Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,860 members, 7,838,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

Buhari’s Lopsided Appointments Split The North, His Supporters - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Lopsided Appointments Split The North, His Supporters (30657 Views)

Olisa Agbakoba Sues FG Over “lopsided Appointments” At NNPC / Nnamdi Kanu On Top Of His Car Waving At His Supporters In Igweocha, Rivers / I Have Been Abused Because Of Buhari’s Lopsided Appointments – Oyegun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari’s Lopsided Appointments Split The North, His Supporters by Eluwilussit(m): 7:06pm On Aug 29, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:
When Ibos held power in Jonathan's administration they acted as the pillars of the government and were instrumental in discriminativr practices against other regions of this nation....particularly against the West.

Point of note.....the last SGF was an Ibo, Pius Anyim Pius. So why are Ibos upset that they were not retutned to the position? Should SGF not go to other regions?

Ibos swore they would never serve under a certificateless almajiri illiterate. So why are they upset that the illiterate cow herder does not invite them into service?

Don't be a bigot. Can you tell us the powerful positions the SE held in Jonathan's govt? Only Anyim was holding a key position. President was from SS. VP was from North. Speaker North. senate president, North.

I can't speak for Jonah or Nigerians, why the West was not as prominent in that Govt as they were in OBJ's. It could also be because it wasn't long that the west held sway, through Obasanjo. Besides, Gbaja and some others, sold the speakership to the North.

Besides, for the first time, the SE was represented in a Nigerian govt. is that a crime?

As for the last paragraph, I am with u. The Igbos shouldn't expect nothing from Buhari. It was expected.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Lopsided Appointments Split The North, His Supporters by racino: 7:14pm On Aug 29, 2015
Adebowale89:
but seriously this complaint is getting so bored coz I found it too hard to comprehend what this appointment of region and zone has to do with the standard living of the masses

what would it profit southerners and easterners if one have their people is made SGF

GMB ride on! all we desire is credibility and a way forward on the standard of living of Nigerians
God bless you my brother. but the reality is that nigerians are naturally tribalistic therefore PMB has to be careful so that he doesn't lose his support base in the south, especially the south west. We didn't vote for buhari to b appointing northerners all over the place . I am from the north and am totally against this one sided appointments. Buhari owes northerners nothing but good governance and I think that should also be the case with other regions of the country. For national unity buhari should identify people of impeccable character from the south and appoint them to head key ministries. For now this is the way to go at least till we start to see ourselves as nigerians first before being a yoruba or haussa or igbo.
But honestly all this noise about appointments is not worth it because even if everybody in this government is your tribesman you may not necessarily benefit with anything unless you know one of them personally and he's willing to help you. I know Namadi Sambo's nephews that are still jobless despite their uncle being the VP for five years.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Lopsided Appointments Split The North, His Supporters by wokomabest(m): 7:22pm On Aug 29, 2015
basisop:

Learn to read. The article is interesting quoting opinions from different quarters, even our NL peeps were quoted.
yes my dear
Re: Buhari’s Lopsided Appointments Split The North, His Supporters by Adebowale89(m): 7:30pm On Aug 29, 2015
racino:

God bless you my brother. but the reality is that nigerians are naturally tribalistic therefore PMB has to be careful so that he doesn't lose his support base in the south, especially the south west. We didn't vote for buhari to b appointing northerners all over the place . I am from the north and am totally against this one sided appointments. Buhari owes northerners nothing but good governance and I think that should also be the case with other regions of the country. For national unity buhari should identify people of impeccable character from the south and appoint them to head key ministries. For now this is the way to go at least till we start to see ourselves as nigerians first before being a yoruba or haussa or igbo.
But honestly all this noise about appointments is not worth it because even if everybody in this government is your tribesman you may not necessarily benefit with anything unless you know one of them personally and he's willing to help you. I know Namadi Sambo's nephews that are still jobless despite their uncle being the VP for five years.

you are on point but I still subscribed for a better Nigeria and that's my priority
Re: Buhari’s Lopsided Appointments Split The North, His Supporters by racino: 7:31pm On Aug 29, 2015
SmartMugu:

While this may seem credible to do, it's starting to appear its the same pattern repeating itself. Are we saying competent folks are lacking in other regions of the country? I think there is some hidden agenda when key positions are being allocated to the same region of the country.
I am also worried about the trend of the appointments so far made. Buhari should not take his southern supporters for granted. SGF and chief of staff going to the north is understandable after all yaradua and Jonathan did the same thing but custom or immigration boss one at least should have gone to the south east. For me it's too early to condemn buhari l'll wait for his ministers.
Re: Buhari’s Lopsided Appointments Split The North, His Supporters by Nobody: 7:34pm On Aug 29, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:
When Ibos held power in Jonathan's administration they acted as the pillars of the government and were instrumental in discriminativr practices against other regions of this nation....particularly against the West.

Point of note.....the last SGF was an Ibo, Pius Anyim Pius. So why are Ibos upset that they were not retutned to the position? Should SGF not go to other regions?

Ibos swore they would never serve under a certificateless almajiri illiterate. So why are they upset that the illiterate cow herder does not invite them into service?
And which one has the yolubas gotten?
Re: Buhari’s Lopsided Appointments Split The North, His Supporters by wokomabest(m): 7:41pm On Aug 29, 2015
Bobbystanley:
Only a stupid Nigeria would support Buhari's Appointment.

I'm from the 5% region. I didnt vote for him and not expecting anything from him.
But what about my Yoruba brothers who didnt allow us to rest because of Change?
Even to the extent of Chasing us with brooms in our sleep.
You Can't use competency as an excuse for all these Appointment.

Is he saying that among millions of Yoruba's nobody is worthy to be appointed COS or SFG?

Yoruba's una see Una life? Backstabbers!
abeg help me ask them where that their OBJ dey.wether him no go talk for this issue abi the issue make am weak.thunder fire gorila
Re: Buhari’s Lopsided Appointments Split The North, His Supporters by Bimpe29: 9:18pm On Aug 29, 2015
For the sake of objectivity, unity & diversity Mr Muhammadu Buhari bleeped up & disappointed large number of his country men for these lopsided & unbalanced appointments.
Re: Buhari’s Lopsided Appointments Split The North, His Supporters by chacoonder(m): 9:31pm On Aug 29, 2015
Duru1:

I guess he will also work his idiotic magic of goals and aspiration for this zoo called Nigeria through the coffers from northern region of Nigeria. Did you ever research how the Daura Dumbass joined the armed forces of Nigeria?
I don't know where you are referring to as zoo and who is a daura dumbass...pls make yourself more comprehensible.
Re: Buhari’s Lopsided Appointments Split The North, His Supporters by Nobody: 12:25am On Aug 30, 2015
racino:

I am also worried about the trend of the appointments so far made. Buhari should not take his southern supporters for granted. SGF and chief of staff going to the north is understandable after all yaradua and Jonathan did the same thing but custom or immigration boss one at least should have gone to the south east. For me it's too early to condemn buhari l'll wait for his ministers.
keeping waiting ....you will wait till you become weary and old, it will shock you
Re: Buhari’s Lopsided Appointments Split The North, His Supporters by poseidon12: 12:43am On Aug 30, 2015
ladyF:
Let us exercise patience....It may not be as bad as it looks.

Most important thing is for the appointees to get the job done. Nigeria shall be great again
Are you guys not yet tired of that line "most important thing is for the appointees to get the job done."?
So its ok for a president of the country to be openly tribalistic.
Re: Buhari’s Lopsided Appointments Split The North, His Supporters by IkennaNweke(m): 4:36am On Aug 30, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:

Igbo people were not the ones who complained in this report, or did you not read it? Tanko Yakassai is an Hausa man, Adebanjo and Odumakin are Yorubas, so open your eyes very well.
Re: Buhari’s Lopsided Appointments Split The North, His Supporters by aresa: 4:38am On Aug 30, 2015
Eluwilussit:

Don't be a bigot. Can you tell us the powerful positions the SE held in Jonathan's govt? Only Anyim was holding a key position. President was from SS. VP was from North. Speaker North. senate president, North.

I can't speak for Jonah or Nigerians, why the West was not as prominent in that Govt as they were in OBJ's. It could also be because it wasn't long that the west held sway, through Obasanjo. Besides, Gbaja and some others, sold the speakership to the North.

Besides, for the first time, the SE was represented in a Nigerian govt. is that a crime?

As for the last paragraph, I am with u. The Igbos shouldn't expect nothing from Buhari. It was expected.

Happened and very prominent under OBJ. Learn your political history..
Re: Buhari’s Lopsided Appointments Split The North, His Supporters by Eluwilussit(m): 5:05am On Aug 30, 2015
aresa:

Happened and very prominent under OBJ. Learn your political history..

List them. I am not saying that OBJ didn't appoint people from SE. I am saying that Jonah gave them more important roles. Even during the military, were the Igbos not included? They were, but to what extent?

It is a shame that we are having this crappy discussion. As Nigerians, we should be concerned with performance not who is from where. Though that does not mean all appointment must come from one village.
Re: Buhari’s Lopsided Appointments Split The North, His Supporters by Eluwilussit(m): 5:12am On Aug 30, 2015
chacoonder:
I don't know where you are referring to as zoo and who is a daura dumbass...pls make yourself more comprehensible.

Great response!

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Lopsided Appointments Split The North, His Supporters by shammah1(m): 2:47pm On Aug 30, 2015
You're just so tribalistic and a hater of Igbos. Mind you I'm from the north
OPCNAIRALAND:

Re: Buhari’s Lopsided Appointments Split The North, His Supporters by timpaker(m): 2:49pm On Aug 31, 2015
joseph1832:
Mr Tim, shouldn't it be prudent for us to wait and see PMB make all his appointment before we start judging him of being tribalistic?.

When the 1st 10 positions have been given to the north.

Ministerial position is constitutional and hence shouldn't be used as a basis for compensation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Releases Anniversary Pigeons, Cuts Cake / Ikpeazu Welcomes Tambuwal With Made-In-Aba Shoe To Abia State (pics) / PDP Primaries, NW Leaders Endorse Markarfi As Consensus Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.