Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,855 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

How Technical Consultants Advised Amaechi Against Monorail Project After Collect - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Technical Consultants Advised Amaechi Against Monorail Project After Collect (24809 Views)

Osinbajo Commissions Calabar Monorail (Photos) / Dakuku, Semenitari, Amaechi Against Supporters Of PDP At Mile 1 Police Station / Consultants Advised Amaechi Against Monorail Project After Collecting N22bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Technical Consultants Advised Amaechi Against Monorail Project After Collect by passionate88: 7:46am On Aug 30, 2015
c33b33:

Rumuokwurusi, Obio/Akpor, Rivers state

IPOB Youth
Then you are talking about the eneka road.
Re: How Technical Consultants Advised Amaechi Against Monorail Project After Collect by c33b33(m): 7:51am On Aug 30, 2015
passionate88:
Then you are talking about the eneka road.

Which Eneka road? The project (paved road and street light) is inside rumuokwurusi.

Igwuruta-Eneka-Elimgbu-rumuokwurusi road is the state government project. I am talking about Intels project for its host community.

IPOB Youth
Re: How Technical Consultants Advised Amaechi Against Monorail Project After Collect by drshrewd: 7:52am On Aug 30, 2015
ijekul:

As the Judicial Commission of Inquiry set up by the Rivers State Government to probe the sale of valued assets of the state and other matters continued its sitting on Friday, the technical consultant to the state on the monorail project, Arcus Gibbs revealed that  he advised former Governor Chibuike Amaechi against continuing with the project.

Managing Director of Arcus Gibbs Nig Ltd, Wiero Viguezang, however said his company gave the advice only after collecting N22.9bn from the Rivers State Government since its services were enlisted in March 1, 2010.

Viguezang spoke when he appeared before the commission to explain the role played by his company in the monorail project being probed by the commission.

While being cross-examined by counsel to the commission, Dr. Zaccheus Adangor, Viguezang, stated that the monorail project was no longer tenable considering the shortfall in the state’s revenue and the inability of its original technical and equity partners, TSI Nig Ltd, headed by the former military administrator of Rivers State, Brig-Gen Anthony Ukpo (Rtd.), to fulfil its obligations to contribute 80 per cent of its equity holdings.

He disclosed that the state owes his company N1.1bn for its services.
He also said the company had in a letter to the Rivers State through the ministry of transport, in April, made a six-point recommendation to the Rivers State on how to unbundle the monorail project in such a way that the state government can salvage some financial benefits out of the N33.9bn so far invested in the project. The monorail project was originally estimated to cost about Euros2250m.

The technical partner had in its sixth point of recommendation suggested to the Rivers State Government to unbundle the monorail project and approach the manufacturers of the mechanical components and rail tracks in Germany and exploit the possibility of reselling components at a lower price to the manufacturers.

He said the company also advised the state government to consider the option of using the monorail facilities for other commercially viable purposes, mentioning the spaces between pillars and surrounding areas of the monorail project, stressing that the area between Azikiwe Road and the UTC axis could be put into very fruitful commercial purpose.
Viguezang also told the commission that his company and the state government had planned to unveil the monorail project last April specifically to mislead the people of Rivers State into thinking that the project, which has gulped N33.9bn, was still on course.

He admitted that his company wrote a memo to the commissioner for transport to arrange the unveiling of the project essentially for media coverage since the project was “technically uncompleted”. 

According to Viguezang, “We actually wrote to the ministry of transport in January, to arrange for the governor to unveil the monorail project in April for the attention and coverage of the media based on the expectation of the people of the state.”

When asked to clarify if the unveiling was to deceive the people of Rivers State into believing that the controversial monorail project was ready, Viguezang admitted; “It was to deceive the people into believing that the monorail project was at last ready”.

The managing director, however, stressed that “apart from the media coverage and public attention that it is expected to generate, the monorail was not technically and commercially ready. Only phase 1a within phase 1 of the project was ready. So, there was no way the public would have been able to use the monorail as at April when we asked the ministry of transport to unveil the project to the media”.

Viguezang admitted that the Rivers State government enlisted services of Arcus Gibbs at the cost of N600 million from March 1, 2010 to December 1, 2010, after the memorandum of understanding (MoU) with TSI collapsed because TSI could not raise revenue to fulfil the payment of its 80 per cent equity share capital.

He stated that part of its role as the technical service provider to the Rivers State government concerning the monorail project was to evaluate and assess the activities of TSI and give an independent opinion to the Rivers State government.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/how-technical-consultants-advised-amaechi-against-monorail-project-after-collecting-n22bn/218811/

[b] grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin hahahahahahahahahaahahgrin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin hohohhohohohho
PDP sucks at propaganda. very unintelligent at mopping out constructive propaganda. very ebeleic grin in their approach. the caption said N22.9b but what is seen in the story is N600M grin what an ebeleic propaganda!
by the way where did they get the info that the project was scheduled to cost 2250m euro which is over N600b grin was that a typo or the usual clueless/ebeleic propaganda.
Thisday news paper is a well respected national dailies in Nigeria but in recent times they are pulling all the stops to soil their hard earned reputation because of Rivers politics which is very unfortunate. But again, who wouldn't want to get the share of the N50b naira larges set aside by the Rivers State government to sponsor media propaganda against the award winning ex Rivers governor.
well we are not telling them not to eatooo grin but next time they should try and do a decent job wink
[/b]

2 Likes

Re: How Technical Consultants Advised Amaechi Against Monorail Project After Collect by passionate88: 7:56am On Aug 30, 2015
c33b33:

Which Eneka road? The project (paved road and street light) is inside rumuokwurusi.

Igwuruta-Eneka-Elimgbu-rumuokwurusi road is the state government project. I am talking about Intels project for its host community.

IPOB Youth
na wa o. And Rumuokwurusi youth couldn't do anything about it? .
Re: How Technical Consultants Advised Amaechi Against Monorail Project After Collect by chukkiephil(m): 7:56am On Aug 30, 2015
Ameachi left to carry his cross alone grin grin on his way to calvary(kirikiri) grin grin safe journey bro tongue tongue

Re: How Technical Consultants Advised Amaechi Against Monorail Project After Collect by c33b33(m): 8:02am On Aug 30, 2015
passionate88:
na wa o. And Rumuokwurusi youth couldn't do anything about it? .

Their Youth President assisted in the commissioning lol. That's what multinationals engage in,in their host communities. Turning a blind eye in supervising a project that will serve a very good purpose.

That project is a very good one that would have changed the entire face of that clan but money has gone round and only some parts were made nice.

IPOB Youth
Re: How Technical Consultants Advised Amaechi Against Monorail Project After Collect by Spidermon: 10:32am On Aug 30, 2015
Amaechi holla at me. I can get you a mask and a gun so you can fully exploit your talent
Re: How Technical Consultants Advised Amaechi Against Monorail Project After Collect by KayB: 11:14am On Aug 30, 2015
If you agreed that all our Nigerian political elites are same then Amaechi is not different from Wike himself, they are both guilty of the atrocity afterall they once served each other until recently. The probe is a gallery to garner sympathy from public especially gullible nairalanders who see issues only on the surface but are the most affected. Nothing will happen to the Technical adviser at the end because he is being asked to play a script to safe his head. I pity Nigeria's future in hand of the youths who fall easily on sentiments
Re: How Technical Consultants Advised Amaechi Against Monorail Project After Collect by atlwireles: 12:39pm On Aug 30, 2015
drshrewd:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin hahahahahahahahahaahahgrin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin hohohhohohohho
PDP sucks at propaganda. very unintelligent at mopping out constructive propaganda. very ebeleic grin in their approach. the caption said N22.9b but what is seen in the story is N600M grin what an ebeleic propaganda!
[b]by the way where did they get the info that the project was scheduled to cost 2250m euro which is over N600b grin was that a typo or the usual clueless/ebeleic propaganda.

Thisday news paper is a well respected national dailies in Nigeria but in recent times they are pulling all the stops to soil their hard earned reputation because of Rivers politics which is very unfortunate. But again, who wouldn't want to get the share of the N50b naira larges set aside by the Rivers State government to sponsor media propaganda against the award winning ex Rivers governor.
well we are not telling them not to eatooo grin but next time they should try and do a decent job wink [/b]

So 225M Euro is over N600B? Where in the article did you find this story? Your attempt to undercut this story has left you pissing all over yourself lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: How Technical Consultants Advised Amaechi Against Monorail Project After Collect by dafuturis(m): 1:19pm On Aug 30, 2015
Ifyjuli25:
First page things...

No comments.
So, what's your use to us on FP??
Re: How Technical Consultants Advised Amaechi Against Monorail Project After Collect by Demdem(m): 4:33pm On Aug 30, 2015
homesteady:
I'm waiting to read Demdem comment!

This was my comment more than a year ago when the best Rivers state Governor was still in charge and still remain my comment till date. what else do u want?

Demdem:
I never supported this monorail from day 1. Now that Amaechi has left the killer party when he commenced this waste, it won't still make me support it.
Is part of his few bad decisions.

https://www.nairaland.com/1823809/test-run-port-harcourt-mono
Re: How Technical Consultants Advised Amaechi Against Monorail Project After Collect by Demdem(m): 4:36pm On Aug 30, 2015
kaycid77:

When I said it here that Amaechi has already spent 150 billion Naira, each pillar of the mono rail cost 100 millions Naira to construct, if tribunal and buhari give back this state to Amaechi then IPOB will set Nigeria on fire

DemDem where are u....you and ur master are criminals

Fool u lied. even in the kangaroo panel, no such sum was said to have been spent. U and ur cohorts who are liars are the criminals
Re: How Technical Consultants Advised Amaechi Against Monorail Project After Collect by drshrewd: 4:36pm On Aug 30, 2015
atlwireles:

So 225M Euro is over N600B? Where in the article did you find this story? Your attempt to undercut this story has left you pissing all over yourself lipsrsealed

is your type that watches television from the back. what is written in the article is 2250m euros and that translates to euro 2.25b. it seems you have problems with figures undecided by the way, the main issue here is the lie in the caption of this news insinuating that the poor tech. consultant took N22.9b whereas in the article we saw N600M cheesy so what have you to say about this grin
Re: How Technical Consultants Advised Amaechi Against Monorail Project After Collect by Demdem(m): 4:38pm On Aug 30, 2015
anonimi:

Demdem
I understand he saw the thread and fainted. Some guys are trying to resuscitate him as I type cheesy cheesy

Fool, is that the way ur seeds are destined to be fainting left right center?
Re: How Technical Consultants Advised Amaechi Against Monorail Project After Collect by Demdem(m): 4:39pm On Aug 30, 2015
staymore:

Am also looking for that same demdem, let me know if you see him.

Fool, am here. may not reply u eediocy immediately though
Re: How Technical Consultants Advised Amaechi Against Monorail Project After Collect by drshrewd: 4:43pm On Aug 30, 2015
Demdem:

Fool, is that the way ur seeds are destined to be fainting left right center?

you needn't waist your precious energy on these impressionable kids that are easily swayed by petty and unconstructive propaganda. reread the article very well and have a laugh at the ebeleic propaganda smiley

1 Like

Re: How Technical Consultants Advised Amaechi Against Monorail Project After Collect by Demdem(m): 4:44pm On Aug 30, 2015
175:
Demdem d biggest FOOOOOOOL on NairaLand, come and defend your master. Slave like you. . .Oru. Mumu, mugu.
If na to curse GEJ nowwww, u go open dat ur smelling gutter of a mouth and blast! Hypocrite!

Fool, the below was the response i gave u more than a year ago when u brought up this same thrash but because u are cursed and cant be healed i know it will never make sense to u

Demdem:

Fool, because jona-daft gets one or two policies right doesn't suggest he isn't daft. He has always been since his governorship days in Bayelsa. The truth is we are taking more steps backwards than forward which means cumulatively the fool is failing.
I praised jona-daft cassava bread policy but the fool went ahead to eat a billion naira worth of food in that financial year. Why wouldn't I knock him?
There is a huge difference between both of us and I don't fancy ur pitiable state.
While u praised jona-daft no matter what even if the drunkard ffucks u up, I praised (which is limited becos of limited good from him anyway) and knocks as deem fit.

Re: How Technical Consultants Advised Amaechi Against Monorail Project After Collect by Demdem(m): 4:47pm On Aug 30, 2015
Forwetinnah:

Wish I could give you a trillion likes. That joke of a person is a gutter case

Fool, u are irredeemably foolish.
Re: How Technical Consultants Advised Amaechi Against Monorail Project After Collect by Demdem(m): 4:50pm On Aug 30, 2015
Forwetinnah:

grin
Everyone seems to be waiting for Demdem

Fool, u dont have to. This was my position more than a year ago and still remain my position. Knock ursef out fool.

Demdem:
I never supported this monorail from day 1. Now that Amaechi has left the killer party when he commenced this waste, it won't still make me support it.
Is part of his few bad decisions.

Re: How Technical Consultants Advised Amaechi Against Monorail Project After Collect by Demdem(m): 4:52pm On Aug 30, 2015
Truckpusher:
Of course you're right .

It is a distance that we usually trek to save money for ourselves as teenagers .

I have personally promised myself that any day I catch that demdem in port harcourt I'll personally use my hand and kill that wasted spermatozoa.
Amaechi stole us blind .

grin grin grin grin

Drugpusher, the day u see me will be the day u will bow down before me and kiss my toes. Hopeless eediot.
Re: How Technical Consultants Advised Amaechi Against Monorail Project After Collect by Demdem(m): 4:55pm On Aug 30, 2015
drshrewd:

[b] grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin hahahahahahahahahaahahgrin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin hohohhohohohho
by the way where did they get the info that the project was scheduled to cost 2250m euro which is over N600b grin was that a typo or the usual clueless/ebeleic propaganda.
well we are not telling them not to eatooo grin but next time they should try and do a decent job wink
[/b]

Thisday is Nduka Paper. Nduka is an apologetical killer member that needs propaganda money to sustain his business empire. far more lies were embedded in the report than the truth. Shame !!!
Re: How Technical Consultants Advised Amaechi Against Monorail Project After Collect by staymore: 4:59pm On Aug 30, 2015
Demdem:

Fool, am here. may not reply u eediocy immediately though

Here comes the bastard demdem
Where have you been to defend your master

3 Likes

Re: How Technical Consultants Advised Amaechi Against Monorail Project After Collect by Demdem(m): 5:00pm On Aug 30, 2015
drshrewd:

you needn't waist your precious energy on these impressionable kids that are easily swayed by petty and unconstructive propaganda. reread the article very well and have a laugh at the ebeleic propaganda smiley

Nduka will die a shameless death. Just mark this day.
Re: How Technical Consultants Advised Amaechi Against Monorail Project After Collect by Demdem(m): 5:02pm On Aug 30, 2015
staymore:

Here comes the bastard demdem
Where have you been to defend your master

fool, defend wettin? tell me please, how ,much was revealed to have gone into Amaechis Bank account. If u cant then it means that u and ur entire lineage are foolish.
Re: How Technical Consultants Advised Amaechi Against Monorail Project After Collect by staymore: 5:03pm On Aug 30, 2015
Demdem:

fool, defend wettin? tell me please, how ,much was revealed to have gone into Amaechis Bank account. If u cant then it means that u and ur entire lineage are foolish.

Slave

1 Like

Re: How Technical Consultants Advised Amaechi Against Monorail Project After Collect by Demdem(m): 5:04pm On Aug 30, 2015
staymore:

Slave

ur papa
Re: How Technical Consultants Advised Amaechi Against Monorail Project After Collect by Demdem(m): 5:16pm On Aug 30, 2015
staymore:

Slave

Thunder fire u bastard, why u dey follow me?
Re: How Technical Consultants Advised Amaechi Against Monorail Project After Collect by staymore: 5:21pm On Aug 30, 2015
Demdem:

slave

Keep toiling

1 Like

Re: How Technical Consultants Advised Amaechi Against Monorail Project After Collect by Demdem(m): 5:22pm On Aug 30, 2015
staymore:

slave

Keep toiling

Demdem:

Re: How Technical Consultants Advised Amaechi Against Monorail Project After Collect by staymore: 5:24pm On Aug 30, 2015
Demdem:

Your downfall is certain
that's why am following you to witness your toiling and sweating

Slave

1 Like

Re: How Technical Consultants Advised Amaechi Against Monorail Project After Collect by staymore: 5:25pm On Aug 30, 2015
Demdem:

demdem is a slave

1 Like

Re: How Technical Consultants Advised Amaechi Against Monorail Project After Collect by Demdem(m): 5:26pm On Aug 30, 2015
staymore:

Your downfall is certain
that's why am following you to witness your toiling and sweating

Slave

bastard, him on the path of Truth fears no downfall. may lose one or to battles but the eventual war is his to savour.
U and ur shameless kind on WIkes camp will surely experience the downfall. Just like i won the eventual war on Jonah-daft the world acclaimed fool, wike is a small fish. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

N4.7bn Arms Funds Traced To Obanikoro, Fayose —EFCC / We Want Atiku Probed For Going To Dubai – APC / Nigeria Belongs To All Of Us, Our Diversity Is An Asset - President Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.