Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,102 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Tax Evasion: FIRS To Go After 325,000 Companies, Persons - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tax Evasion: FIRS To Go After 325,000 Companies, Persons (15667 Views)

Tunde Fowler Of FIRS Recruits 349 New Staff Secretly - Sahara Reporters / Adeosun: 363,000 Companies Never Paid Any Tax / EFCC Arrests Abumere Joseph Osagie, FIRS Director For Tax Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tax Evasion: FIRS To Go After 325,000 Companies, Persons by ceejay80s(m): 11:17am On Aug 30, 2015
jorel1:
This morons don't even know what tax is.in western countries taxes goes back to the worker in different ways of tax returns.. depending on the workers family situation, such as 3 years meternity leave allowance, child care up to 17 years, pension..
In africa taxes means making the government rich..
True talk..
Don't mind dem , business no dey move again, some company's are finding it difficult to pay their workers una stil dey find tax, wetin happen to all our oil money ?

1 Like

Re: Tax Evasion: FIRS To Go After 325,000 Companies, Persons by ExInferis(m): 11:18am On Aug 30, 2015
hope Seun is paying his taxes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tax Evasion: FIRS To Go After 325,000 Companies, Persons by nasty45(m): 11:18am On Aug 30, 2015
Nna mehn
Re: Tax Evasion: FIRS To Go After 325,000 Companies, Persons by investnotspend: 11:20am On Aug 30, 2015
Fowler!

1 Like

Re: Tax Evasion: FIRS To Go After 325,000 Companies, Persons by Nobody: 11:21am On Aug 30, 2015
lonelydora:
Una good morning. Na now una wake up? Thank God the companies didn't pay self because it would have landed in someone's account.

THREE most corrupt organisations in the past 16 years
1. NNPC
2. CUSTOMS
3. FIRS

Thank God it's not business as usual. PMB is working.

True talk.

So why have they been waiting till now.
Does this mean if PMB lost the elections, this is how the 325,000 companies would have evaded tax?
The firs head should resign.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tax Evasion: FIRS To Go After 325,000 Companies, Persons by Urine: 11:22am On Aug 30, 2015
Fowler! Aka B!tch better have my money.

1 Like

Re: Tax Evasion: FIRS To Go After 325,000 Companies, Persons by nasty45(m): 11:23am On Aug 30, 2015
Esp that FIRS
lonelydora:
Una good morning. Na now una wake up? Thank God the companies didn't pay self because it would have landed in someone's account.

1. NNPC
2. CUSTOMS
3. FIRS

1 Like

Re: Tax Evasion: FIRS To Go After 325,000 Companies, Persons by notoriousbabe: 11:24am On Aug 30, 2015
I hope nairaland no dey among,seun when last did you pay your tax?
Re: Tax Evasion: FIRS To Go After 325,000 Companies, Persons by sirugos(m): 11:26am On Aug 30, 2015
Autolord:
Thank you GEJ for implementing this before handing over to this useless gworo baba
hahahahaha... Guy U wicked...
Re: Tax Evasion: FIRS To Go After 325,000 Companies, Persons by notoriousbabe: 11:28am On Aug 30, 2015
Heromaniaa:
Great
You must give to Caesar that which belongs to Caesar.
is caesar a Nigerian?abeg go jo
Re: Tax Evasion: FIRS To Go After 325,000 Companies, Persons by akosh005: 11:28am On Aug 30, 2015
Really, we have 450000 registered company and unemployment is at alarming rate in 9ja. Am sure dis company re mostly one man buzz.

1 Like

Re: Tax Evasion: FIRS To Go After 325,000 Companies, Persons by Olufemiolaolu(m): 11:29am On Aug 30, 2015
Nice move. God bless PMB & Nigeria.
Re: Tax Evasion: FIRS To Go After 325,000 Companies, Persons by Zakamori: 11:31am On Aug 30, 2015
please guys, is this guy dataseller24 genuine? I wan buy data, and no money to waste.

no vex say the thing no relevant o
Re: Tax Evasion: FIRS To Go After 325,000 Companies, Persons by chichriso: 11:36am On Aug 30, 2015
The same old story

It is too late for APC after 30 appointents?

TO BOOST YOUR BLOG TRAFFIC, CLICK MY SIGNATURES TO ADD YOUR BLOG LINK/URL

Re: Tax Evasion: FIRS To Go After 325,000 Companies, Persons by spenca: 11:37am On Aug 30, 2015
just a week after fowler is delivering , buhari is appointing good and capable Nigerians , because he cant find them in a part of the country
Re: Tax Evasion: FIRS To Go After 325,000 Companies, Persons by adaweezy(m): 11:37am On Aug 30, 2015
jorel1:
This morons don't even know what tax is.in western countries taxes goes back to the worker in different ways of tax returns.. depending on the workers family situation, such as 3 years meternity leave allowance, child care up to 17 years, pension..
they exist under the FIRS Act you just have to apply formally for them .......
Re: Tax Evasion: FIRS To Go After 325,000 Companies, Persons by Heromaniaa: 11:39am On Aug 30, 2015
notoriousbabe:
is caesar a Nigerian?abeg go jo
alright then. give to Buhari that which belongs to Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Tax Evasion: FIRS To Go After 325,000 Companies, Persons by Nobody: 11:47am On Aug 30, 2015
Crocz:
So you don't pay tax, no corporate benefit to your host communities, pollute the air and estort customers....and yet nobody seems to be concerned all these years?

Chai!...Jonathaaaaaaan!! angry
How do you pay tax on negative returns. How can a company be profitable when you spend over 3Billion naira on power or diesel, check with Guinness how much money it spend annually on power, ask Dunlop why the government loose its revenue and Nigerians lost their jobs and the federal government lost its tax base.

Instead of looking for ghost companies for revenue think about how to help these companies to improve there production and increase the tax base.

Try to get your goods out of the ports in Nigeria and see how the customs, the shipping company, the clearing agent and the terminal all ready to frustrate your effort in creating jobs for Nigeria. See how bad the roads leading to the ports are and the roads are blocked by trailers.

If you want to improve tax base, improve unemployment, I'll say 90% of Nigerians are either unemployed or under employed, reduce imports.

God bless Nigeria.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tax Evasion: FIRS To Go After 325,000 Companies, Persons by ruggedybaba: 11:48am On Aug 30, 2015
Heromaniaa:
Great
You must give to Caesar that which belongs to Caesar.
and soomebody will open his bigmouth to say buhari is not working.

1 Like

Re: Tax Evasion: FIRS To Go After 325,000 Companies, Persons by jayboi146: 11:49am On Aug 30, 2015
lonelydora:

1. NNPC
2. CUSTOMS
3. FIRS

wat of NDDC

1 Like

Re: Tax Evasion: FIRS To Go After 325,000 Companies, Persons by erico2k2(m): 11:52am On Aug 30, 2015
jorel1:
what do yuou expect from people educated in classrooms where there are no electricity, cool cool.govt should provide records of th tas collected so far and waht they intend doing with it b4 all this rubissshh
Re: Tax Evasion: FIRS To Go After 325,000 Companies, Persons by erico2k2(m): 11:53am On Aug 30, 2015
ruggedybaba:
and soomebody will open his bigmouth to say buhari is not working.
who amongst those coy can be proved to make profits appart frm banks?
Re: Tax Evasion: FIRS To Go After 325,000 Companies, Persons by Missy89(f): 11:54am On Aug 30, 2015
I will never pay a penny in taxes to a government like nigeria.
Re: Tax Evasion: FIRS To Go After 325,000 Companies, Persons by netguru1990: 12:01pm On Aug 30, 2015
check DP for contact details
Re: Tax Evasion: FIRS To Go After 325,000 Companies, Persons by saymax(f): 12:02pm On Aug 30, 2015
kennyman2000:
Hmmmm... Did i hear, get TIN at the point of business registration.. I see this not encouraging small business owners who may want their business registered to give it a professional face as i believe some costs may be attached to it which may be a turn off for struggling small business owners..

Buhari shouldnt do things that'll discourage small business owners..
. TIN is free.
Re: Tax Evasion: FIRS To Go After 325,000 Companies, Persons by Nobody: 12:05pm On Aug 30, 2015
well i owe N30,000, if they just come, i will use my atm to pay them. cus i know i am amongst the 325,000 people and i reside in abuja.
Re: Tax Evasion: FIRS To Go After 325,000 Companies, Persons by litetias(m): 12:06pm On Aug 30, 2015
In the US tax evasion is punishable by jail time.

Let that apply here too.

Very affordable 3 bedroom, 2 bedroom and self-contain apartments in conducive environs in Warri is available for rent.

Just 1 yr upfront payment (Instead of the 2 years most landlords collect).

Contact me via my signature
Re: Tax Evasion: FIRS To Go After 325,000 Companies, Persons by 989900: 12:07pm On Aug 30, 2015
omojoshy:
How do you pay tax on negative returns. How can a company be profitable when you spend over 3Billion naira on power or diesel, check with Guinness how much money it spend annually on power, ask Dunlop why the government loose its revenue and Nigerians lost their jobs and the federal government lost its tax base.

Instead of looking for ghost companies for revenue think about how to help these companies to improve there production and increase the tax base.

Try to get your goods out of the ports in Nigeria and see how the customs, the shipping company, the clearing agent and the terminal all ready to frustrate your effort in creating jobs for Nigeria. See how bad the roads leading to the ports are and the roads are blocked by trailers.

If you want to improve tax base, improve unemployment, I'll say 90% of Nigerians are either unemployed or under employed, reduce imports.

God bless Nigeria.

Well said.

1 Like

Re: Tax Evasion: FIRS To Go After 325,000 Companies, Persons by Crocz(m): 12:08pm On Aug 30, 2015
omojoshy:

God bless Nigeria.

I'm inclined to agree with the port issue...but on companies not paying tax cos of negative return isn't good enough an excuse, the government shouldn't be sharing in the failures of management of a company and I strongly believe that the cost of power in most companies is grossly exaggerated. If we continue to see companies in Nigeria as doing government favour by providing employment then we'll be missing a vital fact that most of this companies get bumper returns as profit for their troubles, so it's a two ways thing.

No company can operate at a break even for years let alone on a negative return.
Re: Tax Evasion: FIRS To Go After 325,000 Companies, Persons by Israel5(m): 12:09pm On Aug 30, 2015
Oya na, go do am. We dey una back. Our akara women dey pay tax so why shouldn't they?
Re: Tax Evasion: FIRS To Go After 325,000 Companies, Persons by musicwriter(m): 12:11pm On Aug 30, 2015
I recently registered a company, and was told I needed a TIN when I went to open bank account. I heard one can apply for TIN online. Anybody done that before?.
Re: Tax Evasion: FIRS To Go After 325,000 Companies, Persons by Standing5(m): 12:13pm On Aug 30, 2015
What the wisdom of it all from the side of the management who force IT Staff to cook its books and pay bribe only to come back and pay the so called tax . . .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ondo : APC Aspirants Tackle Tinubu Over Alleged Imposition / Twin Suicide Bomb Attacks In Borno, Three Killed, 45 Injured / Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Nationwide Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.