Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,999 members, 7,817,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Bimbo Ayelabola Gives Birth To Quintuplets In London, Gets Let Off £145k Bill - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Bimbo Ayelabola Gives Birth To Quintuplets In London, Gets Let Off £145k Bill (53169 Views)

Couple Who Welcomed 1ST Quintuplets In Cross River Celebrate Their Birthday.PICS / Unemployed Man Welcomes Quintuplets In Abuja (Photos) / Woman Gives Birth To Quintuplets In Ibadan(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bimbo Ayelabola Gives Birth To Quintuplets In London, Gets Let Off £145k Bill by mutter(f): 11:05am On Aug 31, 2015
Really?

So no other expectant mother has been successfully delivered of multiple births in Nigeria? They all died or what?

So how many such cases have we had in Nigeria. Even in Europe it is something special.

It's irresponsible to request a service you KNOW you CAN'T and / or WON'T pay for. Should I waltz into the Ritz, expect premium service dinner and not pay for it because I was hungry? What sort of skewered analysis is this? Or should I fly 1st class because I desperately need to get to my destination and not pay up?

Every day all over the world people are buying and making use of services they cannot pay for. From buying houses to electricity bill. So why are you getting worked up by this case. It really is not left for us to comment that she could eventually not pay. Being unable to pay is not a criminal offense. Would you care a damn if she had delivered in Nigeria and did not pay?

And who exactly voted for these politicians in power?? The Brits? The British government? Or the NHS??

Now it would be naive not to acknowledge the influence of the western powers in the choice of leaders. Do you think that it is the voters alone that determines who gets on the seat.
The question is who messed Nigeria up.

Let me make one thing very clear to you. Since Nigeria was a colony, all Nigerians should have been offered a British passport. When Nigeria got independence they scammed Nigerians out of it. Go to countries like Togo, you would find that many of them applied and got french passports.

Mutter, do you pay a penny in taxes to the British government? Why don't you tell this to the millions of hardworking-tax-paying Brits that this isn't an issue? The NHS IS NOT A CHARITY ORGANISATION! It's built off the sweat of hardworking TAXPAYERS!

The truth be told if I lived in Britain and worked there I would have sued them to heaven before I pay tax. Why should I pay tax to my colonial master? They ought to pay us for the damages caused. Infact no Nigerian should pay tax to the British Government, they should all be exempted from paying tax. That is justice.
Besides what about people that don`t work in Britain, don´t they get medicare? They don`t pay tax!! Who pays that? The Government. SO the NHS is also indirectly a charitable institution. From each according to how he can.

Sure, "well meaning Nigerians". That's what you get when people refuse to cut their coats according to their size, choose to breed like rabbits, and then come on the media soliciting for help from "well meaning Nigerians" and the World Health Organization. So why didn't she stay behind in Nigeria knowing fully well that her people - a.k.a "well meaning Nigerians" would definitely come to her aid??

I guess one woman being blessed by God is enough reason to justify you insulting a whole nation. Breeding like rabbits! I hope you are not a Nigerian because if you were you are a very sorry one- a mental slave!!!

So why can't your Nigerian government, with all her vast wealth, emulate a health care system that works for her people? Rather than churn out iidiots at the helm, and scammers at the grassroots?

You are right there. Because Nigeria as a country was not able to scam other nations that is why some Nigerians have to carry on the fight individually. Please occupy yourself with the exploitation of the British Government spread all over the world. Still continues till today. Do you know the amount of money involved. .. Please go back and do your homework. Britain has taken a whole chunk of the Nigerian cake and is complaining about some individuals picking up some crumbs! Get real!

The British government / NHS should review this case, draft up "Lessons Learnt" and plug in any loop holes to prevent this woman and her supporters from taking advantage of a system they didn't contribute a penny towards.

What nonsense!

Are you aware of what Nigerians contribute to the NHS. And are you aware of how many Nigerians are working in Britain in Medicare. Many under hard conditions and exploited.
Besides i hope you are aware about the ethics of the profession- medi care is also a humanitarian act.

The only nonsence I see is that Nigerian`s are made to apply for visa before going to Britain. This is wrong and the world says nothing to that.
Re: Bimbo Ayelabola Gives Birth To Quintuplets In London, Gets Let Off £145k Bill by mutter(f): 11:43am On Aug 31, 2015
tearoses:
I am surprised at some of the comments here . .
Some people are supporting this woman
Then we blame our leaders
Who are the people before they become leaders? is it not me and you?

Agreed the bill is huge and very few people can pay this . . . . however did she bother to negotiate with the hospital? Did she ask for help? did she agree a payment plan with them . . . .?

No she just legged it . . .typical Nigerian behaviour.
Always having a false sense of entitlement and thinking that they are smart.

If the NHS had refused to treat her without payment upfront like many Nigerian Hospitals, we would accuse them of murder. Meanwhile british taxpayers are paying a minumum of 20% of their salarys to keep this same NHS going.

Wrong information. Anyone paying into NHS is paying for services that might/ will be rendered to him and it certainly is not 20%.
Please speak for yourself when analysing what is typical of nigerian behaviour.

You know what your problem is. The problem you unfortunately have with some people in common.

You feel you are inferior to the white man!
Go rid yourself of that mentality.

No self esteem!!
Re: Bimbo Ayelabola Gives Birth To Quintuplets In London, Gets Let Off £145k Bill by Nobody: 11:55am On Aug 31, 2015
mutter:

Wrong information. Anyone paying into NHS is paying for services that might/ will be rendered to him and it certainly is not 20%.
Please speak for yourself when analysing what is typical of nigerian behaviour.

You know what your problem is. The problem you unfortunately have with some people in common.

You feel you are inferior to the white man!
Go rid yourself of that mentality.

No self esteem!!

What are you talking about?
Inferior?
speak for myself? undecided

How is the NHS funded? taxes & National insurance not so?
Do I not pay tax and national insurance?
I indirectly paid some of that bill
What percentage of tax does the average person pay?
Do you live in the UK
You should be the one ridding yourself of any mentality whatever it is angry
We are saying someone did something wrong and you are supporting her
Would it have been okay if she had walked into a bank with a gun and robbed 145K?
Are there any victimless crimes?

For the record the NHS is struggling. Hospitals are being shut down, shortage of staff and long waits. People who cant afford to go privater are waiting months for appointments and operations.
An average A&E wait is 4 hours.
Dont tell me about history and what the british govt stole
We are talking of today!
2 wrongs dont make a right either

6 Likes

Re: Bimbo Ayelabola Gives Birth To Quintuplets In London, Gets Let Off £145k Bill by Nobody: 12:08pm On Aug 31, 2015
Generally speaking tax starts at 20%
Who earns under £5,000?

1 Like

Re: Bimbo Ayelabola Gives Birth To Quintuplets In London, Gets Let Off £145k Bill by mutter(f): 12:15pm On Aug 31, 2015
tearoses:

What are you talking about?
Inferior?
speak for myself?

How is the NHS funded? taxes & National insurance not so?
Do I not pay tax and national insurance?
I indirectly paid that bill
What percentage of tax does the average person pay?
Do you live in the UK
You should rid yourself of any mentality whatever it is angry

There is a difference between insurance and tax you did not differentiate.
There is a difference between tax and health insurance. In some countries you pay almost 50 % Tax if you are single.

As a Nigerian working in Britain.. how many white people does your taxy money support? Their accommodation, feeding , health. Many of them don`t want to work. Many of them need expensive medi care because of the impacts of drug and alcohol abuse. Why don`t you complain about that.
How much of your tax payers money is used to finance the queen . How much is used for weapons?
Instead of asking the right questions you are here crying out your eyes about a responsible Nigerian woman that gave birth to five children.
Besides this woman was not taking an advantage of any health insurance.
She had a private contract between herself and the hospital. She defaulted in payment. A civil case. Not a case for the nation.!!!

The only mentality I have is that I see a bunch of Nigerians that have lost all pride in their origin.
But one day very soon you will realize that there are house and field naggers but a naggers is a nagger for the white man.

As you are busy pointing fingers at Nigerians back home, so are they pointing fingers at you over there.

Finally it is not a thing of pride to be paying tax to former colonial masters! Sigh!!!
Re: Bimbo Ayelabola Gives Birth To Quintuplets In London, Gets Let Off £145k Bill by Nobody: 12:17pm On Aug 31, 2015
I laugh oh

Someone here actually thinks people payless that 20% for tax. Some pay upto 40% sef.

Tax is graded in the Uk so unless you earn like 8000 a year that's when tax is less 20.

I still don't get why she was not asked to pay.

Nhs is struggling over worked and shortstaffed underfunded. Doctor's are leaving the UK cos the pay is not fantastic and hours are more.

As much as daily mail is prejudiced they do have a point. You cant enter the US for health reasons and NOT pay.

Britain is a small island it will crumble under this weight of EU equality and crappy enforcement

5 Likes

Re: Bimbo Ayelabola Gives Birth To Quintuplets In London, Gets Let Off £145k Bill by Nobody: 12:21pm On Aug 31, 2015
mutter:

There is a difference between tax and health insurance. In some countries you pay almost 50 % Tax if you are single.

As a Nigerian working in Britain.. how many white people does your taxy money support? Their accommodation, feeding , health. Many of them don`t want to work. Many of them need expensive medi care because of the impacts of drug and alcohol abuse. Why don`t you complain about that.
How much of your tax payers money is used to finance the queen . How much is used for weapons?
Instead of asking the right questions you are here crying out your eyes about a responsible Nigerian woman that gave birth to five children.
She had a private contract between herself and the hospital. She defaulted in payment. A civil case. Not a case for the nation.!!!

The only mentality I have is that I see a bunch of Nigerians that have lost all pride in their origin.
But one day very soon you will realize that there are house and field naggers but a naggers is a nagger for the white man.

As you are busy pointing fingers at Nigerians back home, so are they pointing fingers at you over there.

Finally it is not a thing of pride to be paying tax to former colonial masters! Sigh!!!

All you typed up there is a wrong argument for anotherr day
Lets not derail

So back to this woman
This woman knew that as a visitor she would need to pay for the service that she was taking . . .NOT SO?
Was the bill a surprise?
Did her visa not clearly say NO RECOURSE TO PUBLIC FUNDS?

I thought you were a lawyer and therefore uphold the law and are on the side of truth.
Is what she did right?
Is what she did legal?
I am only asking o!

BTW National insurance and tax is taken from wages at source. No choice in the matter
If you are self employed you fill in a tax return every year & you pay your tax
The tax man is one estabishment you dont want to mess around with.

2 Likes

Re: Bimbo Ayelabola Gives Birth To Quintuplets In London, Gets Let Off £145k Bill by Nobody: 12:26pm On Aug 31, 2015
salsera:
I laugh oh

Someone here actually thinks people payless that 20% for tax. Some pay upto 40% sef.

Tax is graded in the Uk so unless you earn like 8000 a year that's when tax is less 20.

Nhs is struggling over worked and shortstaffed underfunded. Doctor's are leaving the UK cos the pay is not fantastic and hours are more.

As much as daily mail is prejudiced they do have a point. You cant enter the US for health reasons and NOT pay.

Britain is a small island it will crumble under this weight of EU equality and crappy enforcement

Thank you
Thats why I put the tax bands up so that people can see
Poeple are dying everyday from cancers not being diagnosed in time due to waitng times on the NHS
Anyone who loves themselves and can afford it has private medical insurance.

2 Likes

Re: Bimbo Ayelabola Gives Birth To Quintuplets In London, Gets Let Off £145k Bill by mutter(f): 12:35pm On Aug 31, 2015
tearoses:

All you typed up there is a wrong argument for anotherr day
Lets not derail

So back to this woman
This woman knew that as a visitor she would need to pay for the service that she was taking . . .NOT SO?
Was the bill a surprise?
Did her visa not clearly say NO RECOURSE TO PUBLIC FUNDS?

I thought you were a lawyer and therefore uphold the law and are on the side of truth.
Is what she did right?
Is what she did legal?
I am only asking o!

So as a lawyer I know that this is a civil contract. An issue between two contracting parties.
Has nothing to do with the NHS nor with your tax payers money.

The right thing for the hospital to do is to sue her for money owed. The court will determine how much she can pay back in installments.
Since when do we slander people and splash them all over the newspaper because they owe money?

For me her privacy and that of the five kid`s and their dignity is more important.
For God`s sake someone is owing a debt and you splash her pictures all over the world. Do you know the impact on those innocent kid`s. Their identity being circulated? Do you know that that could even be endangering them. They could become targets of some fanatics or racist. Where those pictures of her circulated or taken with her consent?

So what exactly are you up to here ! Is the fundamental human right of individuals worth nothing again?
They owe a system and so you have a right to trample on their rights.
As if we don`t know that institutions are insured and can write of debts.
Re: Bimbo Ayelabola Gives Birth To Quintuplets In London, Gets Let Off £145k Bill by Nobody: 12:38pm On Aug 31, 2015
mutter:

So as a lawyer I know that this is a civil contract. An issue between two contracting parties.
Has nothing to do with the NHS nor with your tax payers money.

The right thing for the hospital to do is to sue her for money owed. The court will determine how much she can pay back in installments.
Since when do we slander people and splash them all over the newspaper because they owe money?

For me her privacy and that of the five kid`s and their dignity is more important.
For God`s sake someone is owing a debt and you splash her pictures all over the world. Do you know the impact on those innocent kid`s. Their identity being circulated? Do you know that that could even be endangering them. They could become targets of some fanatics or racist. Where those pictures of her circulated or taken with her consent?

So what exactly are you up to here ! Is the fundamental human right of individuals worth nothing again?
They owe a system and so you have a right to trample on their rights.
As if we don`t know that institutions are insured and can write of debts.

Okay you can take up her case then since she has been slandered.
The only thing I agree with you is the pictures of the children that were taken
They have done no wrong and are innocent in all this.

This however was not the initial basis of your argument.
You are on her side
Like its right for people to take what is not theirs.

1 Like

Re: Bimbo Ayelabola Gives Birth To Quintuplets In London, Gets Let Off £145k Bill by mutter(f): 12:42pm On Aug 31, 2015
salsera:
I laugh oh

Please get your facts straight. I know very well that single people could pay up to 50 % Tax . I just pointed out and correctly too that there is a difference between tax and health insurance.

Some of you probably don`t look at your payslips. Not everything beeing withdrawn is tax. There is a break down. Pensions, health insurance, church taxes and and and, depending on the country you live in.
In a forum like this where people from all over the world participate it is good to be precise.

So next time before you comment be sure you are hitting the nail on the head.
Re: Bimbo Ayelabola Gives Birth To Quintuplets In London, Gets Let Off £145k Bill by EfemenaXY: 12:42pm On Aug 31, 2015
tearoses:
I am surprised at some of the comments here . .
Some people are supporting this woman
Then we blame our leaders
Who are the people before they become leaders? is it not me and you?

Agreed the bill is huge and very few people can pay this . . . . however did she bother to negotiate with the hospital? Did she ask for help? did she agree a payment plan with them . . . .?

No she just legged it . . .typical Nigerian behaviour.
Always having a false sense of entitlement and thinking that they are smart.

If the NHS had refused to treat her without payment upfront like many Nigerian Hospitals, we would accuse them of murder. Meanwhile british taxpayers are paying a minumum of 20% of their salarys to keep this same NHS going.

20% ke?

Tearoses, some of us pay 40%. You need to see how much my eyes watered last week when I saw how much was deducted from me for Tax and NI contributions! And to think I'm paying for tw@ts like her??!! angry angry angry

Then some people who don't know Jack about how the system works expects us to pat her on the back for breeding like a rabbit? It's even in the news that she took the fertility pill in excess - beyond the recommend dose:

The multiple births are likely to be a result of double doses of fertility drug Clomid, which she took for eight times longer than recommended after buying the pills over the counter in Lagos.

And it gets even more interesting...

"Miss Ayelabola has since returned to her home city of Lagos, where she is a successful make-up artist who drives a £17,000 car.

Miss Ayelabola runs a successful make-up business at the Elderberry Salon in east Lagos. Her two boys, Tayseel and Samir, and three girls, Aqeelah, Binish and Zara, attend a respected private school nearby. Fees are at least £8,000 a year for the five of them.
She is thought to live alone with them and when they are not in school, she takes them with her to work. She charges £40 per hour for a full face of make-up and advertises through her Instagram account, called ‘Otse Beauty’. On the account she posts photographs of herself and others in dramatic eye make-up..."

Is this the profile of a woman who can't pay the bills she racked up?? Talk about taking the p!ss here. This woman is a bonafide, chronic liar whose succeeded in getting the gates firmly shut against those who'll genuinely need help in future. National disgrace.

2 Likes

Re: Bimbo Ayelabola Gives Birth To Quintuplets In London, Gets Let Off £145k Bill by Nobody: 12:45pm On Aug 31, 2015
mutter:

Please get your facts straight. I know very well that single people could pay up to 50 % Tax . I just pointed out and correctly too that there is a difference between tax and health insurance.

Some of you probably don`t look at your payslips. Not everything beeing withdrawn is tax. There is a break down. Pensions, health insurance, church taxes and and and, depending on the country you live in.
In a forum like this where people from all over the world participate it is good to be precise.

So next time before you comment be sure you are hitting the nail on the head.

Mutter the issue occured in the UK
Those of us talking about tax are talking about the UK
You are the one not gettiing your facts right.
National Insurance is not health insurance
In the UK, national insurance and income tax pays for the NHS.
No one has talked about health insurance here

4 Likes

Re: Bimbo Ayelabola Gives Birth To Quintuplets In London, Gets Let Off £145k Bill by mutter(f): 12:49pm On Aug 31, 2015
tearoses:

Okay you can take up her case then since she has been slandered.
The only thing I agree with you is the pictures of the children that were taken
They have done no wrong and are innocent in all this.

This however was not the initial basis of your argument.
You are on her side
Like its right for people to take what is not theirs.

I don`t need to write all my arguments here. I am not defending her case. Besides I was under the mistaken assumption that we all are sensitive to the fundamental human rights.
What I have been trying to make clear all along is that this is a simple civil case.
It is not a state of the nation issue and not a political issue.
Some evil people with racist intention are using it to attack blacks.
Ironically it is the Nigerians in Britain that are going to suffer the impacts of this racism.
Please don`t be fooled. Go and take a look at all the unpaid debts that hospital has and you might start to think differently. Why haven't they announced that.
With the influx of refugees in Europe today many hospitals are having similar issues. Some times the refugees arrive and before they are properly registered need to be treated. One small community hospital in Europe had over 200 000 Euro debts. That is more than the income of the whole community in the month.
There are thousand of such cases where people come for treatment to Europe. The cost far outshoots the estimate and they can`t afford to pay.
I wonder why her case is being carried up.
But I can tell you why.. some sick people are mad that we are multiplying and striving.

I don`t ever take a decision by looking at black and white. There are many shades in-between.
And if I am worked up about this topic forgive me. The fight against racism is one I have a passion for.
Re: Bimbo Ayelabola Gives Birth To Quintuplets In London, Gets Let Off £145k Bill by Nobody: 12:56pm On Aug 31, 2015
mutter:

I don`t need to write all my arguments here. I am not defending her case. Besides I was under the mistaken assumption that we all are sensitive to the fundamental human rights.
What I have been trying to make clear all along is that this is a simple civil case.
It is not a state of the nation issue and not a political issue.
Some evil people with racist intention are using it to attack blacks.
Ironically it is the Nigerians in Britain that are going to suffer the impacts of this racism.
Please don`t be fooled. Go and take a look at all the unpaid debts that hospital has and you might start to think differently. Why havent they announced that.

I don`t ever take a decision by looking at black and white. There are many shades in-between.
And if I am worked up about this topic forgive me. The fight against racism is one I have a passion for.

I am
I have tears in my eyes when I see refugees with the clothes on their backs walking miles along railway tracks
For people in genuine need I feel for and try to help when I can
For people who try and play a fast one . . NO NO NO
Like I said, all she had to do was to appeal for time to pay the bill, get the bill reduced or at least communicate with the hospital . . .do something!!! BE RESPONSIBLE!
She chose neither
rather she spent 2 years here and then went back to Nigeria without a care in the world. she later said she wasnt sent a bill . . . really undecided
It wont surprise me if the govt is paying the kids child benefit.
So my own relatives that pay their 5k bills for birthing kids here are stupidd?
Or cant they run away too?

I would have thought that she would even be grateful to the medical team and country that saved her life and the lives of her babies
Instead she bites the hand that fed her

tomorrow when inspectors stand at the aircraft door on a London bound ARIK flight tuning pregnant women back we will all shout racism.

3 Likes

Re: Bimbo Ayelabola Gives Birth To Quintuplets In London, Gets Let Off £145k Bill by mutter(f): 12:57pm On Aug 31, 2015
tearoses:

Mutter the issue occured in the UK
Those of us talking about tax are talking about the UK
You are the one not gettiing your facts right.
National Insurance is not health insurance
In the UK, national insurance and income tax pays for the NHS.
No one has talked about health insurance here
It all amounts to the same thing. There is a budget for everything and I don`t think that 100% of taxes paid are used for medi care. There still would be a break down.
Re: Bimbo Ayelabola Gives Birth To Quintuplets In London, Gets Let Off £145k Bill by Nobody: 1:07pm On Aug 31, 2015
EfemenaXY:

20% ke?

Tearoses, some of us pay 40%.

If company cars can be taxed, what wont be taxed LOL
I was fined £100 for returning my tax return late angry
It is well
Re: Bimbo Ayelabola Gives Birth To Quintuplets In London, Gets Let Off £145k Bill by EfemenaXY: 1:36pm On Aug 31, 2015
mutter:

So how many such cases have we had in Nigeria. Even in Europe it is something special.

What's special about taking DOUBLE DOSES of a fertility drug for EIGHT TIMES longer than necessary? Does that sound normal to you?

mutter:
Every day all over the world people are buying and making use of services they cannot pay for. From buying houses to electricity bill.

Sorry, did you just say people buy things like houses they can't pay for? What's your definition of the word "buy"?? As per making use of services they can't pay for, why are you justifying what obviously very wrong? So you think it's okay to make use of services you can't afford, tell me, would such service be in existence if it isn't being paid for in the first place? Or how do you think the system operates? On charity??

mutter:
So why are you getting worked up by this case. It really is not left for us to comment that she could eventually not pay. Being unable to pay is not a criminal offense.

Why shouldn't I get worked up by this case?? Knowing fully well that my taxes go to fund fraudulent, scamming, health tourists like her who take advantage of an "understanding" system, thinking in their usual foolhardy way that they're smart? And yes, we have every right to comment, name, and shame ingrates like her. Infact, she deserves to be thrown in jail. If you can't pay, then don't request for it in the first place!

mutter:
Would you care a damn if she had delivered in Nigeria and did not pay?

You know fully well that I wouldn't give a monkey's if she'd delivered her kids in Nigeria. Why should I? Part of my wages don't go into the Nigerian system. They go towards funding and supporting the UK health services amongst others. Actually, come to think of it, why didn't she have them in Nigeria, then try to scam her way out of paying her hospital bills.

I think, going by your support of women like this and her ilk, I now fully understand why the Nigerian hospitals don't care if you're knocking on death's door if you haven't got the money to pay upfront for your medical care.

mutter:
Now it would be naive not to acknowledge the influence of the western powers in the choice of leaders. Do you think that it is the voters alone that determines who gets on the seat. The question is who messed Nigeria up.

Really?

So it's now the west that voted your president and his croonies in power? The west is the one ripping your people and diverting the much needed money for building basic infrastructure to help your masses, into foreign accounts? Your past leaders haven't been stealing your much needed national funds in broad daylight and stashing their loot into foreign accounts? Please remind me of the Ibori case again - please.

mutter:
Let me make one thing very clear to you. Since Nigeria was a colony, all Nigerians should have been offered a British passport. When Nigeria got independence they scammed Nigerians out of it. Go to countries like Togo, you would find that many of them applied and got french passports.

If your country clammoured so much for independence, why on earth would they be hustling to be citizens of their colonial masters? I thought the very essence of acquiring independence is to have that freedom to run your country the way you want? You know what, you've only just reinforced the concept that your people are unable to think independently for themselves and never truly got rid of that slave mentality you mention. Why would a dog go back to its vomit?

mutter:
The truth be told if I lived in Britain and worked there I would have sued them to heaven before I pay tax. Why should I pay tax to my colonial master? They ought to pay us for the damages caused. Infact no Nigerian should pay tax to the British Government, they should all be exempted from paying tax. That is justice.

I really wished you worked over here and tried to blatently cheat the system. You deserve to be in jail - now that'll be real justice. But then again, it's going to be the British taxpayer paying for your stay in prison. Oh the irony!

mutter:
Besides what about people that don`t work in Britain, don´t they get medicare? They don`t pay tax!! Who pays that? The Government. SO the NHS is also indirectly a charitable institution. From each according to how he can.

Listen lady. We look out for our. Your country should look out for her own people, instead of scamming their way to someone else's land that's already been cleaned up. Why not clean up your mess?

mutter:
I guess one woman being blessed by God is enough reason to justify you insulting a whole nation. Breeding like rabbits! I hope you are not a Nigerian because if you were you are a very sorry one- a mental slave!!!

You are the slave - going on with your misplaced entitlement theory, expecting hardworking folks to fund miscreants breeding like rabbits. She should have had her kids in Nigeria. The Nigerian hospitals all well versed on people of her ilk and know how to deal with them appropriately.

mutter:
You are right there. Because Nigeria as a country was not able to scam other nations that is why some Nigerians have to carry on the fight individually. Please occupy yourself with the exploitation of the British Government spread all over the world. Still continues till today. Do you know the amount of money involved. .. Please go back and do your homework. Britain has taken a whole chunk of the Nigerian cake and is complaining about some individuals picking up some crumbs! Get real!

You don't live in the UK and yet you rant about a system you don't know Jack about? You're a joke!

mutter:
Are you aware of what Nigerians contribute to the NHS. And are you aware of how many Nigerians are working in Britain in Medicare. Many under hard conditions and exploited.
Besides i hope you are aware about the ethics of the profession- medi care is also a humanitarian act.

The only nonsence I see is that Nigerian`s are made to apply for visa before going to Britain. This is wrong and the world says nothing to that.

No tell me, what do Nigerian contribute to the NHS? I presume the sort of Nigerians you're referring to are spongers. Health tourists, whose sole purpose in life is to go about with a misplaced entitlement mentality. Free loaders out to drain the system. Yes?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bimbo Ayelabola Gives Birth To Quintuplets In London, Gets Let Off £145k Bill by EfemenaXY: 1:44pm On Aug 31, 2015
mutter:

This must be comedy Monday! grin grin

Seriously Mutter, are you for real? What makes that woman responsible? It's responsible to hightail from paying your bills? Or was it responsible of her to take [size=18pt]double doses[/size] of a fertility pill for more than [size=18pt]8 times[/size] the recommend amount? Huh? Which is it na?

Or was it responsible for her to be illegally working as an AVON make-up artist in the UK, knowing fully well that her TOURIST visa had expired?

Lol! Pls come over here and educate us some more with your conspiracy theories.

3 Likes

Re: Bimbo Ayelabola Gives Birth To Quintuplets In London, Gets Let Off £145k Bill by EfemenaXY: 1:51pm On Aug 31, 2015
tearoses:

If company cars can be taxed, what wont be taxed LOL
I was fined £100 for returning my tax return late angry
It is well

Over £1,000 was deducted from me for taxes and NIC. Now assuming I remain on the same payscale for 6 years, that'll more than pay that loony's hospital bill.

I blame the labour govt for being so lax. I used to dislike the conservatives but when I read up cases like this, they (the conservatives) don't seem half that bad. We need strong leaders to whip the system back into shape and to plug in any loopholes.
Re: Bimbo Ayelabola Gives Birth To Quintuplets In London, Gets Let Off £145k Bill by mutter(f): 2:35pm On Aug 31, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Over £1,000 was deducted from me for taxes and NIC. Now assuming I remain on the same payscale for 6 years, that'll more than pay that loony's hospital bill.

I blame the labour govt for being so lax. I used to dislike the conservatives but when I read up cases like this, they (the conservatives) don't seem half that bad. We need strong leaders to whip the system back into shape and to plug in any loopholes.

I need to reply you later on your other posts.
What you pay as taxes is more on the average. If you are single it isn't the world.
How much of taxpayers money have you consumed since birth and how much have you paid into the system.
Right now your account is on a big minus. You have not returned what you consumed so no one is living on your taxes. You have not yet fulfilled the generation contract of paying back the taxes paid by the older generation who need to be funded on their old age.
Please give us a break. !!!!
Re: Bimbo Ayelabola Gives Birth To Quintuplets In London, Gets Let Off £145k Bill by free37: 2:40pm On Aug 31, 2015
Chai..... grin
Re: Bimbo Ayelabola Gives Birth To Quintuplets In London, Gets Let Off £145k Bill by Nobody: 2:44pm On Aug 31, 2015
ronald4lif:

Exactly. It wasn't only written to spite health tourists but to stoke the chambers of hate between British natives and foreigners. There's an ongoing campaign by DM to berate immigrants in Britain and heap the blame of every dysfunctional organization on hardworking immigrants.

The article was finely scripted to raise local sentiments and cause an uproar from UK tax payer to take on the streets and call for strict implementations of payment before service by NHS. Although not a bad thing if that should be implemented but I find disturbing the source which is DM that has become a hate and racist media.

It has gotten so bad so much that British nationals have come to believe that whatever is wrong with their country must be foreigners fault. They now blame everybody but themselves for their woes.

Exactly!

1 Like

Re: Bimbo Ayelabola Gives Birth To Quintuplets In London, Gets Let Off £145k Bill by Askseek(f): 2:57pm On Aug 31, 2015
mutter:

I need to reply you later on your other posts.
What you pay as taxes is more on the average. If you are single it isn't the world.
How much of taxpayers money have you consumed since birth and how much have you paid into the system.
Right now your account is on a big minus. You have not returned what you consumed so no one is living on your taxes. You have not yet fulfilled the generation contract of paying back the taxes paid by the older generation who need to be funded on their old age.
Please give us a break. !!!!
It seems you argue for the sake of arguing and I seriously doubt that you are a lawyer.if you cannot acknowledge that she is wrong. Argue mitigating circumstances but please do not bring up racism because that has no bearing here. At least efemenaxy contributes to the system, while you are supporting those who want to sponge off a system that they do nothing to support how does that make any sense. I always argue that Nigeria is exactly where it needs to be, we like to reap where we do not die. How much did she expect child birth to cost? £1000? There are hospitals in Nigeria that would provide excellent care but nooooo, you have to go to London or US to have your child when you cannot afford it. Cut your coat according to your cloth they refuse. While I don't live in the UK, the same happens here in the U.S. I have one policy anytime I have been asked by someone who wants to have a child here "show me the money". You will pay for the services used. If u can't afford it stay home and go to a clinic you can afford. there truly is no basis for your argument madam.

2 Likes

Re: Bimbo Ayelabola Gives Birth To Quintuplets In London, Gets Let Off £145k Bill by mutter(f): 3:39pm On Aug 31, 2015
Askseek:

It seems you argue for the sake of arguing and I seriously doubt that you are a lawyer.if you cannot acknowledge that she is wrong. Argue mitigating circumstances but please do not bring up racism because that has no bearing here. At least efemenaxy contributes to the system, while you are supporting those who want to sponge off a system that they do nothing to support how does that make any sense. I always argue that Nigeria is exactly where it needs to be, we like to reap where we do not die. How much did she expect child birth to cost? £1000? There are hospitals in Nigeria that would provide excellent care but nooooo, you have to go to London or US to have your child when you cannot afford it. Cut your coat according to your cloth they refuse. While I don't live in the UK, the same happens here in the U.S. I have one policy anytime I have been asked by someone who wants to have a child here "show me the money". You will pay for the services used. If u can't afford it stay home and go to a clinic you can afford. there truly is no basis for your argument madam.

Let me and we you briefly because I really am between two doors.
Young lady do you expect me to splash my documents here. Documents I obtained 27 years ago!!!! Asking for much aren't you ..
I never mentioned I was a lawyer on this thread. So if someone has been stung to look it up...how do react. ?
Besides this is common sence and general knowledge.
THIS is not an issue of right or wrong . This is a case of owing or not.
If the hospital has a claim let them consult their lawyers. They can obtain a judgment that can be enforced in Nigeria .
Owing is not a criminal offence. The court looks at what they can obtain from you and how you can pay
Does she have a car worth 17000 pounds! So what. It is not a luxury when you have five kids to have a roadworthy car. She needs at least a seven seater. Can you buy a new car at that amount? No court in Europe would demand the car has to be auctioned
Is she paying 8 000 school fees. This is not a luxury. Parents are still free to determine what school their kids go to. For five kid's. ..that is not a luxury for a court in UK.
Do you realise that this poor woman has been made a victim by politicians.
But since you live in the US. It's okay. A black man life is not worth that lf a lion.
I would be unfair to myself and others if I do not write the truth.
Re: Bimbo Ayelabola Gives Birth To Quintuplets In London, Gets Let Off £145k Bill by Askseek(f): 4:31pm On Aug 31, 2015
mutter:

Let me and we you briefly because I really am between two doors.
Young lady do you expect me to splash my documents here. Documents I obtained 27 years ago!!!! Asking for much aren't you ..
I never mentioned I was a lawyer on this thread. So if someone has been stung to look it up...how do react. ?
Besides this is common sence and general knowledge.
THIS is not an issue of right or wrong . This is a case of owing or not.
If the hospital has a claim let them consult their lawyers. They can obtain a judgment that can be enforced in Nigeria .
Owing is not a criminal offence. The court looks at what they can obtain from you and how you can pay
Does she have a car worth 17000 pounds! So what. It is not a luxury when you have five kids to have a roadworthy car. She needs at least a seven seater. Can you buy a new car at that amount? No court in Europe would demand the car has to be auctioned
Is she paying 8 000 school fees. This is not a luxury. Parents are still free to determine what school their kids go to. For five kid's. ..that is not a luxury for a court in UK.
Do you realise that this poor woman has been made a victim by politicians.
But since you live in the US. It's okay. A black man life is not worth that lf a lion.
I would be unfair to myself and others if I do not write the truth.

And pray explain why any of this is the responsibility of society be it Nigeria or UK? She and her husband made a conscious decision to have children. They chose to go to all lengths to have children when nature did not take its course. Again I question you being a lawyer if you cannot acknowledge that she is wrong. Acknowledging she is wrong does not stop you from arguing that circumstances beyond her control make it impossible for her to pay but uncontrollable circumstances do not turn wrong to right. No where does it show that she attempted to negotiate the bill. You and I and the many others who live here all know that these bills can be negotiated down but where did she attempt to do this? Nothing is free in this world. Nigerians act like healthcare is free in oyibo land ignoring the many who work to make it possible. Please give me a break and do not bring up the value of black lives as that is a conversation for another day one it is clear we will not see eye to eye on. I believe all lives matter be they black, white or blue. What is wrong is wrong and until we start to accept and acknowledge that Nigeria is doomed.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bimbo Ayelabola Gives Birth To Quintuplets In London, Gets Let Off £145k Bill by Moana(f): 6:12pm On Aug 31, 2015
Some Africans disgracing themselves since 17AD

2 Likes

Re: Bimbo Ayelabola Gives Birth To Quintuplets In London, Gets Let Off £145k Bill by Moana(f): 6:23pm On Aug 31, 2015
mutter:
The costs incured was for the babies. A situation that is not exactly predictable.
When a woman knows that the pregnancy is a risky one- like in this case multiple birth, the natural thing is to ensure a safe delivery.
It would have been irresponsible of her to remain in Nigeria when she had access to better treatment.
If the politicians didn`t mess it all up she would have preferred giving birth at home surrounded by loved ones.
There is no reason for anyone to make news out of this issue.
Normally any hospital ought to treat a patient even if they cant afford it.
Anyone abusing this woman is not being fair.
Having so many kids and all survived is a sensation.
I tell you if this was a hospital in Nigeria they would have waved that bill and well meaning Nigerians would even have donated.
Well this again is a subtle form of racism.
Now don`t come with the woman can afford it. In Europe with the health care system no one pays such an amount angry angry.
That is because they are insured.
For those who think they can`t get a visa- you are pathetic.
We ought to be thanking God for this gift of life.
its racist to expect her to pay her bill?

4 Likes

Re: Bimbo Ayelabola Gives Birth To Quintuplets In London, Gets Let Off £145k Bill by mutter(f): 6:30pm On Aug 31, 2015
Askseek:

And pray explain why any of this is the responsibility of society be it Nigeria or UK? She and her husband made a conscious decision to have children. They chose to go to all lengths to have children when nature did not take its course. Again I question you being a lawyer if you cannot acknowledge that she is wrong. Acknowledging she is wrong does not stop you from arguing that circumstances beyond her control make it impossible for her to pay but uncontrollable circumstances do not turn wrong to right. No where does it show that she attempted to negotiate the bill. You and I and the many others who live here all know that these bills can be negotiated down but where did she attempt to do this? Nothing is free in this world. Nigerians act like healthcare is free in oyibo land ignoring the many who work to make it possible. Please give me a break and do not bring up the value of black lives as that is a conversation for another day one it is clear we will not see eye to eye on. I believe all lives matter be they black, white or blue. What is wrong is wrong and until we start to accept and acknowledge that Nigeria is doomed.

I admit that she is owing money and when you owe it is not about wrong or right but can you pay or not.
Any other thing being involved in this case is being emotional and mixing beans with oranges.
Re: Bimbo Ayelabola Gives Birth To Quintuplets In London, Gets Let Off £145k Bill by mutter(f): 7:04pm On Aug 31, 2015
What's special about taking DOUBLE DOSES of a fertility drug for EIGHT TIMES longer than necessary? Does that sound normal to you?
Nothing special about it. Many women that have access to medication and are desperate would do the same thing.
It sounds normal to me. Women go to great lengths to have a child . That`s why you have surrogate mothers and so many other options.
Now are you also condemning the desperate act of a sad woman wanting to get pregnant. You just are not being fair to this woman.

Sorry, did you just say people buy things like houses they can't pay for? What's your definition of the word "buy"?? As per making use of services they can't pay for, why are you justifying what obviously very wrong? So you think it's okay to make use of services you can't afford, tell me, would such service be in existence if it isn't being paid for in the first place? Or how do you think the system operates? On charity??

It`s not okay but it`s not criminal. So how many of those people have their names and pictures published?

Why shouldn't I get worked up by this case?? Knowing fully well that my taxes go to fund fraudulent, scamming, health tourists like her who take advantage of an "understanding" system, thinking in their usual foolhardy way that they're smart? And yes, we have every right to comment, name, and shame ingrates like her. Infact, she deserves to be thrown in jail. If you can't pay, then don't request for it in the first place!

Obviously you are in the minority with this view. If the British Government shared this opinion she would have been in jail. As I explained earlier your tax account is still probably in minus.
You know fully well that I wouldn't give a monkey's if she'd delivered her kids in Nigeria. Why should I? Part of my wages don't go into the Nigerian system. They go towards funding and supporting the UK health services amongst others. Actually, come to think of it, why didn't she have them in Nigeria, then try to scam her way out of paying her hospital bills.

I think, going by your support of women like this and her ilk, I now fully understand why the Nigerian hospitals don't care if you're knocking on death's door if you haven't got the money to pay upfront for your medical care.
[/quote]
NO comment it is beginning to sound like a cracked record lipsrsealed
Really?

So it's now the west that voted your president and his croonies in power? The west is the one ripping your people and diverting the much needed money for building basic infrastructure to help your masses, into foreign accounts? Your past leaders haven't been stealing your much needed national funds in broad daylight and stashing their loot into foreign accounts? Please remind me of the Ibori case again - please.

and your Government has been aiding and abating that!! And because a woman is owing a debt you are now the self appointed ambassador.
If your country clammoured so much for independence, why on earth would they be hustling to be citizens of their colonial masters? I thought the very essence of acquiring independence is to have that freedom to run your country the way you want? You know what, you've only just reinforced the concept that your people are unable to think independently for themselves and never truly got rid of that slave mentality you mention. Why would a dog go back to its vomit?

You need to disclose to me your nationality and your interest in Nigeria before we continue on this line. The issue of giving passport are all regulated by international laws and policies and not by what you think.
How insolent for you to speak of clamouring for independence. A people held captive want to be free. Is that not the most natural thing. You have real issues.
It may be vomit but certainly not ours.

I really wished you worked over here and tried to blatently cheat the system. You deserve to be in jail - now that'll be real justice. But then again, it's going to be the British taxpayer paying for your stay in prison. Oh the irony!

I have no intention of beating the system but of suing it. Maybe I just might think of coming to take up a job there and doing just that.

Listen lady. We look out for our. Your country should look out for her own people, instead of scamming their way to someone else's land that's already been cleaned up. Why not clean up your mess?

Now isn't this the joke of the year!! You have one of the most lousy social systems, most lousy health systems, most lousy educational systems!! You don`t look after nobody. Foreigners are more charitable in Britain that you guys are. ( come I hope it`s not just because you have that little book you claim to be..)

You are the slave - going on with your misplaced entitlement theory, expecting hardworking folks to fund miscreants breeding like rabbits. She should have had her kids in Nigeria. The Nigerian hospitals all well versed on people of her ilk and know how to deal with them appropriately.

Being a slave is better than being a free born with the mentality of a slave. I think in future all Nigerians need to apply to you for instructions on where to give birth.

You don't live in the UK and yet you rant about a system you don't know Jack about? You're a joke!
Kasper!! I don`t need to know there, thats the advantage of being informed. I hope you also know a bit more about the world than that tiny Island you live on.

No tell me, what do Nigerian contribute to the NHS? I presume the sort of Nigerians you're referring to are spongers. Health tourists, whose sole purpose in life is to go about with a misplaced entitlement mentality. Free loaders out to drain the system. Yes?

Okay, i leave this to be commented on by Nigerians who live there. Ridiculous.
Re: Bimbo Ayelabola Gives Birth To Quintuplets In London, Gets Let Off £145k Bill by Ngokafor(f): 8:22pm On Aug 31, 2015
...I do not know why some Nigerians just wont do the right thing home and abroad,always looking for ways to cheat any system they find themselves in undecided

...the sad thing is that innocent folks like the British taxpayers(some even Nigerians) and genuine health tourists will pay for this woman' nonsence in the long run.

..The funny thing is that some would want to justify criminal tendencies like this on the fact that Britain looted this country,forgeting that Nigerians themselves have looted and is still looting this country from independence till date,reason why our health facilities are below international standard inspite of all the petro-billions over the years.

2 Likes

Re: Bimbo Ayelabola Gives Birth To Quintuplets In London, Gets Let Off £145k Bill by EfemenaXY: 9:50pm On Aug 31, 2015
mutter:

Nothing special about it. Many women that have access to medication and are desperate would do the same thing.
It sounds normal to me. Women go to great lengths to have a child . That`s why you have surrogate mothers and so many other options.
Now are you also condemning the desperate act of a sad woman wanting to get pregnant. You just are not being fair to this woman.

She can birth a million and one kids for all I care - as long as I, and other taxpayers funding the system don't have to pick up the tabs. Why should we? Being forced to do so is unfair.

It`s not okay but it`s not criminal. So how many of those people have their names and pictures published?

It is criminal. Why else do you think she's been banned for five years from returning to the UK? (Too little, too late).

Five years is nothing. She ought to be banned for life! We don't want her parasitic ilk sniffing around.

mutter:
Obviously you are in the minority with this view. If the British Government shared this opinion she would have been in jail. As I explained earlier your tax account is still probably in minus.

Goodness me! Can't you even pretend to think laterally - just for once?

Her being in jail would cost us even more. i.e: The British taxpayer footing the bill for holding her in prison + the taxpayer paying for Social Services to take her kids into welfare. So now, even though jail sounds nice for her, it's a lot cheaper on the taxpayers' pockets to send / deport the silly cow back home with her brood.

Now in response to your rant, my tax payments, are what's enabled your scamming sister receive top-notch, world class premium health service. My tax payments are what's helped fund the complex C-Section that saved the ingrate's life and her quintuplets. My tax payments are what's helped fund the seven week Neo-natel treatment her premature babies had. What do your people's taxes (assuming they pay up in the first place, if at all) fund in your country? Apart from lining the pockets of your thieving leaders??

mutter:
NO comment it is beginning to sound like a cracked record lipsrsealed

You haven't got a leg to stand on here and you know it!

mutter:
and your Government has been aiding and abating that!! And because a woman is owing a debt you are now the self appointed ambassador.

Oh yeah?

So we should take the blame of your "leaders" not being able to discern right from wrong?? And yet you've got imbeciles running your country?? How convenient - passing the buck to someone else. Never taking responsibility for your actions. But then again, it must be a Nigerian thing, never taking accountability, but wallowing in self-pity, according blame, and playing the victim.

mutter:
You need to disclose to me your nationality and your interest in Nigeria before we continue on this line. The issue of giving passport are all regulated by international laws and policies and not by what you think.

I don't have to disclose anything to you, lady. When a thief comes in to rip off our system, you can be sure it'll generate interest. Or what did you expect? That we should keep schtum?? Sorry, there is something called "freedom of speech" - I don't expect you to grasp that concept - but that's how we operate over here.

mutter:
How insolent for you to speak of clamoring for independence. A people held captive want to be free. Is that not the most natural thing. You have real issues.
It may be vomit but certainly not ours.

Hear! Hear!!

And how obnoxious of you to defend the indefensible. Tell me something, do you view the world through rose-tinted glasses, Mutter??

The incorrigible leaders you voted in power are the ones holding you and your people captive. How does scheming your way back to your colonial / one-time slave masters constitute "independence" or freedom??

mutter:
I have no intention of beating the system but of suing it. Maybe I just might think of coming to take up a job there and doing just that.

So what are you waiting for? Hope you'll be paying for your solicitors out of your own pockets. Or will the British taxpayers have to fund your state appointed brief - to sue our system??

I don't know what you've been smoking today, but I gotta give it to you - whatever it is, it is GOOD! grin grin grin

mutter:
Now isn't this the joke of the year!! You have one of the most lousy social systems, most lousy health systems, most lousy educational systems!! You don`t look after nobody. Foreigners are more charitable in Britain that you guys are. ( come I hope it`s not just because you have that little book you claim to be..)

Really?

~ How many Brits do you find lined up at the Nigerian High Commission from the wee hours of the morning, seeking Nigerian visas?

~ How many Brits have you got running after / seeking admissions in Nigerian schools? Or desperate to obtain Nigerian "qualifications"??

~ How many Brits do you see at your Social Services office, regaling officers with world-class lies, in a desperate bid clamouring for benefits funded by the TAXPAYER?? Oh hang on, you haven't got a welfare system in place, have you

~ What's the Nigerian equivalent of the Red Cross, Mutter?

Heck!! And you still expect more for nothing? You've totally redefined the word JOKER, I'll give you that.

mutter:
Being a slave is better than being a free born with the mentality of a slave. I think in future all Nigerians need to apply to you for instructions on where to give birth.

The message is simple. If you can't pay up, then stay the hell away. Why is that so difficult for you to comprehend??

mutter:
Kasper!! I don`t need to know there, thats the advantage of being informed. I hope you also know a bit more about the world than that tiny Island you live on.

That tiny island is where your people aspire to be, and would think nothing of killing / conducting the most atrocious activities to get there. They would literally sell their souls to the devil to get "papers". Yes??

mutter:
Okay, i leave this to be commented on by Nigerians who live there. Ridiculous.

And I think you should keep quiet. You've done more than enough for one day to embarrass your people. Those that understand the difference between right and wrong.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Sister Is Making Her Success A Curse To Our Family / My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son / I Broke Up With Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 225
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.