Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,811 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:20 AM

Is The North Just One Geopolitical Zone Now? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is The North Just One Geopolitical Zone Now? (2874 Views)

2016 Internally Generated Revenue By Geopolitical Region / Table Showing Buhari’s Appointments By Geopolitical Zones / List Of 28 Senators With Saraki At CCT By Geopolitical Zone And Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The North Just One Geopolitical Zone Now? by basilo101: 2:11pm On Aug 28, 2015
NaijaTalkTown:
No body has been appointed from my state, Kogi state and we are not complaining. The former chief of naval staff is from my state but his office was located in Abuja and he worked hard to protect the Nigerian coast not Kogi waterways or Northern waterways so how am I supposed to be bothered by the geopolitical zone of a presidential appointee?
Nobody is talking about states here, we are talking about north and south
Re: Is The North Just One Geopolitical Zone Now? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Aug 28, 2015
basilo101:

Nobody is talking about states here, we are talking about north and south
You no go fit understand. Go play with your mates.
Re: Is The North Just One Geopolitical Zone Now? by UncleJudax(m): 2:20pm On Aug 28, 2015
NaijaTalkTown:
No body has been appointed from my state, Kogi state and we are not complaining. The former chief of naval staff is from my state but his office was located in Abuja and he worked hard to protect the Nigerian coast not Kogi waterways or Northern waterways so how am I supposed to be bothered by the geopolitical zone of a presidential appointee?
Hahaha. I never did a state by state comparison...I said some northern states have more appointments than any geopolitical zone in the south. Two different things.

Well, I am never bothered about these appointments, however, most southerners believe the president means well, but...he has to carry everyone along.

That's not too much asking...is it grin
Re: Is The North Just One Geopolitical Zone Now? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Aug 28, 2015
UncleJudax:

Hahaha. I never did a state by state comparison...I said some northern states have more appointments than any geopolitical zone in the south. Two different things.

Well, I am never bothered about these appointments, however, most southerners believe the president means well, but...he has to carry everyone alone.

That's not too much asking...is it grin

The same logic used in the states comparisons applies to the regionals. Those appointed do not represent the interest of their regions but that of the Nigerian state. Those appointed are credible so I expect Anti-Nigerians and Politicians who thought it would be business as usual to cry and whin while encouraging gullible Nigerians to do so. Any Pro-Nigerian with atleast half a brain should know this. From Buhari's "body language" alone, we know the least we can do is to ignore the wailers. If pikin cry so tey, hin go sleep off.

#Wailingisallowed

2 Likes

Re: Is The North Just One Geopolitical Zone Now? by UncleJudax(m): 2:53pm On Aug 28, 2015
NaijaTalkTown:
The same logic used in the states comparisons applies to the regionals. Those appointed do not represent the interest of their regions but that of the Nigerian state. Those appointed are credible so I expect Anti-Nigerians and Politicians who thought it would be business as usual to cry and whin while encouraging gullible Nigerians to do so. Any Pro-Nigerian with atleast half a brain should know this. From Buhari's "body language" alone, we know the least we can do is to ignore the wailers. If pikin cry so tey, hin go sleep off.

#Wailingisallowed
Not even close. 5-6 states=a geopolitical zone...you see the different now?

Nobody is talking about business as usual. Spare me that shiii. If any appointee messes up, he should be dealt with, how is that encouraging business as usual? undecided

Ok. If all his appointments thus far were not influenced by politicians, fine and good, but how come he is unable to replicate this magic in the south. That's all.

Nobody is saying he should appoint politicians or incapable hands...but let it be inclusive. The south want to serve the country, too.

If we go by you logic, then, there shouldn't even be senators and federal House members from the south, since northern senators and HOR members are capable of representing everyone.

And did I mention that calling everybody that challenges the authority a wailingwailer is acute myopism. shocked

1 Like

Re: Is The North Just One Geopolitical Zone Now? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Aug 28, 2015
UncleJudax:

Nobody is talking about business as usual. Spare me that shiii. If any appointee messes up, he should be dealt with, how is that encouraging business as usual? undecided
Ok. If all his appointments thus far were not influenced by politicians, fine and good, but how come he is unable to replicate this magic in the south. That's all.
Nobody is saying he should appoint politicians or incapable hands but let it be an inclusive. The south want to serve the country, too.
If we go by you logic, then, there shouldn't even be senators and federal House members from the south, since northern senators and HOR members are capable of representing everyone.
And did I mention that calling everybody that challenges the authority a wailingwailer is acute myopism. shocked
I said politicians and anti-Nigerians, you say everybody. You could as well debate with yourself if simple understanding is too much for you. I'm not good at "regional bigotry" so you can excuse me.

1 Like

Re: Is The North Just One Geopolitical Zone Now? by UncleJudax(m): 3:17pm On Aug 28, 2015
NaijaTalkTown:
I said politicians and anti-Nigerians, you say everybody. You could as well debate with yourself if simple understanding is too much for you. I'm not good at "regional bigotry" so you can excuse me.
Hahaha. Nice way to sign out. Same old crap. grin
Re: Is The North Just One Geopolitical Zone Now? by ajoskele(m): 3:48pm On Aug 28, 2015
Sealeddeal:
which igbo person or igbo group rejected NNPC GMD as an Igbo?
OP, you are an average northern man. So,silly.
Ok sir! I think you joined Nairaland yesterday.
Re: Is The North Just One Geopolitical Zone Now? by nairaminds(m): 4:14pm On Aug 28, 2015
WailingWailer00:
Please if you are a yellowbar person, don't ever mention me again, ever Light has no business with darkness
Word!!!!! angry
u cud aswell leave nairaland being a yoruba mans forum
Re: Is The North Just One Geopolitical Zone Now? by uchedydy: 4:17pm On Aug 28, 2015
ajoskele:
The last time I checked, Nigeria is divided into six distinct geopolitical zones. The North is made up of three zones while the south has same numbers.
Why all these "hues and cries" about the President appointing only "Northerners" and no one from the "South East, South South and South West"?
Why is the North one and the South in threes to a typical Nigerian? How is South West different from South East and NorthWest not different from NorthEast? Why is SouthSouth different from SouthEast but NorthCentral is the same as NorthEast? NNPC GMD was even rejected by his Igbo brothers calling him Delta-Ibo.
Why do we think only Hausas and Fulanis dominate the north? A friend told me Adamawa State has just around 4% Fulanis and could boast of over 60% Christians.
President Muhammadu Buhari has made appointments across the whole of the six zones of North and South and will continue to in the upcoming appointments.
So "Fear North"!!

Bro, i don want to throw tamtrums t u, lets be objective, u said geopolitical zones. Please can u tell me who Buhari appointed in Souch East.
Re: Is The North Just One Geopolitical Zone Now? by fulanimafia: 4:28pm On Aug 28, 2015
Still no answer?
Re: Is The North Just One Geopolitical Zone Now? by freedom96: 4:41pm On Aug 28, 2015
grin you want to serve under my abok! Brother huh? grin forward your cv to almajiri101@gmail.com grin
uchedydy:

Bro, i don want to throw tamtrums t u, lets be objective, u said geopolitical zones. Please can u tell me who Buhari appointed in Souch East.
Re: Is The North Just One Geopolitical Zone Now? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:46pm On Aug 28, 2015
jumobi1:
Pardon my ignorance but how does the difference in the ethnic make up of the NE and NW compare to the difference in ethnic make up of either the SE and SS, the SS and SW, or the SW and SE?
Do you know that there are more ethnic groups in Plateau, Taraba and Adamawa states in the north than the whole of the south with 17 states?
Re: Is The North Just One Geopolitical Zone Now? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Aug 28, 2015
Are those groups a geopolitical zone? My question has to with what guy complained about no appointment in se as a geopolitical zone
OrlandoOwoh:

Do you know that there are more ethnic groups in Plateau, Taraba and Adamawa states in the north than the whole of the south with 17 states?
Re: Is The North Just One Geopolitical Zone Now? by uchedydy: 5:42pm On Aug 28, 2015
freedom96:
grin you want to serve under my abok! Brother huh? grin forward your cv to almajiri101@gmail.com grin

See how U trivilised it. I hate it dnt say the truth. For ur info., I am a strong advocate of Buhari, but what he has done is bad. Am further saddened by comments like yours.

Lets always try to be fair and just in our statements. I rest my case.
Re: Is The North Just One Geopolitical Zone Now? by freedom96: 7:49pm On Aug 28, 2015
uchedydy:

See how U trivilised it. I hate it dnt say the truth. For ur info., I am a strong advocate of Buhari, but what he has done is bad. Am further saddened by comments like yours.

Lets always try to be fair and just in our statements. I rest my case.
Dnt mind my comment grin.

It's not unusual to be saddened by choices our leaders make.South Africans were angry that Mandela was not harsh on the whites.
Re: Is The North Just One Geopolitical Zone Now? by ajoskele(m): 7:54pm On Aug 28, 2015
Lalasticlala, do sontin now..shooo
Re: Is The North Just One Geopolitical Zone Now? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Aug 28, 2015
south and north...

(1) (2) (Reply)

DSS Raid On Akwa Ibom Govt House... The Inside Story!! / See Photos Of Biafran Leader Nnamdi Kanu In Court Today / Meet the Man Called Tompolo: How He Rose To Fame

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.