Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,200 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:16 PM

Crafts(yorubas) VS Trade(kwarans And Ibos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Crafts(yorubas) VS Trade(kwarans And Ibos) (5917 Views)

Staunch Saraki Supporter Posted This On Facebook; See Reactions From Kwarans / This Joke Tells The Exact Positions Of The Yorubas And Ibos Towards One Nijeriya / Now That Kwarans Have Realised: CONGRATULATIONS To Kwara People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crafts(yorubas) VS Trade(kwarans And Ibos) by Cosbyrich: 5:30pm On Aug 28, 2015
I am a new graduate of the University of Lagos, I read *Applied* Mathematics. With

the dirth of Jobs in the country, I am now a proprietor of a primary school. Just

recently branched into Secondary School. 2 and a half years to be precise. Watched

the trends of things in Lagos and decided to make this clarion call to all Yorubas

especially in Lagos that they should try jettisoning the idea of sending their wards or children to

learn crafts(vulcanizer,radionic or whatever they call it,mechanic..lol etc) again and embrace the blessed path of trading like Kwarans and Ibos.Just like I posted the other day,the Kwarans had

nothing when they came to Lagos,so also were the Ibos. Both indulged in trading

and in no time had landed properties than any ethnic group in Lagos.The Kwarans have more lands than the Ibos.We have seen some of them owning virtually a whole street numbering up to almost 100.
We know one of them(I think he is/was called Oladimeji) who owns more than a hundred houses and they have also produced a governor in the person of former Gov Lateef Jakande.So also do the Ibos have a lot of landed properties. My observation is

that the Ibos are trying and succeeding in overwhelming the Kwarans with their Population in Lagos which

could be 4:1 and trying to take up the businesses or trades of the Kwarans who

are Yoruba. Taking Loans with the large population that they have and putting them massively on their businesses thereby using their population strength to give the Kwarans a run for their money. In my

research, If anything is not done about this, the resultant effect would be

devastating for Yorubas knowing the tendency of the Ibos to dominate. Yorubas

should come together and enter trading in Multitudes because reality has shown

that trading is the in thing to success in Nigeria now. Shun crafts for a while.

Most of the touts and area boys learnt crafts according to my findings but because it has been

saturated with people and because the blessing attached to trade /biz by God is not

there for handicraft, most of them have become burdens to the Community.

Yoruba act now before is too late!!! .LET US DISCUSS AND FIND A SOLUTION.
Cc:areonakankanfo, gbawe,ritchiee,yoruboidmuslim,
eshinwaju,coolitempa,anulaxad,Princedebola201,
After1,Nochildsplay,
GentleToks,
attacker231,Rilwayne001,wytecat

GentleToks

3 Likes

Re: Crafts(yorubas) VS Trade(kwarans And Ibos) by Nobody: 5:39pm On Aug 28, 2015
so politics no favour Yoruba again?

ha si na isi aputarokwa grin

13 Likes

Re: Crafts(yorubas) VS Trade(kwarans And Ibos) by VirginFinder: 5:52pm On Aug 28, 2015
Cosbyrich:
I am a new graduate of the University of Lagos, I read *Applied* Mathematics. With

the dirth of Jobs in the country, I am now a proprietor of a primary school. Just

recently branched into Secondary School. 2 and a half years to be precise. Watched

the trends of things in Lagos and decided to make this clarion call to all Yorubas

especially in Lagos that they should try jettisoning the idea of sending their wards or children to

learn crafts(vulcanize
Bullllllshit!
ibos and inferiority complex are twins.

2 Likes

Re: Crafts(yorubas) VS Trade(kwarans And Ibos) by vicadex07(m): 5:59pm On Aug 28, 2015
Cosbyrich:

learn crafts(vulcanizer,radionic or whatever they call it,mechanic..lol etc) again and embrace the blessed path of trading like Kwarans and Ibos.Just like I posted the other day,the Kwarans had

and in no time had landed properties than any ethnic group in Lagos.The Kwarans have more lands than the Ibos.We have seen some of them owning virtually a whole street numbering up to almost 100.
We know one of them(I think he is/was called Oladimeji) who owns more than a hundred houses and they have also produced a governor in the person of former Gov Lateef Jakande.So also do the Ibos have a lot of landed properties. My observation is

that the Ibos are trying and succeeding in overwhelming the Kwarans with their Population in Lagos which

are Yoruba. Taking Loans with the large population that they have and putting them massively on their businesses thereby using their population strength to give the Kwarans a run for their money. In my

that trading is the in thing to success in Nigeria now. Shun crafts for a while.

Most of the touts and area boys learnt crafts according to my findings but because it has been

saturated with people and because the blessing attached to trade /biz by God is not

After1,Nochildsplay,
GentleToks,

GentleToks
ODE, SO WHO GO COME DEY DO AM

1 Like

Re: Crafts(yorubas) VS Trade(kwarans And Ibos) by basilo101: 6:08pm On Aug 28, 2015
i marvel at the foolish.ness of yorubas wenever they roll out drums to celebrate shoprite and boast of the huge profits shoprite is making. yet they claim igbos are incosequential cos they are mere traders. what does shoprite do : retailing. what do igbos do : Retailing. How come little shopping malls make huge profits but u dont belive dat massive open markets are making profits?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Crafts(yorubas) VS Trade(kwarans And Ibos) by Cosbyrich: 6:21pm On Aug 28, 2015
basilo101:
i marvel at the foolish.ness of yorubas wenever they roll out drums to celebrate shoprite and boast of the huge profits shoprite is making. yet they claim igbos are incosequential cos they are mere traders. what does shoprite do : retailing. what do igbos do : Retailing. How come little shopping malls make huge profits but u dont belive dat massive open markets are making profits?
In real big business,you are no match to the Yorubas but the problem is that most IBOS are coming into this trade thing like bees and mostly stationed in the South West especially Lagos and they are now using their population power to almost overwhelm the Kwarans who are traders and buying lands like the Ibos too.They even have more lands than the IBOS but are not shouting that they dominate anybody because they are Yorubas.Ifear that the other Yorubas would lose a substantial and juicy part of Lagos if they dont act quick.TRADE OR BIZ IS THE IN THING.BELIEVE IT OR LOSE WHILE YOU BECOME BEGGARS BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT LOOKING AT REALITY.

3 Likes

Re: Crafts(yorubas) VS Trade(kwarans And Ibos) by Cosbyrich: 6:22pm On Aug 28, 2015
vicadex07:
ODE, SO WHO GO COME DEY DO AM
tHINK DEEP MAN .People will still be there.
Re: Crafts(yorubas) VS Trade(kwarans And Ibos) by tociano009(m): 7:07pm On Aug 28, 2015
Cosbyrich:

After1,Nochildsplay,
GentleToks,

GentleToks
#werey
Re: Crafts(yorubas) VS Trade(kwarans And Ibos) by olawalepopoola: 8:11pm On Aug 28, 2015
Craftsmen are important in any economy! All of us can't be traders! Brick layering, vulcanizers, fashion designers, etc are needed for the economy to grow

2 Likes

Re: Crafts(yorubas) VS Trade(kwarans And Ibos) by badnature: 8:25pm On Aug 28, 2015
ha yoruba want to start the same 2/2 shop the always condemning ,you no longer want to start like otedola? keep on with your agbero work. every day come out and seat down on every junction and collect money from okada,and discuss on how you hate on omo yebo,what every Yoruba youths does today is lean how to box and after he will wait for his imaginary enemy(omo yebo) we will see in 40 years from now what will be of yoruba elders (the current Yoruba youths) keep hating omo yebo we are waiting for you in the future

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crafts(yorubas) VS Trade(kwarans And Ibos) by Ritchiee: 9:15pm On Aug 28, 2015
badnature:
ha yoruba want to start the same 2/2 shop the always condemning ,you no longer want to start like otedola? keep on with your agbero work. every day come out and seat down on every junction and collect money from okada,and discuss on how you hate on omo yebo,what every Yoruba youths does today is lean how to box and after he will wait for his imaginary enemy(omo yebo) we will see in 40 years from now what will be of yoruba elders (the current Yoruba youths) keep hating omo yebo we are waiting for you in the future
Why would we hate omo Igbo.We are more educated than they are,we have achieved more than them and they are helping us to develop our land.You are a joker.

1 Like

Re: Crafts(yorubas) VS Trade(kwarans And Ibos) by Nobody: 9:15pm On Aug 28, 2015
Truth be told, as silly as the op looked he is making a bit of sense business/trade is the next big thing in Nigeria today.

It is also of note that the kwarans really dominate the real estate and building materials business in Lagos which is source of billions of naira to most of them. I personally have many relative who have made it big through this.

2 Likes

Re: Crafts(yorubas) VS Trade(kwarans And Ibos) by badnature: 9:28pm On Aug 28, 2015
rechee! your more educated than omo yebo that's what yoruba media propaganda said but guy show us data from ministries of education let see,I getam before no be property!!

6 Likes

Re: Crafts(yorubas) VS Trade(kwarans And Ibos) by Nobody: 9:42pm On Aug 28, 2015
[b]First of all stop these unnecessary comparisons. its extremely unneccessary. let everyone do his thing. it reeks of inferiority complex which i don't expect a yoruba person to have especially when talking about Africa. i don't compare myself with ibos. i believe we're in our own zone. i don't want to be boastful so i'll leave it there.back to the topic,So kwarans and ibos own landed properties? what's all these junk i'm seeing on nairaland sef.ha! let's even face it,how many ibo landlords do you know? how many kwaran landlords do you know?i've stayed in surulere and i never saw one. the people i know own properties the most in lagos are ijebu people. the ibo landed properties only exists on nairaland and switch it we don't have to do what ibos do. i already told them before petty trading isn't a noble job.i remember one time i listened to the kanu guy and he was telling them this even though some of them are not intelligent enough to grab it. Go to developed countries and you'll notice its usually the lowest of the lows that own corner stores. are you surprised majority of the techpreneurs you see today are yorubas? let me show you a smart yoruba man here and see how this will benefit his yoruba folks and hey for you e-hooligans who might want to troll, make sure you've perfected the art before you engage me[/b]

http://techpoint.ng/how-showroom-ng-plans-to-make-at-least-100k-furniture-makers-millionaires-by-2020/

6 Likes

Re: Crafts(yorubas) VS Trade(kwarans And Ibos) by Ambcharles(m): 9:43pm On Aug 28, 2015
You dont compare an igbo man with other tribes because they dont regard others as achievers. .they are individualistic and their competition is between themselves mostly.This is one of the problems the face!
Re: Crafts(yorubas) VS Trade(kwarans And Ibos) by Ritchiee: 10:02pm On Aug 28, 2015
Ambcharles:
You dont compare an igbo man with other tribes because they dont regard others as achievers. .they are individualistic and their competition is between themselves mostly.This is one of the problems the face!
I support this thread. Traders are always richer than craftsmen.I am an educated trader and I know what I am saying...

1 Like

Re: Crafts(yorubas) VS Trade(kwarans And Ibos) by Ritchiee: 10:19pm On Aug 28, 2015
Ambcharles:
There are so many of them in Lagos and I am afraid just like the OP that we must find legal solution to counter them by going into trading.I know we would triumph as we have always done against them.
Re: Crafts(yorubas) VS Trade(kwarans And Ibos) by ArodewilliamsT: 10:23pm On Aug 28, 2015
NOBLEDANDY:
so politics no favour Yoruba again?

ha si na isi aputarokwa grin

So they are abandoning amala politics to come trade 2 by2. heheheheheeh!

15 Likes

Re: Crafts(yorubas) VS Trade(kwarans And Ibos) by Nobody: 10:26pm On Aug 28, 2015
Ritchiee:
I support this thread. Traders are always richer than craftsmen.I am an educated trader and I know what I am saying...

i don't agree with that. all craftsmen need is packaging. they all have potentials to be richer than traders but most of them mess around a lot and don't take their jobs seriously

1 Like

Re: Crafts(yorubas) VS Trade(kwarans And Ibos) by Nobody: 10:36pm On Aug 28, 2015
Ritchiee:
There are so many of them in Lagos and I am afraid just like the OP that we must find legal solution to counter them by going into trading.I know we would triumph as we have always done against them.

No community of human being created not just in Nigeria but Africa can challenge Igbos in trade and commerce, do you know what your trying to do

Even if all the ethnic groups in Nigeria decided to challenge Igbos in trade and commerce forget it you will only dominate small portion like foodstuff for Northerners, Kola nut for Yoruba or whatever.

Do you know how far Igbos have gone in trading, it doesn't end in buying and selling my brother, its deeper than you think.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crafts(yorubas) VS Trade(kwarans And Ibos) by Ritchiee: 10:38pm On Aug 28, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

i don't agree with that. all craftsmen need is packaging. they all have potentials to be richer than traders but most of them mess around a lot and don't take their jobs seriously
I understand what you mean but then who is going to package them?Do you know that Yoruba has the most craftsmen/women in Nigeria and still growing.Out of the billionaires in Nigeria, how many of them are craftspeople?

1 Like

Re: Crafts(yorubas) VS Trade(kwarans And Ibos) by Nobody: 10:40pm On Aug 28, 2015
Ritchiee:
I understand what you mean but then who is going to package them?Do you know that Yoruba has the most craftsmen/women in Nigeria and still growing.Out of the billionaires in Nigeria, how many of them are craftspeople?
Re: Crafts(yorubas) VS Trade(kwarans And Ibos) by Nobody: 10:43pm On Aug 28, 2015
eliment:
Truth be told, as silly as the op looked he is making a bit of sense business/trade is the next big thing in Nigeria today.

It is also of note that the kwarans really dominate the real estate and building materials business in Lagos which is source of billions of naira to most of them. I personally have many relative who have made it big through this.

Which real estate and where is the building materials.

The biggest building material in Lagos is Oduade which Igbos don't just dominate but own. All the iron dealers at Iyana Ipaja are mostly from Anambra State.

Who own ASPAMDA grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You can even challenge Igbos anywhere in building materials even in Dei Dei Abuja they have turned it to Bridgehead extension.

Mr, dreaming it self could be suicidal if you ask me

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Crafts(yorubas) VS Trade(kwarans And Ibos) by Ritchiee: 10:44pm On Aug 28, 2015
BuddahMonk:

No community of human being created not just in Nigeria but Africa can challenge Igbos in trade and commerce, do you know what your trying to do

Even if all the ethnic groups in Nigeria decided to challenge Igbos in trade and commerce forget it you will only dominate small portion like foodstuff for Northerners, Kola nut for Yoruba or whatever.

Do you know how far Igbos have gone in trading, it doesn't end in buying and selling my brother, its deeper than you think.
I am telling you,you are no match to the Yoruba in anything.Go and ask Azikiwe,Ojukwu,Achebe etc.I pray that Yorubas heed this call and you would see what they call real trading.Igbo ke...
Re: Crafts(yorubas) VS Trade(kwarans And Ibos) by Nobody: 10:47pm On Aug 28, 2015
Ritchiee:

The only way that can happen is if we get autonomy. its definitely not happening at this moment.only the government can do that and the Current Government has better things to deal with.i can authoritatively tell you the plan to upgrade artisans and craftsmen is parts of the plans of the DAWN Commission but whenever we talk some people will start screaming one Nigeria. that's why i don't engage in all these biafran threads. i actually wish for their seccession. i wish it will happen today. Another thing is this, i don't think there's anywhere in the world where craftsmen are billionaires. kilode. look at this link and you'll smile.

http://techpoint.ng/how-showroom-ng-plans-to-make-at-least-100k-furniture-makers-millionaires-by-2020/

2 Likes

Re: Crafts(yorubas) VS Trade(kwarans And Ibos) by levelszik(m): 10:49pm On Aug 28, 2015
grin funny op with funny assertions.
Re: Crafts(yorubas) VS Trade(kwarans And Ibos) by chukslawrence(m): 10:49pm On Aug 28, 2015
Brb
Re: Crafts(yorubas) VS Trade(kwarans And Ibos) by Nobody: 10:49pm On Aug 28, 2015
Ritchiee:

The Home of craft in Africa is Aba, you people rarely travel but claim everything.

Onitsha and Enugu are another area but not to the level of Aba, craft business in Aba is on the world of its own, nobody can challenge Aba craftmen.
People from Gabon, Togo, Ghana and Cameroun visit Aba daily for shoe purchase, visit Aba and see where tailors build 3 storey buildings.

Stop abeggggg, just stop now

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crafts(yorubas) VS Trade(kwarans And Ibos) by Nobody: 10:53pm On Aug 28, 2015
Ritchiee:
I am telling you,you are no match to the Yoruba in anything.Go and ask Azikiwe,Ojukwu,Achebe etc.I pray that Yorubas heed this call and you would see what they call real trading.Igbo ke...

Its like you forget your brain at the brothel

5 Likes

Re: Crafts(yorubas) VS Trade(kwarans And Ibos) by Nobody: 10:56pm On Aug 28, 2015
BuddahMonk:

Which real estate and where is the building materials.

The biggest building material in Lagos is Oduade which Igbos don't just dominate but own. All the iron dealers at Iyana Ipaja are mostly from Anambra State.

Who own ASPAMDA grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You can even challenge Igbos anywhere in building materials even in Dei Dei Abuja they have turned it to Bridgehead extension.

Mr, dreaming it self could be suicidal if you ask me

The biggest building material market in lagos is Odu ade market and they dominate it? if i give you e-slap from here. maybe you think we're using mbs that we can't afford to Google things online

All the iron dealers at Iyana Ipaja are mostly from Anambra State?The hindu temple census? grin grin grin

i'm not surprised by that. After all y'all believe Obama listens to radio biafra, indians are lazy and that Ibos control 80% of the businesses in South africa. grin grin grin

Very soon you'll tell us Jesus christ was born in nnewi
grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Crafts(yorubas) VS Trade(kwarans And Ibos) by coolitempa(f): 11:03pm On Aug 28, 2015
There is a lot more to an economy than trading..... cheesy..yorubas dominate in banking, real estate....technology.....manufacturing.....service industry...even in trading when you consider all the markets together rather than focus on ladipo and a few others which are not up to five percent of markets in lagos alone...the thing about the flat'heads is that they make a lot of noise out of nothing... cheesy...but they will soon regret it... cheesy...I am personally well aware of plans to cut them back to size as people are now aware of their true mindset.... cheesy...go and read about the DAWN commission.....you will know levels are different.... cheesy...

3 Likes

Re: Crafts(yorubas) VS Trade(kwarans And Ibos) by Nobody: 11:20pm On Aug 28, 2015
coolitempa:
There is a lot more to an economy than trading..... cheesy..yorubas dominate in banking, real estate....technology.....manufacturing.....service industry...even in trading when you consider all the markets together rather than focus on ladipo and a few others which are not up to five percent of markets in lagos alone...the thing about the flat'heads is that they make a lot of noise out of nothing... cheesy...but they will soon regret it... cheesy...I am personally well aware of plans to cut them back to size as people are now aware of their true mindset.... cheesy...go and read about the DAWN commission.....you will know levels are different.... cheesy...

i tire oooo.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ACN/CPC Merger To Oust GEJ Has Paid Off Once Again. Congrats To Tinubu & Yorubas / Ugwuanyi Swears In Commissioners, Advisers, Retains Uzor As Chief Of Staff / Border Closure: Sleeping Giant Nigeria Stirs And entire World Takes Notice.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.