Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,732 members, 7,955,783 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:02 PM

Is The North Just One Geopolitical Zone Now? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is The North Just One Geopolitical Zone Now? (2875 Views)

2016 Internally Generated Revenue By Geopolitical Region / Table Showing Buhari’s Appointments By Geopolitical Zones / List Of 28 Senators With Saraki At CCT By Geopolitical Zone And Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The North Just One Geopolitical Zone Now? by ajoskele(m): 12:33am On Aug 28, 2015
The last time I checked, Nigeria is divided into six distinct geopolitical zones. The North is made up of three zones while the south has same numbers.
Why all these "hues and cries" about the President appointing only "Northerners" and no one from the "South East, South South and South West"?
Why is the North one and the South in threes to a typical Nigerian? How is South West different from South East and NorthWest not different from NorthEast? Why is SouthSouth different from SouthEast but NorthCentral is the same as NorthEast? NNPC GMD was even rejected by his Igbo brothers calling him Delta-Ibo.
Why do we think only Hausas and Fulanis dominate the north? A friend told me Adamawa State has just around 4% Fulanis and could boast of over 60% Christians.
President Muhammadu Buhari has made appointments across the whole of the six zones of North and South and will continue to in the upcoming appointments.
So "Fear North"!!

4 Likes

Re: Is The North Just One Geopolitical Zone Now? by WailingWailer00(m): 12:34am On Aug 28, 2015
No, but they make US believe so
Re: Is The North Just One Geopolitical Zone Now? by ajoskele(m): 12:39am On Aug 28, 2015
WailingWailer00:
No, but they make US believe so
Who and who, sir?

1 Like

Re: Is The North Just One Geopolitical Zone Now? by ajoskele(m): 12:42am On Aug 28, 2015
cc Lalasticlala, Ishilove..
Re: Is The North Just One Geopolitical Zone Now? by WailingWailer00(m): 1:01am On Aug 28, 2015
ajoskele:
Who and who, sir?
Please if you are a yellowbar person, don't ever mention me again, ever
Light has no business with darkness

Word!!!!! angry
Re: Is The North Just One Geopolitical Zone Now? by 4everisaac(m): 1:05am On Aug 28, 2015
He might have reserved the remaining appointments for the other geo-political zones. Let's keep watching.

Meanwhile #100WastedDays is trendy on social networks.
Re: Is The North Just One Geopolitical Zone Now? by gaetano: 1:07am On Aug 28, 2015
This zoo we call Nigeria.

angry

Re: Is The North Just One Geopolitical Zone Now? by mytime24(f): 1:09am On Aug 28, 2015
Readin comments

1 Like

Re: Is The North Just One Geopolitical Zone Now? by Rexnegro(m): 1:17am On Aug 28, 2015
WailingWailer00:
Please if you are a yellowbar person, don't ever mention me again, ever Light has no business with darkness
Word!!!!! angry
I don mention you oya do ur worst...Omo jati jati ode oshi...
Re: Is The North Just One Geopolitical Zone Now? by Ngasky(m): 1:51am On Aug 28, 2015
a typical case of hypocrisy and misinformation

2 Likes

Re: Is The North Just One Geopolitical Zone Now? by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 2:09am On Aug 28, 2015
Re: Is The North Just One Geopolitical Zone Now? by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 2:10am On Aug 28, 2015
.f
Re: Is The North Just One Geopolitical Zone Now? by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 2:10am On Aug 28, 2015
G
Re: Is The North Just One Geopolitical Zone Now? by AfroKnight: 2:23am On Aug 28, 2015
Ironically, those who campaigned against him are the ones clamouring the most for positions under his government. A president must choose his team by himself. After all, the result of his administration is his responsibility. He has not even selected 40%of his team. What's the fuss about? If he feels he would get the best result from surrounding himself with those he is familiar with, what is the problem in that? Result is all that matters.

7 Likes

Re: Is The North Just One Geopolitical Zone Now? by hedonistic: 2:36am On Aug 28, 2015
Unless you are a poor student of Nigeria's political history, you should have a full understanding of the deeply entrenched phenomenon of 'One North' that has continued to give dominance to the North.
Re: Is The North Just One Geopolitical Zone Now? by Pavore9: 2:49am On Aug 28, 2015
There is wisdom in not yet coming to a conclusion till all positions have been filled up and at the end of the day should Nigerians feel the sense of imbalance, it means APC have swerved into a highway leading to self-destruct.
Re: Is The North Just One Geopolitical Zone Now? by jumobi1(m): 3:15am On Aug 28, 2015
Pardon my ignorance but how does the difference in the ethnic make up of the NE and NW compare to the difference in ethnic make up of either the SE and SS, the SS and SW, or the SW and SE?

1 Like

Re: Is The North Just One Geopolitical Zone Now? by Realisticman: 5:43am On Aug 28, 2015
An average Northern politician want to see one North for political dominance.
An average Southern politician want to see a divided North for political penetration.
Buhari is trying to mend the bridge among the geo political zones in the North that the Southern politician schemes so had to create.
The South have a great assignment to make. Let them mend their fences instead of leaving their own in tatters and expecting others to do same.
In another vein; Buhari may just be making his appointments considering the population of the zones in the country.

2 Likes

Re: Is The North Just One Geopolitical Zone Now? by mrsmith11(m): 6:35am On Aug 28, 2015
By your analysis the North is made up 3 geo-political zones but why will four (4) appointment comes from the three

SGF....Adamawa state (NE)

COS......Bornon state (NE)

Custom......Kano (NW)

Immigration....nassarawa (NC)

Is this fair with all other appointment from these northern zones
Re: Is The North Just One Geopolitical Zone Now? by CyberWolf: 6:54am On Aug 28, 2015
ajoskele:
The last time I checked, Nigeria is divided into six distinct geopolitical zones. The North is made up of three zones while the south has same numbers.
Why all these "hues and cries" about the President appointing only "Northerners" and no one from the "South East, South South and South West"?
Why is the North one and the South in threes to a typical Nigerian? How is South West different from South East and NorthWest not different from NorthEast? Why is SouthSouth different from SouthEast but NorthCentral is the same as NorthEast? NNPC GMD was even rejected by his Igbo brothers calling him Delta-Ibo.
Why do we think only Hausas and Fulanis dominate the north? A friend told me Adamawa State has just around 4% Fulanis and could boast of over 60% Christians.
President Muhammadu Buhari has made appointments across the whole of the six zones of North and South and will continue to in the upcoming appointments.
So "Fear North"!!
have you heard of ACF before?
Re: Is The North Just One Geopolitical Zone Now? by ajoskele(m): 12:34pm On Aug 28, 2015
WailingWailer00:
Please if you are a yellowbar person, don't ever mention me again, ever Light has no business with darkness
Word!!!!! angry
Lol..continue wailing sire!!
Re: Is The North Just One Geopolitical Zone Now? by ajoskele(m): 12:35pm On Aug 28, 2015
WailingWailer00:
Word!!!!! angry
Lol..continue wailing sire!!

1 Like

Re: Is The North Just One Geopolitical Zone Now? by Sealeddeal(m): 12:50pm On Aug 28, 2015
ajoskele:
So "Fear North"!!
which igbo person or igbo group rejected NNPC GMD as an Igbo?
OP, you are an average northern man. So,silly.
Re: Is The North Just One Geopolitical Zone Now? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Aug 28, 2015
22 comments and still counting. Yet, no one has answered the question. I just dey laff.

3 Likes

Re: Is The North Just One Geopolitical Zone Now? by omenka(m): 1:03pm On Aug 28, 2015
NaijaTalkTown:
22 comments and still counting. Yet, no one has answered the question. I just dey laff.
Honestly me sef dey laff. cheesy
Re: Is The North Just One Geopolitical Zone Now? by UncleJudax(m): 1:18pm On Aug 28, 2015
NaijaTalkTown:
Lol. No spin-doctoring here bruh. No way!

3 geopolitical zones each for North and south, match up the appointees.

Some states in the north even boast of more appointments than any of the 3 geopolitical zones in the South.

No matter how you view it, it is lopsided. Ka ga ne?
Re: Is The North Just One Geopolitical Zone Now? by UncleJudax(m): 1:22pm On Aug 28, 2015
omenka:
Hahahaha. Why would you not laugh...North is sitting on the throne. cheesy

Thanks to some people, southern nigerian may never be as 'united' as the north. Enjoy grin
Re: Is The North Just One Geopolitical Zone Now? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Aug 28, 2015
Actually only the senseless biafrans are the ones making noise. These particular people will make noise about anything and everything unless an Igbo man is given any appointment.

1 Like

Re: Is The North Just One Geopolitical Zone Now? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Aug 28, 2015
UncleJudax:

Lol. No spin-doctoring here bruh. No way!

3 geopolitical zones each for North and south, match up the appointees.

Some states in the north even boast of more appointments than any of the 3 geopolitical zones in the South.

No matter how you view it, it is lopsided. Ka ga ne?
No body has been appointed from my state, Kogi state and we are not complaining. The former chief of naval staff is from my state but his office was located in Abuja and he worked hard to protect the Nigerian coast not Kogi waterways or Northern waterways so how am I supposed to be bothered by the geopolitical zone of a presidential appointee?

2 Likes

Re: Is The North Just One Geopolitical Zone Now? by basilo101: 1:55pm On Aug 28, 2015
check the the thread on the chart representing buharis appointment so far, north is 75% while south is 25% nobody said the whole north is equal to one geopolitical zone.
Re: Is The North Just One Geopolitical Zone Now? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Aug 28, 2015
Buhari appointment by Geopolitical zone

Re: Is The North Just One Geopolitical Zone Now? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Aug 28, 2015
omenka:
North is always one while the South is made of the South East, South South and the Yorubas. Ever since march 28, the South West is no longer considered to be a geopolitical zone because it has been "conquered" by the Hausas/Fulanis excluding Lagos because it is a no man's land and Eko is a bini word.

Also, with the likes of Asari Dokuba, Aneke Tom and Tompolo, a particular region can be transformed into the U.A.E of Africa.

Many many things but wetin man go do if no be to laff?

(1) (2) (Reply)

DSS Raid On Akwa Ibom Govt House... The Inside Story!! / Former FCT Minister, Bala Mohammed’s 25yr Old Son, Abdullahi, Buys N800m Spo / Picture Of Saka Gombe Tinubu Street. Popularly Call Saka Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.