Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,148 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:47 PM

See Video Of What Ahmadu Bello Said About Igbos And Northerners - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See Video Of What Ahmadu Bello Said About Igbos And Northerners (16838 Views)

Femi Fani-kayode Blasts Chris Ngige For His Recent Comments About Igbos / How Awolowo Was Jailed By Yorubas And Northerners / EXPLOSIVE: The Anti Igbo And SS Plot By Yoruba And Northerners Goes Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Video Of What Ahmadu Bello Said About Igbos And Northerners by StOla: 4:07pm On Aug 29, 2015
CSTR2:
Of course, he would prefer a non-Nigerian before a Nigerian that is not northern.
A so-called hero of one-Nigeria still celebrated by idiotts to this day.
Isn't that also what kwankwaso did when he went and build schools in Niger-republic?
And some people wonder why poverty of the mind and body is ravishing them over there?

The Non-Nigerian was never a threat to any region. In the era of regional competition, the East, West and North were a threat to each other.

You do not give your competitors jobs to the benefit of their region of origin and families there, and to the disadvantage of Northern youths who could not inturn head to the South to compete.
The North would have become a region channelling funds via Southern employees, for the development of the Southern regions.

The same reason a Chelsea would find it hard selling off a player to Man Utd, or Real Madrid selling to Barcelona.

All would rather sell to a club in a different league.

Why?
They are not close enough to hurt you in the long run.

A possibility that hindsight has proved right

3 Likes

Re: See Video Of What Ahmadu Bello Said About Igbos And Northerners by CSTR2: 4:08pm On Aug 29, 2015
StOla:
The North would have turned to a job poaching ground for the Western region and Eastern region.

The Sarduana did his people a big favour with his well calculated policy.
Till today his own love him.

My opinion of him, or the opinion of the Igbo about him is irrelevant to the fact that he was a smart administrator that the North couldn't have been any better without.

As for the Igbos, you never tire to dey look for others tribal leaders to denigrate?

Everybody must work to your own advantage, else you call them traitor and whatnots. Yet we are still waiting to learn what favour the East ever did to merit anyone's loyalty.
Yes, but when ojukwu decided to opt out of an anti-igbo country to further leverage and build on the advantage of the eastern region which was the richest region at that time, your useless country declared war on him.
Your two-faced advantage seeking awolowo played a role.
If the igbos and by extension the old eastern region was that much of a burden, why didn't they let them go?

1 Like

Re: See Video Of What Ahmadu Bello Said About Igbos And Northerners by Realdeals(m): 4:10pm On Aug 29, 2015
I guess he made that statement as the head of Northern region and not of Nigeria. It's like a governor of state as we have now, saying he will consider the people in his state first before considering others outside the state. This to me is normal.

2 Likes

Re: See Video Of What Ahmadu Bello Said About Igbos And Northerners by SirBlack999(m): 4:11pm On Aug 29, 2015
True talk,i got the hardcopy.
whirlwind7:
Huh. We all know that the only tribe who is afraid of competition in whatever level, are the people from the north.
This video doesn't even say much. Get a better perspective of how their mind work, and how they have this unhealthy phobia for progressive and hardworking southerners from the book "The Biafra Story" by Frederick Forsythe.
I mean, when you understand them, you won't be surprised that despite being in power longer than any region of the country, the north remains the most backwards, poorest and most underdeveloped appendage of this contraption called Nigeria.
I can mail the eBook to anyone who wants to read it.
Re: See Video Of What Ahmadu Bello Said About Igbos And Northerners by CSTR2: 4:12pm On Aug 29, 2015
StOla:

The Non-Nigerian was never a threat to any region. In the era of regional competition, the East, West and North were a threat to each other.

You do not give your competitors jobs to the benefit of their region of origin and families there, and to the disadvantage of Northern youths who could not inturn head to the South to compete.

The same reason a Chelsea would find it hard selling of a player to Man Utd, or Real Madrid selling to Barcelona.

All would rather sell to a club in a different league.

Why?
They are not close enough to hurt you in the long run.

A possibility that hindsight has proved right
Look at this guy.
The regions were a threat to each other just like california is a threat to newyork?
Abeg carry your rotten arguments dey go.
Very sioon, i will see you shouting one-Nigeria in another thread.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Video Of What Ahmadu Bello Said About Igbos And Northerners by meforyou1(m): 4:16pm On Aug 29, 2015
whirlwind7:
Huh. We all know that the only tribe who is afraid of competition in whatever level, are the people from the north.
This video doesn't even say much. Get a better perspective of how their mind work, and how they have this unhealthy phobia for progressive and hardworking southerners from the book "The Biafra Story" by Frederick Forsythe.
I mean, when you understand them, you won't be surprised that despite being in power longer than any region of the country, the north remains the most backwards, poorest and most underdeveloped appendage of this contraption called Nigeria.
Pls send it to me. Should I pm you?
Re: See Video Of What Ahmadu Bello Said About Igbos And Northerners by StOla: 4:17pm On Aug 29, 2015
CSTR2:
Yes, but when ojukwu decided to opt out of an anti-igbo country to further leverage and build on the advantage of the eastern region which was the richest region at that time, your useless country declared war on him.
Your two-faced advantage seeking awolowo played a role.
If the igbos and by extension the old eastern region was that much of a burden, why didn't they let them go?

The SouthWest really couldn't care less.
It was a region already heavily occupied by Northern Soldiers. Awolowo was wise enough not to be pushed into regional suicide by an Ojukwu who knew the SW would end up being the war battleground. As a Yoruba, I have no apology to render for not being suicidal like the Igbo.

As for the North insisting on keeping the country together, I reckon they wanted the Igbo to enjoy the unitary federal system the Igbos had devised to rule the North. Just that the roles of the ruler and the ruled were now reversed.
Something the Igbos did not like, yet they tried to enforce before roles changed.

2 Likes

Re: See Video Of What Ahmadu Bello Said About Igbos And Northerners by meforyou1(m): 4:18pm On Aug 29, 2015
wordcat:
How can i download the video
U Can install YouTube downloader and use that to download it

1 Like

Re: See Video Of What Ahmadu Bello Said About Igbos And Northerners by StOla: 4:22pm On Aug 29, 2015
CSTR2:
Look at this guy.
The regions were a threat to each other just like california is a threat to newyork?
Abeg carry your rotten arguments dey go.
Very sioon, i will see you shouting one-Nigeria in another thread.

I don't believe Nigeria should exist by force. If a peaceful dissolution can be worked out, I'll not in any way impede that.

However I believe we all benefit as a Nation from the common size and population vis a vis fellow African neighbours.

I can promise you that while the SouthEast and SouthWest may remain a single entity after dissolution, the same cannot be said of the Middle Belt and SouthSouth.

The crises that would ensue would eventually affect the otherwise stable regions

1 Like

Re: See Video Of What Ahmadu Bello Said About Igbos And Northerners by meforyou1(m): 4:24pm On Aug 29, 2015
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

Do Easterners have oil? Shut up my friend!
No, they don't have. I hear you guys have oil and natural gas in reckless abandon in nupe basin, sokoto and yobe.
U are very lucky Orkar coup didn't succeed, you would have joined your brothers in Niger and chad long ago

1 Like

Re: See Video Of What Ahmadu Bello Said About Igbos And Northerners by whirlwind7(m): 4:45pm On Aug 29, 2015
BiafranNigerian:

Put the link of the eBook here, I will download it, and I believe other people will love to read it too.
Sorry, I don't have the link. I downloaded the book over 5 years ago. I have it in epub format, and if you are interested, you can drop your email and i'll send it to you soon as I can.
Re: See Video Of What Ahmadu Bello Said About Igbos And Northerners by whirlwind7(m): 4:46pm On Aug 29, 2015
brize:
abeg i need am. Sir.brize udo dili gi

You got mail.
Re: See Video Of What Ahmadu Bello Said About Igbos And Northerners by whirlwind7(m): 4:47pm On Aug 29, 2015
cheruv:

Mail me @ ruechangparavita
Am interested

You got mail
Re: See Video Of What Ahmadu Bello Said About Igbos And Northerners by whirlwind7(m): 4:47pm On Aug 29, 2015
vivalavida:

biko send the book to neptunes211

Frederick Forsythe is a wonderful writer. have read two of his books

You got mail
Re: See Video Of What Ahmadu Bello Said About Igbos And Northerners by whirlwind7(m): 4:49pm On Aug 29, 2015
meforyou1:
Pls send it to me. Should I pm you?

Just drop your email. I just mailed it to the three others that gave their email address. Once you receive the ebook, you can delete the email address you posted, to avoid getting spam messages from email hunters.
Re: See Video Of What Ahmadu Bello Said About Igbos And Northerners by whirlwind7(m): 4:51pm On Aug 29, 2015
imsuboi:

I just sent you a PM now. Please do reply.

Thanks.

Saw it. If it's about the book I mentioned. Just drop your email address, and i'll send it immediately
Re: See Video Of What Ahmadu Bello Said About Igbos And Northerners by meforyou1(m): 4:57pm On Aug 29, 2015
whirlwind7:

Just drop your email. I just mailed it to the three others that gave their email address. Once you receive the ebook, you can delete the email address you posted, to avoid getting spam messages from email hunters.
Have PM you. Trust me, can't write my email pls.
Re: See Video Of What Ahmadu Bello Said About Igbos And Northerners by dearpiriye: 5:14pm On Aug 29, 2015
whirlwind7:

Saw it. If it's about the book I mentioned. Just drop your email address, and i'll send it immediately

PrinnyOfodoks@gmail.com
Re: See Video Of What Ahmadu Bello Said About Igbos And Northerners by htconeline: 5:20pm On Aug 29, 2015
Kanu after seeing this should lunch biafra for KANO and KASTINA and SOKoTO.
So that ibo can start how to murder the EMIR.
Re: See Video Of What Ahmadu Bello Said About Igbos And Northerners by nwadiuko1(m): 5:28pm On Aug 29, 2015
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

Do Easterners have oil? Shut up my friend!
no easterners don't....westerners do
Ode oshi

1 Like

Re: See Video Of What Ahmadu Bello Said About Igbos And Northerners by Nobody: 5:33pm On Aug 29, 2015
whirlwind7:
GREAT, email me @ richardtobi@naij.com
Re: See Video Of What Ahmadu Bello Said About Igbos And Northerners by vivalavida(m): 5:34pm On Aug 29, 2015
thanks bro
Re: See Video Of What Ahmadu Bello Said About Igbos And Northerners by vivalavida(m): 5:37pm On Aug 29, 2015
whirlwind7:

You got mail

yea,thanks bro

which app can I use in viewing it?
can't download. am getting a prompt which reads no app available to view this on your device
Re: See Video Of What Ahmadu Bello Said About Igbos And Northerners by whirlwind7(m): 5:41pm On Aug 29, 2015
Teensway:
GREAT, email me @ richardtobi

You got mail
Re: See Video Of What Ahmadu Bello Said About Igbos And Northerners by whirlwind7(m): 5:42pm On Aug 29, 2015
dearpiriye:

PrinnyOfodoks

You got mail

1 Like

Re: See Video Of What Ahmadu Bello Said About Igbos And Northerners by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 5:44pm On Aug 29, 2015
nwadiuko1:
no easterners don't....westerners do
Ode oshi
Oh! Is it the oil you guys were trying to claim in kogi state? Kogi people have chased you guys from your village in anambra because you tried to claim their oil, is there another I don't know about?

2 Likes

Re: See Video Of What Ahmadu Bello Said About Igbos And Northerners by whirlwind7(m): 5:46pm On Aug 29, 2015
vivalavida:

yea,thanks bro

which app can I use in viewing it?
can't download. am getting a prompt which reads no app available to view this on your device

The book is in epub format. So long as you are using an android device, there's many apps on Google play you can download to read it with. Some of then are cool reader, moon reader, fb reader,full reader, ebook reader...hundreds of them.
If you are using a windows device, download caliber.
Re: See Video Of What Ahmadu Bello Said About Igbos And Northerners by Nobody: 5:47pm On Aug 29, 2015
whirlwind7:

Re: See Video Of What Ahmadu Bello Said About Igbos And Northerners by whirlwind7(m): 6:02pm On Aug 29, 2015
slimz10:

lemonboy58

You got mail
Re: See Video Of What Ahmadu Bello Said About Igbos And Northerners by dansatch: 6:07pm On Aug 29, 2015
whirlwind7:
omitechoo@gmail.com
Re: See Video Of What Ahmadu Bello Said About Igbos And Northerners by vivalavida(m): 6:08pm On Aug 29, 2015
whirlwind7:

The book is in epub format. So long as you are using an android device, there's many apps on Google play you can download to read it with. Some of then are cool reader, moon reader, fb reader,full reader, ebook reader...hundreds of them.
If you are using a windows device, download caliber.

already done that
thanks
Re: See Video Of What Ahmadu Bello Said About Igbos And Northerners by jesunaanigmail(m): 6:11pm On Aug 29, 2015
[quote author=whirlwind7 post=37456660]Huh. We all know that the only tribe who is afraid of competition in whatever level, are the people from the north.
I can mail the eBook to anyone who wants to read.

Please kindly send it to: adeadeyelu@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

APC Should Be Careful Of Atiku’s Supporters Who Didn’t Defect – Idahosa / Niger-Delta Ministry Completes Ondo Cassava Processing Plant After 8 Years / Tribunal Sacks APC's Udende, Returns PDP's Suswam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.