotten the charcoal stove today hope the smell of the coal will not affect them
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by lilly400: 4:58pm On Apr 06, 2017
noeloge82:

But some are active
d charcoal dat I made for dem when I got there now I noticed dat the place is very cloudy and smoky kind of, I had to remove the charcoal from there where i am keeping dem is a little bit small its a two abestos room pls what can I do now should I open the window so dat d stuffiness can go cause I locked the window the place is a kitchen store
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 5:08pm On Apr 06, 2017
lilly400:
d charcoal dat I made for dem when I got there now I noticed dat the place is very cloudy and smoky kind of, I had to remove the charcoal from there where i am keeping dem is a little bit small its a two abestos room pls what can I do now should I open the window so dat d stuffiness can go cause I locked the window the place is a kitchen store

How to use charcoal is very simple get an old iron basin which is wide and deep though not very deep and without hole where fire may drop from put the quantity of charcoal u want to use wet with kerosene and light , do safety sake light outside allow the smokes to burn off then return the charcoal put to d broader what and see as it heats d broder without smoke
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 5:09pm On Apr 06, 2017
lilly400:
ok sir thanks a lot meanwhile I have gotten the charcoal stove today hope the smell of the coal will not affect them

Not at all
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Nobody: 5:41pm On Apr 06, 2017
lilly400:
Never ever lock the windows. The birds need free air.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by lilly400: 6:11pm On Apr 06, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

ok sir I have opened the window now
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 7:08pm On Apr 06, 2017
lilly400:
ok sir I have opened the window now

Like seriously
Ur brooding birds and opening ur windows Pls at least the first 3 wks of brooding ur windows must be shut the breeze that will enter will cause cold and kill ur birds Pls don't open ur windows and still put heat the idea of keeping the place warm will be highly defeated
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Nobody: 7:29pm On Apr 06, 2017
noeloge82:

Like seriously
Ur brooding birds and opening ur windows Pls at least the first 3 wks of brooding ur windows must be shut the breeze that will enter will cause cold and kill ur birds Pls don't open ur windows and still put heat the idea of keeping the place warm will be highly defeated
Smh. Where does lilly400 live? With this heat ? Mr man, you need to learn more about ventilation in poultry.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Nobody: 7:46pm On Apr 06, 2017
There are a lot of articles on ventilation during brooding.
In fact, even during harmattan, I never ever close my nets completely because of the issue of ventilation. My chicks are warmed by coal and the house is fresh with air.

I will share one article posted by Cobb vantress here. Google for more
http://www.cobb-vantress.com/academy/articles/article/academy/2015/04/04/the-importance-of-ventilation-in-broiler-management

The Importance of Ventilation in Broiler Management

Ventilation is one of the most common challenges facing broiler growers in both conventional and closed-environment housing. Broilers should easily achieve their economic and genetic potential when they live in a specifically controlled environment that meets their needs.

Ventilation systems are designed to automatically manage this environment for broilers, especially during the brooding period. Whether you use a tunnel- or cross-ventilation system or a combination of both, ventilation is necessary to create the optimum environment that broilers need to grow and develop during each stage of life.

The right system not only ensures adequate air exchange throughout the broiler house, but also removes excess moisture from the litter, maintains oxygen and carbon dioxide levels, and regulates temperature within the house.

1. Maintain Air Quality
A key requirement of any minimum ventilation system is to meet the oxygen demand of the modern broiler chick and to ensure good distribution of fresh air throughout the broiler house. Oxygen is required for both the production of body heat and metabolism of nutrients essential for growth. During the first week, the carbon dioxide is primarily produced by the combustion of LPG and from the chicks themselves.

A chick’s respiratory system is at near full capacity at comfort temperature. As the environment temperature drops, the chick must consume considerably higher levels of oxygen to stay comfortable. Ventilation systems remove carbon dioxide and supply chicks with the oxygen they need to develop healthy cardiovascular systems and to prevent problems such as ascites, which can occur if demand for oxygen increases by just five percent.

2. Remove Excess Moisture
The minimum ventilation systems are also responsible for removing excess moisture from the litter. Today’s modern broiler chicks consume nearly twice as much water at 28 days than they did 25 years ago. Approximately 75 percent of the water consumed daily is released as water vapor from the respiratory system or deposited along with the droppings as moisture in the litter.

The litter in a broiler house acts like a sponge. If the ventilation system cannot keep up with moisture deposited in the litter, the surface of the litter eventually becomes damp and slippery. Once moisture reaches the surface, no water can escape and the situation cannot be reversed. This is a dangerous and unsanitary environment, producing very high bacterial loads, ammonia odors, insect infestations and even footpad lesions. However, proper management of moisture levels should ensure oxygen and carbon dioxide levels are kept in check.

3. Regulate Temperature
The third function of the minimum ventilation system is to maintain the proper temperature distribution in the broiler house. Chicks are not thermo-competent until 14 days of age, and therefore rely on supplementary heat to keep them warm.

During the first seven days, chicks will more than quadruple their body weight. This is the only opportunity to achieve such growth in a single week. However, if chicks are cold, they are less active and they don’t eat. If they don’t eat, they don’t grow. Keeping chicks warm and ensuring adequate supplementary feed, access to fresh water and good minimum ventilation are crucial factors for determining a flock’s overall performance.

Members of Cobb’s technical service team help customers establish their own successful ventilation systems by sharing knowledge from around the world. Customers living in similar climates often experience many of the same challenges and can benefit from each others’ expertise and best practices. Armed with an understanding of both automated and manual ventilation systems, customers can improve their operations and final performance.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by lilly400: 8:21pm On Apr 06, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

Smh. Where does lilly400 live? With this heat ? Mr man, you need to learn more about ventilation in poultry.
I stay In benin
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by shakyriri: 8:33pm On Apr 06, 2017
lilly400:
I stay In benin
your are right to open windows to decongest the smoke laden air.when air is clear.shut back windows.next time u starting charcoal.ignite outside.Air for a while so half of it is fire red already,then take to brooding room.All the best
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 8:55pm On Apr 06, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

Mr know all
U don't open ur broader for birds less than 15 days old Pls whatever u think u know better than everyone keep practicing alone don't mislead people
I have never seen when day old chicks are opened to ventilation cos they need air
U can be practicing that alone but mislead people pls

2 Likes

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 8:58pm On Apr 06, 2017
shakyriri:
your are right to open windows to decongest the smoke laden air.when air is clear.shut back windows.next time u starting charcoal.ignite outside.Air for a while so half of it is fire red already,then take to brooding room.All the best
Instead ignite ur charcoal outside and return that to the broader if u leave ur broader open for ventilation for day old chick never blame anyone for ur ordeal
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by shakyriri: 9:07pm On Apr 06, 2017
noeloge82:

Instead ignite ur charcoal outside and return that to the broader if u leave ur broader open for ventilation for day old chick never blame anyone for ur ordeal
Read her post.the room was already stuffy n smoke filled.must air it out.wont smoke fumes kill chicks?
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 9:44pm On Apr 06, 2017
shakyriri:

Read her post.the room was already stuffy n smoke filled.must air it out.wont smoke fumes kill chicks?

If u have a room filled with smoke fumes just remove the charcoal pot outside let the smoke out and return it back to the room and not when someone says u should open every where for cold to kill fragile chicks in the name of vent
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Nobody: 9:59pm On Apr 06, 2017
noeloge82:

Mr know all
U don't open ur broader for birds less than 15 days old Pls whatever u think u know better than everyone keep practicing alone don't mislead people
I have never seen when day old chicks are opened to ventilation cos they need air
You are suppose to be Mr Know All since you are always right.
This is sheer ignorance my Guy! I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by shakyriri: 10:09pm On Apr 06, 2017
noeloge82:

If u have a room filled with smoke fumes just remove the charcoal pot outside let the smoke out and return it back to the room and not when someone says u should open every where for cold to kill fragile chicks in the name of vent

Isn't this exactly what i said? Kindly read well.dont just post.Did i say anywhere i shld leave doors n windows open to kill chicks? Na wa o
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 10:11pm On Apr 06, 2017
Livestock is a very delicate venture
When successful its a thing of joy and when an error occurs it's a saddening story,

On this thread we have success stories even if sometimes we may disagree to Agree

If u are a practicing farmer and ur having challenges u can always bring ur querries here or u can chat me, I will always do my best as I have always done

In this biz practical is 100% better theory

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Nobody: 10:45pm On Apr 06, 2017
shakyriri:

Isn't this exactly what i said? Kindly read well.dont just post.Did i say anywhere i shld leave doors n windows open to kill chicks? Na wa o
Dont mind the guy. He has a crude way of doing things.
Brooding chicks is normally done in a poultry house where gunny curtains/sacks/tampoline is used to shield the house from excessive cold outside. My poultry house uses a tampoline which is half covered.

But in the case of a full brooder house like a room, it is never advisable to shut off the windows, this is standard practice. Gunny curtains/Sacks/etc can be used to cover the windows while the windows is open especially for places with cold night temperatures but the Guy here feels otherwise and uses the idea of a practical 100% farmer cheesy

I don tire abeg. Everybody to his own way. We can never be on one lane. I learnt this long ago

There is a slogan i normally use "Those who know when to fight and when not to fight are victorious". This is an argument he will never win
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 9:30am On Apr 07, 2017
lilly400:
d charcoal dat I made for dem when I got there now I noticed dat the place is very cloudy and smoky kind of, I had to remove the charcoal from there where i ardsm keeping dem is a little bit small its a two abestos room pls what can I do now should I open the window so dat d stuffiness can go cause I locked the window the place is a kitchen store

What's d situation report on ur birds
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by lilly400: 8:29am On Apr 09, 2017
noeloge82:

What's d situation report on ur birds
for now the birds are doing great since d day b4 yesterday I have recorded no death thanks a lot I appreciate everyone on this platform you guys are d best thank you so much
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 7:56pm On Apr 09, 2017
lilly400:
for now the birds are doing great since d day b4 yesterday I have recorded no death thanks a lot I appreciate everyone on this platform you guys are d best thank you so much

Good to know
All d best
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by hismylolo: 12:41pm On Apr 10, 2017
Wow! its nice reading from page 1 till 54
. I started this threat when it was on page 18. I had learnt alot on this thread. am inspired and also will do this
business too all our effort could have
been so nice and good if we can
access fund but all the same we need
to forge ahead @Neologe82 u r 1daful! God will continue to bless n enrich u the more. U share ur knowledge without request 4 a dime, indeed u r one in billion. I so much appreciate u and other gurus dat r contributing 2 dis thread. I will stock for xmass by october insha Allah. what is the total cost of 2cartons of broiler. I mean that of Obj male line (90%male), when to stock, cost of feed (amount of bags) to 10wks for xmass and possible weight (average, min & max weight gain). Lastly i will also need ur guide as a newbie in poultry farming but passionate to succeeding in it. Thanks Mr Noel.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 1:25pm On Apr 10, 2017
hismylolo:
Wow! its nice reading from page 1 till 54
. I started this threat when it was on page 18. I had learnt alot on this thread. am inspired and also will do this
business too all our effort could have
been so nice and good if we can
access fund but all the same we need
to forge ahead @Neologe82 u r 1daful! God will continue to bless n enrich u the more. U share ur knowledge without request 4 a dime, indeed u r one in billion. I so much appreciate u and other gurus dat r contributing 2 dis thread. I will stock for xmass by october insha Allah. what is the total cost of 2cartons of broiler. I mean that of Obj male line (90%male), when to stock, cost of feed (amount of bags) to 10wks for xmass and possible weight (average, min & max weight gain). Lastly i will also need ur guide as a newbie in poultry farming but passionate to succeeding in it. Thanks Mr Noel.

Thanks
Xmas is still far just get ur broader ready
The prices of any day old fluctuates it's not steady it always go with demand
For guidiance no problem u can chat me anytime in 08135348909
My advice is target ur budget on each bird to be within 1400 to 1700 that's cost of taking care of a broiler from day old to sales the reason is that Doc cost may change and feed may also change and depending on ur management system
All the same I wish u the best as u plan
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Turks: 3:16pm On Apr 10, 2017
There are times the need arises to open the brooder for fresh oxygenated air into the brooder. Take for instance a human living in a sealed off room with no window to allow for cross ventilation. Keep in mind that the place is also heated. The human will perspire as well as get dehydrated. You should Allow for cross ventilation in the brooding pen for a few hours (as the weather permits) this is standard in any poultry.
noeloge82:

Mr know all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Turks: 3:28pm On Apr 10, 2017
Even if there's part of the coal burning with fumes? You have to let the burning stop completely. You have to see the burning embers only (red charcoal without smoke). Then and only them can you take the coalpot into the brooder.
noeloge82:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Turks: 3:33pm On Apr 10, 2017
This isn't healthy for your birds one bit. I hope they don't end up with respiratory disease. You weren't patient enough to observe the charcoal while it burned. If you had, you'd have noticed the portion burning and emitting smoke.

Yes. Opening the window will do a lot of good depending on the prevalent weather. If it's cold, leaving the window opened for 30mins or less should be more than enough for the smoke laden air to diffuse with the fresh incoming oxygenated air. Brooding is the most tedious part of poultry. You have to stay vigilant.

lilly400:

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Turks: 3:33pm On Apr 10, 2017
True. There has to be a bit of ventilation at least.
EMMAACHILE:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 3:38pm On Apr 10, 2017
Turks:
There are times the need arises to open the brooder for fresh oxygenated air into the brooder. Take for instance a human living in a sealed off room with no window to allow for cross ventilation. Keep in mind that the place is also heated. The human will perspire as well as get dehydrated. You should Allow for cross ventilation in the brooding pen for a few hours (as the weather permits) this is standard in any poultry.

Mr turks
There is different from open broader and closing after a few minutes than open broader for brooding, remember if ur good with brooding and u open ur broader for minutes and issues arise u will know how to handle such issues but if ur just learning and u open ur broader and ur birds stampede as a beginer what do u do,
U will immediately call everyone who gave such negative advice

So to avoid stampede, cold better practice the general rules learn and the job and apply a few other things u learn as u go

There many practices I do in my farm now that are not conventional and I will never advice anyone to try it

So when brooding it's better u lite ur charcoal outside and return it inside the broader when ur becoming conversant with brooding u can lite ur charcoal in ur broader I don't open my broader and record 99% success
Cos I don't give room for cold or mistakes
If u visit AMO farm where they use gas u will understand
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Nobody: 3:39pm On Apr 10, 2017
Turks:
Spot on!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (162) (Reply)

Nairaland Farmers Contact Details / Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.