Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,794 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures - Agriculture (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures (343675 Views)

Christmas And New Year Broiler Broading / Growing Maggot For Animal Feed in Pictures / The Fast Money Making Machine Crop In Pictures You Can Start Now!!. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (162) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 3:40pm On Apr 10, 2017
Turks:
Even if there's part of the coal burning with fumes? You have to let the burning stop completely. You have to see the burning embers only (red charcoal without smoke). Then and only them can you take the coalpot into the brooder.
Ur correct that's the reason for taking it outside

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Turks: 3:49pm On Apr 10, 2017
Mr Neo.

Well said. Your emphasis on stampede is what I don't understand. What's the number one cause of stampede?

Lighting; among other things.

If a brood isn't well heated, the birds would cluster in order to generate body heat thereby trampling on the weak/smaller ones. A window can be left open during brooding if the temperature of the brooder is just right. The opened window won't have any negative effect on the chicks, it'll help regulate the temperature as well keep the brooder oxygenated.

I've visited AMO farms and majority of their brooding pens are automated. Very little human input. You can't compare an automated environment with the 'backyard poultry' we run out here. They brood in ten of thousands.

noeloge82:

Mr turks
There is different from open broader and closing after a few minutes than open broader for brooding, remember if ur good with brooding and u open ur broader for minutes and issues arise u will know how to handle such issues but if ur just learning and u open ur broader and ur birds stampede as a beginer what do u do,
U will immediately call everyone who gave such negative advice

So to avoid stampede, cold better practice the general rules learn and the job and apply a few other things u learn as u go

There many practices I do in my farm now that are not conventional and I will never advice anyone to try it

So when brooding it's better u lite ur charcoal outside and return it inside the broader when ur becoming conversant with brooding u can lite ur charcoal in ur broader I don't open my broader and record 99% success
Cos I don't give room for cold or mistakes
If u visit AMO farm where they use gas u will understand
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 6:35pm On Apr 10, 2017
Turks:
Mr Neo.

Well said. Your emphasis on stampede is what I don't understand. What's the number one cause of stampede?

If a brood isn't well heated, the birds would cluster in order to generate body heat thereby trampling on the weak/smaller ones. A window can be left open during brooding if the temperature of the brooder is just right. The opened window won't have any negative effect on the chicks, it'll help regulate the temperature as well keep the brooder oxygenated.

I've visited AMO farms and majority of their brooding pens are automated. Very little human input. You can't compare an automated environment with the 'backyard poultry' we run out here. They brood in ten of thousands.

Correct guy
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by shakyriri: 9:37pm On Apr 10, 2017
Turks:
This isn't healthy for your birds one bit. I hope they don't end up with respiratory disease. You weren't patient enough to observe the charcoal while it burned. If you had, you'd have noticed the portion burning and emitting smoke.

Yes. Opening the window will do a lot of good depending on the prevalent weather. If it's cold, leaving the window opened for 30mins or less should be more than enough for the smoke laden air to diffuse with the fresh incoming oxygenated air. Brooding is the most tedious part of poultry. You have to stay vigilant.
Same thing I advised, before neologe pounced me. I can still can't believe the guy abet. Emmachile told me to let it go
Arguing blindly. Gosh

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by hismylolo: 10:57pm On Apr 10, 2017
noeloge82:

Thanks
Xmas is still far just get ur broader ready
The prices of any day old fluctuates it's not steady it always go with demand
For guidiance no problem u can chat me anytime in 08135348909
My advice is target ur budget on each bird to be within 1400 to 1700 that's cost of taking care of a broiler from day old to sales the reason is that Doc cost may change and feed may also change and depending on ur management system
All the same I wish u the best as u plan
thanks chief noel! You are always willing to help.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by GidiPrince: 10:14pm On Apr 11, 2017
As regards this ventilation issue,
From my little experience, I think it is in appropriate to allow air in during the first 10 days. i have done 2 batches of brooding and achieved 100% livability during the 2 batches. the first time i allow lil fresh air for some hours is after 10 days for layers and 8 days for broilers. thereafter i extend hours of opening ventilation till they well grown to cope with the weather. NO matter how much lessons you've learnt, i believe experience is the best teacher and you will always learn as time goes on. Also take note that in this bizness, at times, what works for Mr A may not work for Mr B.

i wish all of us success in our endeavours!

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by jfkenny(m): 5:39am On Apr 14, 2017
Noel do u have access to those birds that look like local fowls but very big.. Then I will need 1carton of obj male line, ur chat ain't delivering..
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 6:11am On Apr 14, 2017
jfkenny:
Noel do u have access to those birds that look like local fowls but very big.. Then I will need 1carton of obj male line, ur chat ain't delivering..

Chat me on 08135348909
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Turks: 6:28am On Apr 14, 2017
Noiler perhaps. We supply them sir.
jfkenny:

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by obstead200(m): 12:25am On Apr 15, 2017
Turks:
Mr Neo.

from my experience, DOC don't need heat that much after the 1st 7 days. I do open my brooding house during the day after the first 7 days and shut it at night.
The primary cause of stampede is poor lighting, NOT COLD.
However an ideal brooding house shud be designed to ALWAYS let in snipets of air (maybe even WIND) at a level above the height of the chicks, preferably at the roof level. This is aside from Windows that can remain closed for the first 7 to 10 days and then opened for some hours during the day from the 10th to 21st days
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by kioboy(m): 8:36am On Apr 15, 2017
experts in the house, please I will like to know between isa brown layers and tetra SL LL (by Niger chicks) which one produces more egg? also which is more resistance to disease?
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Turks: 8:44am On Apr 15, 2017
Buy the Tetra SL LL pullets at your own risk sir. Those birds are. It meant for this clime sir. Except you go buy them and put them where AC dey dey 24/7.
kioboy:
experts in the house, please I will like to know between isa brown layers and tetra SL LL (by Niger chicks) which one produces more egg? also which is more resistance to disease?
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by kioboy(m): 9:15am On Apr 15, 2017
Turks:
Buy the Tetra SL LL pullets at your own risk sir. Those birds are. It meant for this clime sir. Except you go buy them and put them where AC dey dey 24/7.

OK noted, zatech isa brown is more cheaper than CHI, what is the difference
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Turks: 9:18am On Apr 15, 2017
LOL

Zartech birds are good, so are CHI birds. Competition is all that's in play.
kioboy:

OK noted, zatech isa brown is more cheaper than CHI, what is the diffidence?
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by haarfeez: 5:09am On Apr 18, 2017
Organic broilers for sale average weight: 2.2 kg location : Ibadan call 08134125884 or whatsapp 08072075060

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by lilly400: 12:14pm On Apr 21, 2017
noeloge82:

But some are active
If u can Pls get Vira mix
Add 2 head cups of it to 4 liters water and mix dogxgen with the viramix for 5 days let's see d results pls
thanks for the other day i am so grateful my birds are doing great dey will be 3weeks on monday

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 7:01am On Apr 22, 2017
lilly400:
thanks for the other day i am so grateful my birds are doing great dey will be 3weeks on monday

That's good to know keep it up
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by GidiPrince: 6:12pm On May 13, 2017
Are they old chicks comfortable with nipple drinkers? Do they get used to it without efforts?
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Amen24(f): 8:24pm On May 13, 2017
please expatriates in the house, I don't understand this sickness. I notice that some of my chicks look like they enter water after two to four days part of their body is without feathers.. I notice that the disease enter eye and is making the eye close. He can't see with the eye and its close. Their feathers is reduces every day. Pls help

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 9:42pm On May 14, 2017
Amen24:
please expatriates in the house, I don't understand this sickness. I notice that some of my chicks look like they enter water after two to four days part of their body is without feathers.. I notice that the disease enter eye and is making the eye close. He can't see with the eye and its close. Their feathers is reduces every day. Pls help
The first thing is to make sure they are dry
Then get a strong antibiotics and mix with viramix give the birds for 5 days let's see d result
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by jfkenny(m): 9:58pm On May 14, 2017
Noel daalu,.. Had to switch to semi conventional method.. It was really wahala... From doc entering water, to smoky lamp am now battling something like cough... The birds, I noticed garnered more meat at 16days,..maybe, due to fermented feed and other concoction being fed them..
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by jfkenny(m): 10:00pm On May 14, 2017
When do I withdraw heat especially for the turkeys, they ain't looking too good, do I need to give them special feed..
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 8:08am On May 15, 2017
jfkenny:
When do I withdraw heat especially for the turkeys, they ain't looking too good, do I need to give them special feed..

Once they have feathers at 14 days is okay
For feeding the normal broiler starter will do then give the vitamins to boast appetite
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Turks: 8:56am On May 15, 2017
*Turks require heat till they're 4weeks old.
*They require a higher % of crude protein so they should be on broiler Superstarter

What have you been feeding them by the way?

jfkenny:
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by jfkenny(m): 10:42am On May 15, 2017
Turks:
*Turks require heat till they're 4weeks old.
*They require a higher % of crude protein so they should be on broiler Superstarter

What have you been feeding them by the way?

I ve been given them top stater......
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by jfkenny(m): 9:01pm On May 16, 2017
18days,old... Ve separated turkeys from broilers.. They are now eating well..

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Turks: 12:23am On May 17, 2017
18 days old? They look very good. Good job.
jfkenny:

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by jfkenny(m): 1:14am On May 17, 2017
Turks:
18 days old? They look very good. Good job.
Turkeys are eating better now
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Turks: 1:37am On May 17, 2017
Good one sir. Get them super starter sir. They need the higher crude protein the mash has to offer
jfkenny:

Turkeys are eating better now

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 5:55am On May 17, 2017
jfkenny:

I hope u can see d difference now u ve seperated them just keep with the feeding most times its always about bullying in d animal world the stronger and bigger will not allow d weaker to feed
Good job

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by BenZyncla(m): 2:53pm On May 17, 2017
Are you interested in earning good residual income in Real Estate any times you get people that acquire any genuine estate property/land? Many do this aside their regular jobs and earns good 6 digits and millions in such Real Estate residual income even in a single deal. WE ONLY NEED SERIOUS MINDED PEOPLE WHO WANTS TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR SUCCESS IN THIS BUSINESS. The opportunity is not for everyone.

If You Desire Financial Freedom Through Real Estate, Please WhatsApp +2348027390046
OR Contact Signature.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by tasho105(m): 12:48am On Jun 12, 2017
My foreign turkeys are not growing well.they are 20 days old.o feed them Rico gado super starter which has 21.5% crude protein.found out they require like 28% cp.pls what feed can I give them or what can I add to the Rico gado to boost the crude protein?

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (162) (Reply)

Nairaland Farmers Contact Details / Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.