Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,322 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures - Agriculture (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures (343935 Views)

Christmas And New Year Broiler Broading / Growing Maggot For Animal Feed in Pictures / The Fast Money Making Machine Crop In Pictures You Can Start Now!!. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (162) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 9:29pm On Sep 16, 2017
nuvieak:
Please I need help. Some of my 5 weeks old broilers are bringing bubbles from nose and always closing their eyes even when standing. What drugs do I administer. Currently giving them drugs for coccidiosis as they were passing blood in their droppings. I got these birds at 4 weeks ooooo.

Are they sneezing as if smoke entered there eye

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Turks: 9:45pm On Sep 16, 2017
Looks like you have Chronic respiratory ideas in your hands. Work on your ventilation and litter management before you administer any medication.
nuvieak:
Please I need help. Some of my 5 weeks old broilers are bringing bubbles from nose and always closing their eyes even when standing. What drugs do I administer. Currently giving them drugs for coccidiosis as they were passing blood in their droppings. I got these birds at 4 weeks ooooo.

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Jofez: 4:13am On Sep 17, 2017
kendraloops:
tťtt
the pen is too big for them. Please demarcate and please look for nearby farmers to buy the feed from you. It'll expire 3 months after production. Feeds are best used within one month from production date. Grower is not meant for them.

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by adepoleke: 3:05pm On Sep 17, 2017
Pls House, I need Help. One Of My 2wks Broiler Has Swollen Eye, What Shld I Administer? Thanks
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Turks: 3:26pm On Sep 17, 2017
Looks as though your birds have coryza. Work on your ventilation and litter sir and the birds will be fine.
adepoleke:
Pls House, I need Help. One Of My 2wks Broiler Has Swollen Eye, What Shld I Administer? Thanks
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by nuvieak(f): 4:26pm On Sep 17, 2017
Turks:
Looks like you have Chronic respiratory ideas in your hands. Work on your ventilation and litter management before you administer any medication.

Thanks so much. I took your advice. They are looking better. Thanks alot
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Turks: 4:39pm On Sep 17, 2017
Youre welcome sir. Always make sure the pen is well oxygenated..
nuvieak:

Thanks so much. I took your advice. They are looking better. Thanks alot

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by michelism(m): 7:18pm On Sep 17, 2017
I have ten(10) broiler chicken(4weeks old) I'm raising for Xmas and I wish to start feeding them with cooked food. Please from like how many weeks can I start giving them boiled rice and waste food from my kitchen?
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Nobody: 8:02pm On Sep 17, 2017
michelism:
I have ten(10) broiler chicken(4weeks old) I'm raising for Xmas and I wish to start feeding them with cooked food. Please from like how many weeks can I start giving them boiled rice and waste food from my kitchen?
Not recommended. They won't grow well on that.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Nobody: 8:03pm On Sep 17, 2017
Turks:
Youre welcome sir. Always make sure the pen is well oxygenated..
Most guys seal their brooding house and this usually results to disaster. Aerate your brooding house and your chicks will grow well.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Turks: 9:35pm On Sep 17, 2017
They need to understand that these things are like humans. Without fresh oxygen, they'll suffocate.
EMMAACHILE:

Most guys seal their brooding house and this usually results to disaster. Aerate your brooding house and your chicks will grow well.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by michelism(m): 2:13am On Sep 18, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

Not recommended. They won't grow well on that.

Thanks for your swift response. Assuming they've attained 3.5kg and I start to feed them with cooked food to sustain the particular weight (if not add more) , are they going to drop in weight?
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by michelism(m): 3:12am On Sep 18, 2017
Please how much is 25kg & 50kg starter Top Feed or other brand sold for?
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by kendraloops(f): 10:51am On Sep 18, 2017
Jofez:
the pen is too big for them. Please demarcate and please look for nearby farmers to buy the feed from you. It'll expire 3 months after production. Feeds are best used within one month from production date. Grower is not meant for them.

I guess you mean it's too big because they need heat ba? no wahala, will see to that. as for the feed, there's no farmer around me and even if I get one, they'll want to buy at a very low price (you know how we behave na once an item is not from the shop). thanks for the advice though. I appreciate it.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by kendraloops(f): 10:52am On Sep 18, 2017
michelism:
Please how much is 25kg & 50kg starter Top Feed or other brand sold for?
I only know about top feed grower and finisher . I bought a 25kg bag for 4k.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by nuvieak(f): 1:47pm On Sep 18, 2017
Please how many kg of feeds should twelve 5 weeks old broilers consume in a day. Currently giving them 1.5kg but they seem to be wanting more. Bought them for Xmas. Thanks in advance sir.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by michelism(m): 2:01am On Sep 19, 2017
kendraloops:
I only know about top feed grower and finisher . I bought a 25kg bag for 4k.

Thanks.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by michelism(m): 2:06am On Sep 19, 2017
What week can I start feeding my broiler with cooked food?
Assuming they've attained 3.5kg and I start to feed them with cooked food to sustain the particular weight (if not add more) , are they going to drop in weight?
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by kendraloops(f): 9:56pm On Sep 19, 2017
I discovered one of my birds limping today. i observed it and noticed it was kneeling to eat, though it was eating very well. what's the problem and solution please?
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Mzora(f): 6:33pm On Sep 22, 2017
@noeloge82 what week is good to start grower and finisher?
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 6:43pm On Sep 22, 2017
Mzora:
@noeloge82 what week is good to start grower and finisher?

In broiler grower is not needed start with start and at 3 was switch to finisher especially when u raising for 6 to 7wks but if it's up to 10wks for maturity u can introduce finisher at the fourth wk
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 6:44pm On Sep 22, 2017
michelism:
What week can I start feeding my broiler with cooked food?
Assuming they've attained 3.5kg and I start to feed them with cooked food to sustain the particular weight (if not add more) , are they going to drop in weight?

No need for cooked food pls
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 6:45pm On Sep 22, 2017
kendraloops:
I discovered one of my birds limping today. i observed it and noticed it was kneeling to eat, though it was eating very well. what's the problem and solution please?

Check for physical injury and separate from the rest
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Mzora(f): 7:10pm On Sep 22, 2017
noeloge82:

In broiler grower is not needed start with start and at 3 was switch to finisher especially when u raising for 6 to 7wks but if it's up to 10wks for maturity u can introduce finisher at the fourth wk
thank u so much
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by kendraloops(f): 7:32pm On Sep 22, 2017
noeloge82:

Check for physical injury and separate from the rest

thanks sir. I've tried separating it but the others won't let it be. asides the limping thingy, it's doing very fine. thanks
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Nobody: 9:01pm On Sep 22, 2017
kendraloops:

thanks sir. I've tried separating it but the others won't let it be. asides the limping thingy, it's doing very fine. thanks
It could be as a result of light litter cover/hard surface cover.
It can also be as a result of infection.

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by kelesaac: 12:32pm On Sep 27, 2017
I intend rearing broilers to sell during the Xmas season. Pls, what brand is the best in terms of size (feed conversion rate), and resistance to diseases. Thanks
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Christty(f): 2:14pm On Oct 02, 2017
Please, my 30 cockerel of 5 Weeks some of of them are having hunch neck like they are catching cold with with rough feathers on the neck and sometimes sleep while standing. They eat normally and I have been giving them keproceryl antibiotics together with embazin-forte. Please, what could be done to stop it and make them well. Thanks
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Christty(f): 2:15pm On Oct 02, 2017
Please, my 30 cockerel of 5 Weeks,some of of them are having hunch neck like they are catching cold with rough feathers on the neck and sometimes sleep while standing. They eat normally and I have been giving them keproceryl antibiotics together with embazin-forte. Please, what could be done to stop it and make them well. Thanks
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Christty(f): 2:15pm On Oct 02, 2017
Please, my 30 cockerel of 5 Weeks,some of of them are having hunch neck like they are catching cold with rough feathers on the neck and sometimes sleep while standing. They eat normally and I have been giving them keproceryl antibiotics together with embazin-forte. Please, what could be done to stop it and make them well. Thanks.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Nobody: 3:27pm On Oct 02, 2017
Christty:
Please, my 30 cockerel of 5 Weeks,some of of them are having hunch neck like they are catching cold with rough feathers on the neck and sometimes sleep while standing. They eat normally and I have been giving them keproceryl antibiotics together with embazin-forte. Please, what could be done to stop it and make them well. Thanks.
Stop all treatment and use new drugs
These symptoms you have can be one of the ff

Infectious Coryza (Avibacterium paragallinarum)
-Coccidiosis (Eimeria tenella, Eimeria necatrix)
-Acute Fowl Cholera (Pasteurella multocida)
-Pullorum Disease (Salmonella Pullorum)

Advice you get a three action broad spectrum antibiotic immediately. Recommended one is EST mix wsp and add dicox/admacine. You birds needs urgent attention. If you can't find these drugs today, get a mixture of ginger and honey with neem or bitter leaf in water till you get your drugs.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by kendraloops(f): 9:23pm On Oct 02, 2017
please kindly advice. 1 of my birds has been inactive for about 2 weeks now. it first started limping, but was feeding well. now, if you don't put it's beak in the feeding trough, it won't eat or drink. I've tried the pawpaw leaf therapy but no improvement. it's not growing at ALL. though I always meet it in a different position from where I Ieft it overnight.

it sticks out one leg like it hurts or something. I've tried massaging it, still no luck. no observed growth at all, still looks just the same like when I got it.

what do you suggest?

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (162) (Reply)

Nairaland Farmers Contact Details / Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.