Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,593 members, 7,812,939 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:05 PM

Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 - Literature (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 (473938 Views)

"The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. / Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge / The Fulcrum (an Action Packed Spy Thriller) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by blueflowers(f): 5:03pm On Apr 04, 2016
I came across this yesterday,mehn u are really gifted

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by emmamedicro46(m): 5:25pm On Apr 04, 2016
Oga oyin come and kontinu oooo, the suspense is literally crushing me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 11:43pm On Apr 04, 2016
Tarasha - Chapter 13 PT 6

Tarasha removed the bag on her back and returned to the sofa. She took out her own laptop and turned it on. She looked into Cole's laptop again as she waited for hers to complete the booting process. She smiled lightly. Whoever had helped tightened the cameras security system had done a good job but still had more work to do.  Her laptop was on, she clicked on the start button and selected the "run" process. The "run window" came up. She typed in a code. "Nef-Tar-diag-falc." After some seconds of loading, the whole computer system display changed and another window popped up, requesting for a password. She typed in the password and the window closed. In just few minutes, she had swapped from the windows operating system to a personal operating system created by herself.

'Go get the rest of the team, get the bags into the car' Tarasha said to Cole who was staring into the screen in awe. Cole closed his laptop and got up immediately. 'You guys should also get your guns ready, we'll take out anyone that tries to stop or monitor us, even if it's someone we only suspect' she added before Cole began to move.

'That includes Henry' she added again. Cole paused and turned to look at her. 'Kill him if he ever comes your way again' she stared into his eyes and reiterated. Cole turned and proceeded to the rooms.

Tarasha continued with her work on the laptop. In two minutes time, Aisha and Benny came out with their luggages. Cole also followed behind, he picked the Boss' box and carried it with him outside the building.

~~~

Henry walked in hurriedly into the NSCC head office, he headed straight for Mr Sylvester's office without waiting to greet or respond to anybody's greeting. He entered the office without knocking. Sylvester was looking into the a computer with another technician. Henry sat on the visitors seat and turned the second computer which was on Mr Sylvester's table to himself. He clicked open the software to check the status.

'Let's go to the control room' he said and got up from the seat. Sylvester and the other technician followed him. They proceeded out of the office and headed for the control room.

'When exactly was the attempt made?' Henry asked as he opened the door to the control room. The control room was brightened up with yellow bulbs, there were twelve desktops neatly arranged on three rows. An operator sat on the third row behind the main control system, he got up on sighting Henry and Sylvester coming towards him.

'The first attempt was by 12.46pm, three other attempts have been made after that' Sylvester replied. Henry gave Sylvester an eye signal to send out the two our technicians.

'You can wait outside' Sylvester said to the technicians and they left reluctantly.

Henry sat behind the main system and began to type on the keyboard hurriedly. 'So what locations were spotted?' Henry asked. Sylvester stood by his side with a hand placed on the table as he looked into the screen.

'No location was spotted' Sylvester replied. 'It didn't not show any point, direction or even distance'

Henry looked into his face, surprised. 'What do you mean?' He questioned with a frown and turned back to the screen slowly. Sylvester gave no reply since Henry was almost finding out himself.

'No, this can't be' Henry shook his head in disbelief and frustration. He was disappointed with the result displayed by the software. 'This can't be'

'What?' Sylvester asked softly.

'Who else apart from the both of us is aware of this new software?'

'None, except for Agent Dakolo'

Henry hurriedly brought out his phone. Dakolo's call was coming in at the right time. 'Hello sir'

'Hello Henry, have you been able to determine the location and source?' Dakolo questioned.

'No' Henry said flatly. 'There was an attempt but they did not break in.' Dakolo gave no response, his intake of breath from the other side was heard by Henry.

'Sir, did you tell anyone about the new software I made yesterday?' Henry added another question.

'No, why?'

'They didn't fall into the trap. It's like the person behind the security attack somehow knew that his location would be revealed and did not complete the last step'

'But you guys got the alarm?'

'Yes. Sir'

'So what do you think it is?'

'I...' The warning alarm tone began to ring out again from all the computer systems in the room. 'Shit! I'll call you back sir'

'I'm coming over' Dakolo said before Henry ended the call.

A new attempt had been made again. Sylvester turned to silence the alarms on the other computers while Henry got himself busy with the tracking. Sylvester returned three minutes later to meet Henry staring into the computer in an agitated manner.

'What's wrong?' Sylvester asked. 'Did we get their location'

Henry looked up into his face and shook his head in a pitiful manner. 'This time, not only the transmission to the branch and regional offices was stopped, the transmission to this head office and the country's main control point has been redirected.

Sylvester became dumb instantly, his legs began to shake, he dragged a seat from the front of another computer and sat on it before his legs failed him. His lips began to tremble. Henry could perceive from his lips movement that the man was complaining about his job. Henry hissed and got up from his seat. He closed his eyes and let out a deep breath through his mouth, he stared up to the ceiling.

His mind began to wander around as he sympathised with himself for his failure, the first major failure he would encounter in his job as a software technician and hacker. He wondered who could be brainbox in the assassin team, pictures of his friends and top colleagues in the same job began to roll into his mind, every of them was now a suspect.

'What do we do now? I don't want to lose my job' Sylvester manager m lamented, looking up at Henry.

Henry hissed and returned back to the seat behind the computer, Sylvester's eyes following him around. 'Do you think of anything else other than your job?' Henry slammed. 'I mean, someone is in danger of being killed now and you're complaining about your job'

Sylvester took his gaze away shamefully. He got up slowly and began to pace around. Henry picked his phone from the table and dialed Dakolo.

~~~

'Henry, I'm on my way to your office' Dakolo said into the phone as he hurried out of the police office building.

'Sir, we couldn't get the location or source and we lost transmission too. The assassins must be on their way to carry out their job'

'Damn!' Dakolo exclaimed, stamping his feet on the ground. He turned back and climbed back the stairs into the building. 'You mean, even your head office has no signal from the street cameras?'

'No' Henry replied in a very low tone.

'Thanks' Dakolo was about to cut the call.

'Sir, I didn't tell you before... ' Henry's voice came up suddenly again.

'What?' Dakolo said, heading for the computer room in the building.

'We don't know if the attempt was made from Abuja, there's ninety five percent possibility that it could be in another state'

'Shit!' Dakolo cursed as he opened the door to a large open office, he stopped at the entrance. 'And what do we do now?'

'Sir, I'll get back to you when I get a solution'

Dakolo ended the call and walked in, closing the transparent glass door behind. The open office which serves over ten police officials had only two people in it now, Ken and a computer operator. Majority did not come to the office on Sunday and the few ones that came had gone out to man the major entries and exits of the town. Ken's eyes followed Dakolo from the doorway until he got close to them.

'You're not going again?' Ken asked.

Dakolo shook his head in negative. He got to the table and picked up a phone which he dropped before leaving.

'Officer, call more officers from their homes to join you, even the ones on leave and make sure that every team is led by a senior officer. Let no sergeants or recruits head a team' Dakolo said into the phone.

'We still have no signal from the NSCC' Ken said to Dakolo after the call was ended.

'Forget that' Dakolo dismissed it with a wave of the hand. 'Even their head offices have no signal not clue of what is happening on the streets'/

Dakolo dialed the IG's number. 'Sir... Yes sir, we are on it' he replied to a question.

'Sir, we need to give directives for officials to be deployed in other states like we've done here, there's no assurance that the assassin group is attacking someone in Abuja' Dakolo said, he kept quiet for some seconds to listen to the reply before he continued. 'There's also need for announcement to be made on all media platforms. We should warn the public, so that they can report anything suspicious immediately. Thank you sir'

Dakolo detached the gun from his belt side where it was. 'We have to join the team now' he said to Ken who nodded in agreement.

'Make a warning post on Twitter and Facebook' Dakolo said to the computer operator before walking away with Ken.

+++++

'Boss, where are we heading for?' Cole asked for the fifth time after receiving no answers to his previous attempts. He was driving with Tarasha in the blue Toyota Camry while Benny and Aisha were in the other vehicle, the mini van.

'Pull over' Tarasha said calmly in somewhat like a baritone voice. He obeyed and halted the car after driving away from the tarred portion to the untarred area which was close to the bush. Benny and Aisha joined and halted the van few centimetres behind them.

Tarasha came out of the car after the engine was turned off. The bright sunlight made her squint as she looked around the area, she placed her palm above her eyes to reduce the sun rays getting into it. After a brief eye survey of the place, she bent to look inside the car. 'Where are we?' She asked Cole.

'Ermm... Let me check' he replied and took out his phone, he released the seat belt and opened the door.

Tarasha continued her eye survey of the place. The heavy breeze made her unzipped black hip-hop jacket and air fly backwards. The sun intensity reduced as a brief cloud covered it. Tarasha turned back to car and climbed the bonnet to look over the thick bushes, she could see a village hidden behind it. She came down and took out her phone from her skinny black jeans. She dialed Chief Gab's number.

'Good afternoon Chief' she greeted.

'Good afternoon' Chief Gab answered, his voice sounded like he had just woken up from sleep.

'Chief, we need new accommodation urgently' she broke the news straight away.

'Okay' he said with a loud yawn. 'I'll call you back tomorrow morning'

'No Chief...' She was saying when the call was cut. She called back. 'Chief, it's urgent. We need the new accommodation arranged in a matter of minutes' she said, half-shouting into the phone.

'But why are you just telling me now?'

'It's urgent, we need the new accommodation urgently'

'Where are you now?' The Chief asked, sounding readier to help.

'Where are we?' She took the phone off her ear and whispered to Cole who was outside the car now and leaning on the bonnet.

'We are close to Baske village' Cole replied.

'Baske village' Tarasha said into the phone.

'Humm... Give me sometime, let me check what I can do' Chief Gab replied. His tone reflected very little hope.

'What next boss?' Benny asked approaching them from the back. Tarasha looked at him but replied with silence.

'We can't go any further, I'm sure we'll soon come by a police post if we continue' she finally said after some minutes of silence. Cole and Benny were already standing in front of her where she sat on the boot.

Vehicles and fuel tankers drove by the road occasionally as they waited in silence. Tarasha was still seated on the boot, Aisha remained in the passenger's seat of the van while Cole and Benny walked around the place, sightseeing and discussing among themselves. Tarasha's phone rang after seven minutes.

'Did you drop anyone today?' Chief Gab's voice rang in impatiently.

'No, why?' Tarasha was taken aback by the question.

'The police are on the lookout for an assassin gang that's disrupted the cameras security system' he replied.

'I know, that's why we need a new accommodation urgently'

'I'll call you back' the call ended again.

Tarasha came down from the boot. Cole and Benny had come closer to hear the result of the conversation. 'We can't sit idly like this, we're going to be suspected soon' she said to them

'Yes, we were about to also tell you that. Travellers have been staring at us and we don't think that it is safe especially as you said that we're being monitored'

'Why don't you bring out some tools and act like we are repairing the car' Tarasha suggested, tapping the boot. Benny and Cole nodded in agreement. Cole walked to the driver's side of the car to take the Boot's key.

He returned with a slight frown on his face. 'This method ain't gonna work for long, it would be suspicious if people still see us here after several minutes' he said before opening the boot.

Tarasha nodded in agreement with him. 'Just take out the tools and start working' she said. Her phone rang again.

'Chief Gab'

'Tarasha, the only place close to you where I have another house is Asokoro' Chief Gab said.

'We'll encounter the police if we are to drive back there' she complained. Chief Gab was silent.

'Okay' Tarasha finally gave up. 'Send the address and how you want us to get into the house' she ended the call.

She walked to Cole and Benny who were about to take out a tyre. 'Guys, we're going to Asokoro' she called, they looked up. 'You'll remove the tyre and fix it back immediately. That would give me enough time to prepare

'I and Aisha would leave here in this car while two of you would take the van. Before you follow us, you'll get to the village at the back of this bush and fill the space in the van's boot with firewood, that will hide our bags. There'll be a tracker on the car that'll lead you to us' she gave the order and left them to continue working. She went to the boot of the van and pulled out a bag, she took out some makeup kits from the bag and entered into the driver's seat of the van.

Aisha was seated by the passenger's side, sweating as a result of the heat. 'Dry your face and neck, you need to disguise now' she said to Aisha who was staring at her anxiously.

Minutes later, Aisha face had changed into someone else's. Tarasha also added makeups, they took out female handbags from the boot and they both looked like they were coming from a party.

Tarasha and Aisha entered into the car after the men were done fixing the tyre. They drove off and left the men to carry their own cross.

...to be continued

Read Chapter 13 PT 7 on www.youngicee.com

3 Likes

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by koredeeniola(f): 11:17am On Apr 05, 2016
Ds story is d best I av read after accidental victim by dioxidane, simply wow

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by SmartestPopQUEEN(f): 12:29pm On Apr 05, 2016
If after reading this wow piece, u stil tink, tom and jerry is the best! My frnd, u ar stil a learner. Go to sch! Lo kawe die si. Kudos! Oyinprince. U ar M or F?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Nobody: 8:11pm On Apr 05, 2016
*sigh*

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 11:30pm On Apr 05, 2016
Tarasha - Chapter 13 pt 7
5pm, same day

Dakolo, Henry and Sylvester stood in a large room, staring into a screen on the wall in silence. Except for their three chairs which they had abandoned behind to stand closer to the screen,  the white painted room was empty of any other materials or furniture.

The large screen of 100cm by 150cm was inbuilt into the wall, it was displaying a DVD selection menu of fifty options, each showing the captured sections and parts of the streets. From time to time, Sylvester would swipe up the screen, revealing another different DVD selection menu and they would look into it again. Occasionally, they would see a violent or deadly scene as a part of the options and select it, only for them to find out that the police were already aware and in charge of such situations.

They were beginning to get fed up but they remained quiet in hope that they would find something useful. After twenty five minutes of constant swiping and changing, Henry was first to express his dissatisfaction.

He gave a slight hiss and returned to his seat, Sylvester and Dakolo took a glance at him and turned back to face the screen.

'Don't you think it's a waste of time?' Henry finally spoke, making them turn their gazes at him. 'There are still hundreds of thousands options to see. How do you think we won't get weary watching all of them? Is it even possible to watch all? It's not! We can't watch up to a quarter of it.'

Dakolo moved back and sat on the seat beside Henry, still looking at the screen.

'They took off the signals for three hours and returned it on their own will, it means that they must have finished whatever they wanted to do' Henry continued, he took out an handkerchief and cleaned the water formed in his eyes as a result of tiredness and several yawnings.

The day had been a bad one for Henry, it was the first time he would experience such failure and defeat. Well, it wasn't really a failure, the program be created did not fail, it had done the job he built it for only that those he wanted to trap with it used an higher method.

'I think you're right' Sylvester joined in, turning back against the screen. 'It's better we leave it for the regional, city and streets offices to monitor'

Sylvester faced the screen again and turned it off, he picked a white board from the floor and covered the screen with it, concealing it in a way that someone else wouldn't know that there was a screen there. He turned and joined Dakolo and Henry, he sat on the third seat.

After some minutes of silence, Dakolo's phone rang. He answered the call and spoke with the caller for about two minutes.

'Another murder case has been reported, this time in Benue state' Dakolo said as he returned the phone into his pocket. 'But none of these murders have involves a top profile person. Samantha Osman's group always goes for top citizens'

Henry and Sylvester listened without giving any response. Dakolo turned his chair to face the both of them and looked to their faces one after the other. 'Tell me' he finally said, staring at Henry calmly. 'What happened today? I thought we had it in control already'

Henry wiped his face with his hand and licked his lips heaving a sigh. He began to speak reluctantly, 'we thought we had it in control but they outsmarted us'

'How?' Dakolo asked, squeezing his face.

'The ware I developed was meant to locate them when they intercept our transmission again and to be able to retrieve the transmission' Henry began to explain. 'But they did not intercept our transmission this time, they stopped at trying and did something else'

Dakolo narrowed his gaze. 'What did they do?'

'They halted the whole system operations' Henry stated. 'Previously, they would only redirect the transmission of the area under attack from our server but what they did today was different. They crashed the whole process. All the street security cameras in the nation did not work for three hours'

Dakolo's mouth was left agape as he let out a deep breath and shook his head. 'Unbelievable, an assassin group is terrorizing a whole nation' he exclaimed.

'We underestimated the technical power of this assassin group. They are very intelligent and always ready. I believe they have several alternatives, so when we block a way, another way is opened immediately' Henry lamented.

'I didn't underestimate them' Dakolo spoke slowly after some brief seconds of silence. 'I always knew they were technical giants. I once asserted in a meeting that their technical ability was far greater than their physical abilities and artillery. But nevertheless, something has to be done to stop this deadly group.

'We still need to do more work. And I mean more serious work. The assassin group is far ahead of our team'

Dakolo narrowed his gaze at Henry. He didn't believe that there could be someone who was ahead of Henry in respect to hacking and software engineering in Nigeria. He smiled briefly. 'So you mean someone can be ahead of you in hacking?'

Henry stared at him for a while. 'Yes, there are lots of people that could be ahead of me, they've not just been given a voice like I've been. They've not been discovered. And by the way, I just started work in the NSCC few weeks ago'

'It's okay' Dakolo cleaned his face with an handkerchief.  'So what's the way forward now? The NSCC plays a major role in the nation's security'

'What we need to do is to be ahead of the group. We need to block all their possible ways'

'How do you intend to do that?'

'We need more hands' Henry stated.

'More hands?'

'Yes, we need more programmers to join us. More ideas from experts are needed. I believe a combination of several expert ethical hackers and programmers would form a formidable team against the assassin group' Henry expatiated.

'Huh?' Sylvester who had been listening in silence joined in.

'Yes Mr Sylvester. The NSCC needs to hire more hands.'

'But...'Sylvester stammered. 'We hired you because of this, we are expected to have produced results'

'We've produced results sir' Henry retorted, turning his focus to Sylvester, it was Dakolo's turn to be silent now. 'We've produced results, but the assassin group's result seems to be far greater than ours'

'Damn! There's no way we can hire more people now, the government is not releasing enough funds to us'

'Then you have to convince them to release more to you because we need more hands to make this work' Henry continued with confidence. 'You can't employ me as one man and expect me to tackle a group, an expert assassin group at that. And furthermore, we need to be on the attacking side and not defence. We need to develop bugs to attack their operations. If all we do is keep making ways to defend their attacks, they'll keep changing their mode of attack.'

Sylvester's phone interrupted with its loud  ring tone. He took out his phone hurriedly to end the call but had to calm down when he saw the caller's ID.

'It's Sir Rikau' he whispered to Henry and Dakolo, gasping lightly. He stood up from his seat and walked closer to the door to answer the call. He returned to the seat a minute later. His countenance had changed.

'So who are those you want us to hire? Can you give us names of experts? We need to contact them by tomorrow' Sylvester cut into their discussion.

Henry and Dakolo were surprised at his sudden change of heart. It looked like the phone call had done a miracle.

'You want to get in touch with them as soon as tomorrow?' Henry asked again to be sure of what he heard.

'Yes, is that not what you suggested?' Sylvester answered with a rhetorical question. 'See, the IG just called now and he told me that I'll be having a meeting with the President and other security staffs this Friday. I need to present tangible results, else I may lose my job'

Henry could not hold his laughter at Sylvester's mention of 'job' again. 'So it's about losing your job again?'

'No o, we just have to find a solution to this problem'

Henry shook his head, unconvinced by Sylvester's words. He began to think of expert hackers who could be called on immediately, those who were creative enough. His mind suddenly drifted to Omotara again, he remembered how she cloned the Canadian number; that was something that he himself could not do perfectly, that means she or the person who did it for her was a sort of a good hacker, although unethical.

He hoped that it was Omotara who cloned the number by herself, that would also give him the opportunity to help her get her decent job and make her be of more use to the nation.

~~~

8pm

There was nothing much to do in the new Lodge in Asokoro. Although it was a flat with three rooms like the previous one, it was moderner, finer, more comfortable and neater. It hadn't been deserted for long also, the rooms were also larger and air conditioned. All they did was to remove the cobwebs from the walls, sweep and mop the tiled floors, Tarasha and Aisha took care of the cleaning while Benny and Cole went to dispose off the firewoods they had bought to escape.

After all was done, Tarasha sat in the living room on the three seater black leather sofa, her both legs placed on the chair while her back rested on the right armrest. Her laptop was on her laps, she was gathering information about their new targets.

END OF CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Read Chapter 14 pt 1 on www.youngicee.com

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Andropod(m): 6:34am On Apr 06, 2016
Mr.oyin prince please try to add me up on Whatapps 09038736670....I have got few questions to ask you sir....thanks in anticipation!!
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Nobody: 8:50am On Apr 06, 2016
Andropod:
Mr.oyin prince please try to add me up on Whatapps 09038736670....I have got few questions to ask you sir....thanks in anticipation!!
cheesy
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Ashraf123(f): 9:35am On Apr 06, 2016
Good job oyin.

1 Like

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Nobody: 10:24am On Apr 07, 2016
Ashraf123:
Good job oyin.
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 1:18am On Apr 08, 2016
Andropod:
Add me instead 08148709832, Thanks
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 1:31am On Apr 08, 2016
Ashraf123:
Good job oyin.
Thanks
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 1:35am On Apr 08, 2016
Tarasha - Chapter 14 pt 1

Monday morning**

5am

Tarasha was laying on the giant sized bed, the pillow under her arm as she stared into her tablet device, studying the information she had gathered the last night. She had gotten so much already about the targets, their jobs, investments and family, all that remained now was to plot  the best way to carry out their murder. This time she planned for it to be neater than the previous jobs.

She turned off the device and turned to face the ceiling, putting the pillow under her head. She closed her eyes and took in a deep breath.

Nasiru Attahiru, the Senate president who was also a business tycoon had three major companies in Nigeria and several other branches in other African countries. He had a cement factory, a large cocoa plantation; the largest in the country and an Agro products factory. He had three children, Fatima, Aisha and Kamal who were all schooling in the United States. His wife was also a business woman who travels out of the country on regular intervals.

He had several houses; one in Abuja, three in his hometown, Katsina , one in Lagos and many others in different parts of the country and in Africa. He had a mother who he held in very high esteem. She recently celebrated her seventy fifth birthday and it was reported that he spent money lavishly in honouring his mother and entertaining all the guests that were in attendance. He had only one sibling, a younger brother who was also a businessman though not as successful as he was but was doing well enough to fend for himself and his family and also live comfortably.

Elvis Richards, the vice President was a greatly feared and at the same time loved in the nation. As a result of his great contribution towards curbing the crime rate in the nation and bringing the country's security to a dependable level, he earned respect from several countries and world leaders. He was also known for his intelligence and wisdom; he was never outsmarted in anyway.

He had three children also, James, Nathaniel and Vivian. His first son James had gone into the police force like him and was gradually growing in rank while Nathaniel his second son was the director in an oil company. The only girl and last born Vivian, was a hip-hop artiste who had several hits across the nation and regions beyond. His wife was late, she died two years ago after suffering several years from breast cancer.

Elvis was brought up by a single mother in a poor home. His father who used to be a politician was thrown in prison before he was born, after several of his political enemies had come together and plotted against him for his unshaken honesty and incorruptibility. The man was subjected to serious hardship and labour in prison, he was later found dead after few weeks. His wife who was a foreigner and had forsaken her country and family to marry him was left to bring up the boy alone after all the father's properties had been seized by the court.

He finished his primary education easily through scholarship that was provided by the government of his state but had to stop schooling for some years after primary six. But he was desperate to survive especially when he heard about how his father died and those who caused the death. He was also desperate to continue schooling and become successful. He left his mother's home at a very tender age to live under the bridge, there he learnt the very harsh lifestyle. He started with hawking sachet water by the road and later graduated to selling beef roll and plastic bottled soft drinks. He also involved himself in petty thefts at times and was arrested by the police on several occasions; they always had to release him because of his age and because no one was coming for him.

From the little money he made, he was able to enroll himself for evening classes which he did for three years after which he wrote the university entrance exam and passed after the second attempt. Elvis's strong will and determination to survive continued to push him forward. After he graduated from school, he joined the police force in determination to pursue and ensure that the perpetrators of the crime against his father. But he discovered that it wasn't possible because of the rot in the system. He lost his desire and will to fight back. He was now influenced and corrupted by the system, since he couldn't fight them, he began to live by their rules.

Tarasha got up from the bed and began to take off her night gown, it was time for morning exercise.

~~~

Henry stopped and turned to face the opposite side in front of the old gate before turning off the engine. He took off his seat belt and opened the door. He took out his phone and dialed Jefa's phone number.

'Hello sir' he spoke as Jefa answered his call.

'Are you there now?' Jefa's asked anxiously.

'Yes but I've not gotten into the house. I'll call you when I'm with her. Just pray that everything goes well' Henry answered. He spoke for another few seconds before the call ended. Then he stepped out of the car and began to walk towards the gate.

He stopped in front of the gate, it was properly closed unlike the way it was the day before. He stared around for a while, it looked like something had changed. He didn't know what it was.

He pushed the gate open and walked in, the compound seemed different, he couldn't tell what was amiss. He shrugged and continued walking further, undisturbed.

Nothing was going to stop his excitement, the excitement of breaking the news of a new job to Omotara. He hoped that she would appreciate it and that he would be able to totally convince her to totally leave her job as a fraudster.

He also had plans for all her accomplices, with his reputation he could get a job for everyone of them no matter what qualification they held. He was positive that Omotara would accept his idea especially when she hears about the handsome pay attached to it.

He stepped on the balcony, that was when he realized what had changed in the compound. He turned back, the two vehicles he had met there the day before were no longer there, his heart skipped a beat. Does that mean that Omotara had left the house? He proceeded to the day immediately with curiosity. He began to knock. After knocking several times without getting an answer, he started to call out her name, he got no reply also. He touched the door knob and it opened, revealing that it wasn't locked before. He walked into the living room, it was devoid of any living thing.

'Omotara' he called repeatedly as he walked towards the room section. He entered into the first room, it was empty apart from the furniture in it. Same as the second and third rooms, they only had the beds and wardrobes in them, it was obvious that Omotara had left the place with her team.

He ran his fingers into his hair, frustrated. He had lost her again.

... To be continued
Read chapter 14 part 2 on www.youngicee.com

Kindly keep your comments coming in

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Tunechi1(m): 10:35pm On Apr 08, 2016
Tarasha is startin to leave trails

1 Like

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by elprokez(m): 11:23pm On Apr 08, 2016
THE BEGINNING OF THE END OF TARASHA!!! lipsrsealed
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Carlson001(m): 2:10am On Apr 09, 2016
It's indeed a nice story, kudos to you Oyinprince. I've sent you a PM, pls reply. Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Olabantu(m): 12:48pm On Apr 09, 2016
Can't just stop the movie 'tarasha' in my head... Every single update was a hit back to back... Following u jare padi mi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 1:29pm On Apr 09, 2016
Tarasha - Chapter 14 part 2

Cole the pressed navigation button and gradually began to pull over to the small space left beside the buses parked in front of the motor park. He halted beside a white bus and killed the engine. He took off the seat belt and took a glance at Tarasha to get the next instruction.

'Go into the park and make enquiries on what it takes to hire a good car to Katsina' she said to him as she also took off her seat belt. He opened the door and stepped out at once. He paused and took a look at the big sign board again, Rasmag Transport.

He returned eight minutes later with a paper in his hands, he handed it over to Tarasha.

'It's fifty thousand naira to hire a fully air conditioned car' he explained to her. 'And we have to book at least five hours before the movement time so that the car can be prepared for us'

'It's okay'she replied as she folded the paper and tucked it into her front jacket pocket.

'Boss' Cole called as he put back on the seat belt. 'Why don't we book a flight instead? It'll be less stressful and faster' he suggested.

'It's not an emergency journey, so we don't need to get there fast' Tarasha answered him. 'It'll give us more stress trying to smuggle in weapons into the plane'

Cole nodded thoughtfully in agreement, he wasn't thinking that the traveler would need weapons. He started the car engine and turned on the radio before reversing the car out of its parking space.

"...interested programmers and developers should send in their CVs to nscc@nomail.com' a female presenter's voice came up as they drove off. 'I repeat once again, the NSCC has urgent vacancies to be occupied this week, interested programmers and developers should send in their CVs to nscc@mail.com, as soon as possible"

"You know Funke" a male's voice joined in. 'The vacancies are really urgent, considering the way the nation's activities were brought to a stand still yesterday because the security cameras stopped working'

'Yeah, but it wasn't really because the security cameras failed, it was because of the fright that the notorious assassin group of Samantha Osman was believed to have initiated the failure' the lady added.

'Yes, that's true. But no case of assassination by the group have been reported yet, it was just something like a false alarm. Maybe something happened wrong with the NSCC machines and procedure and they thought that it was being tampered with again by Samantha Osman'

'Yeah... That just buttresses the fact that the NSCC needs more capable hands, they ...' On and on the presenters continued their talk.

~~~~

'Mr Henry' Sylvester called as Henry walked past the reception, heading for his office. Henry waited and turned to answer him. 'How far with the person you went for?' Sylvester asked, extending his hand to Henry for an handshake.

'I didn't meet her' Henry replied and they began to walk together towards his office.

'Don't you have her phone number?' Sylvester questioned.

'I don't have her contact' Henry said as they walked into the corridor leading to his office.

Sylvester remained quiet for a while, wondering why Henry was looking so distraught and answering him lifelessly. 'Who is this lady?' Sylvester asked as Henry opened the door.

'She's a programmer' Henry answered. He opened the door and allowed Sylvester in first after which he followed behind and shut the door. He turned on the air conditioner and light before going to sit down.

'I mean who is the lady to you?' Sylvester asked again after he was settled.

'She's a friend' Henry replied in a very low voice. .

'Then why don't you have her phone number?'

'You won't understand' Henry replied as he took out two laptops under his table.

Sylvester shrugged. 'Well, we've gotten some CVs submitted already. The total CVs we have numbers up to nine already'

'Have you checked them?'

'Not all, but I forwarded them to your mail'

'Okay.' Henry busied himself with his laptop for few minutes while Sylvester also took the second laptop and began to work on it.

'I'm downloading the first five attachments, you work on the remaining ones' Henry said.

After fifteen minutes of proper scrutinization, three out of the nine were picked, two from Sylvester and one from Henry.

'Send letters to these people immediately, invite them for an interview by three pm tomorrow' Henry said, closing his laptop.

'Why three pm?' Sylvester questioned.

'I think one or two of them would be traveling, so we should give them enough time to travel'

'It's okay'

~~~

Dakolo sat quietly in his new office, studying the documents on his table. He had been able to confirm the claim of his colleagues about the good use of arms by the assassin gang through the doctors reports on the bodies of those that were killed in the event centre. He could also tell from the reports that an insider was involved in helping the gang. 

He looked up as a knock sounded on his door. 'Come in' he said into the megaphone.

Inspector Ken walked in briskly and took the visitor's seat in front of the table. He dropped a document on the table. 'Here's the report from the ball test' he said.

'Which ball?' Dakolo raised his eyebrows.

'The one that was launched in to release the gas that made the people faint'

'It was a ball?' Dakolo questioned, taking the documents from Ken.

'Yes, it was'

'Do we have the pictures?'

'Yes, it's in there' Ken took the document from him and opened to the page where the picture was.

'This?' Dakolo asked in surprise, staring at the picture.

'Yes'

'This is a grenade ball' Dakolo stated boldly.

'It looks like but it isn't. The ball contains something else entirely, a strange gas' Ken corrected. 'Just read the report and see for yourself'

Dakolo let out a deep breath and began to read silently. Often times he would look up and stare into Ken's face, whenever he read a surprising truth. He looked up finally after ten minutes.

'Here's a strong proof that Chief Jubril's assassination was carried out by Samantha Osman's group' he said. 'This unknown compound is always used by the gang, the ball also contains it. But the major constituents are tear gas elements'

'Which unknown compound are you talking about?'

'It's an unknown compound which was discovered to be used in the previous two assassination. In the first one, it was used to put three police officers to sleep after which their car was hijacked, their uniforms were also stolen and the car was driven into the minister's compound to carry out the killing. In the second assassination, it was also used to put to sleep some of the other people in the plane'

'Now, it is here also?'

'Yes, this analysis of the substance is the same we got from the forensic teams in Port Harcourt and Lagos'

'Wow! Or is it the same with the substance found in the US investigation today?' Ken asked with inquisitiveness in his eyes. 'It's sounds like they are the same'

'Was there any substance found?' Dakolo asked, bringing out his phone. Ken took out his phone too. 'I saw the news of the assassination on the headlines today' Dakolo continued, 'but I've not been able to read it.'

'Yes, there was' Ken said and handed his phone to Dakolo to read the news. Dakolo dropped his own phone and took Ken's.

'The symptoms are the same' Dakolo said after one minute of scanning through. 'We need to contact the US authorities to see if we can link these cases '

'But what's the name of the gas?'

'It's unnamed yet but it was said to have no natural occurrence and has not been found to be legally produced anywhere' Dakolo spoke, mentioning his words carefully, one after the other. 'The only place signs and effects of these gases have been found are in these assassination cases'

'Hmm...' Ken cleared his throat. He looked into Dakolo's face and Dakolo was also looking into his. 'Agent sir, are you thinking the same thing I'm thinking?'

'I think so' Dakolo smiled, his teeth showed slightly. 'I don't think it's a coincidence that these assassinations are occurring at the same time in several countries. Although the intensity here in Nigeria is high because it involves top citizens'

'Yes, the pattern here is different. The similarity is that there's so much neatness in the way the job is being carried out' Ken out in.

'No Nigeria's cases are a lot more accurate' Dakolo disagreed. 'Do you remember that Robin Kahn was able to stop an assassination attempt in his country before he came here?'

'Yes, he did stop two assassination attempts. One in his country, US and one in South Africa before he handed the cases over to other people and traveled down to Nigeria' Ken spoke. 'But he wasn't able to arrest the assassins, they always escaped with claims of receiving several wounds from Kahn and his men'

'The cases in the other countries were different because the assassination attempts were not on heavily secured people, you can't compare the way Jubril Lawal himself and the event centre were heavily secured and the assassins still penetrated neatly. Come to talk of the one that happened directly under my nose, the assassination of the Rivers state Governor. It is unexplainable how they got on board with the governor'

'So are saying the assassinations are not connected now?' Ken queried.

'No' Dakolo stressed, wiggling his head. 'As a matter of fact,  I think they are connected but we just have to verify first. We can't conclude that they are because our cases are somehow different from other countries'

'It's true' Ken inhaled deeply and took a brief pause. 'No government official or politician has been killed in other countries but that's what we have here'

'Yea, if Kahn couldn't do anything here but instead got himself killed. Then we don't have any strong evidence to connect them yet until we confirm first that the same substance was used by the assassins'

'But... 'Ken stammered, he paused and heaved a heavy sigh. 'How the killer escaped from the event's centre after killing Chief Jubril still baffles me.'

'Yea, I was coming to that' Dakolo adjusted himself on the seat. 'Has everyone working there been thoroughly investigated?'

'Yes all except one, who was very sick but now recovered. He has being invited to our custody and I believe he should be here very soon' Ken glanced at his wristwatch. 'In fact, he should be here already.' Ken took his phone from the table and drew the pattern. He was about to open the dial pad when he saw a SMS notification on top of the screen. A junior officer had just sent him a message of the expected man's arrival.

'He's here already' Ken stated.

'Yes, tell me. Who is this man? What is his job there?'

'He was in charge of serving food that day' Ken replied.

'Okay, can we go and question him now?' Dakolo said getting him from his seat.

~~

An middle aged man was seated behind the interrogation desk, he was staring at Dakolo who was seated at the other end of the desk, Ken was standing close to Dakolo with his arms folded.

'Was there anybody you saw that day among your staffs who looked or was acting suspicious?' Dakolo asked the fifth question.

'No, everything was going perfect until we heard saw people who were at the entrance of the hall run outside. Most of them fainted before they could move too far. We didn't quickly realize what was going on, everybody who entered into the Hall to check also inhaled the gas and experienced the effect. We thought that something had gone wrong with our machines inside'

'How did you know what was happening?'

'I came to monitor those serving the drinks and snacks then and I was returning when I saw people coming out of the hall and falling to the floor'

'Yess...' Ken interrupted with a clap, he just remembered something important. He made an eye signal to request permission from Dakolo, Dakolo authorised him to go ahead with a nod.

'You mentioned earlier that there were ten people who served food and drinks' Ken began.

'Yes, ten' the man confirmed.

'Five guys and five ladies?'

'Yes'

Ken lifted his head up as he inhaled abruptly, he looked back to the man. 'We were only able to interrogate nine of them, I was thinking that you were the tenth person'

'No, I'm the supervisor' the man frowned. 'Do you have the names of those interrogated?'

'Yes, we have their names written somewhere. The list is in my office' Ken said.

'Go get it quickly' Dakolo said to him. Ken obeyed immediately, he returned two minutes later with a file in his hands. He took out a paper from it.

'Here, we have nine names. Five men and four ladies' Ken placed the paper in front of Dakolo first. Dakolo transferred it to the man.

'There's a name missing here' he said, slowly. 'She's a new girl, she just joined us two days before the event, one of our workers had an accident'

... To be continued

Read Chapter 14 Part 3 on www.youngicee.com

3 Likes

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by gudnex22(m): 2:15pm On Apr 09, 2016
Oyinprince:
Tarasha - Chapter 14 part 2

Cole the pressed navigation button and gradually began to pull over to the small space left beside the buses parked in front of the motor park. He halted beside a white bus and killed the engine. He took off the seat belt and took a glance at Tarasha to get the next instruction.

'Go into the park and make enquiries on what it takes to hire a good car to Katsina' she said to him as she also took off her seat belt. He opened the door and stepped out at once. He paused and took a look at the big sign board again, Rasmag Transport.

He returned eight minutes later with a paper in his hands, he handed it over to Tarasha.

'It's fifty thousand naira to hire a fully air conditioned car' he explained to her. 'And we have to book at least five hours before the movement time so that the car can be prepared for us'

'It's okay'she replied as she folded the paper and tucked it into her front jacket pocket.

'Boss' Cole called as he put back on the seat belt. 'Why don't we book a flight instead? It'll be less stressful and faster' he suggested.

'It's not an emergency journey, so we don't need to get there fast' Tarasha answered him. 'It'll give us more stress trying to smuggle in weapons into the plane'

Cole nodded thoughtfully in agreement, he wasn't thinking that the traveler would need weapons. He started the car engine and turned on the radio before reversing the car out of its parking space.

"...interested programmers and developers should send in their CVs to nscc@nomail.com' a female presenter's voice came up as they drove off. 'I repeat once again, the NSCC has urgent vacancies to be occupied this week, interested programmers and developers should send in their CVs to nscc@mail.com, as soon as possible"

"You know Funke" a male's voice joined in. 'The vacancies are really urgent, considering the way the nation's activities were brought to a stand still yesterday because the security cameras stopped working'

'Yeah, but it wasn't really because the security cameras failed, it was because of the fright that the notorious assassin group of Samantha Osman was believed to have initiated the failure' the lady added.

'Yes, that's true. But no case of assassination by the group have been reported yet, it was just something like a false alarm. Maybe something happened wrong with the NSCC machines and procedure and they thought that it was being tampered with again by Samantha Osman'

'Yeah... That just buttresses the fact that the NSCC needs more capable hands, they ...' On and on the presenters continued their talk.

~~~~

'Mr Henry' Sylvester called as Henry walked past the reception, heading for his office. Henry waited and turned to answer him. 'How far with the person you went for?' Sylvester asked, extending his hand to Henry for an handshake.

'I didn't meet her' Henry replied and they began to walk together towards his office.

'Don't you have her phone number?' Sylvester questioned.

'I don't have her contact' Henry said as they walked into the corridor leading to his office.

Sylvester remained quiet for a while, wondering why Henry was looking so distraught and answering him lifelessly. 'Who is this lady?' Sylvester asked as Henry opened the door.

'She's a programmer' Henry answered. He opened the door and allowed Sylvester in first after which he followed behind and shut the door. He turned on the air conditioner and light before going to sit down.

'I mean who is the lady to you?' Sylvester asked again after he was settled.

'She's a friend' Henry replied in a very low voice. .

'Then why don't you have her phone number?'

'You won't understand' Henry replied as he took out two laptops under his table.

Sylvester shrugged. 'Well, we've gotten some CVs submitted already. The total CVs we have numbers up to nine already'

'Have you checked them?'

'Not all, but I forwarded them to your mail'

'Okay.' Henry busied himself with his laptop for few minutes while Sylvester also took the second laptop and began to work on it.

'I'm downloading the first five attachments, you work on the remaining ones' Henry said.

After fifteen minutes of proper scrutinization, three out of the nine were picked, two from Sylvester and one from Henry.

'Send letters to these people immediately, invite them for an interview by three pm tomorrow' Henry said, closing his laptop.

'Why three pm?' Sylvester questioned.

'I think one or two of them would be traveling, so we should give them enough time to travel'

'It's okay'

~~~

Dakolo sat quietly in his new office, studying the documents on his table. He had been able to confirm the claim of his colleagues about the good use of arms by the assassin gang through the doctors reports on the bodies of those that were killed in the event centre. He could also tell from the reports that an insider was involved in helping the gang. 

He looked up as a knock sounded on his door. 'Come in' he said into the megaphone.

Inspector Ken walked in briskly and took the visitor's seat in front of the table. He dropped a document on the table. 'Here's the report from the ball test' he said.

'Which ball?' Dakolo raised his eyebrows.

'The one that was launched in to release the gas that made the people faint'

'It was a ball?' Dakolo questioned, taking the documents from Ken.

'Yes, it was'

'Do we have the pictures?'

'Yes, it's in there' Ken took the document from him and opened to the page where the picture was.

'This?' Dakolo asked in surprise, staring at the picture.

'Yes'

'This is a grenade ball' Dakolo stated boldly.

'It looks like but it isn't. The ball contains something else entirely, a strange gas' Ken corrected. 'Just read the report and see for yourself'

Dakolo let out a deep breath and began to read silently. Often times he would look up and stare into Ken's face, whenever he read a surprising truth. He looked up finally after ten minutes.

'Here's a strong proof that Chief Jubril's assassination was carried out by Samantha Osman's group' he said. 'This unknown compound is always used by the gang, the ball also contains it. But the major constituents are tear gas elements'

'Which unknown compound are you talking about?'

'It's an unknown compound which was discovered to be used in the previous two assassination. In the first one, it was used to put three police officers to sleep after which their car was hijacked, their uniforms were also stolen and the car was driven into the minister's compound to carry out the killing. In the second assassination, it was also used to put to sleep some of the other people in the plane'

'Now, it is here also?'

'Yes, this analysis of the substance is the same we got from the forensic teams in Port Harcourt and Lagos'

'Wow! Or is it the same with the substance found in the US investigation today?' Ken asked with inquisitiveness in his eyes. 'It's sounds like they are the same'

'Was there any substance found?' Dakolo asked, bringing out his phone. Ken took out his phone too. 'I saw the news of the assassination on the headlines today' Dakolo continued, 'but I've not been able to read it.'

'Yes, there was' Ken said and handed his phone to Dakolo to read the news. Dakolo dropped his own phone and took Ken's.

'The symptoms are the same' Dakolo said after one minute of scanning through. 'We need to contact the US authorities to see if we can link these cases '

'But what's the name of the gas?'

'It's unnamed yet but it was said to have no natural occurrence and has not been found to be legally produced anywhere' Dakolo spoke, mentioning his words carefully, one after the other. 'The only place signs and effects of these gases have been found are in these assassination cases'

'Hmm...' Ken cleared his throat. He looked into Dakolo's face and Dakolo was also looking into his. 'Agent sir, are you thinking the same thing I'm thinking?'

'I think so' Dakolo smiled, his teeth showed slightly. 'I don't think it's a coincidence that these assassinations are occurring at the same time in several countries. Although the intensity here in Nigeria is high because it involves top citizens'

'Yes, the pattern here is different. The similarity is that there's so much neatness in the way the job is being carried out' Ken out in.

'No Nigeria's cases are a lot more accurate' Dakolo disagreed. 'Do you remember that Robin Kahn was able to stop an assassination attempt in his country before he came here?'

'Yes, he did stop two assassination attempts. One in his country, US and one in South Africa before he handed the cases over to other people and traveled down to Nigeria' Ken spoke. 'But he wasn't able to arrest the assassins, they always escaped with claims of receiving several wounds from Kahn and his men'

'The cases in the other countries were different because the assassination attempts were not on heavily secured people, you can't compare the way Jubril Lawal himself and the event centre were heavily secured and the assassins still penetrated neatly. Come to talk of the one that happened directly under my nose, the assassination of the Rivers state Governor. It is unexplainable how they got on board with the governor'

'So are saying the assassinations are not connected now?' Ken queried.

'No' Dakolo stressed, wiggling his head. 'As a matter of fact,  I think they are connected but we just have to verify first. We can't conclude that they are because our cases are somehow different from other countries'

'It's true' Ken inhaled deeply and took a brief pause. 'No government official or politician has been killed in other countries but that's what we have here'

'Yea, if Kahn couldn't do anything here but instead got himself killed. Then we don't have any strong evidence to connect them yet until we confirm first that the same substance was used by the assassins'

'But... 'Ken stammered, he paused and heaved a heavy sigh. 'How the killer escaped from the event's centre after killing Chief Jubril still baffles me.'

'Yea, I was coming to that' Dakolo adjusted himself on the seat. 'Has everyone working there been thoroughly investigated?'

'Yes all except one, who was very sick but now recovered. He has being invited to our custody and I believe he should be here very soon' Ken glanced at his wristwatch. 'In fact, he should be here already.' Ken took his phone from the table and drew the pattern. He was about to open the dial pad when he saw a SMS notification on top of the screen. A junior officer had just sent him a message of the expected man's arrival.

'He's here already' Ken stated.

'Yes, tell me. Who is this man? What is his job there?'

'He was in charge of serving food that day' Ken replied.

'Okay, can we go and question him now?' Dakolo said getting him from his seat.

~~

An middle aged man was seated behind the interrogation desk, he was staring at Dakolo who was seated at the other end of the desk, Ken was standing close to Dakolo with his arms folded.

'Was there anybody you saw that day among your staffs who looked or was acting suspicious?' Dakolo asked the fifth question.

'No, everything was going perfect until we heard saw people who were at the entrance of the hall run outside. Most of them fainted before they could move too far. We didn't quickly realize what was going on, everybody who entered into the Hall to check also inhaled the gas and experienced the effect. We thought that something had gone wrong with our machines inside'

'How did you know what was happening?'

'I came to monitor those serving the drinks and snacks then and I was returning when I saw people coming out of the hall and falling to the floor'

'Yess...' Ken interrupted with a clap, he just remembered something important. He made an eye signal to request permission from Dakolo, Dakolo authorised him to go ahead with a nod.

'You mentioned earlier that there were ten people who served food and drinks' Ken began.

'Yes, ten' the man confirmed.

'Five guys and five ladies?'

'Yes'

Ken lifted his head up as he inhaled abruptly, he looked back to the man. 'We were only able to interrogate nine of them, I was thinking that you were the tenth person'

'No, I'm the supervisor' the man frowned. 'Do you have the names of those interrogated?'

'Yes, we have their names written somewhere. The list is in my office' Ken said.

'Go get it quickly' Dakolo said to him. Ken obeyed immediately, he returned two minutes later with a file in his hands. He took out a paper from it.

'Here, we have nine names. Five men and four ladies' Ken placed the paper in front of Dakolo first. Dakolo transferred it to the man.

'There's a name missing here' he said, slowly. 'She's a new girl, she just joined us two days before the event, one of our workers had an acciden

tnx

Read Chapter 14 Part 3 on www.youngicee.com
Which unknown compound are you talking about?
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by mitchyy(f): 2:21pm On Apr 09, 2016
gudnex22:

And you just have to quote this entire long update just to drop a comment? Haba now. Not fair angry

4 Likes

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by akp202(m): 3:44pm On Apr 09, 2016
Have being quietly reading this piece quietly but I just can't keep on without saying this.. ..I LOVE THIS NOVEL.. ..update please.
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by sagieramos(m): 4:38pm On Apr 09, 2016
well done op
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by SmartestPopQUEEN(f): 5:20pm On Apr 09, 2016
Mr or Miss Oyinprince, whichever gender u belong to, if u hear say i don dey hospital, due to d anxiety dat ur suspense is givin me, na u go pay d bill o. If not, u beta cum update b4 i trekk frm Abuja to sambisa!
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Adematae(m): 6:28pm On Apr 09, 2016
I have been following this story quietly from the very begining and I must commend your effort, You are a great writer and you always keep me coming back for more , keep it up bro....Next Episode..

1 Like

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Nobody: 7:12pm On Apr 09, 2016
gudnex22:
Diaris God o. :-o

1 Like

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Andropod(m): 8:20am On Apr 10, 2016
Oyinprince:
Add me instead 08148709832, Thanks
good morning sir..I tried adding but it won't display on my Whatapps..could you please do me the favour of adding me up sir?? I would really appreciate it...
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by segsbenks(m): 9:32pm On Apr 10, 2016
mitchyy:

And you just have to quote this entire long update just to drop a comment? Haba now. Not fair angry
u can imagine, his comment is nt even making sense."which chemical compound" why can't he Google it!

2 Likes

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Elsquidme(m): 10:09am On Apr 11, 2016
wow what an action movie. I tot the cartel is the only movie here till one member patse this link. Op you good. So ure one step ahead on ur blog?
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 3:23pm On Apr 11, 2016
Elsquidme:
wow what an action movie. I tot the cartel is the only movie here till one member patse this link. Op you good. So ure one step ahead on ur blog?
Thanks
Yup, one episode ahead on my blog and I'm planning to increase it soon
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 3:25pm On Apr 11, 2016
SmartestPopQUEEN:
Mr or Miss Oyinprince, whichever gender u belong to, if u hear say i don dey hospital, due to d anxiety dat ur suspense is givin me, na u go pay d bill o. If not, u beta cum update b4 i trekk frm Abuja to sambisa!
Abeg o grin No trekk go sambisa, calm down, fuel go soon dey available. I'm male

1 Like

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 3:26pm On Apr 11, 2016
Tarasha - Chapter 14 part 3
12pm

'Boss' Cole called softly, taking a glance at Tarasha who was seated on the first black leather sofa. The whole team was in the living room, Cole and Aisha was seated on the tiled floor close to the plasma TV , busy with their pads playing the "Full Time Murder", a bloody game created by Cole. Cole was seated on the three seater sofa working on his laptop and Tarasha was also doing the same where she was seated.

Tarasha stood up and dragged herself and her laptop to the three seater sofa. 'They've responded to our e-mail' Cole looked up as she approached him.

'What's in their reply?' Tarasha asked and dropped her laptop on the left side as she sat close to him, her body resting on his. She rested her elbow on his lap as she bent forward to look into the laptop.

" Re: Donation of three hundred bags of rice to Atta's foundation

With joy and gladness of heart did we receive your email, we're glad that we have such passionate people like you who would extend an helping hand to promote a good course whose root isn't even in their home country.

We'll be glad to receive your representatives here at our head office in Katsina, Nigeria. And like you offered in your email, we would also be glad to work with you on other projects.

Thanks

Management

Atta's Foundation "

Tarasha sat up and licked her lips softly. 'One step accomplished. We're going to need new fleet of cars and customized shirts for this new task. Benny would be in charge of that' she said to Cole. She looked towards Aisha and Benny who were still engrossed with the game and turned back to Cole. 'Three hundred bags of rice would cost about two million naira, Aisha would handle the buying of the rice. Please note this' she said and glanced towards Aisha again.

Cole looked away from the laptop to Tarasha's face and frowned. 'Do we have enough money to run this operation?'

'No, and I don't think the Chief can provide up to thirty percent of the funds, we're going to need almost a hundred million'

'Yeah... That's what I'm saying'

'But it's our strategy and we don't have to get all the monies from the Chief. Waiting for him to raise the money would take a long time' Tarasha spoke with a very careless tone that made Cole stare at her like he had seen someone fall from the Jupiter. Where were they supposed to get the monies from, if not from the client who gave them the job.

'Then he has to wait then' Cole asserted.

'Yes, it should have been so but I can't wait for finish the jobs' Tarasha stated, mindful of the fact that she was in a hurry to complete the jobs and leave the country.

'Then what do we do?'

'Nasiru Attahiru would fund his death by himself' she replied.

'How?' Cole widened his eyes in surprise.

'That's where you come in' Tarasha placed her legs up the chair and positioned her self like an Hindu meditating, facing Cole directly. 'Your job now is to search all his bank accounts and check how much we have there. I'm sure we can get a lot more than we need from his accounts'

Cole squeezed his face bitterly. 'I can search his bank accounts but how do we take the money from there without being caught? The banking system is very secure...'

Tarasha interrupted him with a light slap on his cheeks. 'How are we going to get caught?'

'Erm...' He stammered, touching his cheek with his hand. 'They'll be able to track our IP and even the bank account we're transferring it to'

Tarasha frowned at him, disappointed with the way he was reasoning. 'Did the Camera security system locate our IP?'

'Oh!' Cole pressed his palm against his forehead and exhaled. His brain had not told him that they could also hide their IP address like they did to the cameras system. He removed his palm from his forehead and stared at Tarasha. 'But they'll still be notified of the transaction and they may freeze the account we're transferring the monies to'

Tarasha pouted her lips and stared at him for some seconds. 'Then we ensure that they are unaware of the operation'

Cole stared at her, still confused, he had not done such a job before.

'We'll carry out the process on their own server; this will ensure that that don't know that there's an intruder. Then after hacking their server, we disable the notifications settings for his account and do our transfer, then we delete the records from their database immediately. We'll repeat the same process for every bank account of his. That way, there'll be no record of transaction, they'll just discover later that money is missing in the account' Tarasha explained but Cole still looked confused.

'Okay, I'll do it myself.' Tarasha said after seeing that Cole wasn't going to understand easily.

Cole gave a sigh of relief. 'Thanks, I'll learn it'

'What you have to do now is to search all his bank accounts' she said as she got up from her seat, she picked up her laptop and was about to leave to her former position. She remembered something and turned back.

'Cole' she called. He looked up from his laptop. 'I noticed that most banks here in Nigeria uses the Wincorf Nixdorf to operate their automated system'

'Wincall...' Cole stared at her amusingly, he had never heard about whatever it was the bank was using.

Tarasha gave a gasp of astonishment. 'You don't know Wincorf Nixdorf?' She exclaimed loudly in unbelief, placing her left hand on her waist. Aisha and Benny turned back to look at them. She rolled her eyes and exhaled before returning with her laptop in her right hand to sit on the sofa she was sitting before. She sat quietly and opened up the laptop, Aisha and Benny were still staring at her.

'Boss' Benny called softly, dropping his game pad on the floor. Tarasha looked away from her laptop to him. 'You said you were going to explain to us the strategy and why we have to go to Katsina'

Tarasha's shoulders dropped. 'I would, when the right time comes. For now, some of the strategies are changing, if I find a better idea, we won't have to travel to Katsina. But just keep in mind that Mrs Attahiru is the weakest link by which we can get to her son, the Senate President' she explained and turned her face back to her laptop.

'Okay, thanks' Benny said and turned back to the TV slowly. He picked up the game pad and remained motionless for a while. He turned and glanced briefly at Tarasha again, wondering what kind of person she was. At times she could be so sweet and talk to them like a mother, explaining things calmly and she could become a tough boss in the next moment.

Tarasha looked up from her laptop after some minutes and began to look at everyone else in the living room. She took a minute to look at Cole who was busy with his laptop and another minute for Benny and Aisha who had returned to their game. She stared more at Aisha.

'We need a clipper' she said with a chuckle before she closed her laptop and got up from the seat.

~~~

3pm

'Her lips are not that big' the man corrected the artist who was making a sketch of his description. 'Yes, perfect now'

The interrogation room was brightly lit up now, an artist had a standing drawing board erected before him while Ken was seated on a chair close to the interrogation desk and staring from there. They had gone to the man's office to search for the credentials of the new employee but they couldn't find it. They had to resort to making a sketch of her face from the man's description.

'Is this how she looks?' Ken walked closer to the man and the artist.

'Yes' the man replied.

They all turned back as the door to the interrogation room opened, Dakolo walked in and closed the door, he had left briefly to pick up a file in his office.

'Do we have the drawing now?' Dakolo asked as he approached them.

'Yes' Ken answered.

Dakolo stopped when he got close to the artist and stared into the sketch.

'Is this her?' He asked the man under interrogation.

'Yes, she looks like this'

Dakolo shook his head doubtfully, he opened the file that was with him and took out a picture containing Aisha Bello's image. He tried to compare the drawing with the picture but there was no real resemblance except for some slight ones he was careful enough to notice.

'Some of their facial features look alike' he said as he handed the picture to Ken.

'Aisha Bello' Ken muttered as he stared at the picture and did his own comparison. 'They don't look alike in any way to me'

Dakolo collected the photo back and turned to the man. 'I'm not satisfied with this yet' he said, giving the man a stern look. 'You couldn't find the credentials in your office?' He asked for the third time since the Man and Ken had returned.

'Yes' the man replied in a tired voice.

'We searched everywhere in his office, her credentials were missing in the files' Ken supported the man.

'That further proves that she must be part of the assassin gang and your company would be in trouble if we don't find her' Dakolo asserted, making the man tremble in fear. Dakolo moved closer to the drawing board, the artist had finished packing his drawing materials into the bag and was about to leave. He removed the pins holding the drawing sheet to the board and handed over the sheet to Dakolo.

'What's her name again?' Dakolo asked the man, staring at the drawing.

'Khadijat is her first name, I don't remember the last name'

'Khadijat' Dakolo muttered. He handed over the drawing sheet to Ken. 'Let's trace the name on the citizen's directory and see whose picture matches it'

~~

**Three Days Later (Thursday)**

Now, all is set for the trip to Katsina on Saturday. Tarasha and the team would book two cars from the transport firm. As usual, Benny and Aisha would go in one while Cole and the boss in the other.

Tarasha came down from the car as she got to the gate of the house. She was about to walk in when someone greeted.

'Hi' a man who came out from the next compound greeted.

'Hello' Tarasha turned back to answer.

'Yeah' the guy smiled sheepishly. He had a somewhat fat body and a round head, his chubby cheeks and light skin colour made him look like a cartoon character. He wore a red tie on a white shirt which was properly tucked into his black trousers. He had the NSCC ID card hanging on his neck.  'I noticed that you guys just moved in and I thought I should say hello and welcome you to the estate'

'Oh, thanks. That's nice of you' Tarasha smiled back at him.

'You're welcome. My name is Henry Paul' he said, extending his hand to her for a handshake.

Henry's picture flashed back into Tarasha's mind as she took his hand in hers. This Henry Paul was a complete opposite of Henry; fat, chubby and light skinned and worst still, an ugly face round face. 'I'll call you Paul, you can call me Evelyn' she replied.

'Oh! Nice to meet you Evelyn. I hope to invite you over to my house for a meal one day'

'Well, let's see how it goes' she smiled.

'Okay, we'll see later then' he said to Tarasha and waved goodbye. She waved back before proceeding to enter the house and open the gate from behind.

She drove into the compound and parked the car beside the van. The space in the compound wasn't a large one but it could take two to three cars. There was a short tree at the left side which provides a shade for them to sit outside during sunny hours.

Benny had come out on hearing the sound of her car driving in. He helped her to close the gate.

'Thank you' Tarasha said to Benny as she stepped out  of the car with a box of clipper in her hands. She looked over the fence to the compound by the left from which the chubby guy had come out from. It was a larger than theirs. In it was a one storey building of four flats.

'Take this to Aisha' she gave the clipper box to Benny.

Benny smiled as he took it from her and began to walk inside the house. He couldn't stop smiling as he imagined how Aisha would look like on skin cut. That was part of the team's conclusion on the best way to disguise her since her face and name was still on the police wanted list. She needed a different method of disguise apart from the makeup method she used for the last job.

...to be continued

Make sure you drop your comments

Read Chapter 14 Part 4 on www.youngicee.com

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (51) (Reply)

Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl / Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" / Silent Seduction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 278
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.