Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,851 members, 7,841,214 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

Buhari’s Lopsided Appointments Split The North, His Supporters - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Lopsided Appointments Split The North, His Supporters (30667 Views)

Olisa Agbakoba Sues FG Over “lopsided Appointments” At NNPC / Nnamdi Kanu On Top Of His Car Waving At His Supporters In Igweocha, Rivers / I Have Been Abused Because Of Buhari’s Lopsided Appointments – Oyegun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari’s Lopsided Appointments Split The North, His Supporters by dayo23(f): 11:46am On Aug 29, 2015
Adebowale89:
but seriously this complaint is getting so bored coz I found it too hard to comprehend what this appointment of region and zone has to do with the standard living of the masses

what would it profit southerners and easterners if one have their people is made SGF

GMB ride on! all we desire is credibility and a way forward on the standard of living of Nigerians
I tire for them o! After dey will say I am a graduate, GEJ 6yrs in power what did the southerners I mean average Nigerians in the south benefit? Except for the politicians who keep stealing and looting. You guys should keep crying...
Re: Buhari’s Lopsided Appointments Split The North, His Supporters by SirAlfred(m): 11:50am On Aug 29, 2015
This is a long essay, I prefer you shorten it next time.
Re: Buhari’s Lopsided Appointments Split The North, His Supporters by neocortex: 11:50am On Aug 29, 2015
teeowl:
what happens if more than 60% of the ministers come from the south?... doesn't that balance things out?

it took a lot of Nigerians 2 years to start criticizing GEJ that we voted for in 2011... so it is only fair for us to wait for ministerial list.

That can't happen because every state have to produce a minister moreover
60% is too low to compensate for the lopsidedness
and BTW the most powerful positions have been given out already.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Lopsided Appointments Split The North, His Supporters by Nobody: 11:52am On Aug 29, 2015
The only thing that has change in buhari is his khaki to kaftan.All other things remains intact.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Lopsided Appointments Split The North, His Supporters by Nobody: 11:53am On Aug 29, 2015
Mohammed, however, said giving key political appointments to some certain sections of the country could endanger the unity of the country.

The second Republic lawmaker also said that northerners had previously been marginalised in the country by public office holders of Igbo origin, while denying the existence of a northern agenda being allegedly pursued by Buhari.

He said, “I’m not and I’ve never been a believer in zoning or rotation in giving key political appointments. I also believe that it is not in the national interest to zero in certain key appointments to certain sections of the country because it allows for further division of the country.

fellow nairalanders check the above comments well and be sincere to yourselves....after perusing, ask yourselves if naija you are proud to call your country. It is well!
http://www.punchng.com/news/buharis-lopsided-appointments-split-the-north-his-supporters/
http://www.heldeen.com[/quote]
Re: Buhari’s Lopsided Appointments Split The North, His Supporters by aye9ice007(m): 11:57am On Aug 29, 2015
Orjioorji:
God will judge every believer that endorse the islamization of this country through their vote to a man who has been looking for oppurturnity to vent their anger on churches, very soon they will be Barning churches from public places before our eyes will open.
u mumu o! Kawai!!!
Re: Buhari’s Lopsided Appointments Split The North, His Supporters by Rexyl(m): 11:58am On Aug 29, 2015
Buhari made himself President of the north for the north. May God help us!
Re: Buhari’s Lopsided Appointments Split The North, His Supporters by Nobody: 11:58am On Aug 29, 2015
Fake news! The north is united, they support themselves no matter the condition. This one nah propaganda ish!

They are even happy as they have more of them in power.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Lopsided Appointments Split The North, His Supporters by Rexyl(m): 12:05pm On Aug 29, 2015
ayandee:
I don't care about federal xter. Just appoint people who will deliver. That's all.

You can't be right.

Re: Buhari’s Lopsided Appointments Split The North, His Supporters by Rexyl(m): 12:06pm On Aug 29, 2015
ayandee:
I don't care about federal xter. Just appoint people who will deliver. That's all.

You should care except you don't care if your birthright is given to the dog. U can only be right if we practise true federalism. If not you will continue with wisful thinking while the bigger bosses continue to exploit thru weakness and non challant attitudes of the feeble minded or the gullible

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Lopsided Appointments Split The North, His Supporters by olalerujb: 12:11pm On Aug 29, 2015
As long as appointments are concern, buhari has not done well in this area. Party or no party agenda, he should know that he belong to everybody, and not few segments of the country. People of indelible character are spread across the country. He has not shown that he is a true Democrat. However, he should learn from his past mistakes and remember history. Few words for the wise
Re: Buhari’s Lopsided Appointments Split The North, His Supporters by Spybradd: 12:13pm On Aug 29, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:
When Ibos held power in Jonathan's administration they acted as the pillars of the government and were instrumental in discriminativr practices against other regions of this nation....particularly against the West.

Point of note.....the last SGF was an Ibo, Pius Anyim Pius. So why are Ibos upset that they were not retutned to the position? Should SGF not go to other regions?

Ibos swore they would never serve under a certificateless almajiri illiterate. So why are they upset that the illiterate cow herder does not invite them into service?

big foool,are igbos the subject,the complainants on this thread? keep foaming in the mouth over the progressive igbos,ur miserable life is ticking by fast...and by the time u end up,as u are almost doing,haven lived an unfulfilled and miserable life,i bet you're gonna blame the igbos,chimpazee....

grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Lopsided Appointments Split The North, His Supporters by Gboliwe: 12:15pm On Aug 29, 2015
teeowl:
2013... I voted for Jonathan in 2011... and it was in 2013 that I started seeing him as clueless.

Now you are speaking for yourself and not for "a lot of Nigerians". Mcheeeeeew

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Lopsided Appointments Split The North, His Supporters by VISTIN(m): 12:16pm On Aug 29, 2015
The point is, he's doing what he knows how to do best.

This is the major reason why Igbos totally rejected him. If somebody like Tambuwal (North) had challenged Jonathan in the last election, he would have gotten a good number of votes from SE. I would have voted him.

Anybody who expects less from Buhari is making a mistake.
Take a look: in 2003, he campaigned only in d North. In 2007, he campained only in the North. In 2011, he campaigned only in the North.
He same thing coming in 2015 and decided to use and dump the SW.
If anybody is saying he can still balace d appointments, it's a lie.

It's just about ministers which is ordinary potfolio and the way he's running the gvt, ministers will just be like errand boys for him.
Presidency, Security, Justice system, NASS, Customs, etc should be spread across the country. But if he has taken most of this to his clan, he's just tribalistic.

That's what he's done. He done what he knows best. APC sacm "C H A N G E ".

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Lopsided Appointments Split The North, His Supporters by Rexyl(m): 12:18pm On Aug 29, 2015
ayandee:
I repeat that all i care about is steady power supply, good roads, security, improved educational system, and economic stability. If he achieves these in 4 years with a north-dominated cabinet, he would have my vote again.

Let him go ahead with this kind of imbalance, the cheated parts or people will lag behind and miss a lot. What if your people are sidelined in key posts and federal appointments including employments for the next four years or more.

Pls understand the reason why people are not happy with PMB. He is deliberately causing disaffection in the country. Nothing has changed since.

Or tell me one thing that has changed without its connection with achievements of previous government.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Lopsided Appointments Split The North, His Supporters by Obiwiz(m): 12:24pm On Aug 29, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:
When Ibos held power in Jonathan's administration they acted as the pillars of the government and were instrumental in discriminativr practices against other regions of this nation....particularly against the West.

Point of note.....the last SGF was an Ibo, Pius Anyim Pius. So why are Ibos upset that they were not retutned to the position? Should SGF not go to other regions?

Ibos swore they would never serve under a certificateless almajiri illiterate. So why are they upset that the illiterate cow herder does not invite them into service?
See person pikin. Jonathan na igbo man? You finish primary school at all? Abi ur school been no get Social Studies teacher? You now see how thuggery dey affect person life?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Lopsided Appointments Split The North, His Supporters by CuteRazy(m): 12:32pm On Aug 29, 2015
tongue[/color]
ogb5:

Was it also good motive for the nation when Buhari sited 87% of PTF project in the North as head of PTF?

These your wishful thinking will not help you. Face reality, you helped bring a tribal bigot into power,your wishful thinking will not make Buhari a nationalist at his old age. The man even told you that he will not treat all Nigerians equally based on vote distribution,yet you are still wishing.

There are competent people in all parts of Nigeria, so lack of competency is not an excuse for omiting any part of the country from the governance of the country.
[color=#990000]
ogb5:

Was it also good motive for the nation when Buhari sited 87% of PTF project in the North as head of PTF?

These your wishful thinking will not help you. Face reality, you helped bring a tribal bigot into power,your wishful thinking will not make Buhari a nationalist at his old age. The man even told you that he will not treat all Nigerians equally based on vote distribution,yet you are still wishing.

There are competent people in all parts of Nigeria, so lack of competency is not an excuse for omiting any part of the country from the governance of the country.
ogb5:

just shut your dirty mouth, now your mind is telling you that Buhari that you people so much insulted by your region are now crying for appointment... Is a pity my bro
Re: Buhari’s Lopsided Appointments Split The North, His Supporters by cabaliciouscabal: 12:32pm On Aug 29, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:

U ar a confirm wizard, u Jst express my mind in totality, dis also confirm y I always say dat d igbos ar focus less, no direction set of people, today dey want biafra, tomorrow dey want slice of d cake, in a nation dey call Zoo, yoruba got notin in Jonathan's govt and thunderstorms did not come down, dey took it in gentle stride, so igbos is ur turn, learn to live by it. Buhari is d commander in chief and he has right to choose whosoever he trusted to work with him. Matter Closed.
Re: Buhari’s Lopsided Appointments Split The North, His Supporters by Rexyl(m): 12:33pm On Aug 29, 2015
@ ayandee

Obj tried to respect the rule of true federal character, his failure was as a result of greed and arrogance.
Re: Buhari’s Lopsided Appointments Split The North, His Supporters by Nobody: 12:35pm On Aug 29, 2015
Then why did Jonathan lose?
If majority of Nigerians were behind Jonathan, no amount of rigging would remove him... grin

Gboliwe:

Now you are speaking for yourself and not for "a lot of Nigerians". Mcheeeeeew
Re: Buhari’s Lopsided Appointments Split The North, His Supporters by Niwdog(m): 12:36pm On Aug 29, 2015
May amadioha strike you there
OPCNAIRALAND:

wht is your problem with igbos??
Re: Buhari’s Lopsided Appointments Split The North, His Supporters by teamchocolate: 12:37pm On Aug 29, 2015
I am proudly yoruba and I am not complaining..i LOVE Pmb's appointments....

Bobbystanley:
Only a stupid Nigeria would support Buhari's Appointment.

I'm from the 5% region. I didnt vote for him and not expecting anything from him.
But what about my Yoruba brothers who didnt allow us to rest because of Change?
Even to the extent of Chasing us with brooms in our sleep.
You Can't use competency as an excuse for all these Appointment.

Is he saying that among millions of Yoruba's nobody is worthy to be appointed COS or SFG?

Yoruba's una see Una life? Backstabbers!
Re: Buhari’s Lopsided Appointments Split The North, His Supporters by Nobody: 12:45pm On Aug 29, 2015
dayo23:
I tire for them o! After dey will say I am a graduate, GEJ 6yrs in power what did the southerners I mean average Nigerians in the south benefit? Except for the politicians who keep stealing and looting. You guys should keep crying...
Your brothers in the north didn't allowed him to work.They used bokoharam to destabilized his govt.At least he built almajirins schools in the north so that bokoharam can be enlightened.
Re: Buhari’s Lopsided Appointments Split The North, His Supporters by Rexyl(m): 12:45pm On Aug 29, 2015
teamchocolate:
I am proudly yoruba and I am not complaining..i LOVE Pmb's appointments....

When the cock has given its comb to a folk! No cause for alarm again.
Re: Buhari’s Lopsided Appointments Split The North, His Supporters by Azaks12(m): 12:45pm On Aug 29, 2015
In a situation where by appointments are based on purely merit it is very hard to avoid the word, LOPSIDEDNESS. If Buhari sees 10 persons in the same region that can honestly and effectively do the job they were appointed for, then, there nothing wrong about that. when we should be crying foul is only when Buhari neglected a region by denying such a region the developmental prospects it deserve.
Re: Buhari’s Lopsided Appointments Split The North, His Supporters by timpaker(m): 12:59pm On Aug 29, 2015
A precedence has been set with these appointments. And for all those who see nothing wrong with the lopsided appointments and who bask on the euphoria of 'competency' should not complain when the next president decides to choose members of his office from his family or a state government picking his commissioners from a particular local government area.

We shouldn't allow our hatred for something or someone becloud us.

His recent appointment is perceived as an attack and a declaration of regional bastardisation to the South.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Lopsided Appointments Split The North, His Supporters by Chigold101(m): 1:01pm On Aug 29, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:

get the list of appointments made Jonathan and tell me how it favoured the Igbos most.

Post the lists the buttress your point.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obiano in China: Onitsha Port, Anambra Int Airport In Focus- Pics / Ombatse Spokesman - 'Bullets Don't Kill Us' / Photos From The Multiple Suicide Bomb Attacks In Borno State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.