Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,065 members, 7,818,182 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures - Agriculture (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures (343486 Views)

Christmas And New Year Broiler Broading / Growing Maggot For Animal Feed in Pictures / The Fast Money Making Machine Crop In Pictures You Can Start Now!!. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (162) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Nobody: 9:46pm On Oct 02, 2017
kendraloops:
please kindly advice. 1 of my birds has been inactive for about 2 weeks now. it first started limping, but was feeding well. now, if you don't put it's beak in the feeding trough, it won't eat or drink. I've tried the pawpaw leaf therapy but no improvement. it's not growing at ALL. though I always meet it in a different position from where I Ieft it overnight.

it sticks out one leg like it hurts or something. I've tried massaging it, still no luck. no observed growth at all, still looks just the same like when I got it.

what do you suggest?
What's the age?
Is the leg swollen?
Touch the leg, is it hot?
What feed are you using?
A picture would have been better.

Pawpaw leaf is mainly for control of protozoan disease like coccidiosis.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by kendraloops(f): 10:19pm On Oct 02, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

What's the age?
Is the leg swollen?
Touch the leg, is it hot?
What feed are you using?
A picture would have been better.

Pawpaw leaf is mainly for control of protozoan disease like coccidiosis.

it's 8 weeks old
no, it isn't swollen.(as far as I can see)
yes, it's hot. was surprised and worried. can a bird be down with fever?
I use Top feed
I'll send a picture tomorrow
thanks
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Nobody: 12:17am On Oct 03, 2017
kendraloops:

it's 8 weeks old
no, it isn't swollen.(as far as I can see)
yes, it's hot. was surprised and worried. can a bird be down with fever?
I use Top feed
I'll send a picture tomorrow
thanks
See the pics below and see which one is closest to your bird

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by kendraloops(f): 2:32am On Oct 03, 2017
EMMAACHILE:
See the pics below and see which one is closest to your bird
wow! it's definitely pic number 2!! exactly!
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by nuvieak(f): 5:30am On Oct 03, 2017
Please what do I do I have 11 chickens. One is blind from boils on eyes. The rest have bubbling watery discharge from eyes. Active and eating fine. Went to a vet store was given conflox used it and saw no improvement. What do i do?this is supposed to be for eating and it's my first time doing this. The one with boils in eyes I think I will take that one down today. Help Abeg.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 7:46am On Oct 03, 2017
nuvieak:
Please what do I do I have 11 chickens. One is blind from boils on eyes. The rest have bubbling watery discharge from eyes. Active and eating fine. Went to a vet store was given conflox used it and saw no improvement. What do i do?this is supposed to be for eating and it's my first time doing this. The one with boils in eyes I think I will take that one down today. Help Abeg.

How old are ur birds
How neat is ur pen, if u put ur back palm down towards the floor do u feel heat?
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by mikkycyruz(m): 8:21am On Oct 03, 2017
Rabbit farming scope and it’s national importance:

Rabbit farming is another livestock activity with great scope as it is relatively easy, rewarding and takes little space compared to other livestock activities. Rabbit farming can also provide a very valuable additional source of income in the hilly areas where opportunities of employment are very limited. Another important consideration is food production cycle, which shows that rabbit need not be in competition with man for it’s food.

Main Advantages of Rabbit farming:

1. Rabbits are highly prolific and a good female can produce 25 to 30 kits (young ones) per year.

2. Rabbits can be reared in small groups (up to 50 nos.) in the kitchen garden / backyard of farmer’s house with kitchen waste as feed. Family labour is adequate to take care of labour requirements of the unit. Initial investment cost is low.Quick returns i.e. within six months after the establishment of farm.

3. Rabbit meat is rich in poly-unsaturated fatty acids and is categorized as white meat.

4. Rabbits are the best producers of wool on per kg body weight basis. They require 30 % less digestible energy to produce one kg of wool as compared to sheep.

5. Income generation at quarterly interval makes the repayment easy.Apart from providing wool, rabbits also provide income from sale of kits, meat, pelt and manure.Residual feed, together with rabbit manure is highly suitable for vermi compost which in turn provides excellent manure for fertilizing the
agriculture fields.

6. Rabbit wool is 6 – 8 times warmer than the contemporary sheep wool. It can be mixed with silk, polyester, rayon, nylon, sheep wool and other fibres to make good quality hand looms as well as hand knitted apparels.

7. Rabbits consume a large amount of forage from diverse origins and hence, can be reared on roughage with very less quantity of costly concentrate feed.

GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENT

A 2WEEK INTENSIVE ONLINE RABBIT FARMING TRAINING.

Date: 9 October 2017

Fee: N1,000

Payment Method : Bank

Duration: 2 weeks

Mode: Online (WhatsApp)

Registration deadline: 7, October 2017.

Interested participants should WhatsApp 07016790673

NOTE: No extension of payment deadline.

Free Ebook for the first 10 participants

Happy Independence day

Menorah Farms and consults

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Nobody: 9:03am On Oct 03, 2017
kendraloops:

wow! it's definitely pic number 2!! exactly!
Its mainly caused by a lack of vitamin B (thiamine) and likely vitamin D. Solution is to give a complete feed with good multivitamins in either feed or water.
Possible causes could be poor feed, too much drugs especially anticocci drugs which doesn't go with vitamin B, etc.
If possible, isolate the weak one and put the multivitamin in the feed and water. Feed it well. That should solve the problem.

A good multivitamin is vitalyte. Double the normal dosage for like a week and let's see the outcome.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by nuvieak(f): 10:07am On Oct 03, 2017
noeloge82:

How old are ur birds
How neat is ur pen, if u put ur back palm down towards the floor do u feel heat?
they are 7 weeks. I make sure of ventilation too.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by rightchic(f): 11:23am On Oct 03, 2017
Good day... my 4 weeks old broilers eat like crazy, so I started giving them chaff from maize, after which I give them their normal feed. Hope the chaff won't affect their growth or affect them medically?
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 2:36pm On Oct 03, 2017
nuvieak:
they are 7 weeks. I make sure of ventilation too.
We're u able to test for heat from the floor
U can buy buy corysp and treat for 5 days but I need u to check for heat from the floor cos I want to see how to prevent future occourance
But get corysp it will take care of that
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 2:41pm On Oct 03, 2017
rightchic:
Good day... my 4 weeks old broilers eat like crazy, so I started giving them chaff from maize, after which I give them their normal feed. Hope the chaff won't affect their growth or affect them medically?

For best results ur maize chaff are roughage and will not improve ur birds instead of getting betting results law of diminishing result will set in
And if the maize chaff is not very dry it can lead to CRD

So Pls look for money and feed them right for best results
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by nuvieak(f): 3:16pm On Oct 03, 2017
noeloge82:

We're u able to test for heat from the floor
U can buy buy corysp and treat for 5 days but I need u to check for heat from the floor cos I want to see how to prevent future occourance
But get corysp it will take care of that
thank you so much. Please do you have an idea how much it is sold and please should I discontinue conflox?
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by GidiPrince: 3:20pm On Oct 03, 2017
nuvieak:
thank you so much. Please do you have an idea how much it is sold and please should I discontinue conflox?

Around 800 to 900. Coryl SP

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 3:33pm On Oct 03, 2017
nuvieak:
Discontinue conflox
U can also get center Cipro or anicilin if u don't get corysp
Budget between 1000 to 1500

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by kendraloops(f): 4:46pm On Oct 03, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

Its mainly caused by a lack of vitamin B (thiamine) and likely vitamin D. Solution is to give a complete feed with good multivitamins in either feed or water.
Possible causes could be poor feed, too much drugs especially anticocci drugs which doesn't go with vitamin B, etc.
If possible, isolate the weak one and put the multivitamin in the feed and water. Feed it well. That should solve the problem.

A good multivitamin is vitalyte. Double the normal dosage for like a week and let's see the outcome.

thank you very much!! I'll try this and let you know the outcome. the dosage is usually written on the pack I guess? thanks for all your responses.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by nuvieak(f): 5:59am On Oct 04, 2017
nuvieak:
today I woke and found out one is like this. Hardly walk.

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by rightchic(f): 8:43am On Oct 04, 2017
noeloge82:

For best results ur maize chaff are roughage and will not improve ur birds instead of getting betting results law of diminishing result will set in
And if the maize chaff is not very dry it can lead to CRD

So Pls look for money and feed them right for best results

Ok... thanks. Pls what is CRD?
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 2:47pm On Oct 04, 2017
rightchic:

Ok... thanks. Pls what is CRD?

Chronic Respiratory Disease
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 2:48pm On Oct 04, 2017
nuvieak:
today I woke and found out one is like this. Hardly walk.

Separate it from the rest and continue d treatment

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Ogagawhite(f): 9:04am On Oct 05, 2017
This is a feed ebook by STONED FEED PRODUCT. It cover's 27 100% useful page. This ebook is about feed formulation "how to make a Worldwide feed on catfish, broilers, pig, rabbit, pullets,layers,snail easily. As we all knows that feed formulation is one of the widely use feed secret, to get a good return and smiling to the bank and People love farm biz but considering the cost and prizes of feed ND drug make them wanna think back,well, using feed formulation is the best but Freshers always face problems regarding setting up a good formulation (crude protein and inclusion rate) . So this EBook for all those beginners who don't know the concept of setting up good formulation

In this eBook we have the cover the basic question regarding creating a worldwide feed formulation . All the must have protein sources (plant animal and marine) and many other energy source things like setting up some photogenic natural feed additives locally on your farm and much more . You people will love it .

So if you are a fresher and ready to create a feed formulation using my formula then this eBook is just what you require. The write-up of this eBook is very simple and easy to understand. You will love to share this eBook to your friends and other coworkers free or pay
for your information I suffer well well before God bless me with this idea I buy so many eBook because I wanted to grow my farm to more profit but trust 9ja Dem chop my money wella

Call or Whatsapp 08020605880 and change your farm life

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Smartademu(m): 9:14am On Oct 05, 2017
Morning sir. I have about 70 birds, about 5 weeks old. My problem is that I have to change the litter every 5 days, what do I do to remedy it?
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by nuvieak(f): 11:31am On Oct 05, 2017
noeloge82:

Separate it from the rest and continue d treatment
thank you so much. I see improvement and they all doing fine now except one that still
sneezes. Thanks
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 1:56pm On Oct 05, 2017
nuvieak:
thank you so much. I see improvement and they all doing fine now except one that still
sneezes. Thanks

Isolate that one and continue with the drugs it's only a matter of time

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 2:01pm On Oct 05, 2017
Smartademu:
Morning sir. I have about 70 birds, about 5 weeks old. My problem is that I have to change the litter every 5 days, what do I do to remedy it?

Provide more space for the birds so they can move around freely and avoid feed pouring on the floor even water that will help u reduce dirty on the liter but changing the litter regular is also good to reduce disease since the birds are on the floor
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by kennysbst(m): 2:44pm On Oct 05, 2017
hello aos!

am a young corper, serving at Plateau state. I was lucky to purchase 50 DOC of 3 weeks at the rate of N300 per one. I was told they have completed their vaccine though they all look strong and vibrant expect one that is feeling cold and sleeping while standing always.

pls aos what kind of treatment can I apply b4 the spread of any form of deceases
thanks.

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 5:35pm On Oct 05, 2017
kennysbst:
hello aos!

am a young corper, serving at Plateau state. I was lucky to purchase 50 DOC of 3 weeks at the rate of N300 per one. I was told they have completed their vaccine though they all look strong and vibrant expect one that is feeling cold and sleeping while standing always.

pls aos what kind of treatment can I apply b4 the spread of any form of deceases
thanks.

Do u really trust d source of purchase as per saying the drugs are completed

If it's truly they are 21 days it means u have 1 more lasota check page 22 of this thread

Then how disinfected is ur broader

If all this are positive then just give them stressstroke or vitamin cos of transportation

Good luck
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Smartademu(m): 8:24pm On Oct 05, 2017
noeloge82:

Provide more space for the birds so they can move around freely and avoid feed pouring on the floor even water that will help u reduce dirty on the liter but changing the litter regular is also good to reduce disease since the birds are on the floor
Thanks.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by kendraloops(f): 8:11pm On Oct 06, 2017
I wasn't able to get Vitalyte for my bird but I got a close substitute(according to the seller). Hope he's right and it works just like Vitalyte. But I saw my bird standing today for the first time in weeks. I was so happy, It was a great surprise.

I only just started administering the drug yesterday though, so, is it just coincidence that my bird stood today or the drug is already taking effect?

2 Likes

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Nobody: 11:45am On Oct 07, 2017
kendraloops:
I wasn't able to get Vitalyte for my bird but I got a close substitute(according to the seller). Hope he's right and it works just like Vitalyte. But I saw my bird standing today for the first time in weeks. I was so happy, It was a great surprise.

I only just started administering the drug yesterday though, so, is it just coincidence that my bird stood today or the drug is already taking effect?
Congrats. Glad that I was of help. Continue feeding them multivitamins to boost their health and immunity.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by bigiyaro(m): 12:20pm On Oct 07, 2017
my friend jst handed over his birds to me, surprisinly he had no idea abt vaccine wen i asked, he tot one wil just keep d birds n feed dem til xmas. how do i start d vacine? d birds 3 weeks n 3 days old, am tinkin of givin dem ginger,galic, bita leave n other herbs bt am afraid using herbs wit syntetic antiboitic, d birds r 50 in number. cc, emmachile farmtech, neologe82
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by marcodene2: 1:05pm On Oct 07, 2017
please i need 15 4weeks old broilers in SOMOLU, LAGOS today.

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (162) (Reply)

Nairaland Farmers Contact Details / Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.