Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,758 members, 7,809,923 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:14 PM

Kogi Governorship Elections Holds Today... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kogi Governorship Elections Holds Today... (1708 Views)

Osita Chidoka Picks Form For Anambra Governorship Elections - Pictures / Abubakar Audu Wins Kogi Governorship Election / Some Kogi Governorship Election Result 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kogi Governorship Elections Holds Today... by azimibraun: 4:49am On Aug 29, 2015
Misleading topic right? Yes! It is misleading. But the facts on ground in Kogi proves otherwise. Actually the "APC Governorship Election Primary Holds Today" Though a notorious fact but there is almost no stopping whoever emerges as APC flag bearer from going on to be elected as Governor of Kogi state and the reasons are not far fetched.

1. Kogi state is one of those states that had almost more than half it's citizens and politicians (especially) embrace the APC even when the PDP was still very much in control of the state and the center. This move was evident in the outcome of the last sets of elections in Kogi state. Just about anybody(qualified anyway) who ran for election under the APC won their elections. Sen. Dino Melaye and Hon. Alfa Imam a "green horn" of the state house of Assembly were able to defeat incumbents legislators with ease " The Buhari Tsunami" or "Wind of Change" it was called then. But give it to Kogi people for they embraced APC long before President Buhari won the primaries in Lagos.

2. Kogi state arguably is the least progressive state in Nigeria considering the peace enjoyed in the state( not by gov't effort) but the people who naturally don't trouble any government in power. The people of Kogi state are not fools but they know how to give any administration all the support it needs to succeed yet the PDP in Kogi never took advantage of this asset to develop the state which is so backward so much that it's people outside the state hide their faces whenever Kogi shows up in the news. Kogi hardly does show up but anytime it makes the news, it's for all the wrong reasons.

Governor Idris Wada who should never have been governor in the first place ( Politically not Divinity) compounded his unexpected emergence (orchestrated) by Governor Idris Ibrahim the former helmsman, by being so docile and unproductive, lacks vision, lacks innovation and practically does not know what to do as Governor. A performing Governor naturally is a person of interest to Nigerians that we all know now. I bet you, just about 100,000 Nigerians outside Kogites most likely would have heard of governor Idris Wada. Journalists may struggle to remember his name if they have to write about Kogi. He is not Loud as a person some may say, but what about his achievements; less louder than his inaudible person. Wada meets the best definition of "Cluelessness "

With this said, it is clear why I said today the next Kogi Governor will emerge from the APC primaries. I will not go into the ethnicity and religious factors anyway. I will keep it political because I believe in equality. Igalas must give chance to others now or in 4yrs time. We are a family and we can all provide effective leadership.
Re: Kogi Governorship Elections Holds Today... by Gombs(m): 4:50am On Aug 29, 2015
Wow.. Your silliness is factory fitted. angry
#MisLeadingtopic

*y'all check out who's below me grin

1 Like

Re: Kogi Governorship Elections Holds Today... by ladyF(f): 4:53am On Aug 29, 2015
Interesting....
Re: Kogi Governorship Elections Holds Today... by donsmall94(m): 4:55am On Aug 29, 2015
Following
Re: Kogi Governorship Elections Holds Today... by kunlesmiles(m): 5:22am On Aug 29, 2015
I won't be supporting an igala candidate again,kogi west and kogi central sud also Av a taste of power.#powershift
Re: Kogi Governorship Elections Holds Today... by Teryfik(m): 6:11am On Aug 29, 2015
Y d long story,afta misleadin us wit d topic u were trying 2 convince us dat u knw exactly wat u r doin meanwhile u r as clueless as Wada(kogi state gov 4 those who don't knw his name)

1 Like

Re: Kogi Governorship Elections Holds Today... by Sunky4all(m): 7:26am On Aug 29, 2015
Fingers crossed........
Re: Kogi Governorship Elections Holds Today... by timilehing(m): 7:32am On Aug 29, 2015
Kogi people & their strongheaded behavior
Re: Kogi Governorship Elections Holds Today... by Onlymewakacum(m): 12:58pm On Aug 30, 2015
Change is upon us and that change will definitely sweep through Kogi State. PDP will be swept out! Kogi shall be redeemed by APC! Long live Kogi State!

(1) (Reply)

Election In Rivers Was Credible. JEGA / Arsenal Wenger Split From His Wife After 5 Years Of Marriage / IPOB Delegates At UN World Indigenous Peoples Convention In Los Angeles USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.