Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:49 AM

How Banks, Govt Officials Aided Marketers To Loot Subsidy Billions... - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Banks, Govt Officials Aided Marketers To Loot Subsidy Billions... (16030 Views)

Police Arrests Kess Billions For Robbery In Ghana / Kess Billions, Nigerian Suspected Robber Declared Wanted By Police In Ghana / Robbers Storm Mansion In Imo State, Loot Properties Without Mercy. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Banks, Govt Officials Aided Marketers To Loot Subsidy Billions... by Dandy1(m): 12:25pm On Aug 29, 2015
ewoo
Re: How Banks, Govt Officials Aided Marketers To Loot Subsidy Billions... by Tosman12(m): 12:27pm On Aug 29, 2015
Sycophant rules this country for 5 years plus, everything they did is just for there own selfish pocket.

My country i pray for thee.
Re: How Banks, Govt Officials Aided Marketers To Loot Subsidy Billions... by dustmalik: 12:28pm On Aug 29, 2015
bigerboy200:
Wailers will call this propaganda.
Don't mind the I.diots. this is even coming from vanguard, who is a known PDP apologist media outlet.

1 Like

Re: How Banks, Govt Officials Aided Marketers To Loot Subsidy Billions... by bamac(m): 12:34pm On Aug 29, 2015
shocked
Re: How Banks, Govt Officials Aided Marketers To Loot Subsidy Billions... by globatop: 12:34pm On Aug 29, 2015
Laws in nigeria are for the masses, inpunity is for the rich.

Thank God weve been salvaged, lets hope such frsud money will not be used to bring us ti status quo.
Re: How Banks, Govt Officials Aided Marketers To Loot Subsidy Billions... by ExInferis(m): 12:55pm On Aug 29, 2015
ignis:
This write up is too long. ...
Can somebody please summarise it for me?

here you go:

GEJ in collabo with diezani assisted some of their friends to milk the nation dry through fraudulent claims for subsidy payment for goods not imported and round tripping. Indigenous banks and some officials in NNPC and its various organs were in on the scam. in the end, no one was punished.

shikenna.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Banks, Govt Officials Aided Marketers To Loot Subsidy Billions... by AngryNigerian(m): 1:01pm On Aug 29, 2015
ezebunafo:
Looting,looting,looting,when are we gonna hear jail,jail,jail

...datz d problem my bro!!!

like a wiseman said, "Impunity reigns wen appropriate penalties r not administered on offenders
Re: How Banks, Govt Officials Aided Marketers To Loot Subsidy Billions... by oputaemma: 1:06pm On Aug 29, 2015
Very resourceful, this should guide the anti-graft agency in job

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Banks, Govt Officials Aided Marketers To Loot Subsidy Billions... by aariwa(m): 1:10pm On Aug 29, 2015
Re: How Banks, Govt Officials Aided Marketers To Loot Subsidy Billions... by texazzpete(m): 1:30pm On Aug 29, 2015
20pounds:
I am sure the writer must be one of the persons that protested when the past government wanted to remove subsidy on fuel. Now he has germinated an epistle to buttress his buffoonery.

Nigerians are the easiest set of people to 'rule' cos half of the population forget too easily, the other half is too daft to engage themselves in a sound logic.

You should learn comprehension.

Subsidy is not a bad thing. In fact, it's excellent. It's the theft of subsidy funds that is a bad thing indeed.

What GEJ wanted was to stop subsidy, instead of doing the sensible thing and tackling The corruption eating deep into the subsidy funds.

GEJ is to blame In this matter, pure and simple.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Banks, Govt Officials Aided Marketers To Loot Subsidy Billions... by REDDEVILS1(m): 1:34pm On Aug 29, 2015
If you investigate the culprits, u will find out they are most from the South East, South South and the West. The same set of pple wnt to be appointed by PMB for them to continue the looting. Baba sabi all una plan. Useless set of people.

That said I will never vote an Igbo man as president. He will sell this nation if possible unless that man is Prof. Chinedu Nebo. After Buhari the next person to rule the nation ought to be Babatunde Fashola. B4 my Igbo brodas start raining curses, Biko am not from the North. Am frm Ezeagu LGA in Enugu State. Everything thing is not about tribe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Banks, Govt Officials Aided Marketers To Loot Subsidy Billions... by Standing5(m): 1:35pm On Aug 29, 2015
Gej and his 'brothers' will have alot to tell Nigerians.
Re: How Banks, Govt Officials Aided Marketers To Loot Subsidy Billions... by RockMaxi: 1:38pm On Aug 29, 2015
20pounds:
I am sure the writer must be one of the persons that protested when the past government wanted to remove subsidy on fuel. Now he has germinated an epistle to buttress his buffoonery.

Nigerians are the easiest set of people to 'rule' cos half of the population forget too easily, the other half is too daft to engage themselves in a sound logic.

Did you bother to read at all for christ sake?

Re: How Banks, Govt Officials Aided Marketers To Loot Subsidy Billions... by omenka(m): 1:42pm On Aug 29, 2015
Large scale fraud crafted at the highest levels was perpetuated by government agencies, banks and hundreds of companies and persons .

Goats were invited into the barn, they ate to their fill and strutted away with swagger , with yams loaded on their backs. People awoke to the revelation with their ‘tufiakwas’ . “ O lorun maje “ we had all screamed . Before long all the noises died down, we resumed our slumber.
These few lines summarise the psyche of the average nigerian.

You just can't stop feeling sorry for those calling Buhari names for adoption the anti-corruption approach he's adopted.
Re: How Banks, Govt Officials Aided Marketers To Loot Subsidy Billions... by Orikinla(m): 1:44pm On Aug 29, 2015
kachysblog:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/revealed-how-banks-govt-officials-aided-marketers-to-loot-subsidy-billions/

[size=18pt]God is watching.
The election of President Muhammadu Buhari is also the trial of Alhaji Muhammadu Buhari's conscience.
Can he alone fight this war?
Only God will give us the faith and strength to support him, because he has now found out that he is a good shepherd surrounded by foxes and wolves in sheep clothing.
All the demonic cultists of the brazenly corrupt and evil administration of former President Goodluck Jonathan are still dining and winning from the Niger Delta to Abuja.
But lest we forget, the owners of oil blocks are their partners in crime. So, if the licenses of these rogue oil marketers must be revoked, then the licenses for oil blocks given to greedy individuals in high places must be revoked.

Can President Muhammadu Buhari have the balls and guts like Heracles to clean out the Augean stables of Nigeria? [/size]

Re: How Banks, Govt Officials Aided Marketers To Loot Subsidy Billions... by map5: 1:57pm On Aug 29, 2015
20pounds:

Re: How Banks, Govt Officials Aided Marketers To Loot Subsidy Billions... by amazingspiderma: 1:59pm On Aug 29, 2015
Nigerian leaders have perfected the art of corruption for so long.
Programs like Operation feed the nation,Vision 2020,Millenium development goal,Petroleum Trust Fund were short term strategies to steal and loot this nation.
But as they discovered they were going to be alive after retirement,they turned to the long term strategy of facing the source of funds, NNPC,DPR etc just to ensure that their means of livelihood is sustained.What do you expect from someone who stole his way throughout his carreer.He has eventually lost touch with the bestowed God given skill and exchanged it for looting.
Previous top bank CEOs are aware and even partners with them.
It might surprise you to know that these corrupt leaders have a think thank forum where they device means to take from the system.
They have special advicers who harness their skill by making them propose and adopt dubious programs or distraction that would take us to the theartre to watch the movie premier while they main shows on behind the scene.
They say one thing and do another,and when their source of revenue is suddenly under threat,they device another forum to make their the people lose sight of reality through sowing the seed of discord.Which is an abomination in the sight of God (Prov 6 v16).

Corruption in Nigeria is not an act for the infant, it is the hobby and wine of the elders of our land.They say one thing and do another.They tell you how bad people are just to gain your sympathy. The system has been cripple so that people cannot understand the truth anymore.
For instance in the north children have been left to be ignorant so that they can become tools in the hands of certain people when the need arises. Our youth are no exception,yes I mean the educated youth aswell. They don't know thier fundamental right. Why would you go through school and not be thaught the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Our curricullum has been shaped to keep us from the reality of things happening.We are thaught about engineering,ethos,scienctific and administrative system in school, but we graduate we suddenly discorver that the land is green not for productivity,it is green because it is jungle.
Where people have divided the map into territories making themselve local sherrifs over certain groups people.This is why they fight dirty when there is an external influence like the alpha males in a pride.
Back to the the constitution,ever wonder why we still haven't translated the constitution into atleast the major 3 languages for grass root penetration in the interest of ordinary Nigerian.This is because they thrive on the ignorance of the people to propagate their selfish ambition.Such people enjoy the ignorance of our generation,the illitrate,and the poor.
The have conditioned the minds of people to listen to only thier kinsmen and choice agents who lead religious forum. That is why is it easier to find people wallowing in propaganda because they have been made pawns. The budget is not read or translated either.

Even here in NL you could see their protogee's.Those who would boldy support suppression,threat and acts of voilence against their fellow country men.People who would gladly make sure that every thread in this forum is disected from the triabal and religious point of view.People are full of hate,phobia and sentiments.
But the question is, are there any Nigeerian who have no tribe or religion .
Sometimes I wonder what the future holds for us,when there is delibrate attempt to make our generation rivals.We never fought any war in our time then while groom us for battle everyday.
In advance societies people build relationships or alliances over generations,but over here we build sentiments.
There is hope if we do the right thing. First we must know who we are,what is our right and previledges before we can make any meaningful judgement of what is right or wrong.
The greatest threat agianst corruption is our oneness.When we all speak with one accord as a people.
I wrote this lenght just for one reason,which is a challenge to anyone who would dare to become free.
Please get a copy of the Nigerian constitution and read it.It is free on the internet at
http://www.worldstatesmen.org/nigeria_const1960.pdf
My goal is to speak to one heart,one person.To know the truth.
My mentor and best friend said "Ye shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free".
The world is waitng for you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Banks, Govt Officials Aided Marketers To Loot Subsidy Billions... by Dblack: 1:59pm On Aug 29, 2015
No comment, reading through this article is heart breaking. It just a clear case of conspiracy by govt, supposed regulators, marketers etc to defraud the country.

Subsidy is a failed model. From fertilizer to petroleum it has failed Nigeria. What's more alarming is that the same fraud still persist and hopes to persecute and bring corrupt people to book is almost impossible if not entirely impossible.

The article should be a front runner for the journal "the audacity of corruption"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Banks, Govt Officials Aided Marketers To Loot Subsidy Billions... by chikejude(m): 2:04pm On Aug 29, 2015
I believe it is because of impunity that most people gets involve in fraud.
I am patiently waiting for the role other agencies played including Efcc and the Judiciary.
Re: How Banks, Govt Officials Aided Marketers To Loot Subsidy Billions... by t2luv1: 2:07pm On Aug 29, 2015
Elzends:
Abeg, this tin tooo long johr
# sips yoyo bitters while waiting for summary

Its attitude like this that contribute to the decline in the social fabric of the country. Large percentage of Nigerians seem not to care or dont want to know what is going on in their country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Banks, Govt Officials Aided Marketers To Loot Subsidy Billions... by Orikinla(m): 2:13pm On Aug 29, 2015
bigerboy200:
Wailers will call this propaganda.
They are speechless.
This was how TAN was funded.
Re: How Banks, Govt Officials Aided Marketers To Loot Subsidy Billions... by Orikinla(m): 2:16pm On Aug 29, 2015
amazingspiderma:
Nigerian leaders have perfected the art of corruption for so long.
Programs like Operation feed the nation,Vision 2020,Millenium development goal,Petroleum Trust Fund were short term strategies to steal and loot this nation.
But as they discovered they were going to be alive after retirement,they turned to the long term strategy of facing the source of funds, NNPC,DPR etc just to ensure that their means of livelihood is sustained.What do you expect from someone who stole his way throughout his carreer.He has eventually lost touch with the bestowed God given skill and exchanged it for looting.
Previous top bank CEOs are aware and even partners with them.
It might surprise you to know that these corrupt leaders have a think thank forum where they device means to take from the system.
They have special advicers who harness their skill by making them propose and adopt dubious programs or distraction that would take us to the theartre to watch the movie premier while they main shows on behind the scene.
They say one thing and do another,and when their source of revenue is suddenly under threat,they device another forum to make their the people lose sight of reality through sowing the seed of discord.Which is an abomination in the sight of God (Prov 6 v16).

Corruption in Nigeria is not an act for the infant, it is the hobby and wine of the elders of our land.They say one thing and do another.They tell you how bad people are just to gain your sympathy. The system has been cripple so that people cannot understand the truth anymore.
For instance in the north children have been left to be ignorant so that they can become tools in the hands of certain people when the need arises. Our youth are no exception,yes I mean the educated youth aswell. They don't know thier fundamental right. Why would you go through school and not be thaught the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Our curricullum has been shaped to keep us from the reality of things happening.We are thaught about engineering,ethos,scienctific and administrative system in school, but we graduate we suddenly discorver that the land is green not for productivity,it is green because it is jungle.
Where people have divided the map into territories making themselve local sherrifs over certain groups people.This is why they fight dirty when there is an external influence like the alpha males in a pride.
Back to the the constitution,ever wonder why we still haven't translated the constitution into atleast the major 3 languages for grass root penetration in the interest of ordinary Nigerian.This is because they thrive on the ignorance of the people to propagate their selfish ambition.Such people enjoy the ignorance of our generation,the illitrate,and the poor.
The have conditioned the minds of people to listen to only thier kinsmen and choice agents who lead religious forum. That is why is it easier to find people wallowing in propaganda because they have been made pawns. The budget is not read or translated either.

Even here in NL you could see their protogee's.Those who would boldy support suppression,threat and acts of voilence against their fellow country men.People who would gladly make sure that every thread in this forum is disected from the triabal and religious point of view.People are full of hate,phobia and sentiments.
But the question is, are there any Nigeerian who have no tribe or religion .
Sometimes I wonder what the future holds for us,when there is delibrate attempt to make our generation rivals.We never fought any war in our time then while groom us for battle everyday.
In advance societies people build relationships or alliances over generations,but over here we build sentiments.
There is hope if we do the right thing. First we must know who we are,what is our right and previledges before we can make any meaningful judgement of what is right or wrong.
The greatest threat agianst corruption is our oneness.When we all speak with one accord as a people.
I wrote this lenght just for one reason,which is a challenge to anyone who would dare to become free.
Please get a copy of the Nigerian constitution and read it.It is free on the internet at
http://www.worldstatesmen.org/nigeria_const1960.pdf
My goal is to speak to one heart,one person.To know the truth.
My mentor and best friend said "Ye shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free".
The world is waitng for you.

The incorruptible are the minority and the most endangered species in Nigeria.
Re: How Banks, Govt Officials Aided Marketers To Loot Subsidy Billions... by Orikinla(m): 2:20pm On Aug 29, 2015
ExInferis:

here you go:

GEJ in collabo with diezani assisted some of their friends to milk the nation dry through fraudulent claims for subsidy payment for goods not imported and round tripping. Indigenous banks and some officials in NNPC and its various organs were in on the scam. in the end, no one was punished.

shikenna.

A+ summary.

1 Like

Re: How Banks, Govt Officials Aided Marketers To Loot Subsidy Billions... by Nobody: 2:23pm On Aug 29, 2015
the era of common stealing is not corruption is over... heads need to start rolling.
Re: How Banks, Govt Officials Aided Marketers To Loot Subsidy Billions... by Orikinla(m): 2:27pm On Aug 29, 2015
[size=18pt]As you can see, it is not a popular topic.
But post Rukky Sanda is exposing her boobs and you will see more than 40, 000 views and 100 comments and It's LadyF again and her gang rushing to make FTC and ranting about sexuality.
That is why I say that majority of Nigerians are intellectually retar-ded. But they know how to write long list of prayer requests for miracles and "APPEAL FOR SUPPORT" proposals and text messages of "send me credit" or "send me money".
A generation of vipers. IDIOTS.[/size]

3 Likes

Re: How Banks, Govt Officials Aided Marketers To Loot Subsidy Billions... by free2ryhme: 2:30pm On Aug 29, 2015
kachysblog:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/revealed-how-banks-govt-officials-aided-marketers-to-loot-subsidy-billions/

Some truth but not all for the purpose that it seems. Read in between lines, you will know the writer is hired to give strength and fire to the probe crusade.
For whatever purpose this write up is meant for, no blame should be ascribed to Jonathan as far as fuel subsidy corruption saga is concern. This man Jonathan saw all these complex and monstrous subsidy system and stood his ground that subsidy must be removed just to save Nigerians the age long monster that have made few wicked Nigerians dubiously and excessively rich at the expense of the suffering masses, but the same Nigerians that are crying "hoo and hii" today staged a masterminded nation wide protest against it even degenerated to "occupy Nigeria slogan" like those of the Arab states in the middle east.

Please give us a break, where were the likes of this writer that time? Why did they not expose all these to vehemently support Jonathan in removing the subsidy. Our problem in this nation is that we are always playing "the black cat umpire.". It will not help us. We known for long that much evils have been going on in this fuel subsidy system but we decided to trade truth for politics. The then Opposition party was against the removal and used NLC to stop Jonathan from stopping the fuel subsidy for flimsy excuses. Now that they have entered power, they are using every means possible including hired writers to cry foul and asked for the head of their predecessors. Too bad for this nation.
The subsidy system is a complex system especially when dealing with those heartless and greedy petroleum marketers. They are high level syndicates that can outsmart any government. Since Buhari entered, do you know how much fake fuel subsidy bills that has been accrued and documented as liabilities against the government by these voracious wolf marketers.

For me, the best thing to do is remove the fuel subsidy entirely. If not, this same story will still emerge after Buhari has left govt if we do not activate the existing refineries and build new ones to stop fuel importation.
Re: How Banks, Govt Officials Aided Marketers To Loot Subsidy Billions... by Akinz0126(m): 2:30pm On Aug 29, 2015
Jesu!no wonder they do say:corruption has eating deep into the fabric of the Nation.Walai the root of 9ja corruption is so deep that No matter how baba try to fight it I bet he won't be able to get to the root of it cause the root of the corruption itself already have endless branches.Chai Jonah Na you those wicked politician use suck the nation dry.I weep for my country
Re: How Banks, Govt Officials Aided Marketers To Loot Subsidy Billions... by Elzends(m): 2:49pm On Aug 29, 2015
t2luv1:

Its attitude like this that contribute to the decline in the social fabric of the country. Large percentage of Nigerians seem not to care or dont want to know what is going on in their country.
Smh..
Only if you understood the meaning of summary and it's advantages . I saw 1 mention and I rushed only to see ur poo
#continuesleeping#
Re: How Banks, Govt Officials Aided Marketers To Loot Subsidy Billions... by philips70(m): 2:51pm On Aug 29, 2015
texazzpete:

You should learn comprehension.

Subsidy is not a bad thing. In fact, it's excellent. It's the theft of subsidy funds that is a bad thing indeed.

What GEJ wanted was to stop subsidy, instead of doing the sensible thing and tackling The corruption eating deep into the subsidy funds.

GEJ is to blame In this matter, pure and simple.

But he was fighting it with technology na!
In other climes GEJ cannot escape jail.
Re: How Banks, Govt Officials Aided Marketers To Loot Subsidy Billions... by philips70(m): 2:58pm On Aug 29, 2015
free2ryhme:

Some truth but not all for the purpose that it seems. Read in between lines, you will know the writer is hired to give strength and fire to the probe crusade.
For whatever purpose this write up is meant for, no blame should be ascribed to Jonathan as far as fuel subsidy corruption saga is concern. This man Jonathan saw all these complex and monstrous subsidy system and stood his ground that subsidy must be removed just to save Nigerians the age long monster that have made few wicked Nigerians dubiously and excessively rich at the expense of the suffering masses, but the same Nigerians that are crying "hoo and hii" today staged a masterminded nation wide protest against it even degenerated to "occupy Nigeria slogan" like those of the Arab states in the middle east.

Please give us a break, where were the likes of this writer that time? Why did they not expose all these to vehemently support Jonathan in removing the subsidy. Our problem in this nation is that we are always playing "the black cat umpire.". It will not help us. We known for long that much evils have been going on in this fuel subsidy system but we decided to trade truth for politics. The then Opposition party was against the removal and used NLC to stop Jonathan from stopping the fuel subsidy for flimsy excuses. Now that they have entered power, they are using every means possible including hired writers to cry foul and asked for the head of their predecessors. Too bad for this nation.
The subsidy system is a complex system especially when dealing with those heartless and greedy petroleum marketers. They are high level syndicates that can outsmart any government. Since Buhari entered, do you know how much fake fuel subsidy bills that has been accrued and documented as liabilities against the government by these voracious wolf marketers.

For me, the best thing to do is remove the fuel subsidy entirely. If not, this same story will still emerge after Buhari has left govt if we do not activate the existing refineries and build new ones to stop fuel importation.

So according to you if you identify someone who has been stealing yams from your barn, all you do is relocate the barn and let the person go scot free. Since when did economic saboteurs stopped finding other means of robbing the country blind when you close one door for them?

If you don't punish crime in a society the society will breed a generation of criminals. If you build a safe in your house to protect your money and leave the thief roaming he will steal the safe and the money.

1 Like

Re: How Banks, Govt Officials Aided Marketers To Loot Subsidy Billions... by omenka(m): 3:09pm On Aug 29, 2015
Read through the entire piece and can't help but resent Jonathan even more!! angry

Look at the reactions of ordinary Nigerians (initial posters) to this and you get a very good idea why we are in such a terrible state as a nation- people just don't care about what affects their lives the most. They don't care that their future has seemingly been basterdised by a few greedy men and their friends. Hours after, this thread is still trying to gather just three pages! Were it to be one "yoruba did this", or "igbos did that", you would see nigerians bare their fangs like agitated rattle snakes!! angry

This country makes me sick!!

1 Like

Re: How Banks, Govt Officials Aided Marketers To Loot Subsidy Billions... by bigerboy200: 3:18pm On Aug 29, 2015
Orikinla:

They are speechless.
This was how TAN was funded.
I kept telling people that Ifeanyi Ubah of capital oil wouldn't just decide to sponsor the TAN movement just like dat..is he a Father Christmas?? GEJ and his gang looted billions thru that Man in d name of subsidy.. God will punish dem for us.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EFCC Arraigns Director For Allegedly Stealing N30m HIV/AIDS Funds / Aliyu Giwa: "How My Friend Was Set Up For Dumping His Cheating Girlfriend" / Four Oil Thieves Jailed In Port Harcourt. See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.