Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,869 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

Again, Fayose Criticises Buhari’s Lopsided Appointment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Again, Fayose Criticises Buhari’s Lopsided Appointment (618 Views)

I Have Been Abused Because Of Buhari’s Lopsided Appointments – Oyegun / "I Don’t Want To Contest Again" - Fayose / APC Activist Omojuwa Criticises Buhari Government. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Again, Fayose Criticises Buhari’s Lopsided Appointment by Sigoal(m): 12:20pm On Aug 29, 2015
Ekiti State Governor, Mr Ayodele Fayose, has again advised President Muhammadu Buhari to be equitable in the appointments of people into positions, reiterating that Mrs Amina Zakari headship of the Independent National Electoral Commission, is dangerous to the
country’s electoral system.
In a dramatic manner, Fayose also appointed a 72-year old Carpenter and illiterate, Mr Olatunde Afolayan as the caretaker chairman of Moba Local Government.
Fayose, also sworn in members of the State Independent Electoral Commission, headed by a retired Chief Judge of the State, Justice Kayode Bamisile , to be able to conduct local government elections before the end of the year.
After administering the oaths on the appointees in Ado Ekiti on Friday, Fayose told President Buhari to remove Mrs Zakari as INEC’s Acting Chairman , while also urging him to be equitable in appointing the National Electoral Commissioners that would preside over the sensitive body.
Commenting on his resolve to conduct local government election, latest by December this year, Fayose said members “of this honourable commission must be men of impeccable characters. So, whoever has anything against any of the members must come forward to prove it and if you do I will remove such person immediately.
“It baffles me when leaders make their in-laws or friend or relations members of electoral body. This is immoral.
“ I have criticized President Buhari for making Mrs Amina Zakari the head of INEC in the country based on certain reasons and I cannot afford to toe the same line. So, the people I have here are those that can do us proud. I urge you to discharge your duty without fear or
favour”.
Afolayan, who was sworn-in as caretaker chairman of Moba local Government , was inaugurated alongside Mrs Omolara Bayode Ayeni and Mr Owolabi Ajewole, who were to superintend over Ikole and Ijero Councils respectively, following resignation of those that had earlier
appointed by the governor.
Fayose said many of the champions of democracy in Nigeria depends on illiterates to survive during electioneering campaigns , lamenting that “some of us used to get to the positions and forget these people.
“In my government, whether you are educated or not, you will get something. The vote of a professor and an illiterate is the same. So, under my administration, those who are not educated can rise to any level they want”, he said.
The governor had right inside the hall where the inauguration was performed appointed a graduate from the Ijero local government to serve as Personal Assistant to the new council boss.
Afolayan, who commended the governor for the kind gesture said, what he expected was for the governor to make him a ward chairman, promising to surpass the records left behind by his predecessors to justify Fayose’s stand that local people are intelligent and visionary.
“I had never gone to school for a day, but that does not diminish my intelligence. I may not be educated or certificated, but I have brain and experience to pilot the affairs of the council.
Tactically referring to the refusal of former factional speaker of the Ekiti State house of assembly, Hon Dele Olugbemi to reject his membership of the House of Assembly Service Commission, Fayose said it was only God that saved him for the recent impeachment contrary to the claim of some people, he accused of double dealing during the crisis.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/again-fayose-criticises-buharis-lopsided-appointment/
Re: Again, Fayose Criticises Buhari’s Lopsided Appointment by Abugab(m): 12:24pm On Aug 29, 2015
But he appointed an illiterate septuagenarian carpenter as a local govt interim chairman in a state that boasts of having more professors than the whole of northern Nigeria. What will he call such appointment?

1 Like

Re: Again, Fayose Criticises Buhari’s Lopsided Appointment by kamair237(m): 12:29pm On Aug 29, 2015
Is Fayose really relevant outside EKITI

WAILED!!!
Re: Again, Fayose Criticises Buhari’s Lopsided Appointment by myopinion2011: 12:29pm On Aug 29, 2015
One thing remains undisputable about this man is the fat that despite his controversial stance, he remained loved by his people.
What is responsible for me is the fact that Fayose remains a grass root politician. He is vry close to his people, acting in accordance to his people's feelings. This continued to give him edge over Fayemi who ran an elites govt in recent elections.

Imagine a non-schooled as chairman. Fayose continous wonders...

1 Like

Re: Again, Fayose Criticises Buhari’s Lopsided Appointment by ijaw1stson: 12:34pm On Aug 29, 2015
fayose the only governor that buhari fears.....or rather, ignores
Re: Again, Fayose Criticises Buhari’s Lopsided Appointment by temitemi1(m): 12:42pm On Aug 29, 2015
My ROLE MODEL grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Anti-corruption War Is Non-negotiable, Buhari Replies Jonathan’s Ministers / INTERVIEW: How Members Of Jonathan’s Kitchen Cabinet Worked Against His Re-elect / Attention.attention,attention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.