Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,638 members, 7,955,318 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:34 PM

Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion (30628 Views)

Whats The Title Of The Song Topping Your Playlist Right Now ? / Do You Need A Songwriter Or Lyricist? / Top Ten Worst Nigerian Hit Songs Remix (Opinion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion by softvio(m): 9:53am On Sep 17, 2015
1.Jessejagz.......2.Fecko......3.Boogey....4.vector......5.AQ

1 Like

Re: Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion by Nobody: 9:54am On Sep 17, 2015
HayZee06:
I think it goes in this order IMO:

VECTOR
MI
YUNG6IX
JESSE JAGZ
ERIGGA
VEC is truly d rap king in naija, he's got all wat it takes.
baba den u neva hear God on d mic by jesse. vector gud.erigga is dope
Re: Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion by ashmanpolo: 9:59am On Sep 17, 2015
Me can't stop loving 'Bad gyal' by Jesse Jags
Re: Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion by Nobody: 10:00am On Sep 17, 2015
GIYAZZ:
YES
Lemme help you

Djicemob:
Are you saying the TINAA mixtape is better than Jagz two albums? It'd come as a shock if your answer to that question is YES but i'd respect your opinion,we all have one.

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion by SamAbims(m): 10:01am On Sep 17, 2015
Why is there no honorary mention for yung 6ix... Tha boi sef dey try!!!!!!
Re: Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion by igwedaboss(m): 10:02am On Sep 17, 2015
Jesse is King..
Re: Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion by redcliff: 10:05am On Sep 17, 2015
Awesomeking:
Your list makes a whole lotta sense fella,except that i beleive boogey should be replaced withe either loose kaynon or blackmagic

tec and ghost from show dem camp are good where they are

You must have had malaria and hallucinating when typing the bolded!
Re: Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion by Escoboss(m): 10:06am On Sep 17, 2015
JesseJags, Listen to songs like pedal to the floor you will gaze with awe, classics like "my brother", reggae hits like "desire" ,the royal niger company piece is just fabulous..
For real these guys aint got much exposure & its only ppls that sought for the real rap ish that can know them.

1 Like

Re: Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion by softvio(m): 10:08am On Sep 17, 2015
redcliff:

You must have had malaria and hallucinating when typing the bolded!
hahahahahahah...Bros you wicked
Re: Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion by Oldef: 10:08am On Sep 17, 2015
Trust the op did his homework properly, list on point. Tho if We are to judge by quality and quantity, I'll hand d mic to Vector. Trust me, consistency counts a lot in d game. I could dole out a whole lot of bars in one LP and run outta ideas. The reason why the likes of The KRS Ones, the Rakims, the Talibs have less accolades and bragging rights compared to the likes of Nas, PAC, Biggie and like it or not Jay Z. Quantity must never be swept aside on this one. As for quality, una no lie, de all got stuff to offer. Respect.
Re: Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion by lovely17(m): 10:10am On Sep 17, 2015
VECTOR BOSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion by IamforGod: 10:15am On Sep 17, 2015
Djicemob:
Dont get too worked up about the list,its my personal opinion and verdict as we all have our various preference and views towards these things.This is not a list of the greatest nigerian rappers or lyricist of all time or richest or even the most popular,it simply focus on recent times and appearance based on true lyricism and hiphop acclaim of the 2014/2015 year mark.

5.Chyn/mojeed
Finding a rapper to occupy the number 5spot wasnt a smooth ride,as a matter of fact it was even easier picking a no1 than the number 5 on this list.Reasons? Ok! Alot of rappers kept running through my mind,poe,tec,loose kaynon,sinzu,falz etc but i had to settle for the duo of chyn and mojeed as i couldn't pick either of the two,plus the simple reason i pick the two is not far from the fact that these two MCs have not been seriously compromised into the Nigerian cliche of gban gban di di(commercial junkz) and they have been keeping it real to a reasonable extent so far.Hey! Dont get me wrong,Tec is good but he is easily out-shined by his SDC colleague-Ghost,falz is a commercialized hiphop artiste in my opinion,and i have not really heard from poe lately.If you have not heard about these duo i suggest you hit google and you would not be disappointed.

4.Ghost
He is one half of the SDC duo but stands out as the lyrical power house of the group,his metaphors,punchlines,wordplay and story telling is quite remarkable,he literally killed a track on jesse jagz royal niger company album,a track titled the case.Ghost have been killing joints right before and after the jesse jagz album so you shouldn't be surprised ghost made the list.

3.Boogey
He could easily make number one on the list but for the fact that his presence has not been felt deep in the nigerian industry is a factor working against this talented lyricist,he is been slept on for too long in the industry that anytime his name is mentioned you might be almost forced to think he is a new comer.I guess his management needs to work harder or better still he should seek a better label to maximize his talent.

2.Vector
This man right here is king and he has proven it times and times without number,he has been compared with the greatest-talking about MI and even modenine himself,heck! He has been arguably rated above these nuccas in some quarters,only history would judge that so lets leave it at the middle.Vec was off the scene and he is back to take what is rightly his and he aint even joking about it,first of releasing a dope mixtape(A7) and then goin further to release the monster hit(Kingkong) with several remixes and covers to its credit and then goin even more further to cement his legacy as the rap king by breaking his own previously set record for rapping a lengthy 2hrs plus against his previous 1hr 30mins in one nonstop.He is good like that.Nuff said. #Respect

1.Jesse Jagz
He left chocolate city,released two albums and became naija's only true lyricist in the absence of the chairman MI,Vec and modenine,he took his only golden opportunity to get up there which is really impressive considering the fact that not not everybody could achieve that even with the backing of a strong record label,Jagz went on to improve his game,established his own record label and restored sanity to Rap as we have never seen.He did not only create a movement with his new sound,he created a nation on the strength of his two volume albums-Thy nations come which tilted towards the reggae/hiphop sound we love to love and the volume 2(The royal niger company) which was for core hiphop fans,sealing the deal of his status as number one on any rap list reviewing the 2014/2015 year period.No long stories,jesse jagz is the greatest for now,just maybe when MI finally drops his illegal music 3 mixtape or when modo bounces back or when vector keeps the pace the way he is goin we might be forced to think differently but for now i am forced to say its Jagz or nothing,no record has matched his royal niger company till this moment.Sadly jagz nation is no more but legacy of the work under the nation lives.

God bless ya'll for reading.
Cc:Lalasticlala

Pls phenom should be on that list!

Vector is better than Jesse jags to me, I know he's prud but he's actually good! And eva is nt a bad idea either she's good. Yoruba side seriki is good too.

Thanks
Re: Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion by dalyricist: 10:18am On Sep 17, 2015
Feranmicharles:
We're now in the era,where odd tinz (negativity) has become a thing of joy and being praised. Imagine me not knowing these lads angry and the OP said they're all endowed cry SMH

And how of them is as successful as olamide?

M. I was successful yet with quality rap, dope lyrics.
Ice prince same

So what exactly is ur point?

And which bisnz man dey sell werin no move for market?

Give the people wat dey want, it's about the people, not abt d bisnz man..
Re: Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion by shakurkings(m): 10:19am On Sep 17, 2015
What of vic o?
Re: Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion by Mjjordan(m): 10:26am On Sep 17, 2015
rap music died with the don killuminati....even the best of what we have now cannot stand his worst.... #fact
Re: Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion by HayZee06(m): 10:27am On Sep 17, 2015
nnamdiokere45:
baba den u neva hear God on d mic by jesse. vector gud.erigga is dope
I don hear am, its a nice rap song no doubt. but there are so many Vec song to recommend for u if u wanna knw wat rap music is all abt.
Jesse is a d.ope lyricist bt i think Vector is way far better lyricist than him. fan of both of dem tho.
Re: Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion by forkadict(m): 10:50am On Sep 17, 2015
@ OP,

So you rate top 5 lyricists for naija and you no put MI?

I dey laff.
Re: Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion by Djicemob: 10:59am On Sep 17, 2015
forkadict:
@ OP,

So you rate top 5 lyricists for naija and you no put MI?

I dey laff.
Who be MI? undecided
Re: Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion by Mars88(m): 11:01am On Sep 17, 2015
Djicemob:
Dont get too worked up about the list,its my personal opinion and verdict as we all have our various preference and views towards these things.This is not a list of the greatest nigerian rappers or lyricist of all time or richest or even the most popular,it simply focus on recent times and appearance based on true lyricism and hiphop acclaim of the 2014/2015 year mark.

5.Chyn/mojeed
Finding a rapper to occupy the number 5spot wasnt a smooth ride,as a matter of fact it was even easier picking a no1 than the number 5 on this list.Reasons? Ok! Alot of rappers kept running through my mind,poe,tec,loose kaynon,sinzu,falz etc but i had to settle for the duo of chyn and mojeed as i couldn't pick either of the two,plus the simple reason i pick the two is not far from the fact that these two MCs have not been seriously compromised into the Nigerian cliche of gban gban di di(commercial junkz) and they have been keeping it real to a reasonable extent so far.Hey! Dont get me wrong,Tec is good but he is easily out-shined by his SDC colleague-Ghost,falz is a commercialized hiphop artiste in my opinion,and i have not really heard from poe lately.If you have not heard about these duo i suggest you hit google and you would not be disappointed.

4.Ghost
He is one half of the SDC duo but stands out as the lyrical power house of the group,his metaphors,punchlines,wordplay and story telling is quite remarkable,he literally killed a track on jesse jagz royal niger company album,a track titled the case.Ghost have been killing joints right before and after the jesse jagz album so you shouldn't be surprised ghost made the list.

3.Boogey
He could easily make number one on the list but for the fact that his presence has not been felt deep in the nigerian industry is a factor working against this talented lyricist,he is been slept on for too long in the industry that anytime his name is mentioned you might be almost forced to think he is a new comer.I guess his management needs to work harder or better still he should seek a better label to maximize his talent.

2.Vector
This man right here is king and he has proven it times and times without number,he has been compared with the greatest-talking about MI and even modenine himself,heck! He has been arguably rated above these nuccas in some quarters,only history would judge that so lets leave it at the middle.Vec was off the scene and he is back to take what is rightly his and he aint even joking about it,first of releasing a dope mixtape(A7) and then goin further to release the monster hit(Kingkong) with several remixes and covers to its credit and then goin even more further to cement his legacy as the rap king by breaking his own previously set record for rapping a lengthy 2hrs plus against his previous 1hr 30mins in one nonstop.He is good like that.Nuff said. #Respect

1.Jesse Jagz
He left chocolate city,released two albums and became naija's only true lyricist in the absence of the chairman MI,Vec and modenine,he took his only golden opportunity to get up there which is really impressive considering the fact that not not everybody could achieve that even with the backing of a strong record label,Jagz went on to improve his game,established his own record label and restored sanity to Rap as we have never seen.He did not only create a movement with his new sound,he created a nation on the strength of his two volume albums-Thy nations come which tilted towards the reggae/hiphop sound we love to love and the volume 2(The royal niger company) which was for core hiphop fans,sealing the deal of his status as number one on any rap list reviewing the 2014/2015 year period.No long stories,jesse jagz is the greatest for now,just maybe when MI finally drops his illegal music 3 mixtape or when modo bounces back or when vector keeps the pace the way he is goin we might be forced to think differently but for now i am forced to say its Jagz or nothing,no record has matched his royal niger company till this moment.Sadly jagz nation is no more but legacy of the work under the nation lives.

God bless ya'll for reading.
Cc:Lalasticlala

Where is Stoute Louis, Sun Sedek, Paybac? should I keep going? Boogey is Alright though
Re: Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion by lakesidepapa(m): 11:22am On Sep 17, 2015
Ain't anybody here knw Hotyce, the guy is an excellent rapper
Re: Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion by fresherdanU: 11:27am On Sep 17, 2015
Jesse jagz @ number 1. wtf?. Guy you sleeping?.

don't know abt the rest, but vector is the man. I don't like rap music but I am glued to Vector, anyday anytime.
Re: Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion by thecardinal(m): 11:30am On Sep 17, 2015
OP, well done. I 'll listen more closely to these guys. An enlightening piece. Cheers
Re: Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion by thecardinal(m): 11:31am On Sep 17, 2015
Does anybody here know Maytronomy?
Re: Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion by AlphaDibia(m): 11:47am On Sep 17, 2015
The only name I recognized was Jesse Jagz. The music industry is a revolving door of people who come and go that I have lost track.
Re: Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion by forkadict(m): 12:10pm On Sep 17, 2015
Djicemob:
Who be MI? undecided

Oh! so na all these abe igi rappers wey una dey mention be rappers

I dey laff
Re: Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion by Caseless: 12:17pm On Sep 17, 2015
GIYAZZ:
YES
ah ahn ...you fall my hand ooo.
Re: Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion by 2dice(m): 12:32pm On Sep 17, 2015
rasojie:
OP if to say i no see jesse jagz for there, I for break your head! cheesy
Its just that we do not appreciate good music in Nigeria,
Jesse Jagz Versatility Stands him out
He is able to do dancehall, reggae and hiphop at the same time
3rd World war, God on the mic and mama Sativa is my best, Who knows of this track 'kpako' Where he totally murdered ICE and MI

Jargo!!!!
Kpako chaii.. Still listen to tha Jam diss morning
Jago killed everybody grin

1 Like

Re: Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion by Emperortj93(m): 12:32pm On Sep 17, 2015
Sorry op i didn't actually read all the stuff u put up their, i just skip to the the number 1 and will tell u that u are spot on. I recommend the following track For those doubting the lyrical prowess of king Jesse Jagz

GREATEST

BURNING BUSH

BED OF ROSES

DESIRE

MAMACITA

GOD ON THE MIC

INTERNATIONAL

PEDAL TO THE FLOOR

SELASSIE

HIGH-LIFE

SUNSHINE

THE CASE ft sdc

THE WINDOW

2 Likes

Re: Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion by Nobody: 12:35pm On Sep 17, 2015
2dice:
Kpako chaii.. Still listen to tha Jam diss morning
Jago killed everybody grin

grin even MI self dey respect the guy.. he knows Jargo is way better than he is
Re: Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion by 2dice(m): 12:44pm On Sep 17, 2015
rasojie:

grin even MI self dey respect the guy.. he knows Jargo is way better than he is
No Jesse is not better...
Everything is Time/bring ur A-Game
remember.
Nobody Test me
M.I killed while Ice came 2nd
Represent
M.i slaughtered ...ice came 2nd
Kpako
Jesse massacred ...ice came 2n
Musik is Time... When u get your mojo you gonna Murder even your Boss ...
Have u listen to Monster by Kanyewest
Well Nicki killed Jay-z ...Yeezy and Roszay
not that she is the Best Put she Brought her A-Game

1 Like

Re: Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion by Djicemob: 12:50pm On Sep 17, 2015
2dice:
No Jesse is not better...
Everything is Time/bring ur A-Game
remember.
Nobody Test me
M.I killed while Ice came 2nd
Represent
M.i slaughtered ...ice came 2nd
Kpako
Jesse massacred ...ice came 2n
Musik is Time... When u get your mojo you gonna Murder even your Boss ...
Have u listen to Monster by Kanyewest
Well Nicki killed Jay-z ...Yeezy and Roszay
not that she is the Best Put she Brought her A-Game
Is iceprince a rapper? With ABCD predictable rhymes
Re: Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion by Porthable(m): 12:51pm On Sep 17, 2015
Why is Seriki, Olamide, Phyno and dem other guys are not on the list? ;DWhy is Seriki, Olamide, Phyno and dem other guys are not on the list? #TeamJessJagz

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Immaculate Feat. Thin Tall Tony – "Love Affair" (Video) / Chris Brown - Undecided / Oya Dab Is Not A Cult Slang, Here Is The Real Meaning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.